[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the end did you enjoy OR/AS more than S/M?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image010.jpg (49KB, 525x371px) Image search: [Google]
image010.jpg
49KB, 525x371px
I'm going to replay OR/AS to see if I enjoy them more than S/M.
>>
>>31457183
Yes. It's a faster game without all the "muh plot" bullshit.
>>
>>31457183
I did. Flows better and restrictions feel natural.
(can't go into the desert because you don't have the goggles yet not because some fucker is hunting for items there)
>>
I like SM a lot, but I don't see myself replaying it any time soon because the story and cutscenes are a bit much. The overall package of SM I like more, it resents a better looking game world and it really helped the style of the game progress. However, it also removed really good features like PSS and Secret Bases and SM doesn't even have a Street Pass function.
the things about SM I like most are the quality of life changes that make grinding easier, but there are some pretty big gaps in the game's design.
>>
>>31457183
I loved Ruby/Saphire more, because it felt new and ORAS has had really ugly graphics and textures, but overall it had a much better story.
>>
>>31457183
yeah. i would never replay through SuMo story.
>>
File: 1484646476249.jpg (8KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1484646476249.jpg
8KB, 227x222px
>>31457183
Anything is better than SuMo, even that trash.
>>
>>31457183
I liked SM campaign more in the first run compared with ORAS. However I cannot replay that game. It's just too much.

Honestly I just went back to the DS games.
>>
>>31457183
Definitely, the only thing that can save Sun and Moon to me is when a hack comes out to make it playable.

Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire are probably the best mods for Pokemon outside of the Blaze Black and Volt White series.
>>
>>31457212
I think Hoenn had the best balancing between plot and self-exploration.
>>
>>31457183
ORAS was pretty bad too, but at least it was quick and the meta was actually kinda acceptable. Sun and Moon wanted to be like X/Y, but they actually were even worse. 95% of the games is cutscenes and shitty story with overly goofy and cartoony characters. Most new mons are bad, look like shit or are too rare and even the meta only consists of cancerous Tapus and UBs on every fucking team. I guess i'm gonna stay in Gen 6 until the support is killed and or bank is updated.
>>
Who the fuck replays Pokemon games
>>
Ok so we really are in the Gen 6 nostalgia phase ?
As for the question, ehhh hard to say since never got to play ORAS. I know everything about it, but never got to play it personally, although I am after this exam session
>>
IMO

ORAS >> SM > or = XY

SM is slightly better than XY but ORAS is far better than both of them. They're all mediocre though and I only played through any of them when I wasn't online battling.
>>
>>31459849
>Gen 6 nostalgia phase

No one said anything about nostalgia.
>>
>>31459849
I was going to sperg out on you but then I noticed that I'm actually nostalgic for XY.

It sure was fun quickly building teams for competitive. In SM everything is slow and tedious.
>>
I definitely enjoy ORAS more.
I've already gone back to playing it regularly.
I had bought a copy of Sun 'and' Moon, but loaned a friend Sun. He said he would keep it and buy me a new copy so that he wouldn't have to delete his save -- but now I think I'm going to just ask for the $39 back instead.
Might use it to buy OR or BW2.

I like most of the new pokémon in SM. But they're too few and far between, rare, etc. I hope they do regional variants of Johto-mons in the next game. I think Z-Moves are an interesting new game mechanic to make team-building and battling more fun. Though they could probably stand to be buffed a bit to better compete with the usual battle items (Assault Vest, Life Otb, Choice ____, Focus Sash, etc.).
And some other features are helpful (Isle Aphun's passive EV training, Isle Avue's passive egg hatching) -- yet at the same time there there was no reason to get rid of Super Training or not have an area like the Battle Resort's looping egg path. SM is one step forward and two steps back.
SM is also way too easy. (Yeah, sll Pokémon games are 'easy.' But SM almost hurts with how often they heal my pokémon mid-route.)
And the game has maybe 2 dungeons. No Victory Road. They stopped trying to make interesting/challenging trials after Mallow's. It's all very insulting.

tl;dr -- yes, ORAS, for all its faults, is better than SM (which I believe is the worst core series pokémon game).
>>
>>31457183
I think you mean that is a picture of me waiting for a girl who doesn't have a tattoo, doesn't smoke, doesn't already have kids, doesn't do drugs, has all her teeth, is actually a girl and not a mtf, is in my age range, lives in the same town as I do, and isn't fat or obese. Some chubby is alright, but you know what I mean.
>>
>>31460595
Where the hell do you live?
>>
>>31460682
Some town in Kentucky. I forgot to add to the list "not a slut", but if I said "is a virgin" then I might as well never find a girl ever.

I'm a guy who isn't financially stable (not even 20,000k despite 50 hours a week after taxes), doesn't live on my own, doesn't have secure jobs, skinnyfat, emotionally unstable, and "nice guy syndrome" so even I know I'm not desirable either.
Also I liked OR/AS more than S/M because gen 6 had triple battles.
>>
ORAS are my least favorite games in the franchise, while SM, in my opinion, are pretty great. So, no
>>
>>31460839
>I'm a guy who isn't financially stable (not even 20,000k despite 50 hours a week after taxes), doesn't live on my own, doesn't have secure jobs, skinnyfat, emotionally unstable, and "nice guy syndrome" so even I know I'm not desirable either.

So what are you doing to get your life together?

I think you should focus on yourself first. Create a life for yourself so that even if you don't have a girlfriend you could still be content.
>>
>>31460839
>I need my perfect woman
>I have nothing to offer her

lel
>>
>>31457183
no. ORAS was piss easy and the Hoenn region did not transition well into 3D. I also disliked the fact that megas were the centerfold of the entire plot for no reason other than "megas were introduced this gen", while SM had z-moves but they were treated as a natural part of the region instead of an important plot point.

SM also had a more interesting region and a less retarded plot. Anyone who genuinely thinks ORAS is superior is just being a contrary.
>>
>>31457183
When I got to Groudon it took so fucking long to soft reset and catch the nature I wanted that I literally didn't do it for about a year. I finished it before SM but only because I was right before the league and it felt unfinished. I haven't done any postgame content and I just don't feel motivated to ever do it.

Sun and Moon had that XY effect on me and my friends and we all raced to the end; only now postgame I've lost all motivation again. In XY at least the Destiny Knot was available but in SM I need to somehow do the Battle Tree or farm Meowths before I can even start breeding. Not to mention half my competitive team aren't available till Bank drops; I just don't care that much. It's nice that they streamlined HMs and menus and some other stuff, but then they take 2 steps back by dropping Super Training and easy breeding. I fucking give up.
>>
>>31460595
If you HAD to pick one of those flaws to have, what would it be?

My girl is perfect except she smokes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.