[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank the Pokémon Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon-Movie01-Mewtwo.jpg (60KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Movie01-Mewtwo.jpg
60KB, 640x427px
What are the best Pokémon movies and why are they 4Ever, Heroes, and 3 in that order?
>>
oh god
let's re-create the pokemon movie posters using clipart on ms word or someshit
>>
4ever > 3 > darkrai > first > heroes >>>>>>>>>> everything else
>>
>>31438856
Was 3 actually pretty good or is that my nostolga?
>>
File: movieee.png (65KB, 1678x1034px) Image search: [Google]
movieee.png
65KB, 1678x1034px
>>31438872
made with paint instead. r8 m8
>>
>>31438947
3 was the fucking best.
Followed by 1st and 2nd.
Everything else is shit.
>>
The good ones:
3 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 1

Honorable mentions:
7, 8, 13

The rest are complete garbage
>>
>>31438972
>first two movies
>good

3, 8, and the Sinnoh trilogy are the only ones worth watching.
>>
>>31438856
God Tier:
1. Mewtwo Strikes Back
8. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
10. The Rise of Darkrai

High Tier:
3. The Spell of the Unown
7. Destiny Deoxys
12. Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Good Tier:
2. The Power of One
4. Celebi: Voice of the Forest
5. Heroes: Latios and Latias
6. Jirachi: Wish Maker
9. Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
13. Zoroark: Master of Illusions
15. Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice

Okay Tier:
16. Genesect and the Legend Awakened
11. Giratina and the Sky Warrior
14. Victini and Reshiram/Zekrom
>>
>>31438856
I'd argue 3 is the best as an actual film, IE a story told visually with a compelling plot, characterization, etc. The story surrounding Molly and her trauma, the ability to use pokemon to create the ultimate wish fulfillment, the clever use of pokemon to push forward themes and plot devices, well done battles that all either reinforced the theme of the movie or drove the plot forward, and a fitting resolution that left the story told complete.

Other movies might be comfier, like forever, or have cooler shit happen, like Darkrai, but as an actual story, I don't think anything has topped Spell of The Unown
>>
4ever and Heroes are dark af.

That is all.
>>
The third movie is the only movie that can actually be called good.

3>8>10

The rest are shit and only appeals to nostalgiafags
>>
I haven't seen a Pokemon movie since Destiny Deoxys, but I watched all the ones up to it. Is it worth marathoning all the ones since, or should I skip around?

Also, dub or sub?
>>
People always give me shit for my taste but wtv:

2000 > 4ever > Metwo vs Mew > 3 > the one with latias and latios > mewtwo returns > Didn't watch the rest.

I also liked GT, fight me.
>>
>>31440845
Sub after DP
>>
>>31439183
Yeah I would totally have to agree with you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.