[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Second match against Team Skull Guzma...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: strangle-1140x430.png (199KB, 1140x430px) Image search: [Google]
strangle-1140x430.png
199KB, 1140x430px
>He only has two Pokemon...

Ohmoriiiii!
>>
>no trainer has more than 3 pokemon
>most have 2 at most
>majority have 1 pokemon

what the fuck
>>
>>31423645
Ingame excuse is that having more than 3 Pokemon is actually really difficult for the average trainer to handle, which just helps make you feel like more of a special snowflake on par with the Elites before you even do anything notable.
>>
File: 1473034632343.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1473034632343.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>31423581
should have been 3 - 4 - 5 pokemon for the 3 fights
and 3 - 4 - 5 - 5 for kahunas

also the final main game battle against gladion and hau...
>still not even 6 pokemon at this point...right before the league
>>
>>31423581
I didn't play that far (too boring lol), does he ever get a Buzzwole or Pheromosa?
>>
>Game makes it easy as fuck to gain money by fishing alone
>Most trainers have so few Pokemon that Totem battles and SOS battles are generally more challenging than Trainer battles.

>>31423798
I don't know. I just swept his Ariados and Golisopod with Magnemite's Charge Beam. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't get any of those since if he did I think I would've seen somebody mention it.
>>
>>31423798
Of course not, then the game would be actually difficult.

Only Nihilego even shows up before postgame. And it's uncatchable.
>>
>>31423798
Kek. Just checked on Bulbapedia. In the second battle his Golisopod only has three moves and his Ariados has four. In the third battle they both have three moves along with a Masquerain with two moves and a Pinsir with three moves.

What exactly goes through Game Freak's mind when they do this...
>>
>>31423871
Less move give him better chances of using the moves they want him to. Basically, a simple way around designing better AI.
>>
>>31423581
it's almost like he's overleveled and also has fully evolved mons as opposed to your NFEs.....

its almost as if the amount of pokemon a trainer has is not directly representational of how difficult a trainer is
>>
Doesn't he have four pokémon in the third fight with him (not too long after the second one)? Which is immediately followed by a battle against five pokémon?
>>
>>31424275
I have an Umbreon, Magnemite, Gyarados, Primarina, Lilligant, and another Pokemon I can't remember.

They are all around the same level, probably a level or two apart though. None of my Pokemon are NFEs, Guzma like the majority of trainers in Sun/Moon just have shitty options. Gyarados alone fucks his shit up. With all the money this game throws at you for buying potions and whatnot you'd think most trainers would have more than a few Pokemon.
>>
>>31424773
>None of my Pokemon are NFEs

Well besides Magnemite but that's holding Eviolite and has one of the best defensive typings.
>>
>>31424275
it's almost as if he has two bug shitmons that die in 1/2 hit
>>
>final battle with Gladion just before the league
>only 4 Pokémon, 2/4 only have 3 moves and Crobat only has two moves

>final battle with Hau just before the league
>only 4 Pokémon, Komala has no STAB, starter only has 3 moves and has a Z-Crystal for Grass/Fire/Water rather than the starter crystal

What did they mean by this
>>
>>31425106
Was stuff like this common in past games?
>>
File: 1472628308478.jpg (52KB, 576x472px) Image search: [Google]
1472628308478.jpg
52KB, 576x472px
>>31425347
>Was stuff like this common in past games?

Champion blue in gen 1 had leer and tail whip on his rhydon. Thats probably the only example I can think of, but the whole only 3-4 pokemon only with incomplete moves bullshit started around gen 5 and got dialed up to 11 in gen 6 because they wanted the casual audience that has a million different free mobile games to play if they get beat by a difficult in game trainer/gym/e4.
>>
>>31425106
>>31425347
>>31425519
The real reason Pokemon have 2-3 Moves is because GameFreak can't make good AI, so instead of giving them Status Moves that they'll spam infinitely until they faint, they just give them STAB Attacking Moves and maybe some coverage.
>>
>>31423871
Remember dragonite from gen one using that non damaging psychic move if you had a pokemon weak to psychic making dragonite easy to kill. They want to prevent things like this anon.
>>
That Golisopod's First Impression killed a good 2-3 of my pokemon in the final battle. I like how they made bugs work by making the majority of Alolamon dark
>>
>>31425614
>They don't want to spend time making a good/nonretard AI

fix'd
>>
File: DpTFf90.png (42KB, 323x398px) Image search: [Google]
DpTFf90.png
42KB, 323x398px
>>31425347
daily reminder
>>
>>31425106
Compare this to the final battle with Barry just before the league in Platinum
>6 Pokémon
>all have 4 moves

Casualisation in these games recently is bullshit
>>
>>31425685
what's the rest of his team?
does roserade get switched for another mon if you choose a different starter?
>>
File: Screenshot_2956.png (76KB, 679x316px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2956.png
76KB, 679x316px
>>31425733
Two Pokémon with only 3 moves, of course! This is gen6!
>>
>>31425721
Barry was a retard if you chose the monkey, since his Ponyta basically opened his team's anus for you to probe.

>>31425733
His team was Talonflame, Crawdaunt, Roserade. The Roserade only knew 1 move, the talonflame and crawdaunt only had 3, 1 of the three being swords dance
>>
>>31425794
First battle was retarded, second was decent, but still retarded.
The crobat used confusion ray 3 times in a row thinking I would switch
>>
>>31425752
I haven't played gen 6 yet (though i plan on doing so), how often do you meet your ingame rivals? I know Serena offers a fair amount of challenge (as far as gen 6 goes) but how about the others? Do they suddenly disappear midgame and only show up in endgame facilities or something?
>>
reminder that when asked to make the game harder they laughed and said "but then it would be too hard" They don't even realize how easy it is.
>>
>>31425826
You see them pretty often, but other than Serena you don't battle them very often.

also
>endgame facilities
lol
>>
>>31425826
I think you fight all of them except Serena twice. The non Serena rivals are gutter trash.
>>
>check the elite four's movesets
>most of their pokemon don't even have four moves
That's acceptable early game, but the elite four? What the fuck?
>>
>>31425847
How about characterization, is it like in gen 5 where you can fucking predict when they will show up and their dialogue is not even worth reading?
>>
>>31425834

>Game Freak sucks at their own game.

This doesn't even surprise me. It's either that or they have mediocre playtesters.
>>
>>31425877
Shauna's characterized okay. If you're a boy, it's implied she has a crush on you, and this whole pictures thing is her getting close to you. If you're a girl, there's 0 romantic subtext and she just likes scrapbooking.
Serena's the girl next door, she's okay, but she kinda admits to never being as good as you by the time you challenge the league.
The other two, are extremely forgettable to the point where I really don't know what their plot contribution was
>>
>>31425875
>most of hala's pokemon have just 2 moves
>>
>>31425875
>>31425915
See
>>31425569
>>
>>31425942
Well then, o great and wise sage, why exactly do 3/5 of the Pokémon only have two moves, even though they all have 4 moves (with the same AI) in the rematch.

Stop being an apologist and talking out of your ass when there is genuinely no reason for them to have two moves.
>>
>>31425965
Because the kiddies need to beat the game once, anon.
>>
File: bary.png (99KB, 721x505px) Image search: [Google]
bary.png
99KB, 721x505px
>>31425977
Ah yes, trainers with 6 Pokemon (with 4 moves) are impossible for kids to beat, right? There's no way they'd have been able to beat an extremely easy game which tells you which moves to make, right?
>>
>>31425817
I'm pretty sure the game just picks AI moves at random, no switching strategy
>>
>>31426029
anon, I was 12 when DP came out. Barry literally used Sunny Day and I flare blitzed his team to death
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.