[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing past gen 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

>playing past gen 4
>>
File: 1467415207428.jpg (85KB, 900x687px) Image search: [Google]
1467415207428.jpg
85KB, 900x687px
>playing past gen 4
>>
>>31465962
>playing previous to gen 4
>>
>>31466017
Playing gen 4
>>
>playing
>>
>>31465962

Gen 6 is the only real unnessesary gen

Gen 5 and 7 are essential
>>
>>31465962
I actually like gen 6
>>
>He plays even numbered gens

1 3 5 and 7 are the only good gens
>>
>>31465962
I only do out of nostalgia.

HGSS were the last games I genuinely enjoyed.
>>
>>31465962
Jokes on you I've only played through gens 1-4. I dropped gen 5 before the first gym and never played any of 6 or 7
>>
>>31465962
Yeah, Gen 4 was terrible enough that it got me to drop the franchise for a while, too. Didn't even bother getting the Gen 2 remakes.

Friend finally got me to give it another shot, and I'm glad he did. Things really improved after Gen 5.
>>
>>31466365
>Things really improved after Gen 5.
objectively not true

Gen 5 had the least improvements, and even damaged it with the 3 pokemon limit for gyms and 4 for the Elite 4 that continued on to gen 6.

Thank God gen 7 was a step back into the right direction.
>>
File: Tapu Bullshit.jpg (91KB, 960x912px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu Bullshit.jpg
91KB, 960x912px
>>31465962
>playing past Gen 5
>>
>Playing gens that aren't 2 or 5
>>
>playing gen 5 at all
>>
>>31466376
HAs Anon. Before receiving Drought and Drizzle would wolud have to be retarded to use Ninetales or Politoed, or even Dragonite over Salamence.
>>
>>31466248
holy fuck... really makes u think
>>
>>31466403
Hidden abilities weren't a new concept, they're a third or second ability given to a Pokemon.

The only thing different is that they don't work with Ability Capsules.

Comparing HAs to Day and Night, Natures and Abilities in general, Physical/Special split, online play or Megas is stupid.

You kids are going to have to try harder to find something better.
>>
File: tothis.jpg (43KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
tothis.jpg
43KB, 500x244px
>>31465962
>playing anything other than our glorious Gen 1
>>
>>31465962
I agree. Gens 5,6,7 are a whole level shittier than the first four.
>>
File: 1484857559932.png (55KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1484857559932.png
55KB, 500x333px
>playing any gen
>>
>>31466017
This.
I find it nearly impossible after the special/psychical split
>>
>>31466376
On the contrary, gen 5 was the first gen to remove the pointless padding and double mon many gym leaders had and added some semblance of a challenge to the game both because of the near perfect level scaling, better use of opponent's movesets and NPCs using items.

Gen 6 however went back on that with Gen 7 pushing things further into the depths by removing legitimate content and game modes for essentially flashy tricks.
>>
>>31466429
>Comparing HAs to Day and Night
HAs clearly come out on top over day and night. The former was an improvement and the latter was a detriment.

It's also worth noting that online play barely worked in gen 4 and it took gen 5 to fix it.
>>
>>31467244
you mean it took gen 6 to fix it

the point is that day and night were something new, if day and night isn't good, breeding on its own is more important than anything gen 5 shat out
>>
>>31466716
This nigga gets it
Also, before G4 there was no snow. I love snow.
>>
>>31467225
>gen 5 was the first gen to remove the pointless padding and double mon many gym leaders had
No gym leader used double mons in Platinum.
You know who did? Elesa.
>>
>>31467358
>you mean it took gen 6 to fix it
Eh, it added a few little things like being able to search for a mon you don't own on the GTS but other than that online was perfected in gen 6.

>the point is that day and night were something new
And? If it was straight up bad when it was introduced that won't change anything in the long run.

>breeding on its own is more important than anything gen 5 shat out
Well aside from Triples, Rotations, infinite TMs, Global Link, Pass/O Powers, the Charms, even the repel prompt.

Aside from getting copies of things like starters breeding was kind of a cancer because it turned pokemon from a fun little adventure RPG to a numbers game since the moment it came about.
Then there's the babies.
>>
>>31467533
Gen 5*
>>
>>31467225
>removing legitimate content and game modes for essentially flashy tricks.
Megas are more popular than the PWT or Unova Link ever were.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.