[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: GAME FREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAK" moments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: jangmo-o[1].png (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jangmo-o[1].png
122KB, 500x500px
Okay mates, so we have a pseudo-line right? Typical stuff.

But this time, let's reveal the ENTIRE line BEFORE release!

And that's not all. Let's ALSO prominently feature the Pokemon in the demo, to get players fully-accompanied with the line!

By the time the game releases, they'll know this Pokemon line as well as they know Yungoos and Pikipek! They'll expect to see it during their adventure in Alola!

Still with me? Alright, forget everything I just said from what I'm now about to suggest

Let's put this Pokemon on the LAST island you go to! The very last one!

And the encounter rate will be 5%! Just 5%!

And it'll be at a level so high by this point, that you can level it up just once and it'll evolve, and one more level and it'll be evolved completely!

But we'll still make it evolve very late in spite of this so tough luck if you're breeding one. It's Pseudo Tradition™ after all!

I mean come on, this is fucking stupid. Don't put it on Melemele, sure, but why not Akala? I'd even be okay if you stuck the little shit on Blush Mountain. Is the marketing team so divorced from the developers? If you had got an early Jangmo-o, it'd be a Kommo-o or at least close to it by Vast Poni. Instead we get this awkward, "you can catch Jangmo-o but it's far too late to put it on your team and there's no natural satisfaction in evolving because it'll do just that in two levels."

t. only a little bit mad
>>
>>31476484
Don't forget they made it complete ass.
>>
>Can get Bagon, Shelgon, Beldum, Gabite early enough. Beldum a real first time too.
>Even Salamence if you're persistent enough
>Goomy if you're obscenely lucky or aware

>But the actual 7th pseudo? Fuck you it's essentially in victory road.
>>
To be fair, only Gible and Goomy were early/easy to be found in their debut gen.
>Dratini
Safari Zone fishing or Game Corner. Forgot if the Game Corner one is version exclusive, though.
>Larvitar
Only after 16 badges. Gen II only.
>Bagon
Only one room in Meteor Falls which is only reachable after 8 badges.
>Beldum
Gift after becoming champion.
>Gible
Wayward Cave. In Plat you only need Cut, I think, which you can use after beating Gardenia, the second gym leader.
>Deino
Victory Road.
>Goomy
Two routes on the way to Couriway(?).
>>
>>31476484
At least they didn't pull another Larvitar.
>>
>They live in mountains where no trace of humans can be detected.
>>
>>31476586
>They're found in a canyon instead
>>
>>31476484
epin black surprise text xD
>>
>>31476484
Literally everything you said is shit that doesn't even matter
>>
>>31476561
>To be fair, only Gible and Goomy were early/easy to be found in their debut gen.

This is different. The entire pseudo line was officially revealed before release and arguably marketed/presented as something that you'll at least be able to encounter uncommonly, hell, ANYWHERE AT ALL before what may as well be endgame.

It's baffling. You could argue that it's as hard to find in the game as Dhelmise, who wasn't officially revealed at all.
>>
>make pokemon you see as early as route 2
>evolves 2 seconds before the elite 4
>less than 500BST
>shitty typing
>ugly piece of shit
>>
>>31476484
They dropped the ball on all distributions though.

"Each island has two or three staple pokemon that make up 70% of the encounters"
"Sure, but make them all gen 1."
>>
File: why the fuck 2.0.png (20KB, 739x115px) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck 2.0.png
20KB, 739x115px
>>31478439
>make them all gen 1

But that's wrong, anon. You forgot about pic related
>>
>>31477020
I'm of the opinion GF blew too much load during pre-release anyway. I think only about 15 new Pokémon and one whole Alolan line hasn't been revealed before release.
But yeah, I remember the threads here and at other places in which people were wondering if this was really the pseudo because they revealed it before release.
>>
File: 250px-246Larvitar (1).png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-246Larvitar (1).png
33KB, 250x250px
>>31476484
>Gen 2
>The second pseudo ever so at this point lots of freedom to introduce when and where it's found
>How about in the very last dungeon of a 16 gym game?
>5% chance
>can't even be found at night or in the morning in Crystal version
>it's level 15-20 while you are preparing to battle an opponent with Pokemon in the high 70s and low 80s so even if you wanted to use it good luck grinding with the low level E4
>>
>>31476484
Speaking of Jangmo-o.
Could somebody trade me good natured Jangmo-o lvl 1 for my Pokemon Sun playthrough? Preferably in an egg. I'm currently playing Moon and it pisses me off that I can't catch one until just before the League, which is stuuuupid as fuck. Not a shiny hunter or anything so I couldn't trade back anything of worth...
>>
>>31476535
You can also get Deino in the first island or so.
>>
>>31477020
I would be way more comfortable to believe that Dhelmise was intended to be the first Pseudo without a pre-evolution, considering that it wasn't revealed, has decent stats and 3 STAB attacks with its ability.
>>
>>31478840
You never actually have to go in the grass on those routes
>>
I can make some for you fags if you want
>>
>>31476484
They CAN put it on the first island. If they let themselves put Bagon and fucking Salamence on Cutscene Island then there's no reason his discount cousin couldn't have been there too
>>
>>31479179
would love to have one!
>>
>Never bothered to beat white 2
>find out about challenge mode, get excited after how easy oras and sm were
>its version locked to black 2 and you get easy mode in white 2 instead
this might be the most retarded game design decision I have ever seen. Why would you even need an easy mode if you have to beat normal mode to unlock it?
>>
>>31476484
>rockruff is a rare encounter
>mariene is a rare encounter
>stuffle is a rare encounter
>mimikyu is a rare encounter
>dhelmise is a rare encounter
>comfey is a rare encounter
>passimian/oranguru is a rare encounter
>female salandit is a rare encounter

jesus christ it's like they don't even want us to know these new pokemon exist. Meanwhile you can't got 10 steps without seeing a fearow or other gen wun mons because gamefreak won't stop shoving them down our throats.
>>
>>31479631
Well don't worry, it's actually easier than SM anyway.
>>
>>31479722
Sounds like Johto, and everyone loves that shitty region.
>>
>>31479753
at least you can find the entire Alola Dex in Alola
you have to go back to fucking Kanto to capture some Johto Pokémon because there's no fucking Johto Pokémon in Johto
>>
>>31479631
And just wait. To unlock your exclusive difficulty, you need to beat the game. And if you reset it, you lose access to that key.

The only way to play Hard naturally is to have another ds with a Black 2 with hard unlocked and trade keys. Or take advantage of hackroms that enable it.
>>
>>31479816
They aren't Johto pokemon, they're gen 2 kanto pokemon. How the fuck can they be Johto pokemon if they never inhabit johto
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.