[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you like to see a new status effect in future games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FFVII_Status_Screen_3.png (103KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Status_Screen_3.png
103KB, 640x480px
Personally, I'd like to see something like Petrify or Mushroom (like from Earthbound)
>>
A special counterpart to Burn maybe? How about headache? Psychic types are immune to it.
Also not exactly a new status but ice types really need a freeze inducing move that only they can learn.
>>
>>31448887
Autism: Your pokemon loses the ability to breed but gains a sharp accuracy increase

The Bad Aids: If your pokemon breeds the offspring have 0 IVs
>>
>>31448930
Bad Aids?
Is there a good version too?
>>
>>31449006
pokerus
>>
>>31448913
>Chilled
>The afflicted pokemon has a 50% chance to Flinch at the start of every turn
>Using or receiving Contact moves also has a 30% chance to Flinch (stacks)
>Ice types and pokemon with abilities that negate Flinching are immune
>maybe Ghost types, too

Like Paralysis, but for Ice types. Now they have their own status effect that isn't broken and relegated to "basically never gonna happen" percentages in Ice attacks, you know, like Freeze.
>>
Spin-offs have tried different types of "berserk" states (Hyper Mode in Colosseum, Mega Evolutions in SMD), so I wonder if there should be a proper Berserk status in the actual games.
>>
>>31448887
Special variant of confusion and burn
>>
I'd like to see Freeze reworked instead so that it's not Sleep but better. They bothered to tweak Burn so that it's not Poison but better, so let's do the same with Freeze, but this time turn it into a decent status effect.

>no longer prevents the afflicted pokemon from using moves until they thaw
>INSTEAD
>reduces the afflicted pokemon's DEF and SPD by 33% each
>all of the afflicted pokemon's moves will use twice as much PP (stacks with pressure. Basically, Pressure + Freeze = 4 PPs used up)
>if the afflicted pokemon is weak to ice type, their ATK and SPA will also be reduced by 33% each
>the afflicted pokemon takes triple damage from hail
>all moves with a chance to inflict freeze has their chance increased to a reasonable amount, and at least one new move can inflict guaranteed freeze
>>
>>31449195
Freeze really doesn't need a buff, it just needs to happen more often.
>>
>>31448913
>A special counterpart to Burn maybe? How about headache?
Great idea!, i don't know why they don't have anything like it yet
>Psychic types are immune to it.
Why?, if anything you want to use that effect on pshychics, since they're mostly special attack.
>>
>>31449178
This could work similarly to Pokemon ignoring your commands because your level is too low, but instead of doing nothing they just attack with a random move instead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.