[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you associate non-signature moves with specific Pokemon? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: tumblr_mfsyjsMYeA1qhof99o1_500.jpg (143KB, 469x552px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfsyjsMYeA1qhof99o1_500.jpg
143KB, 469x552px
Do you associate non-signature moves with specific Pokemon?
I always teach Tri-Attack to Dodrio because I think its design is specifically made for this move. I know that it has low SpA but yeah, call it autism or whatever.
>>
>>31423816
well when the move was introduced Dodrio could use it fine
>>
>Body Slam Snorlax
>Leaf Storm Torterra
>Solar Beam Sunflora
>Vine Whip Bulbasaur
>Gyro Ball Forretress
>Self-Destruct/Explosion Voltorb/Electrode
>>
>>31423907
selfdestruct is voltorb line's signature move
explosion is geodude line's signature move
>>
>>31423907
That's some good ones
>>
>>31423816
I always think of Slash as being Persian's move because thanks to gen 1 crit mechanics Slash Persian was one of my early favorites.
>tfw no Super Luck/Sniper to exploit it

Also Quiver Dance is Lilligant's move, fucking fight me.
>>
>>31423816
The Bulbapedia definition of signature move is entirely arbitrary. The way they use it, they should call it exclusive move instead.

Just because a lot of other Pokémon can learn Flamethrower doesn't mean it can't be a signature move for Charizard. Sacred Fire didn't stop being Ho-Oh's signature move just because Entei can use it too now.
>>
>>31423816
Dragon Claw/Pulse Zard.
Body Slam Snowlax.
Crunch Luxray.
Iron Head to Bisharp.
Close Combat Staraptor.
>>
Moonlight Umbreon
Morning Sun Espeon
>>
File: 1.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>31424055
Would you regard Leaf Blade as still being Sceptile's signature move?
>>
>>31424054
>Butterfly Dance
>Being the signature move of a Pokemon that's not a moth or butterfly
This thread is really bringing out the paste eaters.
>>
>>31424137
It pretty much still is like ice ball is still spheals you dont really see others using it even though they can.
>>
>>31424137
When I see Sceptile, I think of Leaf Blade, so yes.
>>
>>31423907
I always associate Torterrra with Wood Hammer personally
>>
File: 1430685425361.png (121KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
1430685425361.png
121KB, 288x216px
>>31423816
>Evolve Doduo into Dodrio
>Keep Double Hit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CAN SOMEONE STOP ME
>>
>>31423816
Pursuit on Tyranitar
Bullet Punch and U-turn on Scizor
Dynamic Punch on Machamp
>>
>>31424055
Like how Jolteon's specific ability to energize its fur into needles that it fires out is expressed via pin missile and Midnight Lycanroc's fondness if smashing people with the rock spike on its head is expressed via counter
>>
>>31423816
Even though there are stronger users of Razor Shell, the move was clearly designed for the Oshawott line in mind. Its unlocalized name is even called "Shell Blade". And Samurott carries literal shell blades.
>>
Haunter used Lick

blame the anime
>>
>>31424173
No, anon, Quiver Dance. There is no move named Butterfly Dance. There is one named ちょうのまい, but that's not relevant on an English speaking message board.

And even if it was, your argument is the same as saying "Sword Dance can only be associated with the Aegislash line because nothing else is a literal sword," which, as I'm sure even you can recognize, is completely pants-on-head retarded.
>>
Flygon and suffering
>>
>>31424054
>Slash not being the signature move of fucking sandslash

Come on now.
>>
>>31423816
I associate Sucker Punch and Knock off with Bisharp. Mostly because that was the first thing that beat my ass when I decided to do competitive in gen 6
>>
>V-Create Victini
>>
Facade or Boomburst Swellow
>>
>>31423816
I do the same.

Magneton & Dodrio - Tri Attack
Ambipom & Weezing - Double Hit
Anyone with a pointed horn - Horn Drill
And Blastoise - Skull Bash

It triggers me Dugtrio can't learn Tri-attack, even though it can't use it well.
>>
>>31424733
Not him, but I associate it with Volcarona. That and Fiery Dance.
>>
>>31424316
>And Samurott carries literal shell blades.
Samurott's the only member of the line who doesn't carry shells, actually. Instead it has stupid looking beige triangles that resemble nothing aquatic at all. It's one of the many reasons its design is such a disastrous failure.
>>
>>31424241
Triple Hit when
>>
File: 1483414232688.png (120KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483414232688.png
120KB, 800x768px
>>31424733

"It's not in the language we're speaking so it isn't relevant information." Well that's a shitty argument if I've ever seen one.

The point is that the game is made by/for the Japanese, and then the text is translated to other countries. Quiver Dance is still learned by the exact same Pokemon in every version, the name is just changed to fit the same "flavor" across languages.

Swords Dance is associated with Swords, so Pokemon with cutting surfaces on their bodies, particularly their forelimbs can learn it. Makes total sense. Lilligant is a flower that attracts Butterflies, hence why she can learn it. GF doesn't even follow their in-universe logic that well when it comes to moves anyway, which really cements how shitty your strawman was. Cut that shit out.

Quiver Dance is way more of a "signature move" for Volcarona anyway, that's just obvious.
>>
>>31424988
Doesn't even share a type with him, apply yourself.
>>
File: pinna-muricata-4.jpg (10KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
pinna-muricata-4.jpg
10KB, 200x300px
>>31425294
>Instead it has stupid looking beige triangles that resemble nothing aquatic at all
>I've never seen a pen shell in my life
How about you consider suicide, Mr.Seashell expert?
>>
>>31425404
>"It's not in the language we're speaking so it isn't relevant information." Well that's a shitty argument if I've ever seen one.
Nah, you've got brain damage if you can't see how regional naming applies to a thread about subjective associations. Nobody here played the game in Japanese, they played it in their native tongue- the translation will impact the associations they form. What it's called in Japanese is fully irrelevant and entirely autismal to focus on.

You also don't understand the meaning of the word "strawman" but that's no surprise from such a master debater. Fiery Dance is Volcarona's signature anyway, could you get even a single thing in your post right?
>>
>>31425581
Can you show the class the handle on the pen shell, little Timmy? Or did your desperate googling fail to pull up anything more convincing? :)
>>
>>31423816
i've associated Tri Attack with Magneton personally, but Dodrio was my close second for that move

also Sky Uppercut for Blaziken obviously
>>
starmie and bubblebeam for obvious reasons
>>
>>31425631
> Bitching that Samurott's swords are massive triangles considered "shells"
> Posts a massive triangle-shaped shell
>No that doesn't count! A fictional shell needs to be 100% identical with a shell in real life!
Fuck you
>>
File: ninjasaur.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ninjasaur.webm
3MB, 640x360px
The Bulbasaur family with Solar Beam
>>
>Megahorn Heracross
>Feint Attack Umbreon
>Flame Charge Tepig
>Recover Alakazam/Mewtwo
>Cross Chop Machamp
>>
>>31424903
Dragon Dance Flygon :^)
>>
Aura Sphere with Lucario
Blaze Kick with Blaziken
Leaf Blade with Sceptile
Muddy Water with Swampert
Poison Tail with Seviper
Overheat with Torkoal
>>
Night Slash Weavile.
>>
>>31426168
>cross chop when dynamic punch exists

>typhlosion eruption
>>
>>31423816
Psycho cut Gallade
Megahorn Heracross (which to be fair was its signature move at some point)
>>
File: oshawott-with-scalchop.gif (74KB, 450x394px) Image search: [Google]
oshawott-with-scalchop.gif
74KB, 450x394px
>>31425294
>Samurott's the only member of the line who doesn't carry shells
Flat out wrong. Shells aren't made of keratin like scalchops and seamitars are. No one in the line has literal seashells.
>Instead it has stupid looking beige triangles that resemble nothing aquatic at all
What does that make scalchops then? Certainly not a shell when it's just two ovals slapped together.
If scalchops are supposed to be scallops, then why isn't it shaped like a fan? Why is the rib orientation wrong? Where are the triangular auricles?
It's almost as if scalchops and seamitars are supposed to be stylized armor and swords rather shells.
>>
>>31423816
It it it has has has three three three heads heads heads!!!
>>
Whimsicott and subsistute
>>
>>31425038
That actually is its signature move. The only other pokemon with V-Create Is an event Fug.
>>
The autistic side of me actually somewhat associates certain movesets as "lore-appropriate" to a Pokemon.

For example:

Charizard
>Flamethrower
>Wing Attack
>Dragon Claw/Slash
>Dragon Tail

Blastoise
>Hydro Pump
>Withdraw
>Rapid Spin
>Skull Bash

Venusaur
>Vine Whip/Power Whip
>Petal Blizzard
>Solar Beam
>Poison Powder
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.