[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things That Are Blatantly Mistakes But Too Late To Fix Now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: NdRPPrh[1].png (107KB, 536x274px) Image search: [Google]
NdRPPrh[1].png
107KB, 536x274px
Weavile ought to have been a gender difference for Sneasle. Carnivine should have been a split evo for Weepinbell, like Bellossom was to Gloom.
>>
File: lav.png (75KB, 572x362px) Image search: [Google]
lav.png
75KB, 572x362px
>>31507563
>>
Sinnoh
>>
What would the gender difference even be?
>>
>>31507630
Are you serious, 4 real and 4 Kids?
>>
File: hory shetu.png (407KB, 1050x1150px) Image search: [Google]
hory shetu.png
407KB, 1050x1150px
>>31507585
That still pissis me off!
>>
>>31507656
Wouls it have a heart shaped tail feather
>>
Tyroque and Hitmontop should have been pre-evos to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee respectively.

Banette should have gotten a third evolution with Dusknoir in gen 4.

Heracross should have been a metal coating evolution of Pinsir. I know they have very different designs, but the body shape is still relatively the same and it would keep up with Pinsir and Scyther being counterparts.

Butterfree should have been Venonat's evolution.

Dusk, Dawn, Leaf, and Ice stones should be usable on Eevee.
>>
>>31507772
>Banette should have gotten a third evolution with Dusknoir in gen 4
Fcking this! Ditto about them getting Megas as well.
>>
>>31507772
Problem with the Dawn stone, is its not actually the counterpart to the Dusk Stone.

Shiny Stone is.

Not the first time GF/tPCi/NoA fucked this one up either.
The Ultra Ball is actually the name of the ball to catch thigns from the ULTRA Dimension whereas the highest tier generic is the Hyper Ball;
the Sun Stone doesnt appear to have much relation to the Moon Stone;
Marsh Badge is not from the Poison (like a swamp) gym, and the Soul Badge is not from the Psychic (soul and mind) gym but rather, vice versa;
Despite Gold being representative of Psychic (Marsh badge is a yellow circle, among other examples), PSYduck and GOLDuck are not Psychic types, yet a pink hippo is.
>>
>>31507772
>Dusk, Dawn, Leaf, and Ice stones should be usable on Eevee.
The fact this isn't a thing is dumb as hell
>>
>>31507843
>PSYduck and GOLDuck are not Psychic types
I genuinely to this day thought they were
>>
>>31507772
Moon and Sun stone makes more sense for umbreon and espeon
>>
>>31507772
>Banette should have gotten a third evolution with Dusknoir in gen 4.

This so fucking much. Megas for guys like Banette don't mean shit unless GF acknowledges that they're shit and rework them entirely.
>>
>>31507867
also PSYduck is a gold-ish color, while GOLDuck is blue.
>>
File: punch and kick.png (137KB, 586x385px) Image search: [Google]
punch and kick.png
137KB, 586x385px
>>31507563
>signature moves of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan
>involves a kick or a punch
>Normal type

why?
>>
I feel like a lot of evolutionary line madness could have been solved with the concept of terminal breeding that Manaphy/Phione introduced. Terminally bred pokemon need not necessarily be prevented from evolving, but they just can't evolve into the parent pokemon.

pikachu -> various pikaclones (depending on held items)
kangaskhan -> cubone (evolves normally to marowak)
scyther -> scizor (holding metal coat. preferable to trade evolution in order to avoid setting precedent of evolution that does not increase BST)
sigilyph -> unown
>>
>>31507563
>OP
>>
>>31507563
Those ideas are fucking awful OP
>>
Why the fuck can't Weavile learn Ice Shard
>>
Moon Stone = Umbreon
Sun Stone = Espeon
Leaf Stone = Leafeon
Ice Stone = Glaceon
Shiny Stone = Sylveon

Nidoran (m) and (f) are now THE SAME POKEMON
>>
>>31507772
>tfw I actually believed Pinsir > Heracross as a kid
>>
>>31508949
>Nidoran (m) and (f) are now THE SAME POKEMON
fucking this god damn

Oh, and let Nidoqueen breed.
>>
>>31507563
Neither of those make sense though
>>31507585
>>31507998
>>31507843
>>31508949
Now these on the other hand
>>31508913
Better question, why doesn't weavile learn any ice moves by level up?

Also
>trade while holding an item evolutions
>amie affection has absolutely no impact on the previously established happiness stat
>>
SM should have introduced new megas.
>>
>>31508982
Hell no
>>
>>31508949
>>31507772
>Tyroque and Hitmontop should have been pre-evos to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee respectively.
>Heracross should have been a metal coating evolution of Pinsir. I know they have very different designs, but the body shape is still relatively the same and it would keep up with Pinsir and Scyther being counterparts.

You know this is dumb as fuck, right? They are different species.

And most of complains are things done to avoid retcons, like other stones being usable on Eevee. If they allowed the use of Leaf Stone on it to trigger the evolution to Leafeon, GF would create a retcon since both Leaf Stone and Eevee were avaliable before Gen IV.

I agree about the Banette thing.
>>
>>31508981
>amie affection has absolutely no impact on the previously established happiness stat
There's nothing like introducing a new player to the series to realize exactly how bullshit some of this stuff is.

My wife was playing Sun, and wanted a Pikachu. She caught a Pichu, and I told her it evolved when leveled up at maximum happiness. So far so good.

A little later
>"You lying fuck."
>"What?"
>"He's at five hearts, and I just leveled him up. No evolution."
>"No, not that happiness."
>"What?"
>explain
>"That's stupid. You're stupid. Stop being stupid."

She gave me a fucking death glare when I later told her how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.
>>
>>31509028
That shit happened to me too because I only played Y through once and without any friendship evos so getting a pichu was a rude awakening
>>
>>31509001
>since both Leaf Stone and Eevee were avaliable before Gen IV

Because GF are such massive autists we have numerous, cumbersome items such as incense to justify their reasoning for why Bonsly wasn't in Gen I. When in reality no one gives a shit.

Would there really be a kid out there (if Leaf Stones were compatible) who'd complain their Eevee won't evolve into Leafeon in Pokemon fucking Yellow?
>>
>>31507563
caterpie and goldeen cries.
every time i think about it my head explodes
>>
>>31508949
Never going to happen. They'd have to retcon the pokedex, and every pokemon in the dex after them would be offset by one, and overall create more trouble than it's worth.
>Eeveelution stones
Never going to happen either because they'd technically be retconning. Notice how every added evolution has an added gimmick to it? Rhyperior and Dusknoir are item trade evos, Tangrowth, Mamoswine, and Yanmega all require ancient power, Magnezone has to have a special location to evolve, and many baby pokemon require an incence. Since these items or methods weren't available to previous generations, Game Freak has a way to argue that they aren't actually retconning.

Since the stones and "corresponding" eevelutions weren't introduced in the same generation, game freak didn't bother, and now it's too late as they'd be retconning.
>>
>>31509180
>thread is literally titled "Things That Are Blatantly Mistakes But Too Late To Fix Now"
We know. We know they're not going to happen.
>>
>>31507998
>Barrage
>>
>>31509180
>what is reading comprehension
your entire reply is moot and pointless
>>
>>31509090
>incense
These items trigger my autism. None of them have any useful effect that other items didn't have before (besides breeding babies obviously) and there's something about there being FOUR items that boost the power of water moves, not including gems, pisses me right the fuck off. The plates make sense because those are Arceus's thing but these damn incenses are purely redundant. Side note, why is there no fairy boosting non-plate item yet?
>>
>>31507585

I fucking leveled a shitty useless luvdicks to 65 thinking it would evolve.

Fucking GF.
>>
>>31509028
Hapiness=/=Affection
>>
Many small 1st stage pokemon should become Baby pokemon.
Nidorans for example.
>>
>>31507843
>The Ultra Ball is actually the name of the ball to catch thigns from the ULTRA Dimension whereas the highest tier generic is the Hyper Ball
That's actually the case in the french translation
>>
>>31508949
It should be dusk stone and dawn stone for umbreon and espeon
>>
>>31507772
>hitmontop should have been a pre-evo
holy shit a retard
i ALMOST agree with the heracross thing, except pinsir and heracross are counterparts. just switch the gens scyther and heracross were released in and problem solved
>>
File: 1437499901072.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1437499901072.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>the points for amie and the points for friendship should've been the same fucking thing
>Magcargos shiny
>bouffalant shouldve been an evo to tauros OR there should have been a prevo where its stats made it evolve into either similar to tyrogue
>the entire hoopa and volcanion in game events that were obviously scrapped but had leftover parts
>pokemon that are "fusions" (magneton metagross etc) shouldve required two of the pokemon at a certain level to evolve
>solrock and lunatone shouldve been in sun/moon. dont even care about megas or alola forms but why the fuck arent they present? there's even an npc in the desert that asks for them
>most of the gen 4 evos
>every gen's mew counterpart isnt fairy type now
>less than half the evo stones being available in shops that sell evo stones
>1% encounter rate alola mons
>the regis being the ONLY legendaries with interesting ways to unlock
>pokemon like porygon-2 being able to use eviolite
>dex numbers not being related to type or in game location
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>trade evos
>>
>Gen 2 introduces Faint Attack (Dark move that never misses)
>Was finally corrected to Feint Attack in Gen 6
>But Game Freak had to fuck things up by making Feint (Normal move that hits through Protect) in Gen 4
>Now we are left with Feint and Feint Attack, two moves that are completely different in function
>>
>>31509475
this is mostly an issue with translation, dont think non english games have the same problem
>>
>>31507563
Unova was a mistake
>>
File: 555.png (241KB, 723x1447px) Image search: [Google]
555.png
241KB, 723x1447px
>>31509497
forgot image
>>
>>31509515
>pointing to miltank for tauros instead of bouffalant
>implying munna and drowzee could be anywhere NEAR the same evo line
>swoobat and noibat together for no fucking reason
>>
>>31509180
Except that Piloswine could learn Ancientpower as far back as Gen 2, meaning it "should" have evolved into Mamoswine back then.
>>
>Carbink doesn't evolve into Diance
>Dunsparce doesn't evolve into Drampa
>Maractus is not an alternate evolution for Cacnea
>Phione doesn´t evolve into Manaphy
>Arbok doesn't evolve into Seviper
>>
>>31509180
Why won't they retcon?
Also, they already do every time they introduce a new type. Except for Dark.
>>
>>31508981
>Better question, why doesn't weavile learn any ice moves by level up?
Because they wanted to showcase the shard tutor mechanic.
>>
>>31509567
>implying munna and drowzee could be anywhere NEAR the same evo line

Musharna and Drowzee are literally the exact same concept
>>
File: 250px-464Rhyperior.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-464Rhyperior.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>
File: gen5_fixed.png (185KB, 900x320px) Image search: [Google]
gen5_fixed.png
185KB, 900x320px
>>
>Ekans holding Metal Coat should've evolved into Seviper. Giving us our first Steel/Poison type.
>>
File: mimes.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
mimes.gif
2MB, 400x225px
The name Mr.Mime.
>>
>>31507563
Detect and Protect being the exact same thing in function but with Detect being worse in every other way (less PP, less Pokemon can learn it)
>>
>>31509572
also lickitung
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.