[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I have wanted from the beginning of pokemon is...that any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ashyboy.jpg (28KB, 367x266px) Image search: [Google]
Ashyboy.jpg
28KB, 367x266px
What I have wanted from the beginning of pokemon is...that any pokemon can always use any move it has ever learned.

Sure it creates bigger fight menus but you can place all the most useful ones at the top of the list anyway.

Explain to me how this would completely destroy the game?
>>
>>31461498
Every pokemon can use sub, boost to their final form and kill. The battle literally becomes "x wins from turn 1
>>
>>31461498
Every single pokemon can use double team and substitute.
It becomes a boosting-dominated metagame.
It's a really bad idea. Even expanding moveslots to 6 moves suddenly makes some Pokemon extremely overpowered.
>>
>>31461531
And this is mostly because so much now has perfect coverage. You can almost not anticipate anymore. Hyper offense becomes the norm, walls are pointless if everything carries both special and physical super effective moves.
>>
>>31461498
It wouldn't destroy the game, just make it a very different one.

For a start, it'd remove any decision making process over moves, what coverage to have, how many STAB moves etc.

This would a. make all pokemon functionally the same. You wouldn't have a unique moveset built for a purpose, because everyone had all the moves all the time.

It'd also remove a lot of the guessing and risk against an opponent. You KNOW they have the move, the only question is whether they've statted to use it optimally.

It'd also remove any ability to PP stall moves. Plays like "If i let X die to Fireblast, then Y will be home free", because, well, they'll probably have a back up. Especially if it's STAB.

Any set up plays would be gone, because almost everything would have taunt or phasing, moves that will often be on only one specific pokemon.

And of course, larger move pool mons will gain a massive advantage over lesser ones. Haxorus LOVES having both dances, the option between Dragon Claw AND Outrage, checks left depending AND all it's coverage moves.

Something like Talonflame or KlingKlang... it's got very little else TOO run outside about 5 moves. They're entire plays will become entirely predictable.

TL;DR:
No more suprises
No more individuality
No more strategic stalling
Set up is severely diminished
Powerful mons get coverage for ALL the things.
Shallow movepools kill the mon,
>>
That would give any Pokemon with wide coverage an unfair advantage, for starters. Dragon types would once again be a nightmare because they would have an answer to everything.
>>
>>31461498
>Smeargle gets every move in the game
I don't think you've thought this through, OP.
>>
If instead of letting all mons use all their learned moves all the time like OP said we had what the move relearner does as an overworld effect that can be used at any time except when already in battle, how would the game change?
>>
>>31461593
Ah, I can't believe I forgot this in the OP. I think pp should be a flat pool of ~30 in this scenario. So you run out of energy quicker in some cases.
>>
>>31461498
>Pokemon has access to any move it naturally learns
>Pokemon can learn up to four additional moves by TM/breed/tutor
>>
>>31462054
>>31461593
Not OP, but I've also wanted to see what a game would be like with getting rid of the 4 move restriction, and these are all problems.

I think that the only way to make this work would be to very severely limit the moves that Pokemon can get, so that you don't always have incredible coverage/set up ability, and go for a total PP rather than by move PP like you said.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.