[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honesty what went so wrong? You would think a pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 14

In all honesty what went so wrong? You would think a pokemon themed fighing game would be fucking huge and bring in millions of dedicated fans but pokken is dead as fuck. Other then the new characters announced awhile back threads for it here don't even exist, a board dedicated only to pokemon.
>>
>>31469885
>m-muh irrelevant bro didnt get in so ill call the entire roster shit even though for a fighting game it has a relatively large roster
>dead console
>muh projectile zoners are completely balanced
>>
>>31469885

People had this unrealistic idea of a fighting game with every every Pokemon playable
>>
The roster, honestly. Tons of people dropped it when we got 2 Pikachu instead of Hawlucha or literally any Hitmon.
Things like Charizard, Lucario and Mewtwo appeal to the casual audience, but this isn't the audience that buys fighting games. I also personally don't like the art direction since all Pokemon look weird in a realistic style, but that's just me.
>>
>>31469885
>fighting game
>target audience are kids
>wii u
It's like they wanted the worse possible combination ever.
>>
>>31470014
>The roster, honestly
Like clockwork
>>
the 2 different battle phases make it not fun for beginners
>>
>>31470051
>valid complaints don't count because I say so

Autism.
>>
>>31469885
Because they didn't get nips favorite Pokemon, Greninja, in the game.
>>
File: 1429287151597.png (93KB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
1429287151597.png
93KB, 480x430px
>>31469885
>It released on a virtually dead console
>It has a horrible controller scheme
>"Story" mode is short and shitty
>Local multiplayer is the biggest hassle of any fighting game
>Launched with piss-poor roster. Updates take forever, and while they improve it, it still feels a bit measly
>Lack of modes means there's nothing interesting to do if fighting gets a bit dull
>Nintendo's horrible online service

It has lots of things going against it, but most of its wrongs correlate to poor timing and slightly rushed development.

If the Switch ends up a success, a theoretical Pokken Tag Tournament would also be a big hit. All it needs is to:

>Make Field Phase and Duel Phase different modes. Dual Phase becomes a combo-oriented mode that doubles as a hassle-free, Local Multiplayer experience that will appeal more to that e-sport audience they failed to grasp, while Field Phase is a more casual Ultimate Ninja Storm/Budokai Tenkaichi approach that can be easily played online

>Maybe even make interactable, changing environments a-la Dead or Alive while in field mode

>Duel Phase would instead have a typical Tag Mode. You know the deal.

>Open a website where people can suggest which pokemon they'd like to see to avoid shitstorms. 10 additions would be ideal, but the best would be to leave the people choose five of them and the devs choose the other 5. That way we get Fan-Favorites like Greninja, Lopunny and the like, but we'd also get whatever oddball choices the devs might want

>Add a couple more modes for fun timesinks, like Tekken Force or Tekken Ball were. Helps break the monotony (Not necessarily identical to those modes, they're just an example, though i personally loved Tekken force).

I honestly think that'd be enough to make it a household series.
>>
>>31470071
Pretty sure nips are as big genwunners as the US. They're fucking huge nostalgiafags.
>>
>>31470061
Oh yeah. I forgot that GF needs to give 1 representative for all gens, body types, number of legs, starters, elemental types, height, weight and color.
>>
File: croagunk.gif (2MB, 370x372px) Image search: [Google]
croagunk.gif
2MB, 370x372px
>>31470080
I imagine it would just be a update with the four new characters.

Happy to finally see a pokemon I like get in with croagunk. I was really interested in them transitioning pokemon like ditto, wobbefett, or shuckle as actual characters and croagunk seems to pull that off well.
>>
File: C01JlnWWgAA9MNQ.jpg (40KB, 930x842px) Image search: [Google]
C01JlnWWgAA9MNQ.jpg
40KB, 930x842px
>>31470071
I know you're kinda joking, but i actually know many people that didn't get it for that very same reason. There was a pretty big backlash on Nip Twitter too, considering the fact that, taking meme suggestions like Magnemite out of the way, Greninja was the 2nd most requested character on the Pokken hashtag and he also won the popularity poll.

I personally think they missed their shot, though. Greninja is still very popular, but he would've made much more of a splash if they had released him at the peak of his popularity. I don't think he'd sell as many Pokken 2 copies anymore. Once again, they wasted their chance.
>>
The roster sucks. Baffling choices. Wii u is dead. The campaign is wack.
>>
>le roster meme

Literally no one gives a shit that your literally who """"""bro"""""" didn't make it in.
>>
>>31470095
I know you're memeing but who would think a series with a cast of characters as wide as Pokemon would waste slots on 2 Pikachu, 2 Mewtwo and 5 Fire Pokemon. The roster was deplorable and it did a poor job of bringing people to the game.
>>
Lot of my complaints have been posted already but the biggest for me was that they just fucking dropped it in the US. I would love if there was a chance we would see the new characters added to the JP arcade version come stateside but that's probably not happening.
>>31470080
What's your issue with the controls?
>>
>>31470081
He did win the popularity poll over there though, but I guess the anime helped him a lot.
>>
>>31469885
zoners need to be taken down a notch
>>
File: 1473719645076.jpg (63KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1473719645076.jpg
63KB, 500x385px
>>31469885
The roster was the final push for the death of this game.

I have no problem with the use of popular mons, but excessive use of those ones is so boring to me, and we were in the VI generation, literally the "popular Pokémon's spamming" generation.

Those two Pikachu and those two Mewtwo (both with M-Mewtwo X) were an absolute joke when we had 718 Pokémon (excluding events) that might be fighters.

Most Pokémon had an anathomy too basic to be fighters, and this looks boring to me. Even Chandelure, that the only non-humanoid detail in it was the lack of legs, but at least I can understand the creativity on this fighter.

Absolute lack of Rock Pokémon. It's pretty obvious this detail in a "casual pandering" game, when Rock-type is one of the least favorite types in Pokémon, and, if they would have added a Rock Pokémon they would have so predictable that I might bet that it would be Tyranitar.

I'm sure the people who bought this game would have done that if the only popular Pokémon on this game would be Pikachu, Charizard and may be Lucario. Most of the other ones were expendable and could have been a great slot of Pokémon that diversity that our dearly franchise has, like Vespiquen, Donphan, Probopass or Ditto.

> Inb4 2l;dr
>>
>2 Pikachus
>2 Mewtwos
>>
Fighting games are dead these days
>>
>>31469885
Pokken is shit because shit like Tekken is shit.

Nintedrones/Pokefags want a Pokemon only version of Smash, if anything.
>>
File: C1bDR3qUcAA_XFC.jpg (39KB, 511x557px) Image search: [Google]
C1bDR3qUcAA_XFC.jpg
39KB, 511x557px
>>31470080
Add the ability to have weaker super-powered moves like DM's, SDM's, and HSDM's in King of Fighters games while in Duel Phase instead of just a single finisher like we have now and i would buy 5 copies.

Also, it'd be pretty cool if we could add some accesories to the pokemon.
>>
>>31473021
>delphox
>blaziken
>sceptile
>gardevoir

>wat did they mean by this?
>>
>>31469885
Too much fire starters. Only one grass and water. And the water barely appeared in 2016. Also weres my bois swampert and chesnaught at.
>>
>>31474004
>wanting shitnaught in pokken
fuck off, don't try to ruin a decent fighting game with trash tier pokemon.
>>
>>31469885
>Braxien
>Black Mewtwo
>2 Pikachus
>Suicune
I just don't understand
>>
>>31469885
3D
>>
Braixen was a mistake
So was Garchomp

The rest of the roster is p good
>>
Mediocre roster. I really don't mind the roster as much as others. The engine feels slow and clunky. Tekken sucks. Local multiplayer is ass. The weakness triangle system is stupid when you input something just to get it fucked over by lol green move or something along those lines and then you lose half your life. AI reads your moves. Projectiles too good and too common.

I think what mainly killed it was the local multiplayer and shit single player though.

It has its positives, this is just what bothered me.
>>
>>31469885
It just wasn't on a popular enough console.
>>
File: IMG_0220.jpg (21KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0220.jpg
21KB, 250x238px
>>31470332
>any complaints about the roster are from people who's favorite didn't get in
>thinking a Pokemon can only be either popular or "literally who" and nowhere in between

Stop being retarded.
>>
>Pikachu Libre was added to Pokken only to not be transferable from ORAS and basically don't exist at all in SM
>>
>>31474037
But Suicune already got in.
>>
I still think it should have been all Mega-evolution-capable Pokémon and only them.
>>
They only updated the arcade version is the real problem.
>>
>>31469885
>pokken is dead as fuck.
False, you can find a game in seconds online. Game's still lively as fuck, there's just not much buzz because it hasn't received the support the arcade version got.

More than you can say for actual failure games like Street Fighter V.
>>
>>31474155
Well go look up this thread and the archives and you'll see this is about 80-90% the case
>where is my bro?
>no bro, no buy
>no bro = shit roster
Grow the fuck up people and consider that this is a good roster size for the first iteration of the game. If you can't find at least one or two pokemon you aren't too contrarian to like then the problem is you
>>
>Pokken
>No superior limb based combat
It was dead on arrival
>>
The Wii U. The game was released on a console with very few sales, coupled with the fact that most fans of Pokemon own handheld systems. If the Switch does well and has main Pokemon games, I guarantee a Pokken 2 will sell like wildfire.

There were other issues too. Although I hear the game actually has a lot of depth, on the surface it looks very casual. This deterred fighting game fans. On the flip-side, by the very nature of being a fighting game, casual fans (Pokemon's core audience), were deterred. Local multiplayer was a mess due to it halving the frame rate or requiring two Wii U's and an adapter. Those two issues also killed actual tournaments for the game.

The roster was fairly good, but the presence of Pikachu Libre and Shadow Mewtwo was a terrible idea and made it easy to insult.
>>
>>31469885
nothing really went wrong aside from having pikachu libre instead of hawlucha and choosing empoleon for the water starte while swampert could've just filled the hoenn starter trio
>>
File: C1HETDYXEAAmmyY.jpg (39KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
C1HETDYXEAAmmyY.jpg
39KB, 864x864px
>>31475858
>The roster was fairly good, but the presence of Pikachu Libre and Shadow Mewtwo was a terrible idea and made it easy to insult.

This. I love Mewtwo, but the addition of a stupid Shadow Mewtwo as another character is beyond stupid. It's as retarded as adding Greninja to the game and adding Ash-Greninja as an additional character. Sure, they're popular pokemon, but the damn redundancy will end up pissing off more people than it will please. Even if they play differently, it's still stupid.
>>
competitive pokken play here, hit me up with questions and stuff
>>
>>31469885
Fighting game crossover/spinoffs are fucking dead, because people finally realized fighting games are shit for 9/10 players.
Warriors crossover/spinoff games are the new flavor, because you don't have to git gud, you can just button-mash your favorite to win, which is the fucking point of titles like these.
>>
>>31469885
>Console deader unborn than Orphan.
>No Nidos.
>No birds.
>No Chessnaught / Feraligatr.
>No Ditto for a mirror match.
>lolMewtwo as final boss.
>None of the Hitmons; no, we get one more Pikachu instead.
>NO ITEMS HUMANOID BIPEDS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION.
>Yeah, I know, Suicune, but it's only one, a Legendary to boot, and there's so much diversity to pick from.
>Final Destination indeed, all the stages were flat, no Dissidia-style quickmoving or anything even remotely close. In 2016.
>Interesting additions like Empoleon and Chandelure are so late the Wii U might as well have been forgotten by now.
>>
>>31469885
>Nintendo-brand online service
>My favorite pokemon didn't get in so it sucks
>general complaints about the roster (2 Mewtwo, 2 Pikachu being the most common)
>Nintendo-brand online multiplayer.
>Nintendo-brand control scheme
>Lucario/Braixen (especially Braixen, since Delphox exists) make people suspicious of fur heresy
>Story is FAR too repetitive for the roster size. The amount of battles you need to get through to get anywhere would be more fitting in a game with 50-60 fighters (Plus, seeing so many Suicune triggers autists)
>Appeals to fighting game newcomers, which means online usually consists of one or two fighting game veterans stomping a bunch of noobs which isn't enjoyable for either party
>Very little variety, nothing like a challenge mode.
>Why is it so fucking difficult to play two-player on one console?
>Nintendo-brand online service
>Fighting spinoffs are generally giving way to warriors-style spinoffs
>Too slow with dlc, almost everyone I know had stopped giving a shit before the first character dropped.
>Stage layout is boring, generally nothing to distinguish stages from eachother besides background
>Popularity of Wii U questionable to begin with
>Nintendo-brand Online Multiplayer

An expanded roster would have gone a good ways to redeeming this game. Just 5 more Pokemon would have made the story less unbearable, would have really spiced up online, and generally brought a lot more of what the game needs most, Variety.
It wouldn't have totally fixed it though. Some of the issues of the game were generally outside of its ability to solve. Nintendo can't do online to save it's ass, it isn't Pokken's fault the Wii U was a shit twinkie, and Pokken can't help the breakdown of players that like Pokemon an own a Wii U, people who like Fighting games and own a Wii U, and people who like both Pokemon and Fighting games, and own a Wii U.
>>
>>31476446
>No Chessnaught
That's a good thing, retard.

If Chesnaught was included in Pokken, nobody would buy or play it out of righteous anger.
>>
It's based on tekken and was on the WiiU. Thats what went wrong.
>>
>>31469885
I'm fine with the roster, except a few choices like Braixen and 2 Pikachus. My complaint would be gameplay itself. I just didn't like it. I can't give enough reasons, because I only played for a short amount, but it wasn't the type of FIghting game I like.
>>
UPDATE

FUCKING

W H E N
>>
They put Machamp in but no hitmonchan.
Litterally the only thing holding the game back is it wasnt on a sony console.
>>
Since they are dropping support for the WIi U, does that mean DLC never?
>Scizor never
>>
>>31469885
Roster consisting of fillers like Pikachu Libre and shitty shillmons everyone is sick of

Tries to be an actual fighting game when most of the Pokemon fan base wanted a casual masher with Xbox hueg roster ala smash or even the DBZ games

Cumbersome local multiplayer, barren single player

Pii U exclusive
>>
>>31477002
No one knows
They might go extra jew and release a Pokken Deluxe for Switch with all DLC characters included
>>
Is literally Anime pandemic + shit Tekken + dead console + shit online

Everyone wait for Smash Bros ft. +50 Pokémon
>>
>>31470080
>Make Field Phase and Duel Phase different modes
And destroy a unique aspect the game had? I'd much rather they make the phase shift system more transparent or revamp it in such a way that it becomes more easily predictable when exactly phase shifts occur, as it currently stands it's just counting invisible points that accumulate from attacks.
>tag mode
An actually good idea. The Pokemon and their movesets are simple enough that learning how to play two or more of them and make the battles involve switching like in every other piece of Pokemon media would be cool.
>>
>>31469885
>fighting game
>fucking huge

Unless you're a """""fighting game""""" like smash bros, that isn't happening. The masses simply cannot into the genre.

They also have absurd expectations for the roster without realizing how much work it is to make a fighting game character compared to an RPG sprite.
>>
>>31477068
>extra jew
>releasing with all DLC already included
Something does not compute
>>
>>31477142
People have a good idea as to what goes into making a fightan game character, which is all the more reason people were pissed over 2 Mewtwo and 2 Pikachu.
>>
File: 1471657627612.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1471657627612.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>31469983
>12 characters is relatively large
compared to what, street fighter 2? skullgirls? them's fightin herds?
>>
>>31476977
And why is this supposed to be a problem? They aren't counterparts and there's nothing hitmonchan does that Machamp already doesn't do (and better, at that).
>>
>>31469885
Small roster for a series with now over 800+ creatures, clones taking up slots in a game that had over 800+ to choose from (people are correct in being pissed about two Pikas and Mewtwos, that was so fucking stupid) and it was on the Wii U.
>>
>>31477734
Notice how those games were first or early entries in their series, faggot.

It doesn't matter how many visual designs they have to pull from, a dozen mechanically different characters is normal for the first fighting game in a series.
>>
>>31477895
Yeah bro lmao all you have to do is choose a mon lol it's not like you have to actually design and balance it as a fighting game character or anything haha

People like you are what kill good games
>>
>>31477921
But we don't even know if we're getting a sequel. It didn't sell that much compared to what the series usually knows and they might not be willing to go out on a limb like that again.
>>
>>31477921
you're right it's totally fair to compare Street Fighter 2 (1991) to Pokken (2015)
>>
>>31477864
The smaller body frame would allow for some different gameplay. I always got the impression that Machamp was more a grappler thing whereas Hitmonchan would be a good ol fashiond fisticuffs thing, too. Kinda like Clark vs Ralf in KoF.
>>
>>31477935
>Yeah bro lmao all you have to do is choose a mon lol it's not like you have to actually design and balance it as a fighting game character or anything haha

It would've been so easy to make Pika-Libre into Hawlucha but they shat out Pika anyways. Also not to mention that there's plenty of Pokemon to easily design moves for, that's why there's fucking twats on YouTube who suggest shit like that for a living but they couldn't do the same when making the game.
>>
>>31477972
Of course, suggesting is just as easy as actually creating. That's why all these "idea guys" are basically video game developers!
>>
File: IMG_3227.jpg (85KB, 650x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3227.jpg
85KB, 650x564px
>>31477938
Yeah because the only issues about character development are graphics right? Gameplay and different roles/playstyles literally are unlimited and have nothing to do with roster size of the very first game
>>
>>31477938
>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR

What the fuck does the year have to do with the logistics of designing a game? Name a single NEW fighting franchise in any year with more than a dozen or so characters.
>>
>>31477988
>>31478005
You've clearly never played a fighting game, if you've ever played a single competitive game in your life that is. Either way shut up so we never have to hear your bullshit.
>>
>>31477985
I'm just saying, the actual moveset designs would be piss easy to make but they shit out clones anyways and that screams laziness. All they have to do is take Pokemon like Infernape who would be piss easy to actually design and be put into the game and fans would eat it up, but we get Pika-Libre.
>>
File: IMG_2714.png (177KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.png
177KB, 501x506px
>>31478026
>You've clearly never played a fighting game
Even if that were true, playing one doesn't make you a legitimate game developer. What a fucking ridiculous counter argument
>>
>>31478036
> the actual moveset designs would be piss easy to make

Shitting out vague ideas for a moveset isn't the same as actually making one. As actually figuring out the exact properties, synergies, balancing etc of moves. Fuck off with your "idea guy" shit.
>>
>>31478121
>As actually figuring out the exact properties, synergies, balancing etc of moves.

Alright, fair enough but please try and fucking justify Pika-Libre's existence as a fighter over Hawlucha. They'd be roughly the same size, have some of the same move properties and everything, so please explain on why they would do so outside of not having to create an entirely new model or sheer greed for slapping another Pikachu's face onto it.
>>
>>31477935
> Detect the Pikafag/Mewtwofag

If I don't like that all the roster is a fucking popularmon spam, I will not buy the game. They killing the game for many people when they abused with that spam putting two Pikachus and two Mewtwo instead other Pokémon. Where are the representative rock Pokémon? Where are the non-organic Pokémon (not counting Chandelure)?

I would have the same experience with the Tekken roster. What's the difference between humans and human-like Pokémon?

My protest against a shitty roster is not to buy the game. That's all.
>>
>>31478169
>justify Pika-Libre's existence as a fighter over Hawlucha

I'm not trying to. I'm saying adding more characters isn't as simple as every idiot makes it sound. And Pika libre isn't what killed the game, that's a petty complaint at best.
>>
>>31478174
Nobody is defending clones you fucking retard. THe point is that "800 pokemon = 800 fighters!" is absolutely absurd if you have even the slightest idea of how video games are made.
>>
>>31478190
>I'm saying adding more characters isn't as simple as every idiot makes it sound.

It isn't as simple, definitely, but compared to creating the engine and everything needed to make it stand out as a fighting game, it's much easier to do.
>>
>>31478218
And that's where most of the development went, since it's the first fighting game in the series made on an entirely new engine. That's how it always works.
>>
>>31478174
>all the roster is a fucking popularmon spam
>Machamp
>Weavile
>Chandelure
>Croagunk
>being anywhere close as Charizard/Lucario/Gardevoir/Pikachu prmotion

>Where are the non-organic Pokémon (not counting Chandelure)?
>not counting Chandelure
>not counting the pokemon im looking for in a game
Really?
>>
>>31478238
I suppose, but the choices are beyond bizarre if they knew they wouldn't be able to have that many characters. They chose Pokemon that most people wouldn't care about without caring about any possible repercussions because they thought they could get away with it, but they didn't think that this could be bigger than it was actually supposed to be and then it flopped.

I do believe that this could've helped sell Wii U's like Smash did, but they didn't capitalize on it well enough.
>>
>>31478287
>the roster choices didn't fit my personal biases therefore the game is bad

I hope this is bait.
>>
>>31478216
> Implying I want 800 characters

No. I want diversity, and Pokken doesn't have the diversity that I want. All but two Pokémon are clearly the same anatomy pattern, and sincerely, I don't find fun playing with human-like Pokémon in a fighting game when I know that exist other Pokémon that could be more fun to use.

I repeat, if the roster was the Tekken characters, I would have the same experience. At least Mokujin was fun to use. The Pokken roster is just a group of easy-complacency and furries.
>>
>>31478313
I'm not saying that, but a better roster would've helped sell the game much better than anything else. People would've taken a literal Tekken clone if it meant that the roster was more appealing. I know that some of the popularity pandering is pretty bad, but having Greninja over Braixen would've gone a long way in getting kids to buy the game.
>>
>>31478287
>They chose Pokemon that most people wouldn't care about without caring about any possible repercussions
U wot? They chose literally among the most relevant designs for marketability. Could you maybe rephrase that
>>
>>31478336
Mokujin was still human-shaped, faggot.

This is again the "just make it work!" mentality, without considering how it would actually work, and just assuming it would be easy for the devs to do, or even worth doing.

Also who says they would be more fun to use just because they're shaped differently? All your complaints have do with anything but gameplay. My favorites didn't get in either, but I really enjoy the game, and find in-game favorites. Even Pokemon I hate like Blaziken are fun to play. That's the important thing.
>>
>>31474155
Actually yes. Keep crying tho, cuck.
>>
>>31478336
>I don't find fun playing with human-like Pokémon
>first fighting game based heavily in many other fighting games that have mostly human characters for realistic and timebound goal setting of gameplay development
>this is somehow bad
What you want >>31470095 ??
>>
File: IMG_3048.jpg (50KB, 960x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3048.jpg
50KB, 960x507px
>>31478413
>>
>>31478397
Braixen maybe marketable, but not for a fighting game. I guess they didn't choose enough very "strong" looking pokemon to get kids to grab a fighting game, something that they don't really do unless it's something simple like Smash Bros. Kids don't want shit like Braixen, they want Greninja and Tyranitar and all that shit, y'know?
>>
>>31478274
>>Weavile
>>Chandelure
>>Croagunk
I don't know if Machamp is, but those three are very popular in Japan.

Important mention in Chandelure who was the TOP 1 of the V Gen. And about it... see pic related. It is not very different with regard the the other human-like ones. I want to see things that I don't see in other fighting games: birds, things like Electrode or Aegislash... Half human is not very important to me.
>>
>>31478488
like what, Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo, EDGY Mewtwo, Blaziken, and maybe Machamp? Yeah man totally if only they included those in the game imagine how hot this game could be!
>>
>>31478437
> all gens
Yes
> body types
Yes
> number of legs
No
> starters
No
> elemental types
Yes
> height
No
> weight
No
> color
No
>>
>>31478525
No kid picks Jigglypuff or Ness in Smash if they don't know who they are because they're "cutesy." What makes you think they'll want to play as Braixen and a Pikachu that isn't like Ash's?
>>
>>31477864
>no elemental punches that actually mean something for once.
>no super where hitmonchan has all the other hitmons kick your ass while it finishes the attack.
Missed opportunity
>>
>>31478437
Honestly? As if it was any reasonably hard to come up with a varied roster. The devs literally had half the job (access to the entire Pokédex and specs) done for them.

Even if you don't aim (and don't have to aim) to the level of >>31470095, it would have been so trivial to add some extra diversity that the fact that it just shows so jarringly.

Could have picked any of the "humanesque with a tail" fighters out, or just right out not and do full add, and get us say, Camerupt, Drapion, Skarmory and or Lickilicky. And if you want more Legendary representation, something like Reshiram or Deoxys.
>>
>no hitmontop meaning no capoeira fighting style in a fighting game
You could just copy a Tekken characters moveset onto a pokemon it'd be amazing.
>>
>>31478556
>not responding to what I posted whatsoever and spinning to a different topic

ah I see totally that absolutely convinced me
>>
>>31478509
But they still arent the most popular. Greninja alone is a huge counter against this criticism that they aren't choosing ONLY the most marketable

As much as I also want variety, you are, again, like 90% of people complaining about the roster, ignoring the development aspect of the game. Your example
>Electrode
Can you at least give me five different close-quarter physical move other than rolling/ramming into the target with slightly different angles? And five ranged moves with at least three not overlapping with existing ones and aren't just elemental animation swaps?
>>
>>31478461
Not an argument retard.
>>
>>31478593
Fucking this. Thanks a lot to understand me.
>>
>>31478593
>he thinks having visual characters designs to choose from is half the job

holy shit
>>
Pokken's problem is that it missed both audiences. The license alone wasn't enough to draw the hardcore audience away from more popular fighting games, while the game didn't have enough content to keep the casual audience interested. The home version really needed a more in-depth single player campaign to make people play the game long enough to want to get better at it.

I mean, it's a licensed Pokemon game. Surely they could have found a way to work the collection aspect into the single-player mode. Maybe a mission mode where you have to clear battles under certain conditions (time, using a specific type of Pokemon, not taking a certain amount of damage, ect), but can only use Pokemon and supports you've "captured" from specific missions.
>>
>>31478593
>pick a bunch of vague shit no one cares about to appease my personal autism
>this would make it a better game
>>
>>31478593
>As if it was any reasonably hard to come up with a varied roster
Taking into accounts playstyles and development/coding, yes.
>>
>>31478643

Ebin.
>>
>>31478633
What I was trying to point out was that they didn't load it with enough of them to win kids over. Why bother picking up Pokken when Smash has Charizard, Lucario AND Greninja? They should've tried to hit all the bases if they could've but they didn't.
>>
>>31478664
and you just realized that? Why did you think he is capable of thinking when he yells MUH ROASTER in the first place?
>>
>>31478694
>they need at least 50 strong-looking pokemon to win over the kids
can you please leave the thread and do evweyone a favor here?
>>
>>31470332
>the fanbase only cares about 20 out of 800+ Pokemon

This is bait, right?
>>
If /vp/ had made pokken it at least wouldv'e had a decent storymode by the sound of it.
Also mawile/sableye/lugia would've been in it.
>>
>>31478755
>implying they could put in every pokemon the fanbase cares about
>>
Too many stupid fire pokemons. And the arcade mode also doesn't have any storyline. Gets boring after a while. But the battling and graphic is pretty awesome.
>>
>>31478788
>wouldv'e had a decent storymode
just like all those brilliant edgy romhacks, right?
>>
>>31478642
>Can you at least give me five different close-quarter physical move other than rolling/ramming into the target with slightly different angles?

> Biting
> Exploding
> Bouncing
> Electrocute with its body
> Create light electric charges as if they were tips

Just use your imagination. I like to use my imagination, I imagine how all Pokémon fight, and that's the reason of my disappointment with this roster. Do you think Electrode couldn't fight? Okay, but if I were a developer maybe you could see it.
>>
File: 1464986673936.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1464986673936.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>31469885
>What went wrong?
It came out on the Wii U at the wrong time.

I'm expecting a Switch port of the game, personally, but I'm not keeping my hopes up until Absol gets in, because fuck the dev's "Muh bias won't let me" narrative.
>>
>>31478815
>game marketed to kids and Manchildren
>not edgy
>>
>>31478745
Nice spelling, faggot.

Tell me, do you really think that the people who like Pokken's roster are a majority or a minority? Obviously, if it's the latter, then they did something wrong in creating it.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.