[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only non-competitive player here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: Dawn.jpg (8KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn.jpg
8KB, 250x230px
>>
>>31499196
Why would you not be a competitive player? Do you not like fighting on equal terms?
>>
>/vp/
>competitive
lmao
>>
>>31499196
Nah I don't play competitively either. I have more fun playing casually but I don't dislike competitive.
>>
>>31499196
No, I'm not much of a competitive-fag either OP.
>>
Havent played against a human player since 2009

so yeah
>>
I've tried competitive and let me tell you, you aren't missing anything OP.

Actually it's better if you don't go competitive at all, gets repetitive and dull very fast imo.
>>
>dont ever play online
>sucks at battle tree but keeps attempting
>played through the game 3 times because liked the story

im even less competitive than you OP
>>
>grown men taking an unbalanced children's video game this seriously

"Competitive" Pokemon is meant only for kids to enjoy.
>>
competitive is just a math simulator

you need to remember thousands of different stats to git gud
>>
>>31499196
Not alone OP. I play just to catch em all and use my bros in game.
>>
Pokemon doesn't have much to offer these days outside of competative, unfortunately for you. It's really just the natural progression of play if you like the game. Of course you don't have to do it, but idiots coming in and asking if a pokwmon is good and then telling people that they meant in game and not competative is goofy.
>>
>>31499407
Sounds like me.

My best results on the battle areas were in HG (4 silver prints) and XY (3 trophies)
>>
>>31499196
/vp/ is almost entirely not competitive players. Hell, I'd say /vp/ is almost strictly anti-competitive. Nobody here plays and almost everyone that does is terrible.
>>
>>31499196
No
>>
File: 41705765_p0.jpg (907KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
41705765_p0.jpg
907KB, 1500x1500px
Who /playforfun/ here? I use all of my favorites, regardless of how good or shit they are. A lot of my favorites (eg. Meowstic) are absolutely terrible, but I make them work anyway.
>>
>>31499548
>Meowstic
>absolutely terrible
You have no idea.
>>
>>31499548
Right here my nigga.
>>
>>31499284
Seconding this
>>
File: 1485062232961.png (114KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1485062232961.png
114KB, 700x700px
>>31499258
>he thinks other humans exist and it isn't just ai simulating humans
>>
>>31499548
Same here. Meowstic-F is one of my favorites too.
>>
Nope. Not very competitive in any game desu.
I don't EV train or try and grind for secret stats. I just grind, usually does good against my friends. I do use bands sometimes though.
>>
File: 44988624_p0.png (254KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
44988624_p0.png
254KB, 640x1136px
>>31499555
Even those dubtrips can't deny that it's just an inferior Espeon. I love them both, but you can't really say that they're good. Prankster is nice but that's about it.
>>
>>31499548
I think the best players (competitve wise) are the ones that can take a so called shit mon and make it work well instead of doing the copy-paste team.
>>
Competitive is for normies

I'd rather play a comfy game where I go around and catch pokemon and level them up/evolve them, while ignoring the existence of other human beings
>>
>>31499441
It's easier to just set benchmarks. Like take an Access or Silvally and hit it with a move that's neutral to it and you'll get an idea of damage output.
>>
I'm a casual competitive. I like playing against other people, but I quickly get bored if I'm facing the same copy pasted team over and over.
>>
>>31499749
Unhealthy meta
>>
>>31499749
>>31499772
There are some pretty dominant pokemon, but you have no excuse for not testing out new strategies against popular strategies.
>>
>>31499196
Most of the 'competitive' players on /vp/ aren't even that competitive.

I've noticed that most of /vgcg/ treat qualifying for the world championships as an impossible dream that anybody who claims to have done must be lying, while other forums take it as a given that anybody who has taken Pokémon seriously for a few years has qualified at one point or another.
>>
>>31499749
Pretty much the reason why I left competitive in oras.

Now I just shiny hunt because I hate myself
>>
Always been somewhere in between pure-casual and pure-competitive in any game with a competitive aspect. In Pokemon, I do the best I can with my favorites, but ultimately just play for fun.

Only started EV training in Gen 6 because they're finally visible, and I'll get into Hyper Training once I get some bottle caps. But I'm not ditching my bros for some Smogon cookie-cutter OUs, and eugenics breeding or injecting/hacking is no fun at all.
>>
>>31499196
Nope. Pokemon is less suitable for competitive play than Mario Kart.
>>
>>31499633
But that never happens though.
>>
File: 60386957_p5.jpg (137KB, 637x554px) Image search: [Google]
60386957_p5.jpg
137KB, 637x554px
this thread is a lot less rude than i expected

pokemon just isnt fun for me unless im using my favorites
>>
>>31499631
>>31499548
I need to catch this nigga.
>>
>>31499631
Idk man my male meowtic managed to tank a reshiram thanks to light clay and prankster. I was so proud
>>
File: 1482902515623.jpg (73KB, 703x697px) Image search: [Google]
1482902515623.jpg
73KB, 703x697px
>>31499196
Nah I stopped playing competitive in 2013 before XY, the year I turned 18.

I battle some randoms on battle spot but not much else, I don't even play battle tree.

It's not like my life is busy though, I'm NEET atm.
>>
>>31499196
I don't play competitively either.
I just don't care about that.
>>
>>31499906
Heatah Fajita
>>
Got interested in gen 4 since the gameplay got good, there was online play and battle frontier. Only played singleplayer in gens 5 and 6 since the meta was stupid.

I've made Meta Metagross, Garchomp and Salamence for Pokémon Moon for online battles to test whether I like this gen. So far it's been disgusting with Tapus shutting down priority and status, and every Pokémon plays like an unstoppable sweeper. I'd prefer using my favourites, but it's not the players fault if GF can't balance the game
>>
>>31499196
im a shiny hunter who doesnt care about nature or IVs, so yeah.
>>
I've played competitive but I'm absolutely terrible and got bullied in showdown chat. I'm pretty much singleplayer 99% of the time now.
>>
>>31499906
Bbb-but genies are my favourite mons, no rly
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.