[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pros and cons to ORAS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Pros and cons to ORAS?
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
>>31474293
cons are mega evolutions. as you can just solo the whole game with any mega. also the game is super easy as it is.
>>
>>31474350
>>31474298
Alright thanks buddies
>>
>>31474350
There are more cons then that, and gen 3 in general was waaaay easy
>>
>>31474293
Pros:
The best game in the franchise
Massively revamps the storyline of RSE
The most new content of any remakes with dozens of new forms and Megas
Excellent postgame episode
Amazing music
Dexnav is the single best feature ever
Training and battling has never been so streamlines

Cons:
Ported battle frontier like all remakes
>>
>>31474396
Add low difficulty in the cons list
Remove "The best game in the franchise"
Change the "The most new content of any remakes" to "A lot of new content"

Otherwise accurate.
>>
Between the Battle Resort's daycare and breeding loop, locations with guaranteed horde encounters for the EVs you need, DexNav as a tool to hunt Hidden Abilities (which is also fun to use), and the abundance of move tutors, ORAS is easily the best game to breed and raise optimial Pokémon. In that sense it really is the veteran's game, because of how much it caters to the crowd who want to or enjoy do these things. Blissey bases are also worth mentioning because of how easy they make it to grind levels, even if they weren't intentional design.

The biggest problem here is that, despite all these convenient features, there isn't much incentive to use those optimal Pokémon due to the lack of a Battle Frontier.
>>
>>31474442
So it'll mostly just be good for breeding mons to send to sun/moon? Or is S&Ms post game shit too?
>>
>>31474293
Pros:
Dexnav
More mega evolutions
A crap ton of pokemon available in the game with dexnav or mirage spots
Gave you an event pokemon
And gave you both Eon pokemon
The massive revamp to Mawille City and smaller changes to other areas
The big change in Team Aqua and Magma making the characters more memorable
The revamped music is nice (Though not as nice as HGSS where they gave you the cool retro msuic item but still)
Delta Episode was overall pretty neat
Battle Resort made hatching eggs easier
New pikachu form (I liked it anyway)
You can get both bikes (Minor but ehh, is something)

Cons:
Granite Cave now makes you backtrack
No Battle Frontier (It was Rng bullshit in my opinion but whatever)
Safari Zone is now a regular route (I prefer it this way but I know some people disagree)
No game corner
The changes to the contest system
The changes to pokeblock system (I liked the minigame, but I do like how I can give my pokemon as many pokeblocks as I want)

Cons list is probably a bit short but I am sure by the time I post this someone will have posted that big "Problem with ORAS" image
>>
>>31474547
Sadly SM postgame is shit as well.
>>
>>31474645
Fug, what games have decent post games?
>>
>>31474792
After B2W2, nothing because Gamefreak put every one of their eggs in the wifi-battles basket. Thats all anybody "has time for or cares about" with the mobile market consuming most of the average gamer's time. People want to battle against their friends, or on online ladders; theyre not interested in exploring the world or doing anything productive.
>>
>>31474859
What about pre B2W2?
>>
>>31474293
>Pro
>Aqua/Magma revisions
>Dex Nav
>Breeding circle on the day care with stat checker in the pokecenter
>Wally was done much better

>Cons
>Zinnia/Delta Episode
>No battle frontier and just Maison again
>Game got much more handholdy with more free heals/warps
>Contests are too easy especially with the auto poffins and you can't connect online
>>
>>31474432
One of the best games in the franchise and pokemon hasnt been hard since gen 4
>>
>>31474396
I love hoenn and emerald is my favorite pokemon game, but sheesh ORAS is a let down. Emerald and FR/LG still have more content and they came out in 04/05. It's just sad
>>
>>31474920

>cons
>deleta episode

found the kaloscuck
>>
I'm still fucking pissed they didnt use the story from Emerald. Fuck the Delta Episode.
>>
>>31475250
This meme needs to die. Emerald does not have more content than OR/AS.
>>
>>31475292
BF simply existing single handedly beats all the content ORAS added. Most of the new "content" in ORAS is just a side effect of it coming out in 2014 and not 2005 and it's shit you can get in XY anyway.
>>
>>31474293
Pros: i like it
Cons: /vp/ hates it

t. Person who didn't wanted a Hoenn remake thanks to "HOENN COMFURMD, HURR DURR" spammers.
>>
Battle Frontier, Battle Maison, and Battle Tree.

All are overrated and they suck ass.
>>
File: 1482975448487.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482975448487.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Funnily enough, I really enjoyed ORAS despite not caring much for the originals. Also, I'm going to drop the C word here and say that I mostly enjoyed it because I think Hoenn as a region is really comfy
>>
>>31474293
It's a good game, but a bad 3rd gen remake.

But even with its faults, it's the best Pokemon game since BW2.
>>
>>31475255
No both are shit. This is just a ORAS con not gen 6
>>
>>31475352
>/vp/ hates it
Not anymore, really, since it's not the newest game
>>
>>31474293
Pros: Digged it a lot more than XY, though it's a remake and I may have some bias.
Trumpets.
Cons: Wanted a remade Battle Frontier, would've loved to have it instead of beating the game/Delta episode and that's it.
>>
>>31474298
>people treat it seriously
>>
The lack of Gym rematches and not using the upgraded Emerald teams for Gym leaders were both inexcusable decisions.

I can understand the lack of Battle Frontier though, since GF is lazy as fuck, but those two above would be very easy to implement.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.