[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A-am I the only one that likes Alain unironically?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1471561972072.jpg (26KB, 368x285px) Image search: [Google]
1471561972072.jpg
26KB, 368x285px
A-am I the only one that likes Alain unironically?
>>
I've liked him ever since the first Mega Evolution special, mainly because I really dislike Ash.
>>
>>31423155
No? A lot of people were rooting for him. Including myself. He was a complete character with a nice backstory, character arc and realistic goals and personality. He'd be considered a character if he was in a better anime.
>>
>>31423155
When he was seperate in the the Mega evolution special he wasn't bad. But he's exactly as Simpsons depicted poochie just in a different generation

>>31423203
This.... is kinda true
>>
>>31423155
Nope
>>
>>31423155
Dude /vp/ loves this dude
>>
>>31423155
BURASTO aside, he's a good character.
>>
hes an interesting character that should be in the games, not in anime, that's is really shallow
>>
>>31423155
The Mega Evolution Special proved that the Anime can actually develop a character. Alain's great
>>
>>31423203
Not to mention he had great chemistry with other characters. You see his relationship with the leprechaun grow with each act, to the point where he's so motivated to reviving that dead Chespin just to bring back her smile.

And then there's Sycamore, his mentor. They care about each other, but Alain was convinced that letting Sycamore get too close would pose a danger for him. They were both unhappy because they couldn't speak to each other, and neither had the full story.

Then there's Lysandre, who comes off as a great benefactor who manipulates Alain with the promise of strength, success and help. Alain becomes a stronger trainer because of him, but that just makes him more dependent on Lysandre.

And Alain had this recurring theme where he wants to protect people, but believes that pushing them away is the right thing to do. And it's shown that this is wrong and unhealthy, and he comes to learn to rely on others by the end of his arc.

tl;dr I really like Alain. BURASTO BAAN memes are funny, but he;s genuinely a good, developed character.
>>
File: BURASUTO.png (460KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
BURASUTO.png
460KB, 1024x576px
>>31427320
A good post. Have a BURASUTO.
>>
>>31423155
I like him
>>
>>31423155
No, I like him a lot too.
>>
>>31423155
I fucking loved him from the start, he's way more interesting than ash and an overall better battler
>>
Reminder that Ash wil never, ever, defeat Alan.
>>
>>31429124
>Reminder that Ash wil never, ever, win a league

Fixed that for you, anon
>>
>>31425555
Steven talks about him in ORAS. So he does exist in the games.
>>
>>31429822
Just like Ash
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.