[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /vp/ resort to insulting Muk or Magneton or Electrode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: vanilluxe.png (26KB, 364x408px) Image search: [Google]
vanilluxe.png
26KB, 364x408px
Why does /vp/ resort to insulting Muk or Magneton or Electrode or any other Gen 1 Pokemon with a trash design when someone insults a recent Pokemon design?

Are you incapable of understanding that there are old designs and new designs that people can simultaneously hate?
>>
ice cream is a good mon and people only hate it because they're plebs
>>
Depends on the reasons they give for hating on newer gens. When they say 'gen V is trash because of le objectmons' it's shit reasoning because Electrode and Magneton exist.
>>
>>31462208
I agree with you, though I think muk and vaniluxe are good designs.
>>
>>31462208
You're not understanding.

Those people aren't bringing up Muk or Magneton because they think they are bad, they bring them up because no one had a problem with said Pokemon even though they're also not animals and that unlike Vanillite's line they have aspects about them that can't exist in nature.

Muk exists because of pollution
Magnemite has naturally occuring horseshoe magnets and screws on its body,

No one batted an eye or considered these to be a problem and just went with it.

Vanillite is an icicle with snow coating but it looks like ice cream. There are pictures in nature pointing to its real life basis even and people still freak out with their "ruined forever" talk.

The reason why the Gen 1 stuff is brought up is to point out how inconsistent nostalgiafags are, not to throw Muk and Voltorb under a bus.
>>
>>31462208

Because the 'ice cream' is better designed than any of the gen 1 shitmons

Hell, it isn't even actually ice cream, it's actually snow on icicles
>>
>>31462478
>Hell, it isn't even actually ice cream, it's actually snow on icicles
Just like the "Pokeball" isn't actually a pokeball.
>>
File: Klinklang.full.2022086.jpg (338KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
Klinklang.full.2022086.jpg
338KB, 842x595px
>>31462275
Pretty much this i love all objectmons
>>
>>31462489

"During the study of this Pokémon, it was discovered that its components are not found in nature."

"Voltorb is extremely sensitive - it explodes at the slightest of shocks. It is rumored that it was first created when a Poké Ball was exposed to a powerful pulse of energy."

"Voltorb was first sighted at a company that manufactures Poké Balls. The link between that sighting and the fact that this Pokémon looks very similar to a Poké Ball remains a mystery."

"It was discovered when Poké Balls were introduced. It is said that there is some connection."

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Voltorb_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2
>>
>>31462543
Fine then, the "eggs" aren't eggs, they're seeds.

Doesn't make the design any less shit, does it?
>>
>>31462553
>Fine then, the "eggs" aren't eggs, they're seeds.
They recanted that in Alola.
>>
File: genwar_bingo.jpg (339KB, 777x922px) Image search: [Google]
genwar_bingo.jpg
339KB, 777x922px
>vanilluxe line as OP pic
>OP talking about pokemon designs
>Compares gen I and gen V
I want a good clean genwar thread
>>
>>31462506
Absolute fine taste m8. Now if we talk about furrymons I fucking hate them.
>>
Muk and Electrode are OK because they are supposed to be this RPG's Slime and Mimic
The problem is that they just Evolve from smaller versions of themselves

The ice cream and the garbage on the other hand are just straight-up uninspired, lazy trash
>>
why use icemon then?

take trashevo or lancebug instead
>>
>>31462208
Vanilluxe is cute! Cuuute!
>>
>>31462506
I can stand most of them but what you posted is and will always be bullshit.

No features, no life signs, nothing but some gears stuck together that just happen to move on their own. Sorry, I fail to see an actual pokemon in Klinklang line. Magnemite at least has an eye, most itemons have faces. This has two dots and an x put in a way that you can't even pretend they make up some facial features.
>>
>>31466131
This is the reason people bring up the Magnemite, Grimer and Voltorb lines as a counter argument. This reply here perfectly sums up nostalgia fags. They like their Gen 1 'actual Pokemon', dislike the new Pokemon, and fail to see how they are exactly the fucking same.
>>
>>31466131
You yourself mentioned how Kink has more of a face/life signs/features than magnemite, making your point obsolete. I'd say a face made of an 0 eye, X eye and a nose is more of a face than just one eye.
>>
>>31465393
>uninspired, lazy trash
Explain more, please. For example, why do you think of them as uninspired?
>>
>>31465393
>>31466131
Shit like this always makes me laugh
>>
>>31462208
To note the hypocrisy of people saying it's an "objectively" bad design because it's both simplistic and based on an object rather than an animal. All traits that those Gen 1 mon share.
>>
>>31465393
Electrode isn't a mimic in the slightest mainly because GF didn't understand what made a mimic a mimic while creating it.
Basically the line is just a Pokeball with some crude facial features rather than what a mimic really is, a creature mimicking a chest or a creature within the chest. As far as being accurate to the theme the only true mimic in the series is the Amoongus line.

Muk is just a generic and lazy slime
>>
>>31462208
I like literally all Pokemon. I can't bring myself to hate any. Lowest I'll go is just "meh, it's OK".
>>31462275
THIS
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.