[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shinies you've lost..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2412x1810px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2412x1810px
Who was it, /vp/? You can tell me.

Pic related, thrashed and fainted itself due to confusion. First shiny I've ever lost in 20+ years of playing.
>>
Golbat. Went full retard with it and uploaded it on gen IV GTS asking for a Bulbasaur 1-10. When I regret it, which was days later, I couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi anymore. That Bulbasaur will forever be in oblivion.
>>
Graveler in Heart Gold.
Broke out of my ball and blew up.
>>
>>31439558
Pancham, I was just grinding exp with my Gabite when that little fucker appeared. I brought him to red HP with 1 hit and when he hit me back he killed himsel with Gabite's Rough Skin.

It was my second shiny ever (I've never shiny hunted) and that made me sad.
>>
stop false swiping you fuckin faggots, this and self destruct are the ONLY ways I see shiny fails but you KEEP. FALSE. SWIPING.
>>
I ran away from a shiny Goldeen while looking for Suicune in SS, I only remember that it was shiny because of the sparkle effect and I thought "That's kind of cool I guess", not knowing how rare shinies were. Didn't bother to catch it because I didn't quite like Goldeen.
>>
Safari Zone Rhyhorn in Firered
Selfdestructing Geodude in Pearl
Uxie in Platinum that struggled itself to death

Butterfree, Woobat, Infernape, and Floatzel that were on a cartridge that I lost.
>>
>>31439558
Nidorino. It was May of 2008 in the Safari Zone in FireRed and I was just re-playing it to get the National Dex and shit and it appeared out of nowhere. Since this is "lost shinies" thread, you can tell what happened. I didn't play for a week out of frustration, but I've long since obtained a few shiny Nidoran Males in X and evolved one into Nidorino.
>>
Fucking Wooper in gen 4 Safari Zone.

Also a gen 3 Tentacool. Lost that one because my Emerald cartridge FUCKING CRASHED and I foolishly didn't save right after catching it. First time a Pokemon game ever crashed on me and it hasn't happened since.
>>
>>31439558
haven't lost one because i'm not a stupid idiot
>>
>>31439714
just retarded
>>
OP here.

It's nice to hear other people's stories (sort of, considering..)

I don't even care that I lost a Gyarados. I mean obviously it's not rare. And I can get another (currently chaining for another) it's just the fact that I failed a shiny encounter.. It's new to me. I mean I even managed to catch a shiny Zangoose in a horde of Seviper.

I just kept thinking how I hope the shiny that appears is a Magikarp, I never paid attention to Gyarados' moveset. I didn't even know what happened at first. I was sending a picture to my friend and when I looked down it was fainting and the battle ended. Then I remember seeing it use Thrash. It didn't click at the time but if it did I would have been fine.. Poor judgment on my part.

[spoilers];~;[/spoilers]
>>
Croagunk in Pearl, in great marsh, guess what he did.
Oh and a shiny Nidoking in Silver. He was there but I have no way of transferring mons from gen 2 games
>>
Shiny Cubone in Sun, found it in the wild without S.O.S chaining
Didn't save after catching it, and my game crashed soon after.
>>
>>31439558
A beautiful blue Venomoth in the LeafGreen Safari Zone.

At least I got catch a sweet chocolate Rhyhorn there.

Which I regret evolving.

Shiny Rhyhorn is super boring and shiny Rhyperior is an unappealing yellow.
>>
>>31439558
I found a shiny Boldore in White during my first playthrough.
I went in blind and didn't notice the gleam, so I killed it. I only found out it was shiny when I checked the Pokédex days later.
>>
Shiny wooper in the great marsh. Fuck safari zones.
>>
I never even encountered a shiny one.
except recently I caught a shiny Nosepass in fucking Super Theta Emerald, the romhack. I wonder if they actually hacked the shiny encounter rates.

but that was the only shiny one I've ever found.
Red Gyarados never counts obviously.
>>
Starly in Diamond, I managed to catch it and when I was about to save the game,it crashed, it was horrible...
I also lost a shiny klefki in friend safari in X, I was shiny hunting a Mawile, I was being guided by the cry so I wasn't looking at the console (I was watching TV), if I didn't heard a Mawile I tap the "Run" button instantly,then I heard the Klefki but didn't heard the sparkle so I ran, I turned to look at the console while I was escaping the battle and I noticed it was shiny, I felt stupid that day, but I got the siny Mawile a while later(like 2 hours after).
>>
>>31439792
Hey, venomoth was the first shiny I ever got on my own! I promptly lost my LeafGreen after getting it though...
>>
>trying to get a red gyarados instead of just importing it from gen 4
now THIS is autism
>>
Shiny Taillow
Lost it after starting again but not transferring
One of 12 legitimate shinies i found in ORAS
Thanks shiny charm
>>
File: 1468410392180.png (20KB, 586x550px) Image search: [Google]
1468410392180.png
20KB, 586x550px
>Being so bad you lose shinies
>ever
>>
Shiny metang from poke pelago. YOU ARE TELLING ME THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE SURE YOU ABSOLUTELY GAT TO KEEP THE VISITING MONS? bullshit.
>>
I lost a shiny Ghastly in the mansion in Pearl. I was levelling up my Shellos, and I knew it's water pulse did about 50% of a Ghastly's health. Of course, I get a critical hit. I also missed a shiny Kangaskhan in Silver, because I ran out of pokeballs.
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Was chaining riolus and I found a shiny one. It kept calling for help when it broke out of its ball and it called in another shiny one. Deliberately killing a shiny was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in Pokemon.
>>
>>31440281
If he doesn't own hg/ss and has no intention of paying the game then it isn't. Maybe he wants an Alolan one
>>
>playing romhack
>capture shining Zubat
>shitty romhack corrupts the save file after beating the Elite 4

>playing Gold
>find shiny Hoothoot immediatelly
>can't capture it because still don't have the pokeballs
>>
File: 1481560425200.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
1481560425200.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31440389
why are you pretending to be me LMFAO HOLY SHIT DUDE WE ARE BROTHERS
>>
>>31439714
as opposed to a smart idiot??
>>
>>31439558
I found a shiny dusclops in the battle pike, first shiny I ever found.
>>
File: 41.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>31439558
Shiny Gabite after countless chains, decide to do the idiotic thing and use False Swipe on it.
Completely forget it knows Takedown...

...recoil ended it and I stopped looking for shinies in the desert from then on out.
>>
>>31440533
ghost types anon
>>
>>31439558

I was soft resetting in Pokémon X for shiny chespin

I learn how to move fast skipping text checking dex and then SF'ing

I was being distracted by this movie and noticed a shiny and SF it by accident and habit

I eventually had to run without a shiny because it still took way too long

>tfw Pokémon Sun and Moon is even longer

Nope not even gonna bother
>>
>>31440281
>>31440403
Exactly. I don't have HG/SS and they're super expensive online. Besides who knows when bank is coming out.

And technically I was looking for a Magikarp, but anyway.
>>
>>31439558
Gyarados is still one of the best shinies.
>>
Losing a shiny is the one and only time where I find it completely acceptable to inject shinies. To replace the one that got away (or killed itself).
>>
>>31439558
I've done it 3 times.
My first Shiny was a Gastly in FireRed when I was about 11. My sister wanted to play a new game and deleted my save.
The second was a Dusclops. I ran away hunting in a Friend Safari. Same thing happened with a Trumbeak when I was trying to find a Stufful to chain.
>>
His name was Djinn, and he was only one of many I lost in the god damn purge.

I played X and Y almost continuously for the years after they launched. I'm a shiny collector, never cared much for competitive play. I just bred or horde-spammed for the shinies I liked and would play through the game with shiny teams for fun. I had one, though, who was my prized bro. Took me 30+ boxes to breed a speed boost 5IV shiny venipede (scolipede is my all-time favorite pokemon). I was so freakin pumped I constructed a new team. Golurk, Swalot, Lopunny, Politoed, Arcanine and Scolipede. All legit. The best shiny squad.

I dropped my 3DS off the end of my bed. Didn't think much of it until it wouldn't start up the next day. The charge light would come on and the power light would blink before cutting off again. Took it to be repaired and was told something was fucked with the internal battery. Couldn't be fixed. This was a downloaded version of the game so I couldn't just swap the cartridge. I bought a new 3DS and swapped out the SD cards, hoping desperately the save file would still be there if I re-downloaded my purchased game.

Nah. They were gone.

There's a bittersweet happy ending, though. An injector on /VP/ gave me a lvl 1 shiny venipede with speed boost. It had my OT so I renamed it Djinn, an exact replica of my prized boy. Well, except he'd been made female, which is weird I guess, but I'm rolling with it. Now I can't wait to take my lady bro all over Alola for a new adventure.
>>
I recently ran away from shiny pikipek. Didn't realize until the screen started fading, confirmed it via pokedex. To be fair, I'd rather breed for a shiny so I can give it some egg moves. Still hurts, though.
>>
a pidgey on pokemon CHRISTMAS, of all the fucking hacks.
magikarp on ruby as a kid, and tentaciol on emerald. lost them on a soulsilver save with some event mons when i was trying to reset the pokewalker and reset the file instead.
graveler that exploded in x.
shiny pelliper in moon, didnt notice until after it was dead.
>>
>>31439558
I had 2.
The first was a graveler. I forget which gen, but it was in a wild double battle. It self-destructed first turn.
Second was a Swanna when I was crossing one of the bridges in gen V and wasn't paying attention. I only realized it JUST after I had hit run.
Those were the only natural shinies I've ever encountered.
>>
A Spinda in Emerald. The only way I had to lower its health without immediately killing it was a move that had a chance of poison.

I've caught/hatched 7 other shinies by random chance throughout my games though, so I'm not too salty about it.
>>
File: 1481520787210.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481520787210.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>31441568
i feel like i've seen this post before
>>
>>31439558
What is this 'shiny pokemon' you speak of?
I've never run into one except lake of rage gyarados of course
>>
>>31439623
What do you suggest?
Not damaging it at all and relying on status moves?
>>
>>31439623
>what is damp
>what is ghost for recoil moves
>what is heal pulse
>>
Duskull because i thought it was a regular one and killed it (first time seeing duskull ever)

Was breeding purloins releasing bad iv and no HA and just when it was released i saw the shiny icon
Now its gone.
>>
Zigzagoon, but only because i forgot to port it up to gen 4 before resetting Emerald. Now i have like 5 of the damned things. All of you people that can't catch shinies are bad at the game.
>>
>>31441825
How does pure RNG have anything to do with being good or bad at the game?
>>
>>31441863
>hey there's a shiny!
>i'm gonna use bide!
>>
shiny zubat in x, i was trying to take a picture of it like an IDIOT and dropped my phone on the touchscreen ALSO like an IDIOT

all i could do was watch in horror as my talonflame murdered that poor bat
>>
OP here.

Still chaining Magikarps. I refuse to let my failure end a streak! I've caught 7 shinies in 6 days. Gyarados would have been 8 in 7. I won't give up!
>>
A Shiny Beldum in one of the gen 4 games
I had a Ghost type to deal with take down, but the sand was a hassle, and despite being at 1 HP and statused, refused to get into any of my balls.
>>
>>31441893
I am dumb and forgot what this thread was primarily complaining about (lost shinies vs not getting shinies in general)
Woops.
Yeah, if you're doing shit that's going to rather obviously murder what you're hitting, that's your own damn fault.
Most of what's been said here isn't that, though.
And you've caught twice as many Zigzagoons than I've encountered non-fixed shinies period
>>
Beldum

I was testing out the SOS system for myself and just seeing how long I could keep the chain going in amusement when it appeared. I had Decideye false swipe it, but it kept getting successful calls for help every turn so not only did I have to kill the other beldum I had to use every other turn to try and catch it with every ball I had, I tried quick balls, timer balls, ultra balls, not a single one worked. Eventually it just struggled and died since struggle is a ??? move rather than a normal move I remember it being. I'm still scared about attempting it again
>>
>>31441999
Stuff like the lost Safari Zone shiny is what makes me straight up avoid those areas. All you can do is chuck pokeballs, really.

Never use a masterball on a normal legendary.
>>
Shiny Marill in Diamond safari zone

Still sad to this day
>>
File: feast on your tears.jpg (42KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
feast on your tears.jpg
42KB, 450x300px
Proud to say that I have never, ever lost a shiny.
>>
I lost a Golbat all the way back in Crystal because my current box was full. Also lost a shiny Pidgey in Fire Red because I didn't have any Pokeballs.

I am shit at inventory management.
>>
That stupid fish in gen 5 whose name I can't even remember. Found it randomly during a playthrough and only had like 6 pokeballs on me or something stupid. Broke out of every one. I was pissed.

Also a shiny bibarel in the platinum marsh that ran away.
>>
>>31442556
Basculin
>>
>>31439558

2009 - Gastrodon
2011 - Swinub
2012 - Watchog

No shinies are kill yet unless I lost some in gen 2/3 my dumb kid ass might have missed or not known
>>
>>31439623
It's not wrong to False Swipe, he just has to Spore first.

And kill the other Magikarp. Gyarados rarely calls anyway.
>>
Shiny Jellicent in White 2. I got so excited I instantly chucked a master ball at it, and went on to EV train it and boxed one of my Pokemon to put it on my team. Lost the cartridge soon after.
>>
File: UfF5QGA.jpg (144KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
UfF5QGA.jpg
144KB, 1280x960px
shiny shelmet in bw2 it took me a second to realize it was shiny but I could resume the whole experience with one phrase:
>Shelmet used final gambit!
>>
>>31442563
Yes, that's it, thank you.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.