[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was S/M so good guys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

Why was S/M so good guys?
>>
it was ok
>>
define "good"
>>
File: 1483756479876.png (90KB, 188x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483756479876.png
90KB, 188x245px
it was a fine entry to the series.
I wouldn't say it's the #1 best, but it was fun to play through.
>>
>>31499709
>Comfy setting
>Really likable, chill characters
>An acceptable difficulty level
>Actually feels different to past entries in the franchise
Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37riOeCnnpQ
>>
>>31499709
It improved in every aspect X and Y did wrong.
Its not amazing, but its certainly better than 6th gen as a whole. I just wish it hadn't been rushed, imagine how much better it could've been.
>>
File: 60741445_p0.png (433KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
60741445_p0.png
433KB, 800x800px
>>31499747
>Actually feels different to past entries in the franchise
This was the most important thing honestly, it had characters that made sense and actually felt like a 21st century game, with its storytelling instead of copying the Red/Blue design for the 14th time
>>
>>31499758
It wasn't *rushed*
I think it was made obvious many times that the 3DS's capabillities held them back, what with the scrapped following pokemon, the laggy battles because of the introduction of trainer models and 2 vs 1 battles
Ohmori really wanted to innovate but the portable nature of the 3DS stopped him
>>
>>31499791
I don't know anon, there's way too much that seems left behind or ignored. The gold club, the Z-crystals with no story, ten-carat hill, the shoddy lackluster pokefinder and The "postgame" if you can even call it that.

I really like S&M, but they feel like the most "if only" games in the series content-wise, if that makes any sense. I really wanted there to be some sort of reveal that in the end of pony island there was a way to get to a 5th postgame island, not just a battle maison clone.
>>
>>31499791
that's bullshit though. There are 3DS games that look and run better and have way more content than SM in them.

No one forced them to make ridiculously high quality 3D models that can't even be appreciated on the 3DS. That was just them being incompetent/lazy
>>
>necrozma is terrible
>guzzlord is terrible

>next box legendaries are guaranteed shitmon
>>
>>31499840
There is a ton of "postgame" and the main game is amazing anyway
You are supposed to stop playing a game after 60+ hours unless you are still 12 year old in the mind and get stuck up on your favourite-game-ever
Grow up anon ;)
>>
>>31499865
>You are supposed to stop playing a game after 60+ hours unless you are still 12 year old in the mind and get stuck up on your favourite-game-ever

I know you are trolling but you really are not. Pokemon is based around playing after the main story. That's what made it popular to begin with.
>>
>>31499861

that was an investment for the future, since those assents will be used again
we are getting close to having to make 1000 3d models of fantasy monsters
>>
>>31499862
Neither of those two were box legendaries.
>>
>>31499899
>That's what made it popular to begin with.
You said it yourself pham, you compare a 2016 game with your delusional childhood memories.
As a kid I too clocked 1000 hours accross Emerald and Leaf green alone but I really don't look back at that because I realise I was a kid with no money or will to play anything other than that.
Again, grow up and get over it already
>>
>>31499927
yeah the pokemania was surely just 'delusional childhood memories'

also
>games are allowed to be average at best because it's the current year!

kys
>>
>>31499912
>that was an investment for the future, since those assents will be used again

What future? SM is already part of those assets 'future' and all we got is two generations worth of laggy battles.

As far as we all know, a 3DS sucessor isn't going to be released any soon either. The switch? We don't know if there's going to be a pokemon mainline game on it, and it's not like it's going to be that powerful a system anyways.
>>
File: 60225577_p0.jpg (606KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
60225577_p0.jpg
606KB, 1920x1080px
>>31499938
> average at best
Best games in the series phamalam, on the same level as the PMD games, sorry for your shit taste and nostalgia clouding your mind
I had a lot of fun with SM but I also play other video games
>>
>>31499969
>Best games in the series phamalam
Being the best games in a series that have been hit or miss for the last 15 years isn't that much of an achievement.

The fact is that the games could have been so much better. They come from experienced developers that have the resources to make great games.

That doesn't mean the games are bad. Just not as good as they could (easily) have been.
>>
>>31500032
>experienced developers
Well that's a lie,gen4 and 6 were some of the stalest cashgrabs I have seen in video games plagued by conservatism and incopetence.
Hopefully the new staff at GF will change the series for the best starting from S/M
>>
>>31499709
likeable characters, prettier art, decently well put character based story even if the mc is just a background prop to it.

new mons weren't all that great and lots of parts felt unfinished, i wasn't flawless. if anything it could've been a lot better, but that doesn't make it bad.
>>
Anyone who thinks S/M are better games than BW2 is a retard.
>>
>>31499709
Because it was the first new game in a while. Unlike other games, where it's all the same, this game shifted the focus. In past games, it was about exploring the world and the message was that you can do anything with your Pokemon. This time, it was more focused on the story, and instead of anything, they only let you do battles. They removed all bullshit. While that is bad for a game, it felt different and fresh, and I loved it.
>>
File: 70132651_78818953.jpg (30KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
70132651_78818953.jpg
30KB, 660x371px
>>31500138
Anyone who hasn't tried replaying any of the old shit to compare is the real retard I think
We are all adults here right?
>>
>>31499862
On Pokemon Stars Necrozma will get his own z-crystal that will make him fug-level broken
>>
>>31500179
No you're wrong. B/W2 was the peak of the series and the culmination of all the good things they learned from the 2d era. S/M had a lot of really good ideas and is a pretty fun game but is lacking the amount of fleshed out good content that those games had.
>>
>>31500212
Do you know what is special about BW2? It's the only sequel we had in the series that actually had plot (fuck that piece of shit GSC)
S/M is only one game and it already focuses on the characters and innovates just like BW, which tried to innovate too but probably failed.
>>
File: 58230001_p0_master1200.jpg (356KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
58230001_p0_master1200.jpg
356KB, 900x1200px
Instead of fixing every mistakes gen 6 did it repeated them and added more, while completely forgetting the few things that gen 6 did right, the UI, PSS, etc...
In my opinion one of the worst entry in the series, it barely has any redeemable quality
>>
>>31500262
Yes not using the PSS was a mistake and the new system broke online play, one of the few things gen6 did right
>>
>>31500289
WIch is a shame, because outside of that the online play was greatly improved, with new global link functionality and a dedicated vgc ladder, and the other formats available are fun too
>>
>>31500321
We all know GF is incompetent, I just hope that the new staff will learn.
>>
The start of the game is inexcusably shit, EASILY the worst of any pokemon game. Never have I wanted to put a pokemon game down until Sun and Moon and it's awful first Island.

It got better after that, thankfully. I think in part due to how different the experience is to past games in general with the trials, island hopping and what-not. But still, I can never see myself doing another playthrough. The first island is just that bad.
>>
>>31499899
>Pokemon is based around playing after the main story. That's what made it popular to begin with.
I'm not going to agree with the other anon, because I do think SM were a bit rushed, but what you're saying is complete bullshit too. Most people don't even care about playing after credits.
>>
>>31499709

It was above average. Too many steps backwards. Online, breeding and grinding in general were fucked up beyond all recognition
>>
It was decent, but it was in no way that good. It didn't feel that much of a pokémon game, it felt more like 'what would happen if a pokémon master went on vacation'.
>>
Sun and Moon have to best setting imo. I really liked the Southern Island TCG art growing up and I really feel like if it didn't draw influence from it directly there was some level of carry over. That being said, I didn't care so much for the story even though it was presented well. I was also slightly annoyed by frequent interruption to gameplay because of dialogue or a cutscene. It works to varying effects, but by the end its tiresome. Post game is eh. I really do like the QOL features they added like easier EV and IV training.
>>
Setting and trials should be enough. It was rather a good stand out form the series, whilst being still an average pokemon game.
>>
>>31499709
Oras was better tbqhfamalamajama.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.