[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about version exclusives? A good feature to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: exclusives.png (137KB, 880x640px) Image search: [Google]
exclusives.png
137KB, 880x640px
What do you think about version exclusives? A good feature to make unique adventures and promote player interaction? Or well intentioned but redundant or otherwise ineffectual on game experience? What would salavage it as a feature; More exclusives? Less exclusives? More distinct exclusives? Better balance between them? More versions?
>>
are you seriously missing butterfree and beedrill in that chart
>>
>>31502289
I don't know what games you're talking about, but they weren't exclusives in RB. One was just rarer.
>>
>>31502289
Butterfree and Beedril were never exclusives until BW, their encounter rates were just lopsided(5%-v-50%) and flipflopped between versions in early games(weedle more common in Red, caterpie in Blue).
>>
Only the legendary and Mega exclusives really matter desu. The rest are either old Pokemon or shit you'll never use.
>>
File: 1473546345686.jpg (8KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1473546345686.jpg
8KB, 256x256px
>>31502269
> Gible is counterpart of nothing
>>
>>31502331
>>31502289
and in Gold and Silver they were almost exclusive except for the fact that they were both available in the nationpark during bug catching competitions regardless of version.
>>
>>31502289
>>31502308
BW2 as well.

>>31502269
You fucked up the version exclusives of BW2 a little. Spoink and Skitty aren't counterparts, but Spoink/Numel and Buneary/Skitty. Also Stunky/Glameow. Never realized Gible has no W2 counterpart, though.
>>
>>31502359
>>31502342
It was the shiny gible gift that was opposite the shiny dratini, but then they'd already made dratini wild in both so it wound up lopsided
>>
>>31502269
A cheap way to sell the same game twice although it doesn't really matter now anymore as pretty much everyone can use the GTS.
More differences in future gens like gen V had with the different route and a different Opelucid City would be great.

>>31502381
Makes sense.
>>
Where are the White Forest Pokémon?
>>
File: shocked_dog.jpg (67KB, 298x296px) Image search: [Google]
shocked_dog.jpg
67KB, 298x296px
>>31502269
>Turtonator and Oranguru are more physically/specially defensive
>Drampa and Passimian are more physically/specially offensive
Damn, I can't believe it took me until today to realize this. Well played Gamefreak.
>>
I'd actually prefer it if they started making drastically different version specific pokedex rosters. Keep certain NPC's signature pokemon and certain routes or dungeons' iconic or definitive pokemon consistent between games but make anything that'd be otherwise inconsequential a variable. It'd make the difference in versions a lot more distinct and give more reason for trading than the few minor swaps we have now.
>>
I'd like a feature where when you pressed New Game it would select from a list of catchable pokémon in each route and really make that save unique
>>
>>31502269
Apart from cover legends, they rarely are significant enough to matter, and when they do matter, the tradeoff is usually hilariously lopsided in favor of one game or the other.
If the version exclusives were something more noticeable, like say, Beldum or Bagon in the first couple routes of RS, maybe I'd care. But for the most part I just don't care about either Sandshrew or Ekans in an average playthrough of anything.

Honestly, I'd suggest making the version exclusive list much, much bigger for the next game. We have almost a thousand of the fucking things now, you could fill out two almost completely different encounter lists for each route, and still have enough for a mostly unique encounter list for the third version.
Make a playthrough really, and I mean really different between the two games.
>>
>>31502359
the stunky/glameow carrying over from g4 does make more sense, and that more or less pushes the other two pairs into what you said. At the time I'd just been throwing things around in # order if there wasn't a clear pairing.
>>
>>31502455
it'd also be nice if they recalibrated stat distributions to match across exclusive pairs save one major difference each. It'd help both balance the trade incentive and make what are usually otherwise forgettable pokemon more distinct
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.