[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Toxic poisons a Pokémon so it takes more HP each turn, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1774.png (195KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1774.png
195KB, 400x240px
So Toxic poisons a Pokémon so it takes more HP each turn, and just about every Pokémon can use the TM for it, right?

So why isn't the move more popular? I thought people liked a Pokémon that can status.
>>
But it is popular.
What bizarro world do you live in?
>>
It is very popular. Sometimes people choose to have coverage or other utility moves instead, though. But it's basically viable on almost any mon.
>>
What?
>>
>>31448829
>It's "anon has no idea about how the metagame works but will talk anyway" episode
>>
File: 1476444926578.jpg (14KB, 262x305px) Image search: [Google]
1476444926578.jpg
14KB, 262x305px
>>31448829
But it is popular?
>>
It is popular though.
It's the go to move when you can't think of a 4th move
>>
>>31448829
Except it is the best move for a defensive Pokémon and has great effect if its Poison-type (ignores the 90% accuracy to never fail).

Also Magearna can't learn the move. I don't know if its a glitch or was programmed to not learn it.
>>
Why was toxic made available to so many Pokemon? Wouldn't the poison type be significantly better if they had the most toxic users?
>>
It is popular
>>
>>31449645
>if its Poison-type (ignores the 90% accuracy to never fail)
I did not know this. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>31449645
Gen 7 also has a lot of fully evolved that can't learn Hyper Beam or Giga Impact (or both in the case of Oranguru).
>>
>>31449645
Toxic only has been around for 400 years and Magearna is man made and over 500 years old.
>>
>>31449666
I imagine every pokemon throwing a bottle of poison
>>
>>31449666
>Why was toxic made available to so many

Cause everyone knows that britney spears song
>>
>>31449689

NON POISON/STEEL EVADEFAGS BTFO
>>
>>31449666
At least Poison types get that 100% (never miss) accuracy with the move, so that's something.
>>
>>31449928
Apparently during semi-inv turns, too.
>>
>>31449955
>semi-inv turns
what
>>
>>31449976
Fly/Dive/Dig. Just like how No Guard works.
>>
>>31448829
It's popular as fuck, are you dumb?

Moves like Toxic exist for Pokemon who have shallow movepools. If they have good coverage but only one STAB, for example, often you can slap on Toxic and in some cases Substitute and call it a day.

On the other hand, a lot of Pokemon are too frail/gimmicky/slow to reliably get it up. Why put Toxic on a glass cannon who's trying to use something else before it dies in one hit?
>>
>>31449992
didn't know that, interesting. I feel like that's got to be an overlooked design flaw but gf doesn't always into logic anyways.
>>
>>31449724
>pooney
who?
>>
On the contrary, it's more like why the fuck can every one and their grandpa can learn Toxic?

I can understand poison types getting it but because everthing can learn, anything remotely defensive of bulky can run Toxic. Hell people slap it on random shit that wouldn't carry it until your entire team dies due to Toxic and Sneaky Pebbles.

If anything, distribution should be more restricted and become less popular
>>
>>31450068
Most animals have some toxic substance in them
>>
>>31450078
And by that you of course meant piss and other wonderful assortment of excrements, yes?
>>
>>31450078
>most animals are alive so they should all be normal type
>most animals can kick, so they should all be normal/get double kick
>most animals live in nature so they should be grass type
>>
>>31450068
See>>31450005
Not that I don't agree with you but mechanically it gives sparse movepool shitmons something to do.
>>
>>31450068
It's a ninja move
>>
>>31449666
It's an ancient ninja spell known as ninjutsu dating back 400 years.
So anyone can do it if they know the proper incantation and aren't older than 400 years old like Magearna.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.