[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Generation 2 the most universally loved generation in /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: kantojohto.png (442KB, 788x328px) Image search: [Google]
kantojohto.png
442KB, 788x328px
Is Generation 2 the most universally loved generation in /vp/?
>>
no because it never even scores top 3 in best game polls
>>
>finish johto
>suddenly a whole region that you know and love opens up
this is a good feel. newer pokemon games lack this feel

also probably a feel that isn't felt as feely unless you're 10 years old
>>
>>31441329
I wish it was but no
>>
That would be gens 4 and 7. 5 would count if it also wasn't the second most hated generation.
>>
>>31441329
Gen 2 was bad. If it weren't for gen 4 it might be the worst.
>>
>>31441358
HGSS counts
>>
>>31441329
Eh it's ok.
>>
Not at all. Crystal was the weakest Pokemon game i played
>>
File: 1469249914355.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1469249914355.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>31441382
>tfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMcfQSXcZ3I
>>
>you couldn't go left to johto after finishing the leage in FRLG
one job.
>>
>>31441444
>gen 4 game
>gen 2

No.
>>
>>31441694
>sinnohfetus thinks he owns johto
>>
>>31441382
That feel. That kind of feely feel that feels... feely.
>>
>>31441879
>gen 4 is gen 4
>gen 2 is gen 2
Whoa, it's like there's a reason we don't identify them by region.
>>
File: 1470526801636.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470526801636.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
>>31441382
>npc:hey do you know what you just did? You took your first step into Kanto! check your map and see!
>Me:what the fuck is Kanto?
>mfw I check the map

No, I did not know that gen 1 region was called kanto back when I was dumping hundreds of hours into blue and yellow version, the only thing that stuck with me from the gen 1 manual was the backstory of you and your rival, and the anime never name dropped the region
>>
I played X and ORAS back to back. Got the same sensation of travelling to an old region as in GSC.
>>
>>31441329
>kanto's wife's son

probably since most of this board is numels, just look at all the daily decidueye threads
>>
Gen 2 was good in its time, way better than that trash gen 1.
Gen 4's Johto was also good
Johto relied too much on Kanto though for more shit in their games but to be fair it's supposed to be a(n indirect) sequel.
>>
>>31441390
But gen 4 is also hated the same reason why gen 5 is hated, because of /some/ of its pokemon designs.

I find it unfair for both of them though, a lot of pokemon from gen 5 especially were good and both regions were rather diverse and have good music. The stories for both of them were the most decent of the mainline games along with S/M. B2/W2 is also considered one of the best in recent years.
>>
>>31445605
Calling Gen 1 trash goes to show how childish people are, without it, Gen 2 and up wouldn't exist, are you calling Gen 1 trash because you think it's inferior to Gen 2, because that's how newer games work, and if your someone who'll discard the first of every game for the sequels then you aren't much of a gamer
>>
>>31443354
>No, I did not know that gen 1 region was called kanto back when I was dumping hundreds of hours into blue and yellow version

To be fair, I don't think Kanto got it's name until Gen II. It's not mentioned at all in the Gen 1 games.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.