[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this game so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: PokemonSun.jpg (29KB, 585x300px)
PokemonSun.jpg
29KB, 585x300px
Why was this game so hard?
>>
You fell for the turn EXP share off meme.
>>
Because the other ones are too easy. So fucking glad it's challenging. Nuzlocke will probably be a bitch though
>>
>>31496010
It wasn't
Git Gud
>>
Depends entirely on your team. Torracat makes Lurantis a lot easier than it otherwise would be, but you'd struggle more with Wishiwashi unless you had a Grass type.
>>
I did not have problems in this game. The SOS mechanic was a bitch in term of catching mons but the battles wehre pretty ok. Not too hard not too easy. The Elite four was a total disapointment. Only lost 1 mon at champ because i used it as punchingbag while applying potions.
>>
They balanced it around the Exp.Share considerably more than X/Y
>>
>>31496800
>uses healing items in battle
>'uhh it was too easy!'
>>
File: 1484119294964.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1484119294964.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>didn't use exp. share, z-crystals, or healing items, nor did I grind for levels
>still able to breeze through the game
>>
>>31496010
I turned the exp share off and didn't even get into a close situation till post game anyway. Why do people say this game is hard?
>>
the exp share, diversity of pokemon and refresh made this game easy as hell.
>>
>>31496842
Did you have it set to Shift or Set?
>>
>>31496842
Doubt it.
>>
>>31496864
Set. Only difficulty I faced up until the E4 was with Totem Gumshoos, ironically enough.
>>
>>31497044
Ah okay. Then well played
>>
i did ORAS run without exp share and grinding, using shiotmons like mightyena and hariyama - by the time i got to the league i was underleveled as fuck, 10 levels lower than e4

so this time around i decided to in fact use the exp share [had a team of mimikyu, kommo-o, decidueye, lycanroc day, golisopod and salazzle] and the game was ridiculously easy, bar salazzle everything was cappable of pretty much soloing stuff
>>
File: 1475544566442.jpg (15KB, 253x238px) Image search: [Google]
1475544566442.jpg
15KB, 253x238px
>>31496842
>lying on internet to feel superior
>>
File: samus sip.png (23KB, 595x160px)
samus sip.png
23KB, 595x160px
>>31497076
Why would I lie about not struggling with a children's game on an anonymous Taiwanese oekaki image board
>>
Where do I level up before the Elite Four?

My team is kind of shitty and i have a couple of sub 50 pokemons
>>
>>31497089
dunno senpai but you did it lmao
>>
>>31496010
I didnt feel it was hard without exp share so its probably piss easy with it and refresh efffects

Still no hard mode for some reason but i guess it would be too much for GF
>>
>>31496010
it was hard to play because of the lags
>>
>>31497171
I turned on exp share and trained up in the mountain in front of it

caught a shiny sneasel while doing it
>>
>>31497182
>It's hard for me because I'm a retard so it must be hard for you.
>>
>>31497494
OP here, you're lying. It was objectively hard. The difficulty wasn't my opinion, it's just hard without the exp. That's a fact. If you didn't find it hard you are either a shift or exp shitter and I suggest you play it the non kid friendly way and tell me it was easy.
>>
File: lying.jpg-large.jpg (27KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
lying.jpg-large.jpg
27KB, 620x372px
>>31496842
>>
>>31497591
Since Gen 6 you actually get more exp if you play on Set, though. Nowhere near as hard as it used to be.
>>
>>31497830
>>Since Gen 6 you actually get more exp if you play on Set
Is this true?
>>
>>31497863

Exp is split differently between two mons now. Before Gen 6, if it was 1000 exp for a mon, it would be 500 for each of the two participants, but now it's 1000 for each mon, it doesn't split anymore.
>>
it's an unexpected snug resulted from the new totem battles and they will "fix" it for the upcoming game
>>
>>31497863
Of course. Exp. isn't actually divided anymore. Any mon that takes part in battle gets full exp.

Meaning that whenever you make a switch, both of your mons get full exp. for the defeated mon. If you play on Switch, the switch is made before your opponent sends out their mon, so only the mon you send out gets exp.

You still have the massive advantage of a free switch, of course, I'm not saying Set is an easier mode, but the amount of exp you get kind of evens the difficulty out. It's nowhere near as hard as it used to be.
>>
>>31497830
>playing on set
why even?
>>
>>31497904
For authentic showdown experience.
>>
File: DepressedCartoonRabbit.jpg (30KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
DepressedCartoonRabbit.jpg
30KB, 600x509px
>>31496010
I only lost a battle once at the last pokemon of the champion because i didn't realize the revives were on a separate page

The whole rest of the game felt too easy.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>31497900
sure you think Whitneys Miltank was hard too
>>
>>31497924
I don't, you disgusting Nazi.
>>
>>31497920
see >>31496822
>>
File: Why though Pepe.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
Why though Pepe.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>3149793
>Don't play the game how it was intended to be played
>>
The game is a easy as hard as you want it to be. My first run on Sun I chose my team from the start and had a hard time on several battles, and was massively underleveled for E4 and all the postgame battles
Now I'm replaying Moon with the rule of every Pokemon I don't have that I find an opportunity to catch, trade, etc. I have to add to my team and replace for the oldest member. And it's damn easy so far, given that the game provides you specific mons to catch on each route to overcome the trials
>Trade Spearow for Machop for before Normal trial
>Flying types (and earlier, fucking ghost types) before Hala
>Trade Lillipup for Bounsweet before Water trial
>Grubbin before Water trial
>Cubone before Fire trial
>>
>>31497591
I play with no exp share and with set option. It was easy. Had no problemas during the game, not even with totems. I expected something different when people said it was harder than previous games. Yes, looks harder than gen 6 games, they were embarrassingly easy, but it's not any harder than other gens.
In fact, it's not hard at all. It's a fucking pokemon game. So tell me what is this non kid friendly way.
>>
>>31496010
the game is hard?
the only challenge was poni island black midget
the rest of it i played unconsciously
>>
>>31496010
Only things I had trouble with was Mimikyu and Kahili.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.