[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which console and which pokemon version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon.jpg (2MB, 5020x2362px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
2MB, 5020x2362px
Which hand-held console should I get? I have never played Pokémon before and I want the best experience as my first. I was thinking a Gameboy Colour? Also, which version of Pokémon should I get? I don't the difference.
>>
>>31436584
If you're dead set on getting a Color, start with Red or Blue. The only difference really is just the Pokemon that are available.
Otherwise, I'd start with Fire Red or Leaf Green. It's a full remake of the originals, and GBA is a good place to start.
>>
Start with Black or White. Soft reboot that isn't dated.
>>
>>31436584
Get a 3ds
>Gen 1 on Virtual console
>Can play gen 2 and gen 3 remakes
>Gen 4,5,6,and 7 also play on it
>>
>>31436629
This.

It's basically a soft reboot. Not slow like gen4 and the story is pretty good.

Play Platinum & Emerald/ORAS too.

If you want to play Kanto play FRLG, after that play HGSS.

You can emulate everything, though you'll need a decent comp to emulate 3DS games.
If not emulating, buy a 3DS. You won't be able to play Emerald or FRLG, but you can play them with homebrew.
>>
>>31436584
>I was thinking a Gameboy Colour?

don't. it's vastly inferior compared to a 3Ds.

>>31436672
this.

>>31437067
this too.

plenty of good advice. also, Platinum is fucking great so far. But you should just start with LeafGreen or FireRed, then play SoulSilver, then check out Emerald on GBA, then Platinum and then White/Black and then W/B 2.

you don't need to go for all at once. just take it easy, but in that order is a good idea because if you never played Pkmn, you should try to experience Gen 1 and Kanto first.
>>
>>31436584
They're all pretty bad.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.