[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Game did which feature best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Gen 5 dowsing machine.png (34KB, 375x582px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 5 dowsing machine.png
34KB, 375x582px
In this thread: We document a feature of the main series games and what Generation or game they were best executed in.

I'll start, Gen 5 had the best dowsing machine; it didn't require that 2 hands and it was very accurate.

Gen 6's dowsing machine was Garbo-tier and so was the itemfinder (more so than the aforementioned) .
Stoutland search was kind of a pain too.
>>
>>31487275
HM's in gen 5

Only one was required in BW in the 3rd town. Other than that it's just for exploring or shortcuts
>>
checking IVs in gen 7, so fucking convenient
>>
>>31487275
HGSS was the best at fighting trainers in rematches

I still miss it ;_:
>>
HGSS did running shoes well. Toggle-run is so useful.
>>
>>31487275
Gen 6: best boxes

This isn't even up for discussion.
>>
>>31487275
Gen 6 chaning through Dex Nav
>>
>>31487377
Really? You had Vs.Seeker in Sinnoh were you had to recharge the device with steps and basically battle trainers on demand.

With HGSS you needed to call at a certain date meaning you would possibly have to change the date on your DS to battle a certain trainer.

I think HGSS was a little more inconvenient.
>>
>>31487377
I like it, it makes the world feel alive. But the phone is a pain in the ass to use efficiently compared to Vs seeker.
>>
Gen 5 had the best battle screen imo
>>
>>31487377
If we are talking GYM leader rematches HGSS did it the best.
Whilst in platinum you could only battle a Gym leader once per day and you couldn't decide what GYM leader would show up.
>>
>>31487275
My favorite music is gen 7's, just judging from the common music that you have to constantly hear rather than the catchy but rare themes like Gladion's theme. It has great route and battle music, and probably one of the comfiest Pokemon Center themes.
>>31487417
I think SM did better boxes because it didn't have the useless "deposit" and "take out" commands. Also had a move convenient item search and built the professor contact function into the Pokedex rather than the PC.
>>
>>31487456
Fact.
>>
>>31487443
>>31487431
Half the time the VS. Seeker wouldn't find a rematch and you'd have to charge it up again.

RS had the best rematch system because they essentially just recharged over time.
>>
>>31487405
I agree with that so much, not having to press b was useful.
>>
>>31487275
Best rewards would be BW2, they have two shinies for completing the regional dex and the battle tower/tree.
>>
>>31487472
I never felt like it was a problem in FRLG, don't remember how it was in D/P/Pt
>>
>>31487472
>RS had the best system

You're joking right?
>>
>>31487545
>no annoying calls
>no running about only to get nothing
>Just check trainers eyes and go
Are you?
>>
>>31487456
Plus those sounds are always in my head
>>
File: image.png (99KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99KB, 320x240px
>>31487456
>best battle screen
>not cockpit UI
>>
>>31487789
Which game is that? I played X&Y at launch but that's it for gen 6.
>>
>>31487908
It is XY. you can change the bottom screen in the options menu
>>
>>31487908
It's XY, but you could reskin your lower screen to customise it to look how you wanted. That's just one of the options.
>>
I liked the Dowsing Machine in 6 and 5 the most, they work the same, just different visuals, I personally like XY's sticks a lot but the antennae in ORAS blew, BW's touch screen one is in the middle. Gen 7's Stoutland is the worst, it's so slow. Or Gen 1's, at least Gen 2 and 3 you can register it so you don't have to jump into the menu every time. The DPPt and HGSS ones are okay.

Best rematches is whatever has VS Seeker. Trainer's Eye is second place, Pokegear is worst.
>>
I really liked how Gen 5 and Gen 6 menus had an escape function just by pressing X. Sad that it didn't carry over into Sun/Moon.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.