[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good natures for Tapu Bulu and Fini?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tapu_bulu.png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapu_bulu.png
122KB, 500x500px
What are some good natures for Tapu Bulu and Fini?
>>
bashful
>>
>>31494073
Jolly for Scarf Bulu

Adamant for everything else.
>>
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tapu_bulu/
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/tapu_fini/
>>
File: 1484937557447.png (132KB, 367x308px) Image search: [Google]
1484937557447.png
132KB, 367x308px
>>31494095
>inb4 "smogon is shit"
>>
>>31494073
For Bulu, Adamant is the way to go pretty much all the time, unless you're one of those people who wants to have a fast Tapu Bulu or something. If you ARE one of those people, then Jolly is the the one you're looking for. But Adamant is really the best for Bulu.

For Tapu Fini, it depends on whether or not you want it to be physically or specially defensive. Bold for physical, Calm for special. You could also be one of those guys who runs a calm mind set on Tapu Fini, but come on, man. Don't be that guy.
>>
>>31494121
ok then, I was working to complete the pokedex and I got a Koko with a naughty nature and Lele with a quiet nature, and then I thought I should take my time with the tapus if I wanna try competitve.
>>
>>31494121
>You could also be one of those guys who runs a calm mind set on Tapu Fini, but come on, man. Don't be that guy.
top 4 at athens.
what's wrong with being that guy?
>>
you can run a careful nature on bulu with bulk up/horn leech/stone edge/leech seed
>>
>>31494442
you CAN also run bashful.
why the fuck would you?

also
>>31494199
>what's wrong with being that guy?
still waiting.
>>
>>31494499
lmao you're retarded
careful gives it the best special bulk to couple with the def boosting of bulk up, leech seed+leftovers+grass terrain healing give it stupid amounts of passive healing, not to mention horn leech being boosted by both grassy terrain and bulk up boosts, with stone edge to round it off as the best coverage option to pair with horn leech. if you're that hard pressed you can skip seeds for another coverage move
>>
>>31494172
>I got a Koko with a naughty nature and Lele with a quiet nature

I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>31494199
>>31494499
Okay double quads greek. CM Fini is poor play
>>
>>31494614
>CM Fini is poor play
yeah but why?

you're not the first person I've seen to say that, and I honestly don't understand it.
I'm not trolling- I honestly don't understand, and would like to. If you'd point me in the right direction to find out, that'd be amazing..

Also- dude top 4'd at athens with it. Only lost to SunBro.
>>
>>31494739
not that guy, but it's just kind of mediocre because it's not particularly strong or fast, and doesn't get any good forms of recovery. It does, however, block status which is a nice little bonus if you can baton pass a bunch of boosts to it, and makes it a decent support mon despite its other flaws
>>
>>31494792
I'd argue that it depends entirely on the format.
In singles, for example, I agree with you 100%.
But in the current stinted vcg metagame... Again, a fucker got to top 4 at a regionals with it. So it can't be THAT bad.
>>
>>31495064
yeah i don't really play anything but singles, so that's where my knowledge and experience are coming from.
IDK what it really does in doubles, obviously the terrain support is nice for a set up sweeper or wall in general, but what exactly does it do itself? I saw the one dude evo-boost pass into it and sweep generally which was pretty cool, it's a good choice for that due to the extreme bulk, but I feel like something with a healing move and maybe more offensive presence would have done better
>>
>>31495116
I understand anon. I used to be the same way (only cared about / played singles) but this year I've finally got an IRL friend who also knows competitive pokemon, but he only is interested in vgc. He's actually willing to give me rides to regionals and is springing for hotels and shit too, so guess who cares about vgc this year lol.

Anyway- Mainly that it's part of the AFK (arcanine, tapu fini, kartana) core that is fucking up everywhere at the moment.
Fire/Water/Grass is a fantastic synergistic combination.
I've actually been running Marowak/Fini/Kartana on my team, which I feel is even better (Ghost/Fair/Steel trio in the same three as F/W/G) and i'd been trying out Enosh's calm mind fini; which is why I've asked in this thread a few times why people think it's a bad set.
It's.... definitely weird. Everyone is right about the lack of reliable recovery fucking it over- sometimes a neutral switch in that gets it below yellow just ends it right there- but it is a weirdly amazing wincon on its own right, which I wasn't really expecting. Also there's a lot it can set up on in the current vgc meta (quite a few things that can't even touch it) so I've gotten to +4 many times now, sent out marowak to eat lightning attacks, and then rape face cause nothing but opposing kartana can touch it (and half my team can take kartana anyway cause it's everywhere right now).
I'm still unsold on it. I think it can probably perform really well if I learn it well enough to be able to know/recognize/play around any of its weaknesses, but I'm not sure if it's worth it, because of aforementioned problems.

Sorry, long post is long.
As I said, I've been persistent about asking why it's bad cause i saw a lot of it in this thread, and that hit close to home for me at the moment. ;p
>>
>>31495204
they're probably all singles players, and it just doesn't hold up as well as other CM'ers. Honestly if it weren't for the terrain there'd be no upside I could see to it. Even in doubles I would think there would be something better to use, but VGC is pretty limited in what is available so maybe there just isn't as much competition to fill that role.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.