[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help designing this fakemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

So, i did this thing and i can't bring myself to like it. Actually, i hate it more than i hate myself (well, maybe not that much). I already tried a design with shorter legs but the point didn't get across.
Basically, it's a flamingo/woodpecker that can spin without moving its feet, like a weather vane. In-lore it would also be used to tell the wind's direction.
It is SUPPOSED to look wacky/goofy and look like it came straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. And it's also kind of supposed to be that character that no one likes, like Scrappy Doo, Jar Jar Binks, and Squawks the Parrot.
The type is Steel/Flying
>>
>>31435852
I love it.
>>
>>31435852
>So, i did this thing and i can't bring myself to like it
>And it's also kind of supposed to be that character that no one likes, like Scrappy Doo, Jar Jar Binks, and Squawks the Parrot.
Its perfect, just fix the but feathers, make them like the neck fluff and have it work with the spin theme.
>>
Give it only one leg.
>>
I wonder what it would look like in seussian shading
>>
>>31435852
If it is supposed to look goofyand be that character no one likes, isn't it a good thing that you hate it?

In any case if you want a more Dr Seuss style thing you could make the body smaller, the tail fluffier and the neck longer. Long legs are alright, I don't think this would look good with short legs.
>>
>>31435852
Caroline
>>
>>31435852
I like the idea
I'll try redrawing it when I'm at my computer
>>
actually i like him as it is, but i'd change it's color pattern. Black/gray and red has been for two consecutive generations. What about purple and a dark color? Or even a dark green?
>>
>>31435868
>>31435869
>>31435885
I'll try this when i get back home

>>31436158
I'd really love this

>>31435873
Once the design is finished, i'll see what i can do haha

>>31436199
I was going with flamingo and steel colors, but i will see what i can do
>>
I think white and dark gray with copper accents would look great.
>>
Enlarge the head and broaden the tailfeathers. You really need to exaggerate his features more in general.
Also, if you're going for the "unlikable sidekick" look, give it a less neutral face. Push the goofy/ugly look, think Crabominable.
>>
>>31435852
Increase the head, make the eyes less smug, make the outstanding feathers all flow in the same direction to give the idea of facing the wind. Move the beak down slightly, increase the thighs a bit, give the claws and feet better definition instead of seemingly pointing in random directions and the feet being non-existent.
Also consider changing the gray to another metallic color, like copper.
>>
File: IMG_1107.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1107.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys how can I improve my fakemon?
>>
File: weatherbird.png (532KB, 800x1200px)
weatherbird.png
532KB, 800x1200px
>>31435852
Not the anon that said they wanted to draw it, but I took a crack at your concept? I think I ended up too far away from your idea though, sorry.
>>
File: weatherbird colored.png (560KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
weatherbird colored.png
560KB, 800x1200px
>>31435852
>>31438050
Also some colors. I tried to meet both your color scheme and also the weather vane pictured. I thought the idea of the steel corroding into a flamingo pink would be neat, but I didn't represent it well.
>>
>>31438050
>>31438068
holy crap this is great
>>
>>31438068

Fairy / Flying or Dark / Flying
>>
>>31438189
Thank you.

>>31438386
Was supposed to be Steel/Flying per OP. It's based on weather vanes and can rotate unnaturally, so I feel the steel typing is still fair. I might have made it too organic, though.
>>
>>31438386
I agree with that.
Maybe Fairy/Dark with levitate?
>>
File: copper.png (86KB, 1764x808px)
copper.png
86KB, 1764x808px
Tried to exaggerate stuff (feathers, head, neck), make it less smug, and make it more goofy. It also has only one leg now. The beak is pointing a bit lower. Can't decide on a color scheme. Gave the purple one Porygon-style eyes because it looks more like a Psychic-type now. Not sure on how to make the foot more defined.

>>31438050
>>31438068
Woah, this is great, actually!
>>
File: weatherbird.png (109KB, 545x509px) Image search: [Google]
weatherbird.png
109KB, 545x509px
>>31438068
>>31438386
Just wanted to add a quick drawing. Also incorporated the type suggestion while keeping the weather vane theme.
>>
File: weatherbird.png (111KB, 545x509px) Image search: [Google]
weatherbird.png
111KB, 545x509px
>>31439451
I had the canvas mirrored. Fixed.
>>
>>31438682
gracias medico
>>
>>31438682
i really liked the purple one.
>>
Give it an ability that gives it STAB to Elec/Water/Ice.

Maybe call it Storm Maker.
>>
File: VaneCrane.png (2KB, 156x156px)
VaneCrane.png
2KB, 156x156px
>>31435852
Even if you don't like it, I think there's some merit. Have a sprite.

I combined a few things with yours and >>31438068
>>
I love it. Really.
>>
>>31440431
That's a nice sprite.
>>
if only you guys could revamp all my fakemon...
>>
>>31440431
This is nice! I guess it's just my art style that i don't like haha
>>
This is an awesome thread. I'd love to do this for one of mine but with my luck I'd end up getting roasted.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.