[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else like what pokemon could been instead of what it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2vLv0.jpg (476KB, 1410x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2vLv0.jpg
476KB, 1410x1600px
Trying this thread again because I had to leave and didn't get to reply

Ever since the series started I just always seemed to like what it could be instead of what it actually was.

I loved majority of the monster designs and the battles; but I hated the trainer, collecting and capturing aspect.

I wanted was a monster hero journey instead of what we got.
Truth be told, Digimon Xros or the Mystery dungeon special was honestly what I wanted from beginning from both Pokemon and Digimon.

A rowdy monster hero rallying allies while trying to defeat some big bad baddies and restoring peace to a broken world.
>>
autism
>>
Go write a fanfic if it bothers your autism that much.
>>
>>31493597
I think it's fine as is. I do enjoy PMD as the pokemon are my absolute favorite part of the series. I never really cared about the humans too much.

As shit as it was I think the story of XY had an interesting idea in an ancient war and ultimate weapon. Both were nothing but wasted potential but still. SM did the same thing with ultra space, cool concept with little to no real relevance to the main story or gameplay. At the least I did find SM's pokemon and characters stronger then XY's at least.
>>
>>31493848
That's what I saying man, they have all of these concepts but nothing is ever elaborated on or anything.

Aside from the manga, the humans don't seem to add anything, the world is too structured. There is no actual danger in comparison to other rpgs.
>>
>>31493597
>A rowdy monster hero rallying allies while trying to defeat some big bad baddies and restoring peace to a broken world.
Oh my god that sounds terrible.

>>31494450
>There is no actual danger in comparison to other rpgs.
...which is fine. Not every game has to be some epic, edgy thing. There's nothing wrong with a more down-to-earth (relatively speaking) concept about a normal-ish kid in a normal-ish world, just trying to be the best at something. Personally, I like it better this way.
>>
>>31493792
EZENECA
>>
>>31494497
>down-to-earth (relatively speaking) concept about a normal-ish kid in a normal-ish world,
teleporters
celestial beings
genetic manipulation
hover vehicles
psychics
all of the flavor texts from the pokedex

Common man. Don't delude yourself, it just seems lazy at this point, they have all the build up and do nothing with it.

I don't know how old you are, but back when it started almost everything on tv was "down to earth"

In 1996-1998 there was a severe hero drought, and many of the cool shows ended; it got so bad kids were saying how cool rugrats were. Back then we couldn't access anime as easily or old content.
>>
Damn that Carnivine is 10/10.

>ywn work at the daycare and watch as that tauros breeds that miltank
>>
>>31494597
>I don't know how old you are, but back when it started almost everything on tv was "down to earth"

I'm almost certainly older than you. (Embarrassingly old to be here, so I won't give my exact age, but suffice it to say I remember the mid-90s very well.)

And slightly advanced technology aside, I do still consider this "relatively down-to-earth," compared with what you're looking for. You seem to want some sort of post-apocalyptic type of thing. That's fine for some games, but to me one of the fun things about Pokemon has always been that it takes place in a relatively realistic world. It's a variation on our own world, but something still very recognizable.
>>
>>31494643
Post apcotolypic?
No way, those ones are depressing, I was thinking something closer to the mario rpgs . More cartoonish, than anything.

Also what's so bad about a rowdy hero?
>>
>>31494643

Oh shut the fuck up. I'm 30, this place is a shithole, and you know damn well why you keep coming back.
>>
>>31493597
>that Tauros
A-Anon please, I can only get so wet.
>>
>>31495504
Male gijinkas are the best gijinkas. Too bad they're so rare.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.