[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crystal Version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png (131KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png
131KB, 250x249px
Is there any reason to play it when HGSS exist?
>>
>>31435917
Yup, to play as Kris
>>
>>31435917
You can catch Phanpy and Teddiursa before the first gym in Crystal.

Your sissy casualized meme remakes can't compete.
>>
>>31435961

Hoppip is also more common and Poliwag and Growlithe are pre-gym 1 too.
>>
>>31435917
You can save the game in HGSS.
>>
>>31435917
music is better in crystal. See Dark Cave https://youtu.be/IXqmIkCYOSM
https://youtu.be/1rPcKPTiqx8
>>
The little animations when a Pokemon appears are kinda neat. Also the music is better.
>>
>>31436673
HGSS has GB sounds though. A shame you get them so late in the game, the choice should have been there from the start.
>>
>>31436732
ooh i never knew that
>>
>>31435961
teddiursa is actually my favorite johto mon
call it shit taste, i dont care
>>
>>31436732
Except the GB sound option isn't the original music, it's new chiptune remixes that aren't as good either.
>>
>>31436769
Yeah, I know that they aren't the most accurate version due to the way music is produced, but I thought they were worth mentioning.
>>
Not having to worry about natures or having some fun with cheats that can bug out in Hg/Ss.
>>
>>31436673
That's sad considering Dark Cave was the only good updated theme out of any of the remakes.

ORAS, HGSS and FRLG failed when it came to music.
>>
>>31435961
>meme remakes

stop.
>>
Crystal is comfier
>>
>>31436869
ORAS is objectively better than the original with respect to RS' trumpet hell.

HGSS is ultimately a matter of preference (arguments to be made for both the original chip music and the updated soundfont).

FRLG's music being called a "failure" is an exaggeration.
>>
>>31435917
There's not much difference between the two other than the BF and new pokemon. So in the end it's just personal preference as to which one you go for.

I'd say Crystal though because it wasn't based on Gen 4.
>>
>>31435917
Elemental Punches Abra
>>
>>31437104
Yo I dropped my starter for this as a kid in Crystal (since I already went through Silver with the starter I liked). It was unstoppable.
>>
>>31436853
This guy gets it

While the remakes are direct upgrades its still nice to go back to simpler times
>>
>>31437135
You better have evolved it to Alakazam nigga
>>
>>31437154
Of course. I wonder if it's still on my Crystal cart. I guess we couldn't transfer from gen 2 to 3 so it should be assuming I never reset.
>>
>>31436853
>>31437149
You two obviously haven't played a game since gen 2.
You can play without a care for Natures, IVs, EVs moves etc. in any game. Just admit that you want to play for the visual style.
>>
>>31436769
That one note at the beginning of the legendary beast's theme that's way more high pitched than the original triggers me
>>
>>31436760
Anon it's great taste
>>
>>31437056
Emerald has better story + postgame
>>
>>31437224
Eh, story is debateable or obvious reasons.
As for postgame it has variety but is certainly lacking in overall longevity.
>>
File: alakazam.jpg (59KB, 761x768px)
alakazam.jpg
59KB, 761x768px
>>31437174
Just checked and I guess the battery died cause there's no data :-(
>>
>>31435917
You can catch Sneasel in Ice Path. I have no deal why they didn't bring that back.
>>
>>31437184
Finishing Platinum as we speak, having less variables deciding the performance of your pokémon is nice, call it autism if you wish but it sucks when your pokémon has the wrong ability or a nature that won't give them any advantages
>>
>>31435917
Odd egg
>>
>>31437246
F

RIP best psychic
>>
>>31435917
BAG FUCK
>>
>>31437253
>having less variables deciding the performance of your pokémon is nice
That's the thing anon, unless you're using something like a team of Ledian those mon will always be usable in game with next to no difficulty. There are no factors that can affect the performance of your pokemon within the main game other than your own individual play style.
>>
File: 1480913975785.jpg (191KB, 676x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1480913975785.jpg
191KB, 676x1200px
>>31437261
Thank you anon
>>
>>31437291
I disagree, even in single player something as small as an extra 10 in speed can save a match

I am currently doing a platinum steel mono-type challenge, during my first attempt i caught a Bronzor whose ability was heatproof, i ended up regretting that later and instead seeking for one that knew levitate, having someone who was immune to earthquake turned out to be more useful and i could counter the lack of resistance against fire with other pokémon, making my team stronger

When i was beating Emerald my Alakazam had a terrible nature that fucked with its speed, it was a psychic run and my whole team got swept by a Gengar, turns out the difference in speed between them was so minimal all i had to do was gain one level to OHKO that Gengar (IIRC the Gengar was a few levels above but i can't confirm that)

So yeah, less variables can be very convenient, the only variable i will never give a fuck about are IVs because fuck that noise, giving RNG less chances of fucking you in the ass is also great
>>
File: gen 2.jpg (1MB, 1940x1931px) Image search: [Google]
gen 2.jpg
1MB, 1940x1931px
>>31436673
Listening to the original gen 2 music is seriously magical for me. Probably not an uncommon sentiment but I feel compelled to share.
>>
>>31437407
>even in single player something as small as an extra 10 in speed can save a match
It doesn't really bolster your point by stating a variable that should apply to gen 1 and 2 as well. In any case it has never held that much bearing in a main game match.
As for the rest of your post that falls in line with the whole "individual play style" thing I said before.
You needlessly sought out a mon for no particular reason other than you not liking it not that it was affecting your team negatively, because lets be honest nothing can affect a team negatively.

Also, it's worth noting that the Battle Frontier and base battles are not part of the main game so your Alakazam and Gengar example isn't going to fly mainly because battle facilities have always needed top tier mon, especially in gen 2 where it would periodically glitch out on the player.
>(IIRC the Gengar was a few levels above but i can't confirm that)
More than likely given how open level worked in gen 3, it would scale to your highest leveled making anything lower essentially dead weight. Bases on the other hand copied the current team of whoever you mixed records down to the level.
And before you say anything about how I know it's the Frontier or bases, Gengar's line isn't found in Hoenn meaning the only two instances enabling that scenario were the Frontier or a Secret base battle. Personally the latter doesn't really seem feasible especially since it seems to be a recent run for you.
That or this whole thing is just a fabricated story in order to justify your autism.

TL;DR
Nothing matters for in game, you could have the worst nature, ability and IVs and still sweep like it's your birthright.
>>
>>31435917
History and nostalgia. It's nice to look at to see how far pokemon has come since the GB days. If you genuninely want to play through Johto, HGSS is they way to go.
>>
>>31435952
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLfPZUmL6h8
>>
>>31437241
Crystal has battle tower
>>
>>31435917
Nostalgia, that's it.
And im saying that as a Johtofag.
>>
nothing beyond muh nostalgia
>>
>>31436769
many of them are essentially the same, but it triggered me when i bought the hgss soundtrack and the gsc sounds disk was not the OG chiptunes.
>>
>>31436673
feels very good i'm not alone thinking music is glorious.
Also when we can have G/S/C in VC?
>>
>>31435952
"HG/SS Golden Edition" on Google, first result.
Your welcome.

>>31436594
You can save in literally every Main Pokémon Game since Generation I, are you drunk?
>>
>>31439225
"Gold, Silver and Crystal Virtual Console GBATemp", Google, first result.
Your welcome.
>>
>>31435917
Sprite animations.
>>
>>31439288
There's a strong likelihood that you won't be able to save on any Crystal cart anymore. That's what he meant.
>>
>>31440087
Saving is for casuals anyway
>>
>>31437184

I can't help it for certain cases. For example, for the gift Eevee in the remakes for gen 1/2, I can't help but save it front of it and roll for modest/timid just to make it a little stronger.
>>
>>31440601
sounds like a personal problem
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.