[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Favorite type >your opinion on each type it's weak to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 48

File: Grass.jpg (293KB, 873x611px) Image search: [Google]
Grass.jpg
293KB, 873x611px
>Favorite type
>your opinion on each type it's weak to
>>
File: Fire Starters.jpg (85KB, 377x550px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Starters.jpg
85KB, 377x550px
>>31445738
>Fire
>Water
Gets way too much love from Game Freak. Scald is bullshit in that it means that Water has more reliable access to burning than Fire does.

>Ground
No beef here. Keep on keeping on, groundbros.

>Rock
Stealth Rock is dumb. Other than that, basically the same as Ground.
>>
Dragon
there all shit types
>>
>>31445774
Wait, but Dragon is...
>>
Ghost
>Ghost: Yes.
>Dark: Not very fond of the pokemon.

Fairy
>Steel: Some look cool. I like them.
>Poison: I think it's one of the least popular types in the game.
>>
File: 1505078-carnivine.png (142KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1505078-carnivine.png
142KB, 480x480px
OP may as well contribute
Fire used to be my favorite type and it's still one of my favorites offensively. I await the inevitably gimmicky as shit fire/grass type.

Ice has some cool designs but as we all know they're unusable most of the time due to its defensive matchups. Oddly enough the distribution of Ice beam actually makes me feel more scared against fast water types than when they send out an ice type.

Bugs are rad as shit and a lot of them rank high for me but for whatever reason I still wouldn't say it's a top 5 type of mine. They're not terribly annoying to fight unless they have a steel coat, if you catch my drift.

Flying types often have really boring designs because most of them are just birds. Why did it take five generations to get a pure flying type? We're pretty much fine as far as birds go.

I have no strong opinions on Poison types. Fuck Zubat with a firestick though.
>>
>>31445738
>Steel

Fire: Makes sense, I used to be a firefag, so we're cool.

Fighting: I love the type, but hate the interaction. I actually hate a lot of Fighting's interactions, but whatever. Punching rocks is one thing, breaking bricks and whatnot, okay, I get it. But punching a slab of solid steel? Metal isn't as susceptible to sudden impacts of great force. Metal bends, it doesn't really break.
Our relationship is fine, but could be better.

Ground: I get it, and like a lot of groundmons. We're A-OK.
>>
File: 1367040470012.jpg (510KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1367040470012.jpg
510KB, 1280x640px
Water
Grass: very interesting, a little bit frail but it can be useful in certain situations. Wide movepool.
Electric: great mons but too predictable, they're generally fast special attacker with tbolt/voltswitch, and the rarely have a second STAB.
>>
File: icewallpaper.jpg (998KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
icewallpaper.jpg
998KB, 1500x900px
Fighting: Don't have anything especially against the type, but also not a big fan of many fighting types

Rock: I actually love a lot of rock types, we cool

Steel: A lot of hit-or-miss, but steel as a type is prettyneat/10. One of those types I love in concept like poison and bug because it's not really an element at all, just an abstract concept

Fire: I usually pick the fire starter, I'm all cool with fire types
>>
>Flying
Electric is my second favorite type, full of 9/10 designs that do pretty well in battle too.
Ice is a good type aesthetically and I wish they were allowed to keep their best moves to themselves, at least from water types.
Rock can go fuck itself.
>>
File: 30031332436.jpg (172KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
30031332436.jpg
172KB, 600x600px
>Steel

Fire: volcarona and Darmanitan are the only good fire types. everything else is edgy 12-year-old bait

Fight: most pointless type desu. fighting is not an element or natural force

Ground: i like ground, many steel pokemon share their type with ground. I think too many pokemon have access to earthquake and not enough to earth power
>>
File: darmaku3.png (174KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
darmaku3.png
174KB, 410x410px
>>31445909
>fighting is not an element or natural force
>favorite type: steel
>>
Grass boy here
Fire: Fire is a cool type and my starter for kanto and johto is still always charmander and cyndaquil. It's weaknesses suck a little but the type is still very solid.

Bug: Bugs are cool, Volcarona is one of my faves(more fire rep). Don't use them all too much though sadly.

Flying: Ehh, what can I say. Flying feels like a generic secondary type.

Ice: Pretty n-ice. A few ice types I like and all their legendaries are pretty...cool. Needs buffs.

Poison: Not a big user but I really like it. Crobat is one of my bros and many other poison types are rad. Seems like a solid type even with it's middling type advantages.
>>
File: 4.png (173KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
173KB, 500x500px
>>31445738
>Fairy
Steel: Has some cool designs and pokemon with that type tend to be good competitively. I like it

Poison: Has really neat and interesting concepts, and also some designs I really like too.

>Bug
Fire: I don't really care much about it. Has maybe 2 or 3 pokemon I like.

Flying: Don't really have an opinion on this type beyond "eh" and "it's okay". I like Celesteela and the oricorios though. The other flying mons I like are dual-typed with bug and fairy.

Rock: 1. Stealth rock is kind of annoying. 2. Needs more moves with better accuracy. 3. There are a lot of designs I don't really care for but I do like some of them and 4. Dwebble is very cute.
>>
>>31445909
>Fire: [...]everything else is edgy 12-year-old bait
Ponyta line, Ninetales line, Flareon, Slugma line, etc.
>Fighting: most pointless type desu
Fairy is objectively the least necessary type because we went 5 generations of games without it. It also fits the exact description you gave fighting.

Fair point about Earth Power distribution though
>>
Favorite type: Grass

Fire: It's a good type, but too many designs are orange animal with flames. It deserves more things like Chandelure.

Flying: A secondary type for birds. Lacks a strong identity.

Poison: It's my favorite type concept, but for some reason I barely have poison types among my favorite pokemon.

Ice: Needs more offensive pokemon in order to be relevant.

Bug: The type with the best percentage of good designs.
>>
File: 1478081205871.png (605KB, 1280x914px) Image search: [Google]
1478081205871.png
605KB, 1280x914px
>>31445772
This sums up my feelings perfectly. Just add a "FUCK YOU PEBBLES" and we're done. It's unfair as fuck that there's a entry hazard that only Fire, Flying, Ice and Bug have to suffer from.
>>
Favorite Type: Grass

Fire: Great offensive type that's held back by the prevalance of rock and water type pokemon and attacks, needs more designs like the Delphox and Ninetales line and less I PISS BLOOD AND SHIT FIRE tier designs

Flying: Decent offensive type that usually takes me surprise if on anything other than a technician user, Skarmory, or megamence. Doesn't really hold out on its own designwise as a type, most notable pokemon with the type I find myself associating more with steel or dragon.

Poison: Has one of the best status ailments and has gotten more love as of gen six onward much like steel offensively due to the introduction of boypussy slayer (read fairy) type. Fairly good overall designwise, sallazle and drapion stand out the most for me as poison types.

Ice: Amazing offensively for the spread of types that it hits hard but the type itself on a pokemon needs a lot more love, resistance to grass and water would help it a lot even with the amount of weaknesses it has. One of the most diverse types designwise, and pokes like Glaceon, Froslass, and A. Ninetales have given me a soft spot for ice types.

Bug: Stupidly good offense and design wise to the point where I'm honestly not sure what to say about it other than "motherfucking scizor"
>>
File: image.png (136KB, 483x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136KB, 483x444px
>>31446117
>Bug: Stupidly good offense
What?
>>
>>31446133
meant more of the movepool a lot of bugs get, but bug itself fucks up psychic and dark types on its own
>>
File: zBumEvF.png (168KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
zBumEvF.png
168KB, 700x700px
>>31445738
Psychic.

Dark is fucking cancer since gen 4.
Ghost got cancerous after gen 6.
Bug is fine.

I want to go back to gen 3. The split completely ruined psychic-types and it got even worse once fairy-types were introduced, now psychic isn't good to even counter fighting-types as fairy does it better.

I stopped playing competitive because of this, it's not fun anymore. But I kind of saw it coming since GF doesn't knows when to stop with the nerfs.
>>
>>31445738
Fave type: Ghost

Ghost: see above

Dark: Dark-types are pretty cool, albeit some are a bit edgy but a lot of them are pretty lovable so it's okay in my book.
>>
Favourite: Water

Grass: Cool support Pokémon that unfortunately fall flat most of the time.

Electric: Frail and shallow, but they hit lightning fast and that's cool.
>>
Favourite: Flying

>Electric: Hate it.

>Ice: Dislike it.

>Rock: Based.
>>
>>31446142
>bug itself fucks up psychic and dark types on its own
Just being SE on something doesn't mean much. It's only SE on 3 types, 2 which are really uncommon types, and is resisted by 7 types. Bug is really shit offensively.
>>
>grass
>fire
supposedly god type(ebin normie memes on charizard) mostly really good designs tho
>ice
i feel like they are underrepresented and even thou it would hurt my favourite mons itd be great if there were more ice mons
>poison
never understood why grass would be weak to poison, other than that kinda the same as ice
>flying
flying mostly equals birds and is the most boring type(normal atleast has interactions with ghosts, which i think is neat)
>bug
bugs eat plants, i like that, second most favorite type tho, excited to play sun(havent got money fo it yet) bc of guz
>>
File: shiny.png (67KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shiny.png
67KB, 300x300px
>Steel
Fire: >>31445909 sums up my thoughts pretty well. Aside from special cases like Volcarona, they pretty much amount to "X animal, but ON FIRE!!!1!!"
Fighting: Meh. I like the type in concept, but hate most of the designs that have it.
Ground: Literally every fucking pokemon has EQ, it's absurd. It's to the point where having EQ can make or break a pokemon's viability. Other than that, Ground is higher up on my favorite types.

>Ghost
Ghost: I like most ghost designs, but some really bug me, IE Gengar.
Dark: Pretty chill dudes, imo. No problems with them.
>>
>all these heckin grassfags
golly
>>
>>31446197
grass is life
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>31445738
>Psychic Type
>Dark Types are complete faggot mons.
>Bugs are pretty weak in general
>Ghost types are super annoying
>>
Favorite: Fairy

Steel: Cool despite of the nerf

Poison: Aside from toxic stall, they're cool
>>
>>31446197
Honestly, I'm surprised. I know /vp/ likes to feel like a special snowflake by liking the shit things, but Grass? Other than designs, it has nothing going for it.
>>
>>31446270
Designs are what most of us care about
>>
File: 1470156412880.png (16KB, 210x204px) Image search: [Google]
1470156412880.png
16KB, 210x204px
>>31445738
>Rock

Grass: its am odd thing to make rock weak too but at the same time nerfing grass even more isn't something i want

Water: yeh i get it water erodes rock over time

Steel: All well and good steel is harder than rock and steel needs all the offense it can get

Fighting: I dont like it lost most of my rock team to a fast high jump kicker many a time but it makes since what with breaking bricks

Ground: If one weakness had to go id prefer this one (although id prefer more resistances mainly to bug rock or electric)
>>
>>31446278
Designs are last thing that should make you like a Type. Type are first and foremost a gameplay mechanic. If you like the design, you like the design, not the type. Or at least that's how I see it.
>>
File: 1484613467141.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484613467141.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>31445738
>fairy
>steel
It has a lot of cool designs and I don't particularly dislike it

>poison
I thought it was one of the most under-represented types in pokemon, next to bug. I'm glad sun and moon added a bunch of poison types and a few that are competitively viable as well. The type my team never seems to have a proper counter for.

>grass
>bug
Would be one of my favorites but in previous games I never played with any bug types. I thought they were pretty weak compared to other types I could catch

>fire
Probably my least favorite type. It is rare for me to find a fire type design that I like and while I think that some fire type moves look cool, unless I need to use one for a competitive team, I usually steer clear.

>flying
Some birbs are cute but I've never found them particularly strong or interesting. Staraptor and Minior are the flying types ones I've ever liked
>ice
Usually appear to late in the game for me to establish much of a bond with Ice types. Still I have my fair share of favored pokemon from this type
>>
>>31446414
But a lot of types have common elements in their design that are shared between pokemon which are usually exclusive to that typing.
>>
>dragon
>fairy is gay and should never have been made, it was only there to counter the dragons casualfags complained about
>dragon is best
>ice is whatever, no STAB
>>
>>31446496
Understandable, but again, that just seems liking the design to me. I love Serperior's design, and picked it in my first BW run. Soon, though, because the best it could offer was Grass-type moves, it became a burden on my team. I'm not the type to box starters on first run, so I didn't, but I stopped using it completely unless encountered a Water-type. The same thing repeated in BW2, when I used Lilligant.
How I see it, that happened because I did not find Grass-type useful. Looking back now, I could've taught Serperior Arial Ace and Dragon Tail, but that wouldn't really be making me like the Grass-type. I still like Serperior, but if I could change its type, I wouldn't hesitate for a single second. Design does not justify a Type, a gameplay mechanic.
>>
>Poison
Looks like I'm totally alone here

Psychic: Like the type and a lot of mons, but I feel like it's been flooded with a lot of underwhelming and uninteresting pokemon which take away from the type as a whole.

Ground: I like some ground types and there aren't any that I dislike. I feel like earthquake is way too common for a 100bp move with no drawbacks and great coverage.

I love both Nidos and I want to see psychic/poison badly, though not as badly as electric/poison.
>>
>>31445738
>Charizard Y used Heat Wave!
>>
>>31446738
Also, I totally understand why ground resists poison and can sort of get how it would be SE, but I have no clue why psychic is.
>>
>>31446760
Psychic is essentially mental type most of the time
It's weak to common fears
It's strong against things that can be beaten with science/research/logic
>>
>>31446804
That's the best explanation I've heard. Thanks anon, that makes sense.
>>
>Electric
Ground is kinda cool but I think rock and ground should be one type.
>>
File: it_s_ya_boy__by_memorinn-dah9gqy.png (888KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
it_s_ya_boy__by_memorinn-dah9gqy.png
888KB, 1000x1250px
>Favourite types: Poison & Bug

Psychic: Great type, lots of cool designs, and I like the mysticism of its trainers.

Ground: One of my least favourite types. They always look so big and bulky.

Fire: In my top 5 types, most of the designs are awesome, they tend to be offensive, and Flannery is my favourite gym leader.

Rock: See ground.

Flying: I want to like flying, but it often comes across as kind of bland. Skyla is awesome at least.
>>
>dark since gen 2
I also really like both fighting and bug types, don't care about fairies.
Not sure why dark is weak to bug though, probably just as a way to buff bugs a bit.
>>
>>31446804
How come steel resists it?
>>
>>31446972
Did gen two (2) even have other dark types than umbreon and sneasel ?
>>
>>31447002
Most of the time
Steel's reason for resisting psychic assuming it's not because Psychic was OP in gen 1 is that telekinesis probably couldn't bend, dent, or break metal very easily.
>>
>>31447012
Houndoom line, Murkrow and Tyranitar
>>
>>31447015
I always thought it would have made more sense for steel to lose resistance to psychic and keep it to dark, since some of the attacks would seem to bypass steel's tough body and go for the mind.
>>
>>31447029
Agreed
~90% of dark moves are physical so I don't see why Steel doesn't resist shit like sucker punch anymore
Also Psychic could use a buff like that at this point
>>
>>31445738
>Grass

>Fire: Great designs all around, but the lack of more reliable burning moves is kinda bad. Other than that, no problem at all.
>Ice: I don't have any strong opinions about Ice, but I get the impression that this type is somewhat shitty and gets no love from GF (not that Grass gets a lot). As far as designs go, they're very mixed for such a small number of Pokémon, having great, fun, not very creative, hideus, whimsical, all kinds of design.
>Flying: I think everyone has at least one Flying type that is a bro. I hate the pure Flying genius, but otherwise they're all cool. Birbs are nice.
>Poison: I use Toxic all the time when playing competitively, but I'm not a fan of the designs. Grimer is my favorite. Sometimes I forget Grass is weak to Poison.
>Bug: I generally like the bugs, Golisopod became an unexpected bro, Heracross is one of my top 3 pokemon. I like that it's SE on Dark-type. The designs vary a lot, too, even tho they usually end up on beetles or butterflies.
>>
>>31446972
bugs live in dark places
>>
>>31447015
But...that's exactly what the move Kinesis does: bending spoons. The reason is probably the other one.
>>
>>31445837
>fuck zubat with a fire stick
Hey retard, zubat isn't weak to fire, retard.
>>
>>31445738
>dragon
>ice
they are infamous for being slow as fuck but i don't hate ice types, they have pretty cool designs and candice is one of my favorite gym leaders

>fairy
i have nothing nice to say about fairy type pokemon, their designs suck, most of fairy types used to be normal types which just shows how lazy gamefreak is, they are more broken than dragons but gamefreak still hasn't nerfed the fairy types, mina is a completely useless character that you don't even do her trial, she just gives you fairium z and makes the dragon trial a complete joke also a fairy type trial captain hhaving a smeargle makes NO SENSE!
>>
Is there a good reason why Ice shouldn't be Super-effective against Water?
>>
>>31447447
Actually Ilima is the one with a Smeargle
>>
>Fairy
Steel is nice, and Mawile is one of my favorites.
Poison has really grown on me, though I used to dislike most of the poison Pokémon.

>Dark
Fairy is still one of my favorite types.
Fighting is a great type with plenty of cool Pokémon. Scrafty and Hawlucha, for example.
Bug has become a pretty great typing with plenty of neat options.
>>
>>31445738
>Bug
> Fire - I think it's fine. Bug is my favorite because of volcarona, so I like fire a lot too.
>Rock - Fucking sneaky pebbles. Otherwise it could probably use a buff offensively, it has few reliable moves and I feel bad for it.
>Flying - Always been a solid type, but it could use a good move without any recoil. Otherwise perfectly fine.
>>
File: 1478197879134.png (204KB, 585x426px) Image search: [Google]
1478197879134.png
204KB, 585x426px
Bug
>Fire: Boring designs for the most part honestly. Some solid designs here and there, but I'm not a huge fan.
>Rock: Most boring type for me, and fuck Stealth Rocks.
>Flying: No complaints here, Flying is great.
>>
Rock
>Water/Grass: I understand why
>Steel: Same thing here with Picaxes and shit, but I feel like Rock should be on the same level, or just barely outclassed by Steel when it comes to defense
>Fighting: Have you tried punching a rock? I don't get this one
>Ground: Why does Ground get to be a much better type than Rock it isn't fair ;_;
>>
File: poison.jpg (90KB, 1024x536px) Image search: [Google]
poison.jpg
90KB, 1024x536px
>Favorite: Poison

Ground: A type I thought was trash back in Gen 1, but have grown to respect over the years especially with Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Gliscor and Landorus. Still hoping for a good Fighting/Ground type one day to just wreck shit.

Psychic: One of my most hated types along with Water and Dragon. A pretty trash typing nowadays anyway, but every Gen seems to want to introduce another Psychic legendary or two just to piss me off. Despite all of this, I do have a couple of faves here including Hypno, Grumpig, and Slowbro.
>>
>Fairy

>Steel
Most of them are looking cool and they are strong.I just dislike few steel pokemon

>Poison
I find this OK. I also dislike few of them.
I like more cute pokemon though
>>
File: she fits right in.png (666KB, 2160x1150px) Image search: [Google]
she fits right in.png
666KB, 2160x1150px
Grass man here, nice to see other Grassbros ITT.
>Fire
Probably my least favorite type after Dragon, attracts the worst fans and has pretty lame designs outside of 10/10s like Volcarona. Fuck Charizard.

>Ice
Bottom tier butt buddies with Grass, I don't feel too strongly about it as a type though. I like the ice cream cones unironically.

>Bug
Neat type, good Pokemon, they don't particularly appeal to me though, but I can see why they have such a fanbase. Shoutouts to Leavanny.

>Flying
It's my mom's favorite type but I'm pretty indifferent to it, I do like the high level of varying designs though.

>Poison
I like poison since a lot of Grass types are also part poison. My favorite Poison type is Mareanie though. It has a wide variety of designs, like flying, but not as restricted. I don't see that many fans of Poison type Pokemon compared to others now that I think about it.
>>
>Dark

Fairy: Is to dragon type as dark is to psychic. But that type wasn't that powerful to begin with.

>Fighting: As far as I can tell, this particular type seems to be the only proper physical attacking type.

>Bug: Been cut a lot of slack it has, I feel it should be buffed to be on par with some of the more common types used in VGC, but I don't know how.
>>
>>31445738
>Dark
Fighting: I like it, it's an all around good typing imo.

Bug: sadly, this one on its own is very bad, it only works when paired with a good typing (see: Scizor, M-Pinsir, Volcarona, Scolipede). I wish it would get a buff. I don't quite understand why it's SE against dark tho.

Fairy: I absolutely hate this typing, it needs to get nerfed, I understand that it was introduced to nerf outrage spam but this typing is ridiculously strong, both offensively and defensively. Also why, WHY does it resist Bug? This makes no fucking sense, if anything it should be WEAK to it and maybe deal NVE damage against it. Speaking of its weaknesses, let's be honest, Steel and Poison aren't really the best offensive types.
>>
>Ghost

>Ghost
I like it

>Dark
I like it too but a bit less
>>
>>31445738
>Water
Fuck water

>Ice
Useless shitmons across the board, only carried for dragons offensively but still dicks everyone else anyway. At least theyre sometimes cute.

>Grass
Eat.
My.
Ass.
Grass types are pretty much just carbon cut outs of each other, they all do the same exact thing and not ONE of them is good at it. The few unique grass types either get outshined by other 'mons in a similar niche, or have no movepool outside of normal and STAB. While I love bugs, Bug/Grass automatically takes all of the grass problems which destroys the pokemon.
>>
>>31447784
>>Fighting: Have you tried punching a rock? I don't get this one

Martial artists break bricks or slabs that are made of stone, while average people (Normal type) can't do much, reason why Rock resists Normal.
>>
>>31448129
So...your favorite type is Ground?
>>
>>31445738
Tie between Steel, Bug, and Ice.
Fire: Nothing big to complain about
Fighting: It's admirable that they sometimes try to put in different fighting styles
Ground: A good type, not too OP nor too weak
Rock: Pretty decent typing, can't really complain about it too much since one of my bros is in it, as well as the fossils
Flying: I do like how they try to use different birds
>>
>>31446414
What about casual players?
What about people who dislike the competitive play?
What about people who only run monotype?

If we're going by what's competitively good, then the only acceptable answers are fire, water, steel, fairy, ground, and flying. The rest have significant flaws or non-useful niches that makes them need a secondary type to stay relevant.
>>
File: my greatest ally.jpg (113KB, 480x323px) Image search: [Google]
my greatest ally.jpg
113KB, 480x323px
Grass

Fire - Still one of my favorite types, my starters tend to be Fire most of the time (the irony), also nice to melt steel beams

Ice - Poor Ice, GF hates them, the one great thing about them was how they could deal SE damage against dragons, but fairies are a better option now

Bug - fucking cool designs, can't hate em.

Flying - >SE because grass get uprooted meme, or birds eat fruits. Yeah sure, tornadoes can destroy buildings too, and not only birds eat fruits

Poison - Toxic should be fucking limited to Poison types only. Other than that, they're fine - defensively pretty great to use
>>
File: 39648566_p10_master1200.jpg (154KB, 480x446px) Image search: [Google]
39648566_p10_master1200.jpg
154KB, 480x446px
>Favorite type
Fairy and Dark

>Fairy
Steel: I think most of them have a neat designs. They match pretty well with how most mons are based around animals. But they have a shit ton of resistances that they don't deserve

Poison: I love poison type, so I'm glad they at least were buffed a little with fairies now around. It used to be one of my favorite types too

>Dark
Bug: It's a bit sad how this the only noteworthy type Bug hits for super effective. I like some of them, like Scolipede and Volcarona, but I usually like them more for their secondary typing

Fighting: Nothing against them. I love some of them, like Emboar and Scrafty, but I'm more indifferent toward them

Fairy: I love them. They fit thematically perfect with the rest of the types, especially since they're supposed to represent "the good" defeating the "evil" that is Dark types
>>
Bug bois

Fire: Used to love this danm type, but really don't have to worry about this one that much

Flying: Pretty cool type, always make sure to have one on my team

Rock: Legit never used one until gen 7, they all look like such....trash
>>
Fire

>Water: Annoying Shitbags. few good moves, way too many mons.

>Ground: Standalone pretty boring, but there are/could be cool duo-types. Fire/Ground, I'm still waiting for a regular volcano mon

>Rock: I never got this type. Rock was always just some kind of ground-wannabe and got too much love. Plus Sinnoh damaged me mentally with this type. Fucking Mt. Coronet with fucking Geodudes all over. I encountered about 3 or 4 shinys and didn't even bother to catch them.
>>
>>31449573
>few good moves
I thought it was bullshit until I tried to come up with anything more than Scald and Hydro Miss
>>
Fairy type

Steel: they're pretty cool and share the crown with fairy for best type, excellent designs and useful.

Poison: cool designs, got a boost recently and have my favorite status, toxic. They cool
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 816x568px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 816x568px
>>31448129
>muh Landourus-T
>>
>>31445738
Normal

Fighting is pretty cool moveset wise, but I only like a few of the mons
>>
File: laughing sea maidens.png (189KB, 853x791px) Image search: [Google]
laughing sea maidens.png
189KB, 853x791px
>>31448129
holy fuck
>leaves one of the dominant types with just "fuck water"
>goes on a fucking rant about grass types being "useless"
>>
>>31445928
Steel is made from natural elements, and I'm sure its a translation thing, since something like "iron type" sounds dumb
>>
>>31445738
Psychic

>dark
Kill yourself
>bug
Kill yourself
>ghost
Come back to life, then kill yourself
>>
File: 60375836_p1_master1200.jpg (328KB, 1200x874px) Image search: [Google]
60375836_p1_master1200.jpg
328KB, 1200x874px
>>31445738
Bug

>fire
volcarona is my favorite mon but i'm not a fan of most fire types, too edgy or too animal-on-fire. weakness makes sense, good offensively, i really dislike it defensively, checking steel and fairy is a lot better now but still, coverage usually destroys them.

>rock
fuck sneaky pebbles, some have very good designs but holy shit why is ROCK such an awful defensive typing? weakness also makes sense, good offensively, but lol why all the low acc rock moves?

>flying
normal/flying is cancer and most designs are very expected, being literal birds with a bits of extra cartoony-ness. weakness again, makes perfect sense, surprisingly good offensively, if only for the neutral coverage, very strong niche defenses and weaknesses. overall lack of good stab abusers and fuck steel/flying.
>>
>>31448045
>I don't quite understand why it's SE against dark tho.
bugs can usually see in the dark or otherwise live in dark places
>>
>Dragon

>Ice
That's fine, ice needs the help
>Dragon
Makes sense
>Fairy
Complete bullshit, they should have just made another type strong vs dragons
>>
>>31449509
t. Unovabortion
>>
File: 1483553864117.png (390KB, 680x892px) Image search: [Google]
1483553864117.png
390KB, 680x892px
>Grass

>fire
Full of cancermons, awful designs and get undeniably the most love from gamefreak.Sneaky pebbles are God's gift to this earth. Except chandelure, chandelure rules.

>ice
Poor ice types

>flying
full of cool designs and cool pokemon

>poison
Literal who type until gen 6, kinda sucks people are taking poison moves now but it was also good for a lot of grass types who have a niche in being an ultra fairy killer now (Tangrowth)

>bug
all cool pokemon EXCEPT FOR SCIZOR
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: electric pokemon.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
electric pokemon.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Electric
Ground is my 3rd favorite type. Water being 2nd, Fighting being 4th, and Normal being 5th
>>
>>31448129
>have no movepool outside of normal and STAB.

I realized this while PKHeXing a Lilligant for my Moon playthrough. Its movepool fucking sucks man.
>>
>>31449573
>>Water: Annoying Shitbags. few good moves, way too many mons.

That's probably because they get access to moves from so many other types.
>>
Probably steel, not too Adamant about it
>Fire is a horseshit type. I always get fire in any fantasy setting when I roll randomly, and I only ever enjoy it when I can build around it being opposite to its nature.
>Ground is a good type, my chief complaint about ground is flying's blanket immunity and Levitate having to take up an ability slot. But what's immune to it isn't a flaw in it itself.
>Fighting is a type I like conceptually. I like fighting type trainers, but since I mostly like inanimate object mons, most fighting types don't appeal to me.
>>
File: 250px-003Venusaur.png (67KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-003Venusaur.png
67KB, 250x250px
>>31445738
>Poison

>Ground Types
Good designs, Great offence, Weak to 2 common types. EQ is everywhere, My favorite is Diggersby and my least favorite is Stunfisk

>Psychic
Used to be a good type, now easily one of the worst, Weak to common moves like Sucker Punch, Knock Off, Uturn, Shadow Sneak etc. Most designs are pretty cool, but some are a bit strange like Mr. Mime
>>
>>31446150
Thank god you psychic fags got nerfed. Because of you, Poison types were seen as a shitty defensive type, Even though we had a ton of resistances, everyone was packing Ground and Psychic. Now with very few good psychic attackers an Tapu Lele still being weak to Poison, My fave type is in much better shape
>>
>>31445738
>dark
i hate fighting types. the only reason as to why fighting even beats dark is because of the rebalancing for psychic types in gen 2. it doesnt make sense and it never was intended to. by the logic of a weak-to-psychic mon being effective against a strong-to-psychic mon, poison should be super effective against dark too.

bug types are kinda lame. bugs are boring, except araquanid and scizor i guess

dont even get me started on fairy types. everything about them including their very existence is a fucking mistake.
>>
Dragon

Ice: Needs more love. It's the forgotten cousin of the water type

Fairy: Doesn't feel very balanced yet. More Pokemon need the type to support them.

Dragon: Pseudo pokemon don't have to be dragons all the fucking time. Needs quality over quantity in future. Gen VII somewhat improved that.
>>
>>31446414
>everyone should like pokemon the same way I like it
nah, mate.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>Poison

>Ground
3rd favorite type, not sure how eating dirt gets rid of poison though

>Psychic
Hit or miss, I like more natural looking psychic types like Xatu and Exegutor rather than Mr. Mime and the like
>>
Dark

>Fighting: Was the shit in gen 1 & 2, got a bit better in 3. The moves are nice and i get behind most of the species, but it seems pretty boring overall

>bug: eh, whatever. Most of them are these "evolve to Stage 2 and fuck shit up in early game, but stink to valhalla and back in late game"-things. Other than that, some are cute.
>inb4 mega-beedrill

>fairy: now listen here, you little shit. this abomination isn't even a valid type. "ghethis hydreigon is too stronk"-noobs were whining about how they suck and how it's the games fault for being "op" and shit. Boom, gen6 introduced these gay little fuckers. and they got instant a legendary. this type doesn't make any sense, I mean, why the fuck is marill a fairy? Fucker doesn't even have wings or magic or shit! Only acceptible pokemon are Mimikyu and maybe, just maybe, klefki. Fairy... little shitbags. Would be perfect for unicorns. But noooo, mudsdale had to be fuckerhorse of the year.
>Other than that, I somehow like the pinkish sparklish Z-Move-thingy
>>
>>31451514
Didn't say that, actually. Just that I find it surprising people like a type that's not really good at anything. I didn't think people mixed in aesthetics with gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>31451744
samefag. I remembered something.

>Plus a good counter for "dark" would be plain and simple "light". The epic fight of good and evil, light and dark, order and chaos. Would've given some pretty decent designs and movesets, I'm sure about that. But instead we got these gay little critters
>>
>>31445738
Ghost
Surprise, still Ghost.
Dark types are nice, and Umbreon is one of my favourite Pokemon. It's the Pokemon Colosseum nostalgia, I tell you.
>>
File: d-nite.jpg (7KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
d-nite.jpg
7KB, 264x191px
Dragon is my favorite
>Fairies are too girly and also are a pain to fighting and dark which are also some of my favorite types
>Dragon signifies that your type is so awesome the only thing that can wear you down are your equally powerful kindred
>Ice- I'm a southerner who can work in 100+ degree heat, or 40 degrees for you non yanks, better than most but I fall to pieces under 50 degrees, again 10 degrees to any non USA folks. So I dislike Ice or anything cold.
>>
i like ice

fire
>some like it hot, i guess. i like the idea of elements being opposed to each other, so i try to fight with at least one similiar ice and one fire type

fighting
>who the fuck had the idea for this? I mean, "imaginary beasts are fighting. we need a fighting type." yeah. cool. but no. nobody needs that.

rock
>some cool ideas, but else rather ordinary. woohoo, I am a rock. that throws rocks! and i evolve into a larger rock. but wait, there's more! there is a large rock which throws rocks which throw rocks!
>yo dawg

Steel
>nice potential. To much "hard as steel", to few "Sharp like a blade". We got iirc 4 actual blade pokemon, one of them isn't even steel to begin with. and why lucario? the whole aura-thing seems more psychic to me
>>
>>31445738
>Grass

Fire: Kinda wish there were more of them
Flying: They're ok
Poison: I like them a lot too actually
Bug: Hit or miss, personally
Ice: They are tragically terrible
Water types with Ice coverage: why
>>
>>31451442
Well, it makes sense and is intended to, if you see it from japanese point of view. The Fighting-Type is seen as "the good", "the hero", "the strong", "honor" and all this shit. Dark, associated with "evil", "unfair, dirty fights" (Karen even mentions this part, I think).
Now Good triumphing over Evil is THE cliché of almost any story ever written, and so, Pokemon. Or to say it short: "See something scary? Punch it in the face!"

tl;dr: Dark is weak against fighting, because the good, righteous fighter triumphs over the unfair, sneaky piece of shit
>>
>>31451853
>I fall to pieces under 50 degrees
I genuinely can't understand this. I try not to go outside unless it's under 50 F.
>>
>>31445738
>Fairy
>Steel: They're OK, I like a few of them but they're sort of rare so there's not much to pick from.
>Poison: I don't really like the designs of poison types. The only one I've absolutely loved is Nihilego, and I suppose maybe Vileplume if we're going back to gen 1. Vileplume for some reason got sort of dumb looking in 3D idk.
>>
>Ghost

Dark type isn't so bad, since most Ghost types can learn counters against them and they make a good companion type in some cases

Ghost must defeat Ghost. Seems fair but I'd prefer if Normal types were incapable of learning Ghost moves, forcing a switch, diverse movepool or using a turn from Odor Sleuth or Foresight to hit them. Scrappy users are fine too.
>>
>Dark
>Bug: This thing needs to be super effective against more shit anyway so I don't mind, also helps that most of the Dark types I like the most are neutral/could give less of a shit against most bug moves.
>Fighting: Pretty justified teehee funny pun, don't use many fighting types myself but I think they have some pretty cool moves.

Fairy: WHAT THE FUCK GAMEFREAK WHY IS A DEFENSIVE TYPE SUPER EFFECTIVE AGAINST SO MUCH SHIT
>>
>>31446738
Poison bro here

Psychic: I love the psychic mon designs, but they feel too out of the spotlight lately.
Ground: Some are cool but I'm really not into their boring designs and EQ everywhere.
>>
File: IMG_4388.png (323KB, 581x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4388.png
323KB, 581x1012px
>>31445738
>Dark
Fighting: Annoying
Fairy: FUCK THIS SHIT
Bug: y tho
>>
File: MUST... THINK... ABOUT.....png (224KB, 501x343px) Image search: [Google]
MUST... THINK... ABOUT.....png
224KB, 501x343px
>Dark

Fairy
Makes sense, as fairy is the "good" type and good always triumphs over evil.

Fighting
Same boat as fairy, really. Best comparison tat could be made here is machamp and incineroar, machamp being a more "Honest" fighting style where incineroar represents a dirty wrestling style, and the types represent that

Bug
Doesn't make much sense to me but it's likely for balancing with psychic
>>
>water
Grass is another favorite of mine and it doesn't get enough love.
Electric:This type always bugs me because I'll never carry any resistances (hence why I like grass to balance that out)Emogola was an annoying bastard during my white/white 2 runs
Fairy
I'm neutral to the poison type though I carry Toxic on a lot of my pokemon
I warmed up to dark type because I used A-Meowth on my team. Technician fake out and pursuit were great. Plus I love umbreon despite how bad it is.
>>
File: ROBOTS.png (370KB, 835x424px) Image search: [Google]
ROBOTS.png
370KB, 835x424px
>>31452684
>Forgot my opinions on the types
I swear I'm not a retard

Fairy
Some alright pokemon, but FUCK KLEFKI, most fairies are well designed though

Fighting
Another good type, mostly underrepresented though, Hitmonchan is one of my favorite pokemon

Bug
Bugs are cool, Volcarona, both UB-02s and scizor to name a few
>>
>>31452698
fairy resists dark, but is weak to steel
>>
Ice

Fire: Not my favorite at all, not a fan of heat in general. Still, there are plenty of good designs for this type, and burn is a useful status. The normal version of pic related is my favorite pokemon.

Steel: One of my favorite types in this franchise. It's the polar opposite of Ice - good defensively, not so great offensively. It's a safe type to work with, and it's a solid type in general.

Fighting: I guess it's alright. I don't have to strong an opinion on this type. It could.use some.more special moves, I suppose. Poliwrath is a bro.

Rock: Possibly my least favorite type. Not because I dislike it or the pokemon, it's simply does not interest me that much. It is similar to Ice, though, having strong offense and weak defense.
>>
Electric

Ground: Pretty good type, earthquake is one of my favorite moves 7/10
>>
File: 1468345691984.png (78KB, 470x373px) Image search: [Google]
1468345691984.png
78KB, 470x373px
Fuck Fairies
>>
>grass
>fire could use more cool pokemon and fewer moves. Overall a cool type
>ice type, I like their moves and offensive advantages more than the pokemon
>flying, boring, and with little identity of its own
>bug, one of the more unique types. Could use more love, but it does have some cool shit like leech life, fell stinger, and M-Beedrill
>poison, more annoying than anything. Most pokemon are boring, but some like nigelego are cool.

Wew lad, I forget how many weaknesses it has
>>
>>31445738
Normal. Just normal.

>Fighting
I like Fighting as a type, but I dislike most of the actual Fighting Pokemon, because most them are just humans in costumes. They are fun to use though, so here are my favorite fighting types: Heracross, Lopunny, Machamp, Blaziken and Lucario.
>>
File: 1391387382012.gif (3MB, 223x279px) Image search: [Google]
1391387382012.gif
3MB, 223x279px
>Fire
Fellow sunbros

>Ice, Bug
Fellow "shittiest types in the game" bros

>Flying
Kind of a boring type, but it's full of variety because Flyings are almost always paired with another type

>Poison
Bros
>>
>>31451744
Competatively, Fighting sucked in Gen 1 and 2. Until Breloom, Medicham and Blaziken Fighting wasn't good. Machamp needed Priority and Noguard to be good, Hitmonlee Needed Unburden, and Heracross needed a mega.
>>
>>31454620
Yes and No. Machamp was OU even in GSC simply by being a soft check for Snorlax. Heracross was seeing a lot of use as well.
>>
>>31445738
>Steel
Fight: A little too vanilla for my tastes. Can be really satisfying to hulk out with high ATK, though.
Fire: I always thought fire moves were cool, but that might just be a holdover from when I was younger.
Ground: Fucking Earthquake
>>
>Flying
Electric- I like electric type as well but its not my favorite. Its a pretty good typing.
Ice- lel
Rock- Sneaker Pebbles is a pretty good move but i think they need an accuracy buff for most of their moves.
>>
Fire

Water: Gamefreak's demon child. Too many, and please nerf Scald.

Ground: For the record, I hate that almost anything can learn earthquake, but otherwise not bad.

Rock: Rip my Talonflame, but pretty good.
>>
File: Brown and Ready to Clown.png (381KB, 900x652px) Image search: [Google]
Brown and Ready to Clown.png
381KB, 900x652px
>>31445738
>muh ground
>Water
pretty neato. Has some of the coolest designs, got no gripes with it. two of the coolest ground types are half-water too so yeah boi.
>Ice
A shame that one of the rarer types is also pretty much the worst. Them four strengths is nothing to them four common-ass weaknesses. Love it personally, sneasel, froslass, and mamoswine are the shit, and ice made my favorite boi sandslash even fucking cooler, so props to the icebros for sticking in if there is any
>Grass
Has the best starter in the series that also corresponds to my favorite type. a lot of em tend to be kinda wasted potential, but the good shit is fantastic.
>>
>>31451922
>thinking Fighting types battle the same way any other Pokemon do
>>
>Fairy

>Poison
Grass needs to be buffed so Poison can be relevant and consequently nerf Fairy a little. Also, make it have some kind of exclusivity with Toxic.
Has a nice aesthetic that I really like, purple is cool.

>Steel
Don't really care for it and don't really like many Pokémon of this type. Klefki is awesome.
>>
>>31445738
Poison
>psychic is alright, always felt like a less interesting ghost type. A lot of the attacks have interesting effects though.
>ground, brotier. Favorite pocket monster is Nidoking. Ground's immunity to electric and awesome stab coverage makes it pretty hard to hate.
>Bug, probably my second or third favorite type 2beeH.
>>
File: Kingdra.png (218KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdra.png
218KB, 500x500px
Dragon
>Ice
One of my favorite types, no beef here.
>Fairy
Mixed bag. I hated almost all the gen 6 designs but I'm digging a lot of the gen 7 ones. Sylveon might be my least favorite Pokemon.
>Dragon
A little bit edgy with some duds here and there, but the well designed dragons are some of the most memorable Pokemon for me. I like that a lot of dragons have wide and interesting movepools and oftentimes cool second types.
>>
File: IMG_3107.png (269KB, 800x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3107.png
269KB, 800x950px
Dark

>Fighting
Not a huge fan of their designs for the most part, I've only ever used Meinshao and Bewear, but I feel bad for special fighting types because they're some of the most cucked Pokémon.

>Bug
No complaints here, my favorite Pokémon is half bug type. I wish GF would buff them both offensively and defensively, though.

>Fairy
The ultimate symbol of GF's incompetence. There were so many other options they could have chosen to check dragon, and their solution was to create a type more broken than dragon ever was. Absolutely brilliant.

Also, why is dark immune to psychic? Is there a good in-universe reason or was it gen 2's version of fairy fuckery?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
>>31445772
Thanks bro. Firebros are A-ok in my book.
>Ground
>Flying: Flyers are cool, but they're a bit too common and boring. At least most Ground types get some coverage against them.
>Grass:Grass types are cool too, I guess.
>Water: Why are there so many water pokemon wtf
>Ice: Has some cool looking pokemon, but the type itself doesn't feel that effective against anything except dragons.
>>
>>31456883
I forgot that Flying isn't super effective against Ground. Whoops.
>>
>>31445851
I always thought of it more as a blacksmith making a weapon for a fighter, but that's just a personal stretch.
>>
File: Elite Four Team.png (53KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
Elite Four Team.png
53KB, 360x240px
Water
>Grass
One of my other favorite types, Decidueye is my favorite starter, which is good because the water starter this gen isn't exactly to my tastes unlike all the previous. Grass has lots of neat designs and cool concepts like Ferrothorn, Abomasnow or Kartana.
>Electric.
Electric is kinda weird. Despite being one of the seemingly main elemental types there's surprisingly few of them. Way less machinelike pokemon then I'd expect, basically only Magnemite, Voltorb, Rotom and Xurkitree. Most of them are just electric animals but a lot of them are cool like Luxray Eelektross, Vikavolt. And then you have weird cool stuff like Tapu Koko or Alolan Golem the bearded Railgun.
>>
>>31446187
Grass is weak to harmful chemicals, like pesticides. It makes sense to me.
>>
>>31451581
Can you Poison the Ground itself and have any effect?
No.
>>
File: file.png (676KB, 707x958px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
676KB, 707x958px
>Grassfag

>Fire:
I don't hate fire types, but they always felt almost too few and far between. Most gens have just the starter, and maybe a line or 2. I almost feel bad for firefags

>Bug:
Probably my third-ish favorite type. Lots of cool pokemon (especially since gen 5), but unfortunately a shit ton of bad ones. GF needs to try and balance bugs better.

>Flying:
Normal-lite. Some cool mons but it's so full of bad ones, and the designs are sometimes a bit too generic.

>Ice:
I feel more pity towards ice than anything. Horrible defensively, and so many water types can learn the important ice moves (and/or have a secondary ice typing) that it's almost not worth it to ever use ice-types. A shame too, because there are some really well designed ice-types.

>Poison:
Also in my top 5 typings. Like with bug I feel that GF has slowly but surely being better to poison types. I'm conflicted on whether or not it's good that, like the aforementioned ice moves, toxic (and secondary poison typings) is/are so widespread. Makes it a bit useless to have a poison type sometimes. I love them, though.
>>
>>31451770
I don't really care about the gameplay one bit. I don't play competitive with the exception of the TCG so design is top priority for me. As for playing the official games, six magikarp could splash their way through it o ehh to competitiveness.
>>
File: ghosts.jpg (476KB, 1280x1630px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts.jpg
476KB, 1280x1630px
>>31445738
>favorite type
Ghost
>types its weak to
Ghost: kind of redundant, love them.

Dark: An interesting type, not a huge fan but it has it's nice designs. I wish the "evil" aspect of them was used more interestingly. While not a fan of it really I have to admit incineroar being dark as its a heel is honestly smart.
>>
File: IMG_5308.jpg (101KB, 448x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5308.jpg
101KB, 448x449px
>Favorite
Poison

>weaknesses
Ground: I like ground enough to put it in my top 5 types and think the advantage over poison is fine.

Psychic: this one falls below the halfway mark on my rankings. There are some great psychic types and sort of get it from a balancing standpoint. I don't buy the mind over matter explanation some try to spin but it's fine.

I like that poison can work offensively or defensively. The addition of fairy types, while not handled perfectly, did boost poison and steel types which was nice.
>>
>Dragon

>Dragon:
It's my favorite type, but I wish GF would design more varied mons for it instead of SUPERMACHODRAGONKILLKILLDEATHREEEE, you know?

>Ice:
I like the type a lot. If only it was Super Effective against Water.

>Fairy:
I'm on the fence about Fairy. On one hand it gives Dragon, Fighting, and Dark a much needed weakness, but on the other the type exists only for balancing and the designs aren't great (with a few exceptions like ALNinetales).
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.