[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they just remove Natures?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: 1484325260030.jpg (90KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484325260030.jpg
90KB, 900x900px
Why don't they just remove Natures?
>>
why don't they just have 5 natures, 1 that boosts every stat
>>
>>31414142
no. remove them.
>>
Natures are fine, I.Vs are the thing that needs to go.
>>
Because there's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>31414105
Because the process of raising Pokémon needs some depth, it would be boring if the first thing you caught on some random route could be perfect.
>>
>>31414105
Explain to me how they are broken OP.
>>
>>31414105
>>31414160
>>31414142
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flavor#Preferred_flavor
Have you guys forgotten that Natures are the reasons why berries have flavors? They serve more than one purpose.
>>
File: 1472085197138.png (146KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472085197138.png
146KB, 480x480px
>>31414105
Why don't they just remove IVs and EVs and stats all together? Why not take it a step further? Why not just remove Types and genders and moves? I bet you want them to remove HMs, too. Don't you?

God you sicken me.
>>
>>31414418
>Why don't they just remove IVs and EVs and stats all together?
A lot of autists on /vp/ does actually want that.
>>
>>31414216
>catch legendary
>nature is crap
>reset because you can't change it

Natures are worse than IVs.
>>
>>31414418
they did get rid of hms
>>
>>31414515
Yeah, but a Pokemon can only have 1 nature as opposed to 6 IVs

And Synchronize exists, so Natures aren't as difficult
>>
>>31414205
>it would be boring if the first thing you caught on some random route could be perfect.
More boring than spinning on the autism box for hours?

Not that I care, I just alter my wild Pokemon with PKSM so they're perfect. I'm not playing the genetics game again.
>>
>>31414342
What if it worked like that in real life. Some God decided to give us personalities only so fruit could have different flavors.
>>
>>31414566
If God was a giant celestial ungulate with a golden fence attached to it, then yeah
>>
>>31414546
Yeah and now repeat it for everything you do.

Shiny hunting? Better have a synchronizer. Getting some Dittos? Sychro. Legendary? Synchro. Oh, you go to the part where you're forced to catch a legendary? Hope you spent some time on the autism box breeding Abras.

Sometime between gen 2 and 7, Pokemon became a game for autists. This shit isn't fun at all, which is why everyone and their mother hacks and injects.
>>
>>31414613
>This shit isn't fun at all
says the autist on /vp/
>>
>>31414105
I'd rather they go the Hyper Training route and let players artificially change the stat balance with some hard-to-get item.
>>
>>31414613
it's easier than repeating for IVs
>>
>>31414613
>Waaahhh min/maxing takes EFFORT, i dont wanna do that waaaahhh
>>
>>31414613
Sounds like Pokémon isn't for you, if you don't have fun playing the game.
>>
first they complain bout game having no depth, then they complain bout game having too much depth
god /vp/ has some of the worst players
>>
>>31414613
A nature wont break a pokemon, it's a 10% difference at most

And you can train both EVs and IVs now so it's really not anyone's problem but your own
>>
File: aids.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
aids.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>31414692
Oh no, I have fun playing the game - after I injecting and skipping the autistic parts.

>>31414690
Refer to pic.
>>
>>31414718
Triggered
>>
>>31414717
>A nature wont break a pokemon, it's a 10% difference at most
Found the casualfag.
>>
>>31414718
sounds like you just fucking sucks at games
go play kirby's yarn adventure or call of duty
>>
File: blondie.jpg (96KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
blondie.jpg
96KB, 900x900px
Why don't they just kill Pokemon?
>>
>>31414634
Yeah this is way better

Im happy the infernape i got yers ago in platinum is now going to be perfect thanks to hyper training

His nature is impish which is not that bad but i would change it if i could
>>
>>31414703
>some people complain about no depth
>some people complain about too much depth
>nah it must be people complaining about both because /vp/ is a hivemind

Was it autism?
>>
>>31414613
Waah! Waah! Why can't the game be even easier than it is?!
>>
>>31414740
>casual fag

Im just saying you dont HAVE to care

But i still have perfect nature pentamons out the ass so you can fuck right off
>>
>>31414794
this
>>
>>31414105
My gripe isnt with natures, since that obviously has some kind of use as its an individual single stat. My problem is with IVs, what's the point really? The only one that has an impact is speed and that's only important when considering trick room.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveryone just maxes them all out for competitive which means there's absolutely no gain from it. EVs have a point, Natures have a point. It allows profession (minmax) in a type of job (tank, sweeper).

But what about HPs? Assign HPs to the PID or have an RNG flag set upon encounter/hatch.

REMOVE IVS GF
>>
>>31414753
But I'm not the one spinning around the autism box instead of, you know, actually battling.
>>
>>31414898
IVs aren't there for competitive. They are there to make each Pokemon unique, to encourage trading and stuff more often and make each of your Pokemon "feel" unique. Pokemon is all about that feeling. You might not care, doesn't mean the concept is bad.
>>
>>31414950
I really hate the argument "you suck at pokemon games!", like what? What is there to suck at? It's a game made for 8 year olds. Even the battles have slow paced prompts, you can't fail anything in game, nothing requires super fast reaction or strategy.

I don't have a problem with natures or EVs but I do admit sometimes I wish there was just some in-game method of easily changing things around like that. I honestly don't even think shinies are good to an extent, it allows GF to be lazy and never put in a pokemon colour palette changing mechanic with feeding berries. I wouldn't mind shinies ALONGSIDE the colour changing, but at this point the shinies just aren't good enough. It was cool back when there were only like 250 or whatever in gen 2 due to limitations. But honestly it can't be that hard now.

Anyway, you aren't wrong it is pretty autistic to do this in any game when you have cheats available. but yunno, had there been no cheating devices you wouldn't say that shit like natures, IVs and EVs were autistic. Because it would be necessary to battle more efficiently. Your argument would remain the same "this is too much time for me wah wah", and that's where you should ask yourself "should I be playing games if I dont have time to put into it in the first place?"

Anyway, I really dont care.
It's a fucking game.
Hack, breed, do neither, fucking who cares.
At the end of the day they're just cute pet battle simulators. If you like that then so long as youre doing ANYTHING related to it and enjoy it then there's a reason for your autistic grinding.
>>
>>31414983
I do care, in fact I understand it completely that way. But you misunderstood my own post because somehow you chose to omit one major thing - that people who breed for competitive or minmaxing in general (trophy mon) are all maxing out IVs. Literally everyone. That means that we are shifting 0 to +31 for literally every competitive pokemon, which is still essentially 0.

Worse is that due to maxing IVs, there can only be a handful of characteristics for pokemon to have UNLESS they bottle cap them. Which is actually much much harder than breeding due to the level 100 shit and having to spam FP bullshit.
>>
>>31415197
>Because it would be necessary to battle more efficiently. Your argument would remain the same "this is too much time for me wah wah"
In this case I'd just finish the league/sidequests and play competitive on Showdown.

Life is too short to force myself doing something that I dislike.
>>
>>31415259
Then hope for an easier way to max out IVs. Fucking over a lot of fanbase's experience just to make it less grindy for competitive isn't the way to go about it.
>>
>>31414418
>Why not just remove Types and genders and moves?
But there already are only two genders.
>>
They want Pokémon to be capable of being special snowflakes.
In ways that are inherent to them and ways that are shaped by their training.
>>
>>31414105
They're fine, just make an ability capsule for it, and remove all but one of the neutrals.
>>
>>31414613
Everstone and eevee breeding gets you everything you need by endgame. Field is a huge egg group, and friendship is an easy evo method just feed berries or dump in spa while you're at work.
>>
File: HNI_0041.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0041.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>31415342
>>
I mean, Natures, IVs and EVs are really the reason why there's so much injectors so if they just didn't start with this grindy bullshit we'd be alright right now.
>>
>>31415432
Magnemite is not a third gender.
>>
>>31415325
>Fucking over a lot of fanbase's experience just to make it less grindy for competitive isn't the way to go about it.
"People" who like it are a minority.
>>
>>31415457
Please. At most, only 20% of the fanbase cares about competitive.
>>
>>31414418
>remove IVs
yes
>remove EVs
they can stay
>types, genders, moves
you're being retarded
>HMs
they did remove HMs and the game is better for it
>>
File: clarence.gif (1MB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
clarence.gif
1MB, 500x277px
>>31415197
>Anyway, I really dont care. It's a fucking game.

anon i dont think you know how impactful video games are in everyones lives right now
>>
File: bubblebeam.jpg (93KB, 603x441px) Image search: [Google]
bubblebeam.jpg
93KB, 603x441px
>>31415452
Is Rapid Spin a gender?
>>
>>31415468
And around 3% are autistic enough to enjoy breeding.
>>
>>31415533
Yes, and the rest give zero fucks about how hard it is. They will be care more about all Pokemon being literally the same after 7 Generations than it making a few people's work easier.
>>
>>31414205
>it would be boring if the first thing you caught on some random route could be perfect
Wrong, that would be perfect
>>
>>31414983
The concept is good but the execution is bad. It doesn't make pokemon unique, it makes some of them shit and some of them good.
>>
Natures are fine, EVs are fine.
IVs need to go.
>>
>>31414566
That's kind of how taste works but ok.
>>
>>31414105
Test
>>
I don't mind the grind being there, but hacks really trivialize the effort, which forces the games to lower the effort required to close the gap.

If the Switch can stay secure for a generation or so I hope they give us a new grind mechanic that you can't just hack in instead. Natures and eventually hidden power are likely to modifiable in game along the way though.
>>
>>31414105
There should be an item like Ability Capsule that lets you change your nature.
>>
>>31416853
t. autist
>>
File: 1484417835178.jpg (122KB, 557x630px) Image search: [Google]
1484417835178.jpg
122KB, 557x630px
>>31415483
>>
>>31416994
That's anybody actually breeding boxes of eggs for a different color to show up. I'm just looking for gameplay that isn't rendered obsolete by a flash card or save editor.
>>
They shouldn't have linked battle ability to natures and kept natures linked to contest stats and flavor preference IMO. It was perfectly possible to max a contest stat even if you didn't have the advantageous nature, so it's not as bad as battling where for a bunch of Pokemon, no speed-boost nature means no good. Though it's not like the former matters anymore after ORAS since they made raising Contest Pokes braindead easy now. Like someone else mentioned, a hyper training for Natures would be cool.

Removing natures altogether would be dumb, it's a nice flavor thing even if you want it to do nothing gameplay-wise. For that same reason it's kinda dumb most of my competitive team will be Timid or Jolly.
>>
>>31417027
>I'm just looking for gameplay that isn't rendered obsolete by a flash card or save editor.
Being less severe than shiny breeders doesn't means it's not autism. People have complained about breeding for ages.
>>
>>31414418
>I bet you want them to remove HMs, too.

Why the fuck would you want HMs to stay?
>>
>>31414105
OP is a faggot
>>
>>31414188
they waste time inbetween turns.

>durr, no, you can't attack yet, you have to wait until the Hail animation is over EVERY FUCKING TURN.
>>
File: 1478178392144.jpg (30KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478178392144.jpg
30KB, 960x540px
Nothing wrong with editing a pokemon that cannot be bred for natures or IVs.
>>
>>31417027
>I'm just looking for gameplay that isn't rendered obsolete by a flash card or save editor.
What you're looking for doesn't exist. Cheating in general is meant to render the normal ways obsolete, that's why is called cheating.
>>
>>31419147
What in the fuck are you talking about?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.