[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you even like shiny Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

Outside of one or two they really hold no value to me, yet people shit their pants over "muh palette swap".
>>
File: tumblr_ojybqo9LKu1vhskhfo1_540.jpg (58KB, 540x453px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojybqo9LKu1vhskhfo1_540.jpg
58KB, 540x453px
>>31497627
im about the same there isn't much Shiny that stand out better then original to me besides Azumarill,Pallosand and Aegislash
but i do love my shiny A-Marowak
>>
File: shiny mimikyu.png (35KB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
shiny mimikyu.png
35KB, 300x332px
Plenty of them look cool, except for the purple or pink ones. They just aren't colors I'm too fond of.

Game Boy-colored Mimikyu is the best one yet, IMO. I'm desperately trying to find one.
>>
File: KaWWPK5.png (119KB, 472x404px) Image search: [Google]
KaWWPK5.png
119KB, 472x404px
>>31497627
I don't care for them and I find the idea of spending hours breeding to get them kinda pointless for me. Then again, the first Shiny I ever found kinda soured my mood.

>be Gen 2
>playing Pokemon Gold
>looking for Chancey in Kanto post-game
>suddenly, wild Quagsire
>it's shiny!
>switch out to something to weaken it
>it fucking runs away
>>
>>31497627
No, most are hideous. I inject and rarely ever decide to use shinies. Only in rare cases like reunicles, whose shiny is better then the base, do I make pokemon shiny. I think too many are made without consideration of the pokemon's design and if the color scheme works.
>>
They're fun to collect and many of the alternate colors look great.
>>
I like them when I get them with a good nature.
>>
>>31497682
Except most shinies are inferior to the original color.
>>
They look nice, but you never see them in-game. I don't think I saw a single shiny in generation three, despite multiple hundreds of hours of playtime.
I saw one in generation four because of the item that gave you higher chances of seeing them.
>>
>>31497832
Never implied you couldn't be entitled to that opinion.
>>
>>31497627
I would have digged them had they just not done that generic glitter animation
>>
Not really. Some do look cool.
But 95% of them look ugly as sin and are only like because of the 'OMG SO RARE' mentality people have.
>>
>>31497873
The glitter animation is needed for wild shinies that are literally just a shade brighter/darker like garchomp and many water types that are a different shade of blue
>>
>>31497627
These days when I encounter a shiny Pokemon I go like "oh cool" and it goes straight into my box because the nature is usually ass.

Reactions like https://youtu.be/2FBNJfoOV64 are completely baffling to me
>>
>>31497903
I guess you're right. But i feel it kinda screams: "I'M INJECTED GUYS!"
>>
>>31497627
I only use dreamball shinies to trigger Verlisifags, but I don't actually like most shinies.
>>
>>31497832
not charizard
>>
>>31497923
Eh can't say I care if people think I injected shinies. They're all hatched/caught with love
>>
>>31497627
To an extent I do. Conceptually, I really like certain shinies adding great alternate colors.
Realistically, I've only ever found like 3 across my entire pokecareer (Jinx in Crystal, Ducklett in Y, and recently a Spearow in Sun).
I do take as a sign that the RNG gods want me to train said pokemon. But nowadays its just to easy for the nature not to be good, or in most of my cases hindering to what should be its better stats.
>>
>>31497832
This. There are some that aren't like >>31497941 says but the vast majority are outright worse. They all seem to be green, purple, or pink. And not even good hues of those colors, but like neon puke.
>>
>>31497941
Are shiny megas a thing?
>>
File: YNsuoKP.jpg (114KB, 483x436px) Image search: [Google]
YNsuoKP.jpg
114KB, 483x436px
>>31498033
yes
>>
>>31498044
Does shiny mega charizard look like shit?
I google'd it, but the only thing I got was DA results. And I don't trust them.
>>
File: pokemon shiny and regular zard.png (2MB, 2554x1054px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon shiny and regular zard.png
2MB, 2554x1054px
>>31497941
id rather the orange and Blue to the Black and red desu
>>31498052
y looks like regular shiny zard
X looks bad
>>
>>31498059
Yeah, figured. Thanks.

There really is no place you could go from a black skin flame theme that wouldn't look like shit otherwise.
>>
>>31498059
>>
>>31498052
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/XY/006-mx.png
http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/XY/006-my.png
>>
I never have bothered hunting for or breeding for a shiny but when I find one randomly I'm pretty excited about it
>>
I would like shinies a lot more if the colors they picked for some of them didn't seem totally arbitrary.

Stuff like Charizard, Metagross, or Bruxish you can tell they actually had a cool alternate color scheme they wanted to use, but some of them it's like they just picked colors at random or just used some paint program to shift the colors over a bit without caring how it makes the overall design look.
>>
File: 1462053494717.png (895KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
1462053494717.png
895KB, 1050x700px
>>31497627
The palette swap is the exact reason I like shinies in the first place.
>>
>>31498091
Yeah, that mega x looks awful.
>>
>>31498176
I imagine they went with green since that's associated with Dragons a lot, but God only knows why they chose that awful teal for the belly to go with it.

Though really, they should've just made Shiny Zard X have normal Charizard colors to complete the whole mirror image thing.
>>
File: 405.png (7KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
405.png
7KB, 120x120px
We all know most shinies do look terrible but which are your favourites?

Luxray is mine
>>
>>31498196
Would've been interesting if they made the Black parts of shiny Luxray become White IMO, but its definitely one of the better ones, yeah.

I quite like Tangela/Tangrowth personally. I guess I like "natural" looking shinies.
>>
>>31498189
I want to see what xzard would look like with normal charzard's color scheme. It seems like it could be pretty cool.
>>
File: charizardx_by_zezkah-d6p5hip[1].png (62KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
charizardx_by_zezkah-d6p5hip[1].png
62KB, 300x261px
>>31498231
Can find it pretty quick on google, looks pretty great IMO, but I'm not a fan of how Zard X looks in-game regardless because of how it awkwardly floats around.
>>
>>31498143
Akshually, they didn't start deliberately picking shiny colors until gen 6. In the games prior, they simply used the next colors in the color palette.
>>
>>31498196
Arcanine. I just love gold shinies. Love Luxray's for that reason, too
>>
>>31498265
Didn't know that. Some Pokemon really lucked out then, like Metagross just happening to become a metallic color.
>>
>>31498248
Yeah, still prefer Yzard. I really would've liked Xzard's design better if it had a few tweaks (the triangle wings look weird, and the shoulder spikes are a bit excessive imo).
>>
>>31498248
i wouldnt mind if this was shiny for zard X or just normal
>>
>>31498289
It feels bad knowing that bros like Heracross and Electabuzz got nigged out of good shinies.
>>
>>31497627
Sorry you have autism
>>
>>31498289
Yeah i wish more pokemon had that metalic shine like mega rayquaza
>>
I like them, and I think it's more about the effort and time you put in than anything.

that said, there are good and bad shinies, and sadly, I doubt the bad ones will ever get fixed.

also, how come they've been doing shinies manually since gen VI, but the overall shiny quality hasn't gotten better?
>>
>>31498496

I disagree
This is the first gen I which I see Shinies that look better than the normal design.
For example, Shiny Minior, Salazzle and Bruxish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwHkrN9xIf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASFgAJeI9CI
>>
>>31497665
>game boy colored mimikyu
I hatched one as a fluke and thought it was cool but not absurdly awesome. This being pointed out to me ranks him way up in my books now, though.
>>
>>31497627

Some look good.

IMO green-based shinies are at best equal to the original and almost always worse in terms of colors, though.
>>
>>31499470
Tangela is an exception
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.