[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme/shitposts/who gives a shit thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: N_47a2f3_6152944.jpg (78KB, 483x810px) Image search: [Google]
N_47a2f3_6152944.jpg
78KB, 483x810px
Meme/shitposts/who gives a shit thread
>>
What the name of N's, Griffith's, and Kaworu's animu archetype anyways?

No-Homo Rival?
>>
File: 60516116_p0.png (2MB, 1742x2300px) Image search: [Google]
60516116_p0.png
2MB, 1742x2300px
Best villains are Corless, Guzma, and Ghetsis because they're the most fun. Corless' SCIENCE, Guzma dumb thug showboating, and Ghetsis for being the only one hardcore enough to try to kill the player character and literally breaking down in insanity after being stopped by some meddling kids from fuck knows where not once, but TWICE.
>>
Guzma is high tier though.
>>
File: FAGOAT.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
FAGOAT.png
1MB, 1280x768px
Fagoat wants to go on a date with you. Will you join it?
>>
>>31508521
I really want to know why villains that are bad because "muh childhood" or "muh life sucks" are so high and the ones who only wants power are so low. Actually, those are funny to see, at least.
>>
>>31508734
Wasn't its name eridien or something like that?
>>
File: IMG_20170114_013039.jpg (147KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_013039.jpg
147KB, 1280x768px
>>31508864
Erigoat, to be exact.
>>
>>31508754
It's the result of a legitimate complaint taken too far.

"Because I'm EVIL" is shit-tier villain-writing. Even history's greatest villains weren't born twirling their mustaches. Often, they thought that their actions were justified for one reason or another. And they certainly weren't doing things BECAUSE they were evil--they always had a reason.

So, a villain who had a reason to be villainous--both a past that made them the way that they are and a purpose behind their actions--is, straight-up, better than "for teh evulz."

The issue is that "for power/money/whatever" is actually a legitimate reason to do something, and someone acting for that reason was sculpted that way by the society in which they exist. But it's hard for people to see the impact of a society that they themselves live in, so they look at it and see "evil because evil." Even though it's more realistic than "I want to end the world because daddy never hugged me," it seems less realistic to them because no specific reason is given.

Narrative convention is weird. Sometimes, a more accurate depiction of reality seems less realistic to an audience because it doesn't line up with how things are expected to be presented.
>>
>>31508963
>Sometimes, a more accurate depiction of reality seems less realistic to an audience because it doesn't line up with how things are expected to be presented.
Fucking coconuts
>>
>>31508521
Put N with Archie and Maxie higher. N was even stupider than Archie. Just because you want to suck his dick doesn't make him good.
>>
>>31508984
N's motives are shit because the game world shows they have absolutely no basis, which even he realizes by the end of BW1. But at least his motivation actually exists and has some reason to due to Ghetsis' manipulation and abuse.
>>
>>31508984
This. Both Maxie and Archie are retarded, but Maxie can at least make sense if you squint really hard at him.
Archie is just fucking nuts.
>>
>>31508963
>Because I'm EVIL" is shit-tier villain-writing. Even history's greatest villains weren't born twirling their mustaches. Often, they thought that their actions were justified for one reason or another. And they certainly weren't doing things BECAUSE they were evil--they always had a reason.

See people say that, but my counter is that a serial killer that just likes watching people die is one of the most horrifying kinds of criminals irl.
>>
>>31509015
Expanding the land doesn't sound that bad. I mean, the world's mostly ocean. A bit more land wouldn't be bad.

Archie's nuts though.
>>
>>31508521
The problem with elder god tier is that if their cause is more justified than the hero's, then what's the point of rooting for the hero at all? Not every story is going to use a villain protagonist.
>>
>>31509030
>Expanding the land doesn't sound that bad.

It's not that bad, especially because he's trying to save Hoenn from all that water.

Archie just wants to flood what's already flooded.
>>
File: N (2).png (77KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
N (2).png
77KB, 600x598px
>>31508521
Get N down. He was shit. At least characters like Lysandre had a interesting role, being someone their region looked up to, yet they were twisted inside. N was just an autistic Gary Stu.
>>
>>31509021
A serial killer who likes watching people die isn't going to end up constructing an entire organization that does his killing for him. Then he doesn't get to watch the people die.
>>
>>31508963
>Often, they thought that their actions were justified for one reason or another. And they certainly weren't doing things BECAUSE they were evil--they always had a reason.
Or you know, they're just fucked up in the head. It's not hard to be "just evil" if you're legit crazy.
>>
>>31509080
>A serial killer who likes watching people die isn't going to end up constructing an entire organization that does his killing for him.

Charles Manson
>>
>>31509080

Not every villain has to be the leader of something, sometimes they can just be a lone wolf.
>>
I didn't care for B2W2
>>
>>31509092
>Not every villain has to be the leader of something
They kind of do in Pokémon.
>>
>>31508963
Evil characters who are evil for no reason can be the most interesting ones if done right. Even if handled horribly, they're still better than characters are presented with a reason for being evil, but the reason isn't good enough.
This is why I think Ghetsis is a lot better than N. He might not have a great, tragic reason for being evil, but he's a lot more realistic than N.
>>
N was just a pawn who had his convictions programmed into him by an artificial environment. Any credit he gets as an antagonist goes to Ghetsis.
>>
>>31509088
>believing in an impending war is the same as just liking to watch people die
>>
>>31509116

Not really, they could write in a bad guy who is independent of the villain team and was waiting for you to get rid of them so he could rise to power or take something for himself.
>>
>>31509092
You know, like Apocalypse Curie!
>>
>>31509127
Honestly that's what I thought they were going to do with Silver when it turned out his just kind of a shitbag.
>>
>>31509149
His first few lines in the game were about how much he hates Team Rocket. I don't even know why you got the idea.
>>
>>31509156

He hates them because they're weak, he has a very social darwinist view of the world. You can do something with that narratively.
>>
>>31509165
He hates them because their leader was his father. Weak or not, they were still stronger than him at the start.
>>
File: YAlZthn.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
YAlZthn.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
>>31508734
Does anyone remember that being called Erigoat?
>>
File: IMG_20170114_214026.jpg (94KB, 881x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170114_214026.jpg
94KB, 881x768px
>>31510396
I do. Want some juice?
>>
>>31508581
Don't forget Nagitwink Komaeda
>>
>>31510529
>18km

what
>>
>>31510568
It's 181cm. The 1 and the cm are a bit too close there.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.