[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were cross gen evos a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-464Rhyperior.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-464Rhyperior.png
53KB, 250x250px
Were cross gen evos a mistake?
>>
>>31509696
No.

I'll admit a few of the designs were a bit dopey, but the majority took lackluster pokemon and made them useful.
We should have kept getting more or them. I don't care if we'd get some serious defensive walls due to Eviolite.
>>
Rhyperior takes some time getting used to, but it isn't that bad when you look at it as a turret, much like how Mega Heracross is a beetle with gatling guns for arms.

And as >>31509767 said, eviolite still made some of them useful. I wished some megas were evolutions instead.
>>
>>31509696
Crobat, Magnezone, Steelix, Kingdra, Scizor, Electivire, Magmortar, Honchkrow, Weavile, Gliscor, Gallade and Roserade say no, anon.
>>
>>31509696
>Electivire
>Yanmega
>Mamoswine
>Gliscor
>Gallade
>Weavile
Come on dog
>>
>>31509835
oh yeah mamoswine and yanmega too.

Basically no, the good waaaaaaay outweigh the bad.
>>
The only thing I hate about them is the stupid methods you have to use to evolve them. Also they made yanmega and porygon-z so they aren't all bad.
>>
>>31509696
>>31509767
>>31509815

Eviolite was a mistake, because whoever came up with the idea was thinking about leaving Dewott unevolved, and kinda forgot they gave evolutions to Chansey, Rhydon, Dusclops and Porygon2.

Cross-gen evos are something that the franchise needs to go back to. Megas and Regional variants may be neat, but actual evos are fine, specially for stuff in the low 400's.

Rhyperior should totaly had been Mega Rhydon tho. And Mega Audino should had been a damn regular evolution, like Mega Mawile and Mega Sableye, which are min maxed as fuck to justify using a Mega to reach Raichu's stat total.
>>
>>31509847
>because whoever came up with the idea was thinking about leaving Dewott unevolved
you wot m8
>>
They are the best thing that has happened to me in my entire life
>>
>>31509835
>weavile
shit taste confirmed
>>
File: 1467268216021.png (110KB, 300x589px) Image search: [Google]
1467268216021.png
110KB, 300x589px
>>31509696
we got frosty waifu
>>
File: 1485021889780.jpg (158KB, 1078x710px) Image search: [Google]
1485021889780.jpg
158KB, 1078x710px
>>31509696
No. Baby pokemon was a mistake.
>>
>>31510010
>being a Sneaselfag
>in 2017
>>
>>31509865

> If you don't want to fully evolve your starter, give it this item and it will pull its weight!
> Oops, older Pokemon exist.

Eviolite was given around the third gym in BW. BW had no old Pokemon until the postgame. Basically, they didn't really think it through.

>>31510172

Munchlax, Elekid, Magby, Tyrogue, Budew and Happiny are not mistakes. Bonsly, Mime Jr., Smoochum and Mantyke are okay. Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff and Azurill do not deserve to exist outside a womb/egg.
>>
>>31510272
Wot wrong with iggly
>>
>>31510272
The gen 2 babies were fine. They were introduced along with breeding and so they always pop out of eggs. Basically, they became a 'real' part of the evolutionary line, if you will. Also, babies that added extra moves, like pichu getting nasty plot, are fine.

Comparatively things like mantyke have absolutely no reason to exist. It doesn't give mantine anything new and in most games can only be obtained if you breed a mantine holding a specific item.
>>
>>31509696
Try look in a mirror
>>
>>31509696
>Eviolite Rhydon
No
>>
Eviolite was a mistake.
>>
No, but GF should have the balls to retcon stuff when needed. For example most cross gen evolutions are by trade for no good fucking reason.
>>
>>31509696
I'm sure some cross-evos were designed before their debut games. So no, they are the same thing as regular evolutions.
>>
>>31509696
Nope. And, pic related, rhyperior is the only good reason to train a rhydon.
>>
>>31509696
They're good when they aren't big ass ugly ovals
(Rhyperior, magmortar, Lickilicky)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.