[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of le metal ant pokeman, /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 632Aianto.png (22KB, 182x119px) Image search: [Google]
632Aianto.png
22KB, 182x119px
What do you think of le metal ant pokeman, /vp/?
>>
>>31420397
Design-wise? Simple, but effective.
>>
Good pokemon, shitty placement
Kinda the problem with gen 5 in general
>>
>>31420397
Gen 1 Simplicity, but with new gen swag. Plus it's pretty good in battle swept an entire team of mixed UU & OU with it.
>>
>>31420397
it's the counterpart to Heatmor.
same thing as the rivalry between Seviper and Zangoose.

or the relationship between Clampearl and Spoink.
>>
File: 632.png (17KB, 294x179px) Image search: [Google]
632.png
17KB, 294x179px
>>31420397
One of the many awesome designs from Gen V.
>>
Accidentally, I bought two Durant plushies.

They will arrive the next week.
>>
I love durrat, I wish it was better though
>>
It's got a good design and is decently strong, but I never got a chance to seriously use it on a team. It come in a gen that just has so much to offer, and it has trouble competing for attention.
>>
>>31420397
I fucking love Durant.
Making the fucking thing super fast with thunder wave + Hone Claws + Iron head and you've got some fucking great fun with raping faggots.
>>
File: B5wHAeU.png (1MB, 1080x1687px) Image search: [Google]
B5wHAeU.png
1MB, 1080x1687px
>>31420397
The name was a mistake
>>
File: this.png (36KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
36KB, 300x250px
>>
It's cool, but being stronger than its predator is a bit messed up.

Buff Heatmor.
>>
>no Leech Life

Why?

>>31420566
Yeah, Heatmor could really use a buff. He got an exclusive new move this gen, but it's physical and he's a special attacker. That's GameFreak for you.
>>
I feel like it needs an evolution.

Same with le silly fire ant eater Pokemon.
>>
>>31420397
I thought that making the BW victory road a giant ants nest was great thematically. Made me appreciate durant more.
>>
>>31420706
I don't know, I think Durant is fine how it is.
(It does fucking need Leech life though, shit would be nice).
However I agree with Heatmor.
What do you think they should look like and what new set of abilities they should have?
>>
>>31420726
Durant evolves into a diamond themed ant (Diamant maybe) that is dual bug/rock type, neutralising Heatmor's flames (I also think it would be interesting to have a steel type evolve into a rock type for once).

Heatmor evolves into a fire/ fighting type and switches from sp atk to atk.

The theme is evolutionary arms race.
>>
>>31420748
Fighting wouldn't be SE against Bug/Rock
>>
>>31420784
Wut. Yes it would.
>>
>>31420784
I know, it's neutral. That's what I was going for.

Although Heatmor evo would be weak against rock so I don't think that would work. Maybe Switch up Heatmor evo into fire/steel.
>>
>>31420748
Not the same anon as >>31420784 but the original comment.
If you would want to make it Bug/Rock, giving it Steelwork would be neat. Unless someone has a better idea?
>>
>>31420821
Fighting makes it neutral to rock but Fire/Steel still sounds better, especially when you consider Heatmors golden claws
>>
>>31420842
>>31420856
Actually both of these kind of work.

Durant evo is bug/rock so it is neutral to fire and fighting.

Heatmor evo is fire/ fighting so it is neutral to rock and resistant to bug and it has steelworker so its steel moves are powered up.

So Durant evolved to have tougher skin and Heatmor evolved to have sharper claws.
>>
>>31420706
On the topic of this, wouldn't making them Mega'd be an option instead of just a normal evo?
>>
>>31420397
He's steel and bug, what's not to like about angery ant?

>>31420658
>hustle
>life orb
>leech life
Yes please
>>
File: flyingant.jpg (566KB, 1404x936px) Image search: [Google]
flyingant.jpg
566KB, 1404x936px
>>31420397
Sick design, two of my favorite types, but as >>31420484 said, just wishing it was better.

I was running it as a Baton Pass lead with Hone Claws, Focus Sash and Hustle (I think). That's about as good as I could get with him.

>>31420706
>>31420956
I would absolutely adore a Mega Durant. I'd like it to sprout some chrome wings and get a heavy boost to Speed and Attack, with a dash of bonus Def/Sp. Def.
>>
for a long time, i thought durant was from XY. i was pretty disappointed to find out it wasn't
>>
i really like durant, but i wish there was another aunt pokemon. Not because durant isn't good, but aunts are interesting bugs.
>>
>>31423623
>aunt
I don't know anon, my aunts were rather annoying and one of them was a complete cunt, I don't think I'd want an aunt pokemon anytime soon.
>>
>>31420397
I like it enough. Not really a fan but I will take it over scizor.
>>
>>31424007
The power of being a hipster
>>
>>31424027
What? I do not like it that much. Especially considering how much more I like other Unova bugs. I like it some but just so happen to not like scizor at all so that means I technically like durant more.
>>
I keep forgetting it's fast.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.