[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really so completely and utterly useless? I mean, I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: festivalplaza.jpg (35KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
festivalplaza.jpg
35KB, 400x240px
Is it really so completely and utterly useless? I mean, I get the fact that it's not fun or interesting in any way, but is there literally NOTHING it makes easier or faster somehow? Like, how is it even possible that it has no usefulness even in EV training / breeding and stuff?

Why does Festival Plaza even fucking exist?
>>
>>31463189
Join Avenue's shops had much more variety, and there were more spaces for stalls. The antique shops, dojos, cafes and florists were fucking bliss.
>>
>>31463189
To get version exclusive clothing
>>
>>31463189
the one useful things come out from exploiting it
>>
If only it had a Ball Maker or sold the Johto balls then it wouldn't be as useless
>>
File: 1484668162524.png (118KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1484668162524.png
118KB, 540x304px
>have to use this shit gimmick to use online features
>so unintuitive I had to use google to find out how to trade with 3DS friends

The worst part of S&M tbqh
>>
I only use it for the daily phrases but if you miss a day they don't randomize the following day and it seems you can only get about four per tent.
>>
>>31463189
there's no good grinding spots in the game so it's for levelling up your pokemon to level 100, so you can use bottle caps

get 2 ***** rare kitchens and you level up a pokemon from level 66 to 98 in seconds

>just inject lol etc
>>
>>31463189
Since you can't use Google and need spoonfeeding, there's a cafe that raises the level of your Pokemon by 9. It's also stocked with another meal that raises your Pokemon's Level by 7 and a bunch of other meals, so you can easily level up 20 times in a row.
>>
>>31463222
Is this literally it? From the 300 or so """different""" shops and """options""" it has, its usefulness comes down to getting three more shirts? Which most players don't even give a shit about?

>>31463234
Are you referring to getting this Bottle Cap thing by repeatedly getting one shop in exchange for 200 FCs or so? So, essentially wasting about one hour for one perfect IV?

How is the fact that it takes 5 times the time breeding would normally take justified?

I swear, I've been googling for the last hour, trying to rationalize the existence of Festival Plaza, but I've yet to see a SINGLE useful use out of it.
>>
>when you spent half you time hunting for shops
Mananged to get a 5 star red and yellow. Cannot find a green shop for the life of me.
>>
>>31463254
Daily phrases? Aren't those used just to get more FCs? And considering FCs have no use, isn't it pointless to gather them?

>>31463287
That's it? So, that will save me 8 whole minutes where I'll have to frantically answer type-match questions to gather FCs instead of spamming A to level-up in the League. Thanks, but I'll take spamming A instead. I can do that while watching ship TV shows, whereas FC missions require too much attention.
>>
>>31463311
>How is the fact that it takes 5 times the time breeding would normally take justified?

1- you can breed legendaries
2- so that you can get hidden power with maxed IVs
3- .... maybe if you got a shiny with a good nature and want to use it online?

idk Hyper Training sucks and should definitely be improved but it made possible things that were otherwise near impossible to get legally
>>
>>31463354
There's always the infinite FC exploit, tedious as it is. You wait for your plaza to fill up with requests, save the game, enter the plaza, fill those requests, go onto the internet connection screen and turn off wireless after saving, exit the plaza, soft reset and repeat.

Remember when EVERY guest in Join Avenue allowed you to get points by directing them to somewhere, and that shops could level up as well? Good times.
>>
>>31463396
Okay, so to sum it up, there are three useful things in Festival Plaza:

1. Leveling-up Legendaries and Shinies so you can then Hyper Train them. While it would take 4 hours or so through normal training, in Festival Plaza you can save 10 minutes or so

2. Gives you access to Bottle Caps for use in Legendaries and Shinies

3. Gives you the option to buy 3 more shirts and 2 more pairs of shocks, as well as colour your clothes with 4 more colors

Anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>31463354
>Daily phrases? Aren't those used just to get more FCs?
Are they? Looks like I wasted FCs then.
>>
>>31463467
Again, why bother collecting FCs when there's essentially nothing to spend them on?
>>
>>31463189
>Is it really so completely and utterly useless?

Not with high level shops but getting high level shops is a giant pain in the ass so for all intents and purposes yes. My plaza's level 20-something and I'm still getting offered 2 star shops and sometimes they'll be shops what I already have. What's more, some shops are version exclusive.

All in all I wish that the PSS had remained unchanged.
>>
>>31463189
How the fuck do you even unlock the 6 and 7 star courses in the Bouncy houses? I've read somewhere that you have to be Champion, but I still haven't unlocked those.
>>
>>31463515
Why bother? They literally have zero usefulness. It would take you around 2 hours to max our EVs through Bouncy Houses, while normal EV training only takes 5-10 minutes.
>>
>>31463515
Don't shops only go up to 5 stars?
>>
>>31463207
Sure but that would mean actually having to play through BW2.
>>
>>31463248
>Literally too retarded to figure out how to trade

Doesn't sound like the game's fault to me.
>>
>>31463566
Not that anon, but I had to do the same. It's pretty roundabout
>>
>>31463566
>>31463579
Sometimes waiting for a friend to show up on the guest list is "fun".
>>
>>31463515
Gotta talk to people who come to your plaza. Look for nips wearing colored clothes that you can't buy in the stores, they're usually the ones with the nice shops. That or you can SR for shops after you level up.
>>
>>31463566
It is faulty when PSS was superior in every single way.
>>
>>31463663
>you can SR for shops after you level up.

I've tried SRing for shops and they were fixed, is there a timing to do so or some sort of step I'm missing like the FC exploit needing you to exit the plaza before SRing?
>>
>>31463696
You gotta level up, and not enter the castle until you're about to level up again. Exit and save, then do some connectivity bullshit that'll give you enough FC to level you up again when you talk to the player you communicated with. Enter the castle, do whatever with the bullshit Sophocles pulls out of his arse, talk to the guest and level up, and Sophocles will offer you a random facility.
>>
>>31463274
>get 2 ***** rare kitchens and you level up a pokemon from level 66 to 98 in seconds
You forgot all the time spent grinding FC.
>>
>go to fortune teller
>get fortune
>if "you will have good luck in Wonder Trade"
>go inside castle
>stand next to table on right
>Wonder Trade
>Talk to NPC representation of person you just traded with
>get shit tons of FC
>>
>>31463730
Basically a double level up in succession. Will try it for a green dye shop. Thanks for the feedback anon.

>>31463752
Do the FC exploit pal, I used to do missions on a daily basis until I caught on the exploit and went from level 70 to 100 in around 30 mins while I did some other stuff irl.

>>31463783
While this is good the best one is definitely "You will have good luck in the Festival Plaza" as that thing multiplies x3 or so everything you do including Wonder Trades.
>>
>>31463813
What exploit?
>>
>>31463663
I have the 5* Bouny houses, but not the courses 6 and 7 despite being Champion
>>
>>31464196
The full power of stalls isn't unlocked until plaza level 40
>>
>>31464522
The fuck. How come you know that after I've checked in every nook and cranny online and haven't found shit. Thanks a lot m8
>>
>>31463189
same question here, what a bullshit
>>
>>31463875

Read the thread. Anyways here it is because I can't trust anons to know how to do anything. >>31463467
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.