[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blank avatar.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon Zoroark Dream World.png (55KB, 555x383px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Zoroark Dream World.png
55KB, 555x383px
They really need to kill the blank avatar meme.

I'm tired of it and I can't be the only one. I want to see the main character actually talk with text bubbles/boxes.
>>
>>31443056
They did in Sun & Moon, remember?
>>
>>31443056
what is this
and why post ruse fox?
>>
>>31443195
Kek. That pathetic one or two answer bullshit? Sun & Moon is the game that made me notice just how blank the protagonist is. Especially with the avatar always smiling like a retard.
>>
>>31443222
A topic. Because I like Zoroark.
>>
>>31443056

You may be tired of it, but it's never changing. Get used to it.
>>
File: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.jpg (76KB, 674x687px) Image search: [Google]
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.jpg
76KB, 674x687px
>>31443238
then you are mah nigga, no matter what youre bitching about
>>
Blank Player Characters are better for kids so they can self-insert and feel like they are actually on a Pokemon adventure.
>>
>>31443056
>I'm tired of it and I can't be the only one. I want to see the main character actually talk with text bubbles/boxes.

That's the one thing that would make me quit the series.

No point in playing somebody else's story, there's countless of other generic JRPGs to do that.
>>
>>31443258
Literally this.

Anyone who wants the player character to have a personality is retarded. Pokémon is all about self-inserting, having a team of Pokémon YOU like. They need to give us more freedom, more exploration and less linearity, not give us a generic shounen protagonist to play as.
>>
>>31443258
>>31443595
But self-inserting is fucking autistic.
>>
>>31443628
You're not the target audience then.
>>
>>31443628
It isn't.

What do you do when you play Pokémon then? Imagine you're playing as the "canon" character? "Oh I'm gonna pick Pokémon Dawn would use". Or create an OC to play as? THAT'S autistic.
>>
>>31443664
I don't imagine anything at all. Why would I pretend to be the canon character or an OC?

Needing to pretend that you're a person inside the game world to get immersed sounds pretty autistic to me. You do also pretend you're character in the story when you watch a movie or read a book?
>>
>>31443714
this has to be bait

you don't have any control over the events of a book or movie, retard
>>
>>31443714
>I don't imagine anything at all.

What... what DO you do, then?
Who is the main character? What appeals to you in Pokémon?
>>
>>31443724
You don't have any real control over the events in a Pokemon storyline either. No matter what you do the cutscenes and other story-related sections of the game play out the same. The only control you have is over the pace of the story and gameplay-related things that don't affect the narrative at all like your Pokemon team.
>>
>>31443773
Yeah, and those are things most people want to change. We want MORE freedom, not less.

It's still a game where the player is meant to self insert.

You're

A) In denial about that being a main characteristic of this game series

or

B) Are in the ridiculous minority that wants this to change.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.