[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does gamefreak hate postgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
Every game that comes out has even less postgame than the last one

Gen 3 Frontier --> Gen 4 Frontier --> Gen 5 Championship --> Gen 6 Resort --> Gen 7 tree

I want to keep playing S/M , but the only thing left to do is the broken tree and shiny breeding.
>>
>>31446980
Because normies don't care about it, so why bother?
>>
>>31446998
Fuck normies.
>>
>>31446980
>Nothing to do post game in SM
>Except:
>Whole new area that leads to the Battle Tree
>Catching Tapus
>Going through and catching the UBs in the special mission
>Finding and beating the Eevee users
>Catching Necrozma
>Raising a second legendary
>Filling the rest of pokedex to then go-
>Shiny hunting
>Fight Ya Boy again, with full team
>Protect your champion title
>Collect all 100 Zygarde cells
>still "poor post-game"
Anon, are you ok?
>>
>>31446980
Main game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> post game.
They don't have time to work on everything. Good postgame is a thing only third versions have.
>>
>>31447078
While I agree SM has better post-game than Gen 6, you're really stretching your points there.
>>
>>31447078
Pokemon fans are retarded and think anything that isn't GS's poorly implemented 'postgame' isn't a postgame at all
>>
>>31446980
Because a good 80% of people wanting the Frontier back never actually did anything more than winning 1 silver symbol at one of the facilities, usually the Dome, and stopped.
>>
In modern games multiplayer is the postgame.
>>
>>31447126
In future games, you need to pay a monthly subscription in order to access the postgame "content" you already paid for when you bought the game.
>>
>>31447110
Arcade and Factory were my favorite, I played them all the time. I really loved the Frontier and all the ways to play. Sad to see it go.
>>
>>31447100
Isn't everything I just enumerated only possible once you become champion, though? Sure, some of them might be less important then others, but it's still content that you get access to only in postgame.
>>
>>31447078
>filling the pokedex
>raising a Pokemon
>shiny hunting
Your point is nothing but enhanced by using things like these to make your list longer, I assure you.
>>
>>31447161
>>31447110
Pike was the easiest I found
>>
>>31447110

Honestly I just want the factory back, that shit was one of the funnest things in any pokemon game ever
>>
>>31446980
5 easily had more post game than 3 and 4 OP
>>
>>31447354
Yeah, Pike is the easiest (assuming you don't have terrible luck). Arena is also a quick way to get a Symbol.
Fucking Battle Palace is the hardest.
>>
>>31447200
It's not, tho. Cause in order to get the Shiny Charm you need to fill the dex so you have higher chances of getting one. If there was an other way to get one, sure, it would be filler, but in this case is not.

As for raising Nebby2, I suppose it's your choice wether or not to raise it, but the point still stands that you get a second legendary postgame and also the ability to travel through the worm hole to the opposite reality.
>>
>>31447366
Factory is fun cause you can just go straight into it without having to raise anything, plus you got to adapt to any kind of strategy

>>31447387
Yeah, Palace you've really got to look in depth at everything to get a good team together, Pyramid I remember being pretty hard but that could just be cause I was still am pretty shit.
>>
>tfw 130 hours in
>still to get singles and doubles stamp in tree
>0 online battling yet
>still a few shinies I really want to get
feels good
>>
>>31447078
>Raising a Pokemon
>Shiny hunting

None of these are postgame.
>>
>>31447469
Pyramid was hard as well, but it was really fun with that feel of exploration.
>>
>>31447576
>Nebby2 only obtainable after beating game
>Easier shiny hunting by acquiring the Shiny Charm, after completing PokeDex, which, while not obligatory and as important as the rest, you can only get post game
Yes, they are.
>>
>>31447100
Nope. ORAS has far more postgame than SM. It really just goes to show how just how shit SM is.
>>
>>31447078
>Battle T-
stopped reading there
>>
>>31447576
They are though.
>>
>>31447409
>it's not enhanced
I agree

The point is that having to include thing like shiny hunting and raising a pokemon is really showing how little the gamer has.

If I catch a Ratatta and level, it up after I beat the game, that's "postgame" but I certainly wont include it in a list.
>>
>>31447888
>stopped reading after reading about the Battle Tree, which is in an area that is only available to you after you become a champion
????
>>
>>31447920
He literally said charm is post game only, ergo it's post game.
>>
>>31447920
Sure, but the idea is that, while you can get a Ratatta any time in the game, you can only grab Nebby2 postgame and only postgame. It is content that is available to you only after you become Champion.
>>
>>31446980
Emerald Frontier > BW/BW2 everything > Platinum Frontier = OR/AS Resort > S/M Tree
>>
>>31447546
Literally me, still can't stop playing. stopped breeding because I'm scared of breaking the stick though, this console is old
>>
>>31447937
i'll stop reading where i want thank you very much
>>
>>31447078
>Catching Tapus
>Going through and catching the UBs in the special mission
>Catching Necrozma
It's just filling the rest of pokedex you fag
>>
>>31447980
Mine's brand new but I feel like the same. I can't stop tho until I get my shiny, i'm too deep in the hole now
>>
>>31447078
>no battle frontier
Literally no postgame then to these people.
>>
>>31447817
You can Shiny hunt way before the postgame. Shiny hunting is not exclusive to the postgame at all. Especially when SOS chaining raises your chances for finding Shinies.
>>
>>31447920
>If I catch a Ratatta and level, it up after I beat the game

That's not postgame. You can do that way before the postgame.

>>31448000
It's postgame but boring postgame.
>>
File: 1484023678007.png (251KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
1484023678007.png
251KB, 630x390px
>50 gameplay hours
>getting all the pokemon
>getting all TMs
>training
>still need to beat the Pyramid for the last silver symbol
>still need to get the gold symbols
>mfw haven't played SM for a week
>mfw my 1 week old Emerald file has more gameplay hours than my Moon file
>>
>>31448047
Useless without charms and without high level pokemon.
>>
>>31447110
shitter detected

t. gold in factory, dome, pike and tower, silver in palace
>>
>>31448089
Kek. No it isn't. Probably harder but no where near useless.
>>
>>31448105
It is though, the odds are so much lower AND you have to actually survive through the chain, in PP and in HP as well as possible stat reductions
>>
>>31448134
PP and HP are easy to recover if you plant a load of berries
>>
>>31448134
Doesn't matter. Shiny hunting is not exclusive to postgame. Or do you not understand what exclusive means or something?
>>
>>31447078
The only thing there that's really replayable is Battle Tree.
>eevee users
Come the fuck on, they each use one goddamn pokemon. It could not be anymore worthless.
Pokemon is a game that can keep going for as long as you put the effort in. The Battle Frontiers and end-games of similar nature were always something you could just do if you wanted to play Pokemon.

But people will just play multiplayer instead now. Online battles are increasingly more accessible and people are now being geared more to the concepts required to play the game online as they go through the games. This is the endgame content now. It's a lot quicker to implement a staple of the games than to create a new environment around them that houses multiple different outcomes.
>>
>>31448147
That's like saying online battles aren't post game since you can enter it in hauoli city
>>
>>31448067
Of course, but all those points belong to the category of filling the pokedex with postgame pokemon, not to mention that every single game has postgame legendaries, which makes that argument even more idiotic
>>
>>31448170
Online battles aren't exclusive postgame. I just did an online battle the other day and I hadn't even got the Groudium Z yet.
>>
>>31447078
With the exception of battling Guzma it sounds boring.

Never have been big into legendary hunting, or item collecting which is 90% of what they add for post-game now days. Really it's all just cheap ways to generate content.
>>
>>31447989
Oh.
Ok, then.
>>
>>31447546
>tfw 112 hours in
>>still havent beaten the elite 4

Comfy Islands are comfy
>>
>>31448167
>Come the fuck on, they each use one goddamn pokemon. It could not be anymore worthless.
Apart from the item you get only from doing that sidequest
>>
>>31448198
Dex completion isn't either.
>>
>>31447084
Third versions don't exist.
Gamefreak stopped putting effort into post-games because "the post game is all about battling your friends online!" Why do you tink they made IV breeding so much easier or created Hyper Training?
>>
>>31447078
fucking apologist
>>
I just want a concept similar to GSC, where you got to go to a different region after beating the game for the first time. Sure, there was cut content, but I really liked seeing the changes a region can have after a few years (B2W2 as another example)
>>
>>31448222
Postgame went shit as soon as third games stopped. BW2 were technically Unova's "third" versions.
>>
I think the post-game is good, and the game definately gets more fun once the forced storymode ends. There's decent amount of stuff to do, but no endless fun such as BF.
>>
>>31448344
I agree.
>>
You haven't truly 100%ed the game until you've completed these:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-tHjrRiV9KhNL-P3IkiXCsuZ_1_wXikdzaK4YBt9MBg/edit#gid=0 (The "Quests Postgame" and "Sub-Events")
http://technophonix.tumblr.com/post/154848168983/pokemon-sun-moon-post-elite-four-checklist (I really like this guy's post-game checklists. Always gives you something to do)

I have done literally everything (Including looking for all hidden items, and a living dex), except for:
- All 7 formes of minior (I have 5)
- Battle Tree (Only completed regular singles and doubles, max streak of 29 in super singles, fuck dexio)
- A few of the league defense challengers
- Upgrading festival plaza (Am at level 57)
- Purchasing all clothing (Have bought the entirety of a 4 stores, don't remember which)
- The island scan pokemon (My cameras are broken, have to rely on wonder trading)

I recommend everyone checking out at least technophonix' checklist if they're looking for something to do in the post-game.
How far into the post-game are you guys?
>>
>>31448000
>an entire plotline, with reoccurring characters, cut scenes, parallel universes
>"just filling the pokedex"

>>31448239
>getting called an apologist for pointing out facts
H-how? I am literally enumerating all the things you can do after you become Champion...

Ok, I understand the points, take away the "pokedex filling and shiny hunting without the charm", but the rest still stands. All those things you can only do AFTER you complete the main story of the game.

>>31448167
>eevee users
My point was that you can fight them postgame. Sure, it wasn't amazing, but there still was something extra to do after becoming Champion.
>Pokemon is a game that can keep going for as long as you put the effort in. The Battle Frontiers and end-games of similar nature were always something you could just do if you wanted to play Pokemon.
Now this point makes sense.
Ok, yes, the content I just enumerated can last you a few more hours to a 1-2 days, depending on how well you completed everything else before becoming champion.
Are, then, people mad that you are not given something more time consuming? Or a challenge that takes skill and dedication to complete? Or a thing to do endlessly so you'd never get bored of the game?
I see the point in that, but at the same time, I find it weird to keep playing the same game forever. I mean, sure, once I've done all the things I mentioned in that list, the game became pretty boring and there wasn't much else to do, but I still found it enjoyable and interesting while it lasted.
But still, what do you want out of the game?
Maybe instead of arguing how the game got a shittier and shittier post game and call me names for pointing out things, you can present ideas and ways the game can have a more meaningful impact and be more interesting for you once you completed the main quest.
I am really curious what does a "better postgame" mean to you guys, because I had fun with SM's postgame, regardless of the lack of things to do after it.
>>
>>31448399
>got Type Null
>got all 4 Oricorio forms
That's pretty much all I've done based on that tumblr list
>>
>>31447078
Wow, a whole 2 hour postgame with no replayability at all! That's the same as no postgame, get fucked SM shill.
>>
>>31448418
>I am really curious what does a "better postgame" mean to you guys
Battle Frontier or PWT. Those are literally the only things that they'll accept, despite the fact that the majority of players never bothered with either.
>>
>>31447078
I did all of that, except shiny hunt and I can say, the post game is shit. Even got all battle tree stamps before the new year.
Emerald and Platinum have the best post game, B2W2 come close.
>>
>tfw take forever because I train each pokemon up individually to complete dex rather than just ex shareing

It helps me get to know each one, especially the new ones I didn't use in my run through
>>
>>31448070
>getting all the mons in gen 3
didn't you literally have to buy some gamecube adapter and get some mons from coluseum n shit to get them all ??
>>
>>31448620
You only need XD.
>>
>>31448641
>>31448620
Elaborating: To complete the Hoenn Dex, you only need XD.

Should've added that I'm only filling my Hoenn dex.
>>
>>31448641
What about Ho-Oh?
>>
>>31448070
You could do all that but the symbols in an afternoon. Dumb post.
>>
>>31446980
The PWT was unironically the best post-game pokemon has ever had.
>>
>>31448739
It was just Battle Tower with more recycled sprites. I enjoyed it as a fanwank, but I'd take Battle Frontier over it any day.
>>
>>31447078
Why haven't any of you nerds pointed out that activities like these exist in games with better battle facilities as well? This is literally not a point
>>
>>31448739
You're a nostalgiafag that gets easily impressed by flashy gimmicks if you believe this. Battle Frontier was way better because it had a lot more replayability and it was actually difficult.
>>
>>31447078
>>Nothing to do post game in SM
>>Except:
>>Whole new area that leads to the Battle Tree
Nice area, but the battle tree is an another battle tower ripoff..at least you get to battle Red or Blue before
>>Catching Tapus
Their dungeons are shit and all are the same
>>Going through and catching the UBs in the special mission
The main part of the postgame, but they could have done this UB thing much better
>>Finding and beating the Eevee users
1 hour, 0 difficulty
>>Catching Necrozma
I like this pokèmon, but there is literally 0 plot behind it, it's like Zygarde in X/Y without the dungeon
>>Raising a second legendary
Nothing to say here but I'm too lazy to do it
>>Filling the rest of pokedex to then go-
>>Shiny hunting
Like in all other pokèmon games?
>>Fight Ya Boy again, with full team
You mean Hau?Yeah it was nice to battle him again
>>Protect your champion title
Nice innovation, except for the fact that you've to battle E4 every time and there are like only 5 challengers for the Champion title
>>Collect all 100 Zygarde cells
A bit boring
>>still "poor post-game"
Yeah.
>>
File: original.jpg (155KB, 532x398px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
155KB, 532x398px
>>31448739
>unovabortions really believe this
>>
>>31449355
Thank you, anon, for at least expressing your opinion in a civilized manner. Genuine thanks for that.
Taking your points into considerations, I guess I just don't understand. I personally had a blast with the postgame content of the game, while I do agree that once you finish it, there is not much else to do in SM.
Still, it seems the general consensus is that it still wasn't enough and people seem to want an other Battle Frontier or a giant area to explore during postgame, so there would be more to do.
Regardless of all this, I wouldn't call the post game of SM a poor one. It had great moments and the UB section was really interesting, lore wise. I was just trying to understand what people want from a post-game and why SM's wasn't enough.
>>
>>31448533
>despite the fact that the majority of players never bothered with either.
kek
>>
>>31447366

This. Don't have to raise anything, get to form strats on the fly, and find unexpected bros all while facing a real challenge.

>Ywn whoop ass with special attacking Lickylicky outside of gen 4
>>
>>31447078
This is a reach
>>
>>31449612
Well, to be honest I've to say that compared to some other pokemon games actually this post-game isn't that bad...Also I liked the UB part but I said that it could have been better because it kinda feels rushed and incomplete...without a decisive ending
>>
>>31449612
What I want from postgame is a reason to keep collecting and training Pokémon (or just brand new way to experience the game like Battle Factory). Battle Tree and PvP are good timesinks, but I need more variety.
>>
>>31447078
>>Catching Tapus
>>Going through and catching the UBs in the special mission
>>Catching Necrozma
>>Raising a second legendary
>>Filling the rest of pokedex to then go-
>>Shiny hunting

These are all pretty much the same thing
>>
I never experienced emerald battle frontier but i did have 4/5 gold prints in HGSS
>>
>>31449825
>>31449807
Ah, I see what you mean. That does make a lot more sense. Having a conclusion instead of just running out of things to do and having a variety of activities to do with your Pokemon once you're done with the story seem like legitimate things that should be addressed and, you guys are right, that's definitely lacking.
>>
>>31446980
Gen 3 does not has more postgame content than gen 4.

Gen 7 does not have less than Gen 6.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.