[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This used to be the stuff...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 15

File: OS-E018.jpg (26KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
OS-E018.jpg
26KB, 500x375px
I'm n genwunner, don't get me wrong, but what happened to this?
The original classic pokemon had a sharp grungy sense of adventure that the entire series was enriched from.

Look at that art, look at that fucking art. You can feel the wonder coming off the page, the adventure. Even if you didn't follow the series you could read clearly that these are characters with history and shits going to go down.

Ash was this scrappy no-nonsense kid scruffing about with his two pals on the greatest camping trip known to man.

Misty was a classic bickering everygirl, a classic 90s trope that enchanted plenty of old movie plots.

Pokemon episodes used to mean something, they used to play these episodes at schools. Now everything is some overcomplicated emulation of modern anime

When I drive by the playgrounds I used to run around in, I get a similar feeling that I did watching the older pokemon episodes

I can rewatch that clip where Ash releases Buterfree over and over, it's just got beautiful direction and writing.

The pokemon anime wasn't just one of the greater animes, it was a staple of animation as well as children's mystery and exploration series.
That classic, crisp, golden formula of Ash, Brock, and Misty were up there with the likes of the Sandlot and the Goonies. They were a believable group of young friends

They honestly should have let the series end, skipped ahead to Ash being an adult or something, I was genuinely interested in this character's life at one point. He's like an old friend

"Hey hows that guy Ash doing?" I could picture people asking

I'd like to imagine the original trio coming back together and reigniting their friendship over a beer and laughing over childish mishaps that they're all the wiser to now.

Really the series would absolutely benefit from forgetting everything after the Johto season and bringing back Brock and Misty to pall around with their old buddy.

It was a golden formula
>>
>>31484546
>You can feel the wonder coming off the page, the adventure.
I can feel Misty's torso failing to maintain her head due to know skinny she is.

>Misty was a classic bickering everygirl, a classic 90s trope that enchanted plenty of old movie plots.
Interesting. Iris was the same yet she was hated.

The only good thing about season 1 was that it didn't try too hard to keep true to the games, which made it more unpredictable and interesting.

People who meme "huurr durr the horn XD" are the cancer that killed the anime.
>>
>>31484576
I agree wholeheartedly at that end part. The pokemon anime was better as this psuedo-urban wilderness with its own interpretation of the rules

I sat through an episode of the unova season and one of the characters outright refers to physical strength as "Attack"
They really arent trying to appeal to any actual children and thats a deadly move
>>
Yes, but nintendo wanted more money
>>
>>31484546
good interpretation, OP.
the original series was very good, really funny and captivating. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that as a child.
>>
Later seasons are comparatively soulless
>>
>>31484546
Ash is a completely different person now. Too fucking mature.
>>
>>31484546
>When I drive by the playgrounds I used to run around in, I get a similar feeling that I did watching the older pokemon episodes
This proves you're wearing nostalgia goggles.

Don't get me wrong, the new anime is trash. In fact the entire Ashnime went to shit after Johto, but even then the original is MASSIVELY overrated. It's objectively mediocre even at its classic best.
>>
>>31485145
But that's kind of the point isn't it? Kids today aren't nearly as enchanted by the new series as they would be by the old series, and that's already considering the waning interest in cartoons
>>
>>31484576
Anime had its own physics, to be honest.

Even if the horn ignored Rhydon's immunity, Brock's explanation was random stuff that tried to sound science-y. Lightning rod are supposed to redirect lightning into the ground, making it harmless.
>>
>>31485105
>Too fucking mature
>What is SM Ash
>>
>>31484576
>Interesting. Iris was the same yet she was hated.
What? Iris was just a fucking kid with an ego, but no skills, and looked down on others for no real reason. All the time. And she had an extremely annoying "catchphrase". I remember no 90s tropes like that.
>>
I think it's a product of the time in which the anime was made.

It was full of 90's tropes because it was the 90's. Pokemon, while a global phenomenon for sure, was a relatively new franchise. It wasn't bogged down by twenty years of precedent and advertising. I would bet that the anime then was viewed as a partner to the games whereas now it really is a commercial for a whole family of games and toys.

Also, dude, we're not kids anymore. That wildness, that ability to fill in the sparse details with wonder tends to harden, just like our arteries.

Doctors orders: Take some shrooms, draw pictures of fakemons like you used to do, go for a walk outside (natural settings are good and probably safer until you're coming down), and then watch Spirited Away or something.
>>
>>31484546
you have grow up, face it
>>
>>31484546
>Look at that art, look at that fucking art. You can feel the wonder coming off the page, the adventure.
no I don't. That's just you feeling nostalgic.
>>
>>31484546
>calls himself a genwunner
>doesn't use the japanese names
kekasaurus
>>
File: 1446094511274.png (84KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1446094511274.png
84KB, 440x440px
>>31485492
>but no skills
Being able to battle against Ash's Charizard makes Iris more skilled than Misty.

>looked down on others for no real reason
>And she had an extremely annoying "catchphrase"
>Ash does something stupid
>you're such a kid Ash XD

*TRIGGERED*
>>
>>31485105
>Too fucking mature.

have you forgotten his retarded ass Nimbasa City Gym experience?

that dude acted like a complete amateur despite going to every fucking gym and beating it in 4 regions before coming to Unova. Imagine being that fucking retarded and mentally stunted.
>>
If nothing else I preferred the way the original series handled its humor, but I think the loss of that has more to do with the franchise becoming a worldwide phenomenon than anything. We all know OS had a bunch of episodes they had to censor because American parents wouldn't like them.

>>31484576
I think the whole Misty vs Iris thing is that Ash and Misty in OS were both bratty but ultimately good kids so it was endearing and funny to see them not get along and snark at each other (with Brock siding with either one at various times).

Iris might've worked as a funny know-it-all friend but there was no real banter most of the time and Ash seemed to either be passive or just kinda went "grr" so it just came off as her being a bully.
>>
>>31485991
Theres an imbalance for sure, remember the episode where they first encounter Sabrina and Ash is a bit more cruel than Misty is during the argument?
My guess is now rather than be an example of a child he's a rolemodel for children?
Do kids even enjoy that?
>>
I remember going back and watching every previous league finale leading up to the current season's, and of course I started with the OS.

For some reason it was fucking awful. Like, my god, it was BAD. Does anyone else feel that way or did I just forget to put my nostalgia goggles on? is it just the league? I remember the rest of the season being great but now I'm afraid to rewatch it if it's going to fall apart for me as badly as the league did.
>>
Last year I decided I would binge watch every episode of the Pokemon Anime because I am a masochist
I got to around 450 but had to stop because the Battle Frontier dub made me want to kill myself
So after approximately 157 hours of nonstop Pokemon I can say
AB>2nd Half of OS>A>AC>MQ>JLG>average Saturday cartoon>J>OI>1st half of OS>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Battle Frontier
>>
>>31486026
IIRC the Sabrina episode was setting up Ash acting reckless like he usually does so kids watching it would probably pick up on the fact that Ash was in the wrong for acting that way, especially after you see that his actions end up putting all their lives in danger. Usually when Ash was doing something dumb the show would point it out in some way.

Also Ash becoming a bland goody kid is probably so they can avoid controversy more than what they think would make for an entertaining show. I mean, they won't even put Porygon in the show and almost never use any moves similar to Earthquake. Okay the former I kinda get since the seizures thing was specifically something caused by the Pokemon cartoon, but the latter is just silly.

>>31486027
People who say the early leagues were great definitely have nostalgia goggles on IMO. The animation was hilariously bad (obviously at the time it was fine but there's no reason to defend that now).

Some of the league battles can be enjoyable but that's in spite of the animation and not because of it. Ash vs Gary, for example, is something you enjoy because they build up the rivalry of the characters in various episodes and it's something the show kinda teases you with since the first episode. The battle itself was pretty shitty since like half the match was OHKOs.
>>
>>31486140
Watched some interviews with the original cast, they're really nice decent people and all of them have been made more than aware of the dub errors due to autistic mail spam
>>
>>31486167
>>31486167
I've never been able to enjoy a pokemon league. Nothing means anything in these battles

In battles of most other contexts, you can tell after a battle who won and why. In pokemon they like to have both characters stand completely healthy only for one to completely lose conciousness.
There are a few instances where this was actually entertaining, but fire doesn't have a buffer period where you stand completely unfazed and fall over.
>>
File: Victreebel Wallpaper.png (67KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Victreebel Wallpaper.png
67KB, 1920x1080px
I work with kids ages 5-12 in a group home. Two of their favorite things to do are watch Pokemon on Netflix and try to kill each other over Pokemon cards. I have noticed a trend that the VAST majoriy likes to watch the Indigo League season the most. They've seen episodes from every season and insist on watching "the episode where ash rides a rapidash" the most or "GHOST OF MAIDENS PEAK!" or "the one where they get shipwrecked and the pokemon talk". The list goes on.

The fact is the original series while seen as mediocre by a seasoned anime fan is considered the most consistently good and memorable to its target audience. That makes it good.

Fuck Richie though.
>>
>>31486291
That's what they get for deciding to make the anime for lonely weebs and not children during later seasons

The anime should always be directed at kids
>>
>>31486291
I don't know what it is about OS, something about the way the show did its filler stories made it more memorable.

I'm betting more kids who grew up with OS are going to remember the Rapidash race episode than the ones who are growing up on the current show will remember, say, that Noibat racing episode.
>>
>>31486370
There isn't half as much filler either. Season one has about eighty episodes but they cover the entirety of the Gyms and the League and still manage to tie it into the movie. Compare with season four which is fucking horrible, about six episodes out of forty-odd worth watching. I appreciate season four had some unusual circumstances that affected it but holy shit.
>>
>>31486291
>"GHOST OF MAIDENS PEAK!"

Kids have great taste in Rocketshipping episodes then. Based Kids.

but that aside, that was a good episode in all seriousness though.
>>
>"Magmar! Magmar!"
>"Whoa, what kind of Pokemon is that?"
>"Magmar: The Spitfire Pokemon. When it’s tired, it leaps into the mouth of a volcano and soaks its body in magma to ease its weariness. Its body burns at 2,192 degrees F."
>"Magmar, huh?"
>"Careful, Ash, it's a Magmar. I hear that it's body burns up to 2,192 degrees F!"
>"Woah, what??"
>>
>>31484576
>Iris
Misty and Ash played off really well on each other because they were both little shits

Iris was like you're such a kid and Ash didn't do anything, he didn't insult her or prove she was wrong.

Ash and Misty had banter. Iris just insulted a well meaning kid who hadn't done much wrong, morally at least
>>
>>31487413
>"Magmar!"
>>
Can't you ashimefags go discuss this show in your general instead of killing a thread for this trash?
>>
>>31487535
Fuck of you piece of shit. No one cares what you think, and your wife says hi.

–Ash Ketchum
>>
>>31485885
>have you forgotten his retarded ass Nimbasa City Gym experience?
What happened? I never bothered with BW.
>>
>>31487535
To be fair anybody who pokes their head into the anime thread for 5 seconds will see why nobody who actually wants to talk the anime goes there. Anytime they're not doing shipping circlejerks they get triggered at any opinion that's not their own and report/memespam at people.

I don't even know why they made their thread a 24/7 one to begin with, there's only so much you can say about a show this simple.
>>
>>31487294
The anime was originally intended to just last a year. Kanto was written as a show rather than something that would go on forever, hence why it seemed like it was going somewhere.

Once Johto started they knew the anime would go on for years, hence why Johto was filled with filler and by that point all the clever writing of Kanto and slapstick comedy and such pretty much vanished.
>>
Johto was the worst mistake ever. They should have dropped Ash and had a whole new cast.

New=Fresh=Better
Old=Stale=Worse

Exceptions do not disprove this abstraction.
>>
>>31490158
Truth
>>
>>31484546
>I'm n genwunner
Stopped reading here.
>>
>>31490190
That's pretty clearly a "no"
>>
>>31487294
What were the circumstances?
>>
>>31487739
Not him, but the shitposting in /padt/ is pretty annoying, I agree. I still go there, though, because it's the only place on the web where I can have a decent discussion about the anime at least some of the time and get news on upcoming episodes and such.

When Lilliefags and Aureliafags (whatever they call the Ash/Lillie shippers) and other waifu/shipperfags aren't going all-out —and when there isn't any other shitposting going on — it's actually a really comfy place. Amourfags started a weekly thread, so they aren't posting as much in /padt/ anymore even though Amour was basically confirmed canon by the anime staff.

People may give you shit for holding a different opinion than them, but guess what, welcome to 4chan. Either ignore them or have a discussion with them about why you think they're wrong.

>>31487294
Johto was fucking unbearable at times. It was like this filler death march. Some of those fillers were actually pretty cool though (like the Wobbuffet filler).
>>
>>31484546
Have you actually watched this recently?
I tried. It's shit. It's very clearly children's programming. I'm almost entirely convinced that any enjoyment I get from watching it is just due to my love of Pokemon in general.
>>
>>31487739
>I don't even know why they made their thread a 24/7 one to begin with, there's only so much you can say about a show this simple.
They made a general in part because they didn't really have a choice but to do that. Shitposters started bitching about multiple anime-related threads being in the catalog, and eventually a mod stepped in and said something to the effect "either make your thread into a general, or only make new threads right before episodes air," and in the end it was decided that it would become a general.

The problem is that SM has gotten off to a pretty slow start, so there isn't all that much to talk about just yet. A lot of what fills the discussion void is waifufagging and such.

>>31490438
I mainly watch it now because I just like seeing battles animated and seeing writers' takes on how certain game characters behave and talk and such. Of course the quality of writing in the anime is predictably lazy, and its treatment of characters often deviates wildly from the games' treatment, but I still find it fun to watch it for the above reasons.

Basically, yeah, I enjoy it because I like Pokemon, not because it's a particularly good show (it's just an overglorified marketing tool with some semblance of a plot/story).
>>
>>31490438
Is this sub or dub? I haven't watched SuMo's anime yet, but X&Y subbed isn't perfect by any means, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. (And also features the best opening in the series (Ikuze), eat your heart out OS dub opening.)
>>
>>31490520
This is an important point. People who watch it dubbed starting late in the AG series might as well be pouring battery acid into their ears due to bad voice-acting, cringeworthy added puns, the inexcusable replacement of the OST, and some of the animation changes.

The Japanese version is really the only way to go from late AG onward, but good luck finding decent English subtitles for a lot of late AG and early DP episodes. The only seasons that have been fully subbed are BW (which was shit) and XY(&Z), which many people often place alongside DP as the best season even after accounting for BURASTO BAAN.
>>
File: NEVER FORGET.jpg (1MB, 3476x2880px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER FORGET.jpg
1MB, 3476x2880px
>>31487672
>he hasn't seen this
THIS is what they did to him in BW.

The "he's too mature" comment was probably referring to how he is DP and XY. In those two series, he's a very strong trainer who actually knows what he's doing. In BW, they took his DP personality and inexplicably turned the clock back by two full seasons. The result was the shittiest Pokemon season of them all, which they mostly made up for by making him strong again in XY and XY&Z.
>>
The show was never good, but OS is the only time it did its job and appealed to more than a few sheltered nerds
>>
File: Turnbasedstrategy.png (1001KB, 651x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Turnbasedstrategy.png
1001KB, 651x1079px
>>31490636
I don't know why, but these three panels killed me.
>>
File: 1345228714818.jpg (317KB, 1199x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1345228714818.jpg
317KB, 1199x1200px
>>31484546
The Pokemon anime was always shit and you were too young at the time to realize it.

Anything you hold dear about this series has everything to do with rose tinted nostalgia glasses and practically everything you said was pretty much pulled out of your own ass.

Everything about this screams genwun as fuck.
>>
File: 1474771377271.jpg (913KB, 1493x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1474771377271.jpg
913KB, 1493x1044px
>>31484546
>I'm n genwunner, don't get me wrong, but what happened to this?
>The original classic pokemon had a sharp grungy sense of adventure that the entire series was enriched from.
If this picture doesn't have the sense of adventure, I don't know what is this "sense of adventure".
>>
>>31485825
You know, Iris started with some potential as a character, but she ended to be a crybaby without any capacity to control any of her Pokémon instead of Axew.

Of course, most of this is because bad writing, since they shouldn't have given her any Pokémon that's not a Dragon, as she really wanted to be a Dragon Master or something.
>>
>>31493444
>Literally all of the mystery flying in front of you
there is no art to it, real calls to adventure are vague and foreboding
>>
>>31490386
At this point I'm pretty fucking convinced it's the people that keep sperging about how that general "only circklejerk spam and report each other" are the exact people that sit there all day shitting it up in the first place.
>>
>>31484546
>anime

There's your problem
>>
>>31484576
>wanting the anime to reflect the game is cancer
kys
>>
What if we made our own?

A fan-made series on how to do a Pokemon Journey right?
>>
>>31494604
Like Manifest Heart?
>>
>>31494264
You too?
>>
>>31484576
Go be fat somewhere else.
>>
File: whitney_shopping.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
whitney_shopping.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>31484546
Old Pokemon was good for character, shit for battles.

I heard a lot of the "good" writers left after the Eevee episode and the rest were just writers trying to pick up the pieces. Johto got pretty stale because it got into power creep territory with Ash keeping his aces to the next region for the most part and later it just became a cavalcade of filler. Some good, some...not so much.

Hoenn tried to give the girl lead something to do than just hang around the lead, because let's face it Misty was handled like shit. She was okay up until Togepi and even after she got rid of it she just became Little Miss Mommy-in-Training with a Marill later. Every female character that followed her seemed like some kind of act of contrition. May at least had a goal of her own but had easier victories. Dawn had losses and struggles with FAR more weight so it's like her contests were like a glorified B-plot to Ash grabbing Badges. Iris was more or less Misty with a goal rather than an orbiter so it was a slight improvement. Serena was a little complex in that she vocally wanted Ash's dick with the audience knowing it but she also had some clash with her mother in terms of establishing a goal and later developed her own ambitions outside of Ash. She also set a record that's gonna be hard to top, unless they bullshit an onscreen kiss from Lillie somehow.

Sun and Moon feels different from the formula thus far, but I do think it has potential to match up to Kanto in terms of being character driven so the series made it a point that Lana, Kiawe and Mallow aren't some one-shot supporting characters to be shafted too easily like a guest Gym Leader or two. It shows that we have more to appreciate than Ash trying to be the best as there's others who need to grow as well. So maybe it's not the same as when Brock and Misty tagged along but it doesn't mean the series can't establish a new identify for itself. Change is a part of growth too.
>>
>>31495629
Where are you copying this from?

>I heard a lot of the "good" writers left after the Eevee episode and the rest were just writers trying to pick up the pieces
And why the absolute fuck would anyone think this?
>>
File: 1467535281675.jpg (51KB, 225x253px) Image search: [Google]
1467535281675.jpg
51KB, 225x253px
>>31495672
>anything longer than 2 lines is pasta
>>
>>31495718
It reads like an autistic tumblr post. You should probably go back there.
>>
File: CS4tA-SUAAAsMyH.jpg (46KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
CS4tA-SUAAAsMyH.jpg
46KB, 375x500px
>>31495738
Sorry if I don't agree with your delusions of nostalgia that a children's anime lost its way when it decided to be current for the children of today.
>>
>>31495922
But it didn't
The later series are better for us, but not for kids. The OS entertains modern kids a hell of a lot better
>>
>>31490386
The problem isn't that you guys give people shit for having different opinions, its that you guys have created a community that actively avoids needing to engage with opinions you don't like by meme spamming or declaring them all trolls.

>>31494264
>>31495384
This right here is a good example. When faced with an opinion they don't like, people from the anime thread decide it must be a false flag or a troll/shitposter.

It's what happens to almost every general- the regulars to the thread are inevitably enthusiasts who create an echochamber for their opinion and shout down any opposing ones (particularly for those new to the thread), and because this is 4chan, actual shitposters pick up on that and repost opinions you don't like just to get a reaction out of you and your circlejerk intensifies and you start assuming everyone who has opinions you don't like are just trolling you.

Then you turn around and say your thread's good for discussion? Only if you add in the qualifier "for opinions within a certain boundary".
>>
>>31495629
Can I just I fucking love your post. It's literally rare to see stuff this well-written on this thread, with grammar and everything. /vp/fags, take notes.
>>
>>31484546
>Ash was this scrappy no-nonsense kid
Ash was a stupid goofball shounen hero. Ash was literally Naruto minus the orange jumpsuit.
>>
>>31495629
If this was the anime general you'd be getting called "scott" and told to fuck off right about now. holy shit that place has gotten so bad
>>
>>31484546
i dont like the 1st gen of the series but i have to admit that the kanto part of the anime was hands down the best

>Kukui: wow he lost so much health...

literally fucking what
>>
>>31498555
Maybe you should stop watching the dub if you don't like how shitty the dub is?
>>
>>31498686
this, I feel that most of the hatred of the anime is due to the fact that most people only watched the shitty dub and base their opinion off of that
>>
>>31498686
that was a non-trash sub
>>
>>31499432
I'm pretty fucking positive the original uses "tairyoku", which the subs translate fairly consistently as "stamina", so no.
>>
>>31487413
SUDOWOODO
>>
>>31496890
>It's what happens to almost every general- the regulars to the thread are inevitably enthusiasts who create an echochamber for their opinion and shout down any opposing ones (particularly for those new to the thread), and because this is 4chan, actual shitposters pick up on that and repost opinions you don't like just to get a reaction out of you and your circlejerk intensifies and you start assuming everyone who has opinions you don't like are just trolling you.
In the case of /padt/, the threads have always experienced tons of shitposting due to the board's paucity of moderation. On a board like /a/ where Pokemon threads are occasionally made, discussion tends to go more smoothly in part because shitposters know they can't shitpost without getting busted.

So part of the blame has to go to this particular board's unique circumstances. If these generals were held on a better-moderated board, this wouldn't be so big of a problem.

So yeah, "opinions within a certain boundary" is true in some cases, but like you said, it's not like this is the only general where that happens. It's just that in /padt/, there's been so much shitposting and falseflagging that people have become somewhat paranoid and frustrated, and after a certain point, people will snap anytime they feel like it's deja vu all over again.
>>
File: blush.jpg (52KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
blush.jpg
52KB, 480x480px
Nothing is better than XY...
>>
>>31502611
These padt threads really should have been on /a/ from the get go desu
>>
>>31502703
>the Pokemon board is not the place to discuss the Pokemon anime
Anon...
>>
>>31485825
>having her strongest Pokemon do absolutely nothing to Charizard with a direct hit, then getting floored by one attack is considered impressive
I'm pretty sure Misty's Gyarados could do the same.
>>
>>31498452
Not really. I've been in the padt threads since they were hype threads. I've been in this current thread for a while and you didn't see me replying "fuck off Scott" to that here because it's obvious that's not him.

Just as bad as the "fuck off Scott" posting are the newfags who unironically think he's an imaginary bogeyman we all came up with to shout down opinions we don't like.
>>
>>31502715
Not even the rest of vp wants them, and the moderation here is shit. Having generals here for an anime that like 75% of the board doesn't like is a recipe for disaster.

On /a/ the Pokemon threads I've seen haven't gone all that bad, they have some genwunnerfaggotry and Mami the tripfag, but that's better than the kinds of endless, unmoderated shitposting /padt/ gets on this board
>>
>>31502748
To be fair, shitposters HAVE jumped on the tactic of just replying "fuck off Scott/Duplica/whatever" to random posts.

It used to be a fairly effective tactic to inform newfag that this is not someone you should reply to.
>>
File: 1471543964102.png (217KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
1471543964102.png
217KB, 635x475px
>>31484546
>>
>>31498452
I occasionally try posting there after a hype episode to see if it's gotten any better, and I see that phrase in response to even seemingly normal posts.
>>
File: 1482699799302.gif (957KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482699799302.gif
957KB, 500x375px
>>31485645
Nah. Later seasons had worse art direction despite superior animation. Felt more plastic. but that's more to do with the era the first season was made in than anything else. 90s anime has a specific aesthetic that was lost for better or worse.

I think the anime's downfall was its refusal to grow up with us. It stagnated despite changing scenery and monsters every gen. but that's okay. Let's not kid ourselves, the Pokémon Anime was always a 30 minute comercial, even when it had more class.
>>
>>31502785
I'm fairly sure "the rest of /vp/" doesn't particularly care whether or not there is a single thread about the anime somewhere on the board, anon. The problem has always been a tiny group of ridiculously autistic anime haters that have seemingly made it their life's goal to shit up all discussion about it they see.
>>
>>31502802
Either it's a falseflagging shitposter or newfag who's doing it, or it's not actually a normal post for reasons that are hard to understand unless you've lurked there for a while.
>>
>>31502802
That's either shitposters falseflagging or you being unable to recognize pasta.

Either or.
>>
>>31502821
One of the most autistic shitposters of them totally snapped and went ballistic in one of the most recent padt's. Wrote all these long walls of text explaining he enjoyed spamming padt with Duplica avatars, imitating other posters, replying to himself over and over again, making troll padt threads, using Serena and Amour (which he hates and wants to go away) avatars for script induced number gets, and more generally being an autistic pain in the ass. His supposed motivation was that he hates all generals and what padt became and he wants "shipping" including Amour cast out of the threads altogether, so his obvious solution was to...shit up the thread even more himself and make it unusable multiple times a week. Not going to link it here though m8, you can go find it yourself.
>>
>>31502950
Here: >>31496653 >>31496657

Now take note of the fact that he claims his motivation for shitting down the general is that "because it exists, all Pokemon anime thread on /a/ and /vp/ get deleted in seconds, even if there's still porn left up all over". Then look at what thread you're currently posting in and how long it's been up.

Then go dick around in the archives and see if you can find those deleted threads he claimed he made last week if you REALLY need evidence he's full of shit.
>>
>>31502950
>implying you should trust a word that the Duplica shitposter writes
The guy has totally lost his fucking mind. Even if half of what he's saying is true, I still don't believe him.
>>
>>31484546
There is no reason to spend money to make the Pokemon anime good, because the people who watch it will still watch it if its shit.
The Ashime is an extended commercial for the games. That, along with poor handling by 4Kids, is why the original cast left. They didn't want to be a part of a series that went nowhere.
Also, it is a pretty much universally accepted fact that old anime>new anime in terms of art.
>>
>>31503265
>Ashime
>>
>>31503265
>That, along with poor handling by 4kids, is why the original cast left
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about, but I guess that's obvious from your use of "Ashime"
>>
>>31503265
The original cast is still there.
>>
>>31503288
Well, instead of REEEEEEEEing, why not correct him?
>>
>>31503308
He did, though.
>>
>>31484546
> modern anime
That's why I don't watch anime anymore
>>
>>31502820

That... actually makes sense. I always found Season 1 more aesthetically pleasing despite the later seasons animation improvements. I don't know like everything more... 'ground' and real? Like the pokemon were more or less real animals with extraordinary abilities and the battles felt like they had real 'weight' to them, if you get what I mean.
>>
>>31485599
Underrated post
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.