[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I build this guy in S/M? Do I go Mega or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

How do I build this guy in S/M? Do I go Mega or not?
>>
the only reason to even use it is its Mega Evolution. It's one of the best Pokemon in the game right now.
>>
>>31477953
Mega is 10 times better, it's not even close. Unless your Mega slot is already occupied by something you really want go rev up those Tough Claws
>>
>>31477987
>>31478015
alright so how do I get a good megaset
>>
>>31477953
This is the metagross I ran for a while

Metagross @Metagrossite
Jolly or Adamant Nature
EV's - 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6HP
-Metoer Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake
-Hammer Arm

Non Mega, give it wide lens to hold. Or choice scarf
>>
>>31478045
This, also Bullet Punch is an option for things like mimikyu and other fast but frail sweepers. Shame it lost the elemenatl punches
>>
>>31478145
What should I replace for Bullet Punch then? Mash?
>>
>>31478164
Zen Headbutt, you can take out Poison types with Earthquake and Fighting Types wont really give you much trouble.
Also, 90 accuracy = ass
>>
>>31478164
Usually you'll want Earthquake or Hammer Arm, not both. Post-bank the elemental punches will also be possibilities. Megagross suffers from pretty bad 4MSS honestly
>>
>>31478043
Give it Zen Headmiss, Metoer Miss, Bullet Punch and Earthquake or Thunder Punch or Pursuit or Ice Punch or Grass Knot because Steel and Psychic are easily two of the worst attacking types possible, second only to Bug and Poison
>>
If you pair Megagross with Lele then Zen Headbutt hits like a nuclear warhead.
>>
>>31478233
>90 accuracy = ass
Like 3 of these have 90 accuracy
>>
still one question, EVs
max atk of course, what about rest? just speed?
>>
>>31478341
>>31478045
>>
>>31477953
Unless your megaslot is already taken, you absolutely want Megagross. Honestly, Metagross might not be worth using without a megastone unless you really need a specific bulky steel with access to bullet punch that isn't Scizor for whatever reason.

A good moveset for megagross is something like
Meteor Mash/Iron Head
Zen Headbutt/Earthquake
Earthquake/Hammer Arm/Elemental punch of choice
Elemental Punch of choice/Hone Claws

I'm leery of Hone Claws Megagross. a turn of set-up for 1.5x damage isn't great, but then neither is 90/95% acuracy. I lean against it, because Megagross's biggest strength is how it can just come out and wreck shit unexpectedly.

Megagross is also fast enough to be a good user of Explosion. It can get Megagross an extra kill if it is about to die instead of just hurting something.
Pursuit is also a good pick if something else doesn't already have it. Putting damage where you want it is a good long-term strat.

Basically, Megagross works exceptionally as a revenge killer, a late game cleaner, a 1v1 tank spank and trade, or a wrecking ball to smash into a few pieces of a team. It's simple enough, but also very versatile.

>>31478341
Honestly, going Max speed with some investment in both Attack and HP works very well. It really depends on what you want out of your 'gross. I personally prefer the bulk over balls-out power, but to each his own.
>>
As of S/M, the 110 base speed from the mega kicks in right when you evolve, so no question you should go for it. I've played a couple of japanese players on BSS (a niche meta, granted) who played theirs as a Reflect/Light Screen setter with Explosion. So you can go a weird route as well, especially when the team preview screen is almost half the game.
>>
Not OP but looks like I made the right choice by grinding Battle Royal for Metagrossite.
>>
>>31478264
>poison one of the worst attacking types
I swear half the mons run some poison moves just to counter the fucking tapus
>>
Brick Break>Hammer Arm because accuracy and breaking aurora veil
>>
>>31478702
I was thinking the same after seeing 90% everywhere
>>
>>31478702
Missing and that Speed drop are hell. I run Hammer Arm on AV Gross though
>>
Guys

I have a Quiet natured Beldum. Any sets around those or should I go for one thats similar to>>31478045
>>
>>31477953
Mega is definitely the better option. It's one of the best OU mons because Megas get speed boost the turn they Mega Evolve now. But if your Mega slot if occupied, normal Megagross can be great too. It's not only a Steel-type, taking care of Tapus, but also a Psychic-type that can get rid of Toxapex.
>>
>>31479530
Sorry anon, but that probably the worst nature to have for a Metagross.
Either breed it or trash it
>>
>>31479791
But... I already got attached to him

He was my first ever Beldum. I was trying to shiny chain SOS style, but I accidentally caught him... Then I put him in Pelago and realized that he was bro worthy.

Doctor Anon, is there nothing I can do for him? Is there no way to save his viability? There has to be something for him... Doctor!
>>
>>31480158
it is bad m8

make his son the new chosen one
>>
>>31480158

>>31479791
>>31480352
We already told you, anon. make him nut in a ditto and let his kid be the hero
Jolly / Adamant or its shit
>>
>>31477953
Metagross is for cleaning up gross metas.
>>
>>31478702
go back to emerald
>>
>>31480379
Naive is literally better than Adamant, Grass Knot is boosted by Tough Claws and is at least good for getting around stuff like Slowbro and Hippowdon, who wall it to death otherwise
>>
>>31480158
You could try for a screwball mixed trick room 'gross, if you are desperate to save the little guy, but it wouldn't be very effective.

I'm sorry to say so but, in my expert medical opinion, he daid.
>>
>>31480158
>>31480352
>make his son the chosen one
This.
My nuzlocke was carried by a Brave Metagross named William. My current team's megaslot user is his great great descendant, an Adamant SHINY-bred Megagross named Caesar. Best of both worlds m8.
>>
List of moves Mega Metagross can use:

Meteor Mash
Iron Head
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Pursuit
Hammer Arm
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Power-Up Punch
>>
>>31480491
With the addition the final three moves are gen VI only right now.
>>
>>31480415
Running naive is risky though, as Megagross' Sp def is one of its lower stats at 110 compared to 150 in defence.
Might be safer running hasty.
Jolly is still superior though, that's what mine is
>>
>>31478264
>Steel and Psychic are easily two of the worst attacking types possible
Not with all these tapus, toxapexes and aurora veil ninetails running around
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.