[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who Thought This Was A Good Idea? Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

>free for all battles run at >20 fps
>AI always targets you
>battle aren't determined by who has the most pokemon left, but who gets the most kills
>AI always steals your kills
you have to grind bp here or the battle tree for the destiny knot, as it's the only way to get one besides getting lucky with a level 50 pickup pokemon
>>
File: 647.jpg (58KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
647.jpg
58KB, 620x412px
>>31455864
>yfw Rotation, Sky, Inverse and 3-on-3 Battles were removed for this mode
>>
>>31455926
Triples and Rotation were removed because of Gamefreak's shitty optimization. The same that makes Doubles, Battle Royal, and Totem fights run like ass.
>>
>>31455864
If it's that big of a issue just homebrew your 3ds even. If your worried about bricking your ds don't be you have to be a autism to fuck it
>>
>>31456063
>be a autism
Fuck I'm stupid
>>
>>31455961
They worked in XY though. They could have just removed the trainer models during Triple and Rotation to run better instead of dumping them completely.
>>
File: 1484537380132.png (562KB, 1500x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1484537380132.png
562KB, 1500x1493px
>got lucky and beat master rank on my first try
>get idol style
>never have to play this shit mode again
>>
>>31455926
literally nobody liked sky battles you deluded fuck. You really thought you needed to pad your list with that stupid shit?

>>31456117
But don't you want a bunch of particle effects on your 20000 polygon count pokemon model when they use Z-moves, anon? :^)
>>
>>31455864
I fuckin' love this shit, I dunno what you're on about. Online battles in this format are super fun, too, it's a shame it seems to be dead most of the time.
>>
>>31456338
>why don't more people want to do this stupid shit with me when it runs at a silky smooth 60 frames per hour and ends when the first player is out instead of the last player standing?

it's a mystery
>>
>>31456351
It makes for some crazy moments, and you really gotta rethink your strategy. Runs fine on N3DS, only small dips sometimes.
Once had a battle where my only pokemon left was a frozen dragonite and everyone completely ignored it focusing on eachother trying to get enough points to win. I thawed out 3 turns later and took the winning kill with a boosted dragon claw.
>>
>>31456380
>Runs fine on N3DS
I can confirm this is absolute bullshit.
I probably get max 15 FPS at any given time in a double battle let alone in a four way, where I get like 10.
>>
>>31456564
I said fine, not amazing. Guess I just have lower standards than you for the animations in my turn-based RPGs.
>>
>>31455864
>level 50 pickup pokemon
I got it with a Meowth in the low 20s. Figured I'd pickup grind while looking for Bagon and I had the worst luck finding one. Found the Destiny Knot well before finding Bagon
>>
>>31456338
I think it's an alright alternative to grinding bp at the tree. The ai is so weird it got a chuckle out of me aa few times. The lag is torture, though.
>your three opponents mega evolve at the same time
>they all use Protect
>>
>>31455864
I like Royale in concept because the idea of strategically killing mons to rack up points while not dying makes for interesting tactics. Problem with the mode for me is the AI is absolute garbage that seems to only gang up on you and piss you off. I imagine Royale is fun with friends but not everyone has 3+ friends with 3DS's.
>>
>>31456891
That's what Battle Spot is for, but it takes a bit to get a match sometimes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.