[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: ashanime2.png (320KB, 728x764px) Image search: [Google]
ashanime2.png
320KB, 728x764px
>pic related
>>
>the pokemon anime- which was always a little shitty- got more shitty with time
more at 11.
>>
>>31504207
>>
>watching the ashime for the battles
>>
>a Raichu will never hold you down under its big flabby belly

Why live?
>>
File: tumblr_lzt3oirrzu1r0dx95o1_1280.jpg (74KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzt3oirrzu1r0dx95o1_1280.jpg
74KB, 900x643px
>>31505888
More suffering for you.
>>
Someone's going to try and say XY had good battles

ITs probably a person who thinks amour is one of the best romances in the history of fiction.

The battle choreography in XY is shit. The monsters fling themselves at each other and around in impressive swirls of color but none of these moves translate any amount of pain or loss

There are no parameters for victory in XY in particular.
At least gen 1 made up some easy to swallow bullshit
Instead in XY you just have greninja hitting a mega sceptile with a water shuriken and winning because friendship and believing in yourself

You're an idiot if you think the anime dropping types and levels is good without replacing it with some parameters

If you like XY respect it by not inflating what it is
>>
What the fuck was Blaine and Sabrina's problems? How are they still allowed allowed to be gym leaders?
>>
>>31507935
>Gen 1
>easy to swallow bullshit
choose one anon. I don't think greninja beating a sceptile is good,but it's better than pikachu being able to use thunderbolt on ground types becuase of random bullshit. At least greninja can in game beat a sceptile if the level gap is high enough.
>>
>>31507965
Blaine didn't really do anything bad--especially since the magma is treated with cartoon-physics.
Sabrina, though, should've had her gym-rights completely revoked. That shit's psych-otic.
Hell, Erika's gym lackeys wouldn't let Ash compete for a badge because he didn't like perfume.
>>
>>31507935
Yes, aiming for the horn and the fucking sprinkler system are great strategies

I'm not defending XY btw
>>
>>31508118
I'm not defending OS, I'm saying that at least they came up with an excuse, at least the thought that what just happened onscreen was nonsense passed through their brain
>>
>>31504207
Yeah. The earlier battles felt a lot more 'grounded' and 'real'. The pokemon felt more like living breathing animals that just so happened were able to breathe fire and use electricity. It wasn't as flashy or riddled with CGI as it is now. Maybe that's the reason why I always find myself replaying the OS gym battles and not the later ones. And I didn't grow up with the pokemon anime. I started watching a few months ago because of my love for the games.
>>
>>31506230
Such sweet suffering.
>>
>>31506230
This is cute as fuck to be quite fucking TBQFHWYF honest with you famalam.
>>
>>31504207
>the weak should fear the strong.png
>>
>>31507977
But, Pikachu's thundershock/bolt didnt effect Onix at all.
It couldn't move so he did the only thing he could think of, which while useless on Onix, triggered the sprinkler system which damaged Onix.
unforunately for defending that shit though, in practice Pikachu more or less used Rain Dance which still wouldnt do anything
>>
>>31507977
>muh battle mechanics
You faggots ruined a decent, amusing anime with your autism.
>>
>>31508118
>OS predicted the move soak
>>
File: Photo Mar 06, 8 05 31 PM.jpg (572KB, 800x719px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Mar 06, 8 05 31 PM.jpg
572KB, 800x719px
>>31505888

I'd rather tickle Raichu's belly
>>
>>31511356
Yeah
The pokemon anime still shits on type matchups, only now they dont come up with reasons why
>>
>>31508035
The thing with Erika was part of the plot, though. A Gym Leader can't refuse a challenge, but if you can't get in to MAKE the challenge, maybe next time you'll the twice before insulting the Gym Leader's Pokémon Partner and the perfume it makes.
>>
>>31505863
Then what other reason is there?
There's no intricate plot, well developed characters with depth, outstanding animation past or present, and no reason to care when you know that the main character will never get any closer to achieving his goal unless the show is cancelled.
>>
>>31511396
*think twice
>>
>>31507935

>He's using the power of friendship excuse

Your fucking dillusional if you think this didn't happen in Gen 1
>>
>>31509923
>I started watching a few months ago
What the fuck is wrong with you? I watch that shit with my three year old cousin and not even nostalgia saves it from being boring as fuck.
>>
>>31511424
It is literally the focal point of XY
How many instances in gen 1 did the pokemon win because of love or willpower vs it literally being the force allowing Ash to achieve in XYZ
>>
I've watched the entire anime and I couldn't stand the regular parroting of "Good job, take a good rest" all the time in the newer episodes
>>
>>31511424
Misty in like the second episode tears into Ash for thinking willpower alone is worth anything in an amazingly articulate way. Not sure if dub only
>>
>>31511462
Nearly every fucking time, especially the movies?
And if it wasn't that it was a fluke, lucky break, or outright cheating.
>>
>>31507935
>>Ash sweeping 3 mons with a krabby is more believable
>>
>>31511496
And yet that's how he got his Thunderbadge. If not for that he would've either evolved Pikachu or given up and gone home. He only thought of any actual strategy in the middle of the rematch itself.
>>
>>31511510
He hot it because "Pikachu used its tail as a ground"

The point was never that OS was good, its that it made an attempt to cover its ass once in a while
>>
>>31511497
A bullshit contrivance was always more interesting than Greninja believing in the heart of the cards
>>
>>31511524
>>31511533
So? It doesn't excuse it. It also doesn't cover the movies, which almost exclusively dealt with muh power of friendship.

Besides, Ash-Greninja had the cover of being stronger exclusively because of the form change which is different from just being strongr because you believe, and it was near uncontrollable without perfect synchronization. All Mega Evolution needed in the anime was a strong bond. Ash-Greninja got fucked several times because Ash himself wasn't strong enough to control the synchro.
The Giant Water Shurikens at the League were definitely 100% bullshit though.

For the record I think both seasons are garbage.
>>
>>31511570
You keep arguing as if you think I like OS rather than just outright hating XY

Unlike Gen 1 bastardizing physics left and right there are absolutely now ways to observe Ash's progress with Greninja other than results. Its just not entertaining
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.