[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first play this game after hating XY and skipping ORAS >hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1471329498970.png (345KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1471329498970.png
345KB, 500x560px
>first play this game after hating XY and skipping ORAS
>hate the entire first island and every NPC on it
>start to like it partway through the second island
>go along through the rest of the game at a solid pace
>end up 100%ing the pokedex after I beat it, first time I ever did this in the series
>can't actually recall any major aspects I like about the game whatsoever
>in fact the more I look back the more I realize past gens did most of this shit better
Serious question, what went right?
>>
>>31428789
good and well-developed characters, a story that seems worthy of being from the second most popular game franchise, tons of opportunities for exploration off of the beaten path, Z-moves, a step away from the gym leader cliche, to name a few. I could list a lot more, but they're more QoL changes than huge ones.
>>
>>31428789

Gen 5 and 6(ORAS is good tho) set the bar so low, gen 7 feels amazing
>>
>>31429332
Also I found a lot of the jokes in the game to be legitimately funny, moreso than any other game.
>>
>>31429410
haha malasadas ammirite?
>>
It has better characterization than XY for the most part, better PvE balance than XY on the whole which is a core aspect for many players' enjoyment, no chibi, and the illusion of a big shake up by replacing Gyms with Trials.
>>
File: pokemon jigglypuff8.png (11KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon jigglypuff8.png
11KB, 490x290px
>>31428789
You did the right thing, that is just playing the fucking game for fun and not just be active looking for flaws like most of /vp/ does.

Like you can like every gen of pokemon and have good memories about them, but the more you stay at /vp/ the more your opinion about the games will change for worse.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.