[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z-moves or megas?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Z-moves or megas?
>>
neither tb.qh familia
>>
¿por que no los dos?
>>
>>31493057
Megas pls.
>>
Megas should've just been permanent evolutions, with all the in-universe narrative attatched.

Evolve Charmeleon holding Charizardite X to evolve to Mega Charizard X instead of a normal Charizard, for example, only boost the base stats by 50 or so instead.

Z moves are just an excuse for typical Jrpg cinematic BS and add nothing.
>>
Both

Z moves are blessing for pokemon like eevee and i love mega gyrados
>>
Megas
>>
Now that they both exist within the meta, I feel like they help to balance each other out. Otherwise for the most part Z-Move are just super powerful moves.
>>
>>31493057
Both if done right
>>
>>31493093
But then why would you ever evolve them into the normal versions?

And what about single stage Megas?
>>
>>31493064
>I don't like variety
>>
>>31493057
What if in the future they turn the exclusive Z crystals into hybrid mega stones?
>>
File: 1447130616112.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447130616112.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>31493093
>I want a metagame of stall where everyone uses eviolite
>>
can we get mega z-moves next
>>
Both are cool. That said, I hope they don't make a habit of adding new super gimmicks every gen.
>>
>>31493093
>Z moves add nothing.

t.sub 1200
>>
>>31493190
>Special physical split
>Hidden abilities
>Mega evolution
>Z-moves
It's been a habit since gen 4
>>
>>31493217
i wouldnt call the first two "super" gimmicks. Also I'm confused why you didn't include gen 3, abilities are very significant (although still not super gimmicks)
>>
Megas tbqh
>>
>>31493143
>Didn't even read the post
>>
>>31493057
M-Sharpedo just fucking flies/floats in the air
>>
>>31493093
No, fuck you. I like Swampert. I like the Mega, but not as much as Swampert. Mega Evolution allows me to make Swampert strong, but it stays the same. That's a fucking great idea.
>>
>>31493057
Megas.
>>
Mega Evolution was (mostly) fine, in that it made a bunch of irrelevant old Pokemon at least usable. A few of them are a bit too powrful and Mega Salamence had no business existing, though.
>>
>>31493057
Preferably neither
But Z-moves are more balanced and fun relatively speaking
>>
DO people even like z-moves? I work at a store that sells all that crap and literally not a single kid cares about the Z-ring and actually like the Yokai Watch more while they love anything about megas.
>>
>>31495027
Children don't want to do a stupid, ridiculous dance.
>>
That's a movie it looks so shitty
>>
>>31493264
Plus gen 2 added breeding and genders, and gen 1 added Pokémon
>>
>>31493057
Mega, easily.
Z-moves are just a watered down version of flashy ultimate attacks, which kinda makes them worthless.

Note that I'm not talking about competitive viability, just how they were done in-game.
>>
>>31494906
This is the reason I prefer Megas over cross gen evolutions. I mean Gallade and Froslass are great since they are split and don't undermine Glalie and Gardevoir existence.

But shit like Rhyperior Tangrowth and Weavile made their base forms obsolete in usage and only a stage that is barely exploited ingame die to GF terrible handling of their evolution items or requirements.

Don't get me wrong, CB Rhyperior, AV tangrowth and CB Weavile where amazing in OU last gen, especially Weavile at fucking pseudo stall and Rhyperior at fucking Clefable TWaves, but when compared to how the Mega Pokémon makes you carry the base form in your team and even worry if it can switch in on a target (BST change, Ability change or even type change) plays the strengths and weaknesses of the base Pokémon without fucking with the original design.

Megas don't destroy the original design, they give you a choice to make use of the mega and that's why they are better than crossgen evolutions at least execution wise.
>>
File: 1485063918184.jpg (4KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
1485063918184.jpg
4KB, 237x212px
>>31493093
>Z moves do nothing
>>
File: best.jpg (47KB, 342x599px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
47KB, 342x599px
>>31493057
Listen, if they actually gave some old mons regular evolutions, then I would like megas more. but since they don't want to do that I'll go with Z moves.

Megas should only be given to pokemon that have at least one evolution. Once they give a mega to a non-evo, that means it will never get a regular evolution, and that sucks.
>>
Can you Bestow a Z-crystal to a mega?
>>
I thought Z-Moves would be a gimmick, but in practice they're actually a bit more creative than Megas.
>>
>>31493057
>that levitating sharpedo
>>
>>31495222
>Once they give a mega to a non-evo, that means it will never get a regular evolution, and that sucks.
I mean, it's not getting an evolution either way. People had been hoping for Pokemon like Pinsir and Kanga to get something since Gen 1. If Megas hadn't come around, they'd have never gotten anything.
>>
>>31495222
They're not doing cross-gen evolutions any more, regardless of megas. Accept that.
>>
>>31495284
>>31495266
I accept it, but I still don't like it.
>>
>>31495262
How do you figure? I'm legitimately curious.
>>
>>31495327

I thought Z-Moves were just going to be "I hit you really hard" but in practice it can be better used for lures, coverage, making up for non-existent STAB (ie: Dragonite) and one-time stat boosts.
>>
I wish Knock Off worked on Mega Stones and Z-Crystals. I hate using it on Switch Ins, knowing nothing will happen, and knowing I can't do shit about it.
>>
>>31495369
It's rather cliche but I do really fucking love having that one massive nuke to really fuck over an annoying bulkmon.
>>
Z-moves because everyone can use them
>>
>>31495071
>Children don't want to do a stupid, ridiculous dance.
i agree the dance is dumb but kids do a lot of dumb things, like powering up dbz style
nevertheless pokemon probably isn't 'cool' to most kids like dbz, i wonder if there's an audience for it in japan though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uB46vIyg10
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.