[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW year same old meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

File: polls.png (38KB, 447x909px) Image search: [Google]
polls.png
38KB, 447x909px
when will the HGSS crap stop?
At least some people give sun and moon some respect
>>
>>31411478
well at least this time HGSS didnt won by a big margin like last time. Sm that high? questionable.
>>
>>31411478
I thought /vp/ loved Pt or is it just one anon samefagging?
>>
> xy
> 0 votes
thats just missinformed cancer
>>
>>31411478
HGSS will always be n1 until a pokemon game give us the content we deserve
>>
>>31411528
Johtobabies shill for HGSS hard, especially outside of /v/.
>>
>SM better then Pt
HAHAHAHAHA its not even a third version.
>>
>>31411478
I gave up any hope the first time it won. Even as a joke, if someone vote for the game with the most boring EVERYTHING, then they must be redditors.
>>
>>31411478
Lets hope stars can finally put a rest to this
>>
>>31411611
>le reddit boogeyman
keep crying
>>
HGSS I understand.

The real question we should be asking ourselves is why the fuck is Sun and Moon so highly rated while XY doesn't have any votes? Both 6th and 7th gen are almost the same.
>>
>>31411611
>then they must be redditors.
because its the first time that /vp/ has been wanking to hgss?
>>
>>31411478
My first pokemon game was ruby, but even I have to admit that HGSS are the best games in the franchise. The in game was fantastic and I feel happy just thinking about those games. Of course, what everybody elses favorite pokemon gen was doesn't matter to me, I just wish people would talk about the things they like about their favorites, and not feel the need to tell others what they dislike about their favorites. but xy was total shit I think we can all agree.
>>
Can we all just agree that HGSS, BW2, Pt, and Emerald are the best games in the series?
>>
>>31411647
>why the fuck is Sun and Moon so highly rated
Hooney moon phase. wait until the new chick is around the corner. /vp/ is gonna dump SM like it never even finished playing it
>>
>>31411652
Not really, but I gave up hope the first time it happened. That's what I said in my post, anon.
>>
>>31411677
> emerald
also according to this poll SM is a top3 dog now and not Pt. well they seperate each other for one vote so I let it slight
>>
>>31411700
see >>31411678
>>
File: einstein-quotes-insanity-3.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
einstein-quotes-insanity-3.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
stop this bullshit. at least wait until we have a new game when doing the poll.
>>
if we combine bw votes. you know who's the best :^)
>>
>>31411738
So where was XY on the list when Sun and Moon released?
>>
>>31411766
on the bottom like always. it will take the golden gen fags to grow up until xy gets some recognition because without the nostalgia filter those games will always be trash.
>>
Just admit that HGSS is the most liked game in the series. That doesn't mean we can't recognize BW2, Platinum or Emerald as great games, but I think it's fact at this point that most of the Pokecommunity thinks HGSS are the best games.
>>
>>31411478
is SM now one of the holy trinity?
>>
>>31411828
NO. they be in the top3 if they stay consistently on top like pt hgss bw2.
>>
>>31411528
Platinum is good but it's hurt by being a 4th gen game and doesn't have cherished originals to prop it up.
>>
>>31411872
>it's hurt by being a 4th gen
explain HGSS
>>
>>31411888
>and doesn't have cherished originals to prop it up
>>
>>31411899
so are johtotoodlers the modern genwunners?
>>
>>31411678
Anon people started bashing gen 6 much quicker than 7 has been bashed since their release dates

There's an actual quality difference
>>
>>31411913
No, because that would imply that gen 1 was even remotely a good game.

FRLG should have been higher on the list; it's mostly forgotten because of the shit gen 1 gets.
>>
>>31411828
Too new to tell. It would have been higher considering it's the newest game. It will be high tier though
>>
>>31411923
gen7 also gets a lot of slick though. same crap as with xy
> muh postgame
>>
>>31411956
Well Gen 6 didnt have remotely sound stories or challenges at any point

Shauna Trevor and Tierno are probably some of the worst things GF have ever done
>>
>>31411478
Waiting for good survey resoults. Those from 4cc survey.
>>
>>31411985
there is no such thing as good surveys or else hillary would be president by now. maybe on vp hgss are top tier. around the world red and blue will always be number1
>>
HGSS is dull and boring as fuck
>>
>>31411956
Exactly. Who the fuck plays those filler battle institutions after completing it once on the main file? Most people just play up to the Pokemon League, or play up to Red in HGSS's case, and quit after becoming the champion of the region.
>>
>>31411478
vp has good taste
>>
>>31411478
>when will the HGSS crap stop?
when you stop being a butthurt contrarian
>>
>>31411478
>0 votes for XY
>both gen 5 pairs are in the top 5
THERE IS HOPE FOR MANKIND YET
>>
>>31411638
>implying reddit is a boogeyman
Google any friend code you see posted on this board. 9 times out of 10 it will lead to the owner's active reddit account posting in /r/pokemon or something similar
>>
>>31412142
This is just a conspiracy butthurt anti-HGSS people make when their game isn't 1st. HGSS has always been first on voting threads for as long as I can remember.
>>
>entire plot is a letdown with hardly any depth at all
>only postgame story is the same bullshit mission 5 times over
>pss removed
>festival plaza literally a shitty version of join avenue completely sectioned off into its own corner of the game that interacts with nothing
>pokemon outside the regional dex LITERALLY do not even have numbers or descriptions
>still can't transfer from previous generation and won't be able to until everyone but the autists have already lost interest
>world seems small as fuck because of how disconnected it is
>every patch of grass has its own special snowflake encounter rate
>you don't know if a pokemon will appear wild on its own or only as a call
>can't get other legendary even though teased with mirror world where you really should be able to
>mega stones only obtainable postgame from BP
>even the most basic of items cost 500 BP
>postgame is literally a tree

>sun/moon
>good
>>
>>31411654
of course you're going to think HGSS is the best thing ever if you're a fetus who never played GS
>>
>>31411940
FRLG is forgotten because it's got nothing to it. It was Gen1's not-story with Gen3's simple graphics/music, and topped with a lack of features and crappy type-based physical/special attacks.
>>
>Pokeathlon
>Phone numbers
>Make Apricorn
>Pokémon follow you
>Quick-accces menu at the bottom
>2 region
>Good difficulty
>Masterpiece Battle Park
>Customizable Safari
>Masterpiece online plaza (unfortunately, not available anymore)
>16 badges
>Most legendaries catchable

>HGSS
>Not good

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING
>>
>>31411478
people unironically think SM is good?
>>
>>31413105
>pokeathelon
meh
>following
doesn't do a whole lot mechanically
>2 regions
Kanto is aimless and everything is underlevelled
>good difficulty
GSC/HGSS have notoriously bad level scaling
>Masterpiece Battle Park
remind me?
>16 badges
That was implied when you said 2 regions
>most legendaries catchable
Sun and Moon have 301 Pokemon catchable, which I think is the biggest regional dex but I could be wrong. In any case, hardly anyone uses legendaries in-game anyway.

Anything I ignored is a fair point
Also calm thyself
>>
>>31413277
>Sun and Moon have 301 Pokemon catchable,
people already forgetting about kalos dex baka
>>
>>31413333
Well X and Y were shit in nearly every other way so excuse me for forgetting the size of its dex
>>
>>31413105
>TOGGLE RUNNING
>THE ONLY GAMES WITH AUTO-RUN
>>
>>31411478
/vp/ has good taste, I guess.
>>
>>31413333
Checked

>>31413277
HGSS has more available Pokémon than SM
>>
There's nothing more satisfying than making unovacucks cry. Get it over it fags, gen 5 is pretty much no one worth caring about's favorite.
>>
>>31413527
>Get it over it fags, DPPt is pretty much no one worth caring about's favorite.
fixed
>>
>>31413527
>BW and BW2 are still top 5
nani?
>>
Games
5 > 4 > 7 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 6
Designs
1 > 3 > 5 > 7 > 2 > 4 > 6
>>
>>31411828
yeah the holy trinity of shitty games with missed potentials along with XY and ORAS
>>
File: 1480491317660.jpg (162KB, 588x766px) Image search: [Google]
1480491317660.jpg
162KB, 588x766px
>>31411647
>>31411678
gen 7 is to gen 6 as what gen 5 was to gen 4

they both were gens released on the same console as the previous, and both were excellent and some of the best games in the series.
>>
>>31411677
>can we all agree that [my opinion here]
>even though the poll directly contradicts [my opinion]
>>
>>31413908
This is some of the shittiest taste I've seen in a while.
>>
>>31413277
>extra content
>meh
We don't need depressed bastards criticizing fun games. Neck yourself.
>>
>HGSS is ahead by 13 points atm
How does it feel that your favourite game is not first, OP?
>>
>>31411478
I'm happy B2W2 is 2nd, Its an acceptable 2nd place. Definitely my favorite
>>
>>31411647
>>31411677
>>31411825
>>31411828
>>31411863
>>31412247
>>31413144
just because YOU PERSONALLY think that SM are bad, it doesnt mean that everyone else has the exact same opinion.

SM have been in most people's top 3 in all the polls I've seen here. you don't just get to call it off as "honeymoon phase" or flat out ignore it.
>>
>>31414136
what makes SM so good?
>>
>>31411478
Seems about right.
S&M only scored that high because it's recent. Wait a few years and it'll easily lose 3 or 4 positions or more.
>>
>>31414420
They're the newest games and by /vp/ logic each new game only adds onto the content of the previous one and is thus objectively better than anything before it.
>>
>>31414136
>interruptions on every route, cave, city
>multiple cutscenes
>looker post-game and battle tree

This alone should have SM in last place with XY. The only noteworthy thing about that game is there are no HMs.
>>
>>31414456
>>31414469
>being this much in denial

if you were here longer than a month, you would know that no one praised XY and ORAS when they came out.
>>
File: 1482521806881.png (325KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482521806881.png
325KB, 1024x1024px
>>31413593
>Gen 1 being good at anything
>>
>>31414528
That is incorrect, the game had plenty of people defending it at the time and there are still people that do, somehow
>>
>>31414528
I remember when XY released everyone on here loved it.

After coming back here right before Sun and Moon released, I was surprised to find out that it went from being the best to the worst.
>>
>>31414420
>>31414456
>SM released
>everyone loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a week"

>one week after SM are released
>everyone loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a month"

>one month after SM are released
>everyone still loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a couple months"

>two months after SM is released
>everyone still loves it
>"it's just honeymoon syndrome, people will stop liking it after a couple years"
>>
>>31414811
I get the feeling that people only like SM because of the many waifus offered in the game, ranging from Lille, Lana, Mallow, to Lusamine. Gameplay wise, it's the same as XY, if not worse.

As I've said before, putting more focus on waifus in a game will end up ruining the franchise. Just look at what happened with Fire Emblem once Awakening happened.
>>
>>31414877
yes. you're absolutely right! people like SM over the many amazing Pokemon games, over all of their nostalgia for their childhood games, ALL because there were hot girls in it!

holy shit how can people be this dense
>>
>>31414877
S&M aren't even my favorite games and I think that's the dumbest thing anyone has said in criticism of gen 7
I mean holy shit where do I start
>implying waifus are a new thing
Misty, Erika, Sabrina, and Lorelei were all waifus in gen 1. The anime even added a few more, and none of these games have gone without creating a few more
>Gameplay wise, it's the same as XY, if not worse
Gym system is gone, no megas, HMs replaced, and in general a much better pace than XY once you get off the first island. How is it anything like XY's shitshow?
>comparing this shit to Fire Emblem
Waifus fuck with Fire Emblem because it used to be a somewhat serious franchise about war and permadeath. Waifus were but one part of how IS threw all of that away. Pokemon having waifus doesn't get in the way of the original spirit of the series, at least I don't see it that way
>>
>>31415014
>Misty, Erika, Sabrina, and Lorelei were all waifus in gen 1
All you did here was list every female character in gen 1. They weren't following you around and creating filler to an already long story.

>Gym system is gone, no megas, HMs replaced, and in general a much better pace than XY once you get off the first island. How is it anything like XY's shitshow?
No HMs and the z-crystals were the new gimmick of this gen.

>Pokemon having waifus doesn't get in the way of the original spirit of the series, at least I don't see it that way
It doesn't for change the original spirit of Pokemon, but it does make the newer games more story oriented.
>>
>>31414528
People were pretty darn negative about SM when it leaked in the week before the official release if I remember correctly.
>>
>>31414528
ORAS sure, but XY was fucking loved here when it released. Possibly more so than S&M.

And look where it is now.
>>
>>31415014
>Gym system is gone
Please, it was replaced by more of the same, just with a new coat of paint and more boring.

>no megas
They're there, but I gotta agree they're definitely phasing them out.

>HMs replaced,
Still not sure how I feel about this one. I like that HMs are no longer a thing, but they could've done it better than just handing us items that do the exact same thing as HMs.

>and in general a much better pace than XY once you get off the first island.
XY are a terrible guideline for pacing. And Sun and Moon was tediously slow until the third island imo.
>>
>>31414877
PvE battles in SM are slightly better than they were in XY, but the overworld is magnitudes worse than XY which is a pretty big accomplishment and possibly even the worst in the series period.

There's only four reasons to prefer SM to XY: the improved characterization, if you're triggered hard by chibi, if the slight increase in battle difficulty is that important to you, or you don't actually like the core fomula of the franchise to the point you think a barebones change of it from Gyms to Trials makes a world of difference.
>>
>>31414136
>Respond to posts not mentioning SM at all
>Respond to posts containing actual points about why the game is bad with "muh opinions"
I personally like SM, but thinking that the verdict is in for a game that's been released for only two months is nonsense

>>31411863 knows what they're talking about.

>>31414469
There's an image that explains /vp/'s tendancies better than text can, but generally, /vp/'s most hated generation is the one before the most recent (currently 6) and loved is the one before that (currently 5). As always, /vp/ is not one person, but this trend has been notable since at least gen 5
>>
>>31411478
Agree with this list except Sun/Moon and FRLG placings
>>
>>31414605
He's right though. Tapu Koko is a spiky geometry mess.
>>
>>31414811
You've posted this in another thread already you autist. And SM HAS received more hate over time; it'll eventually be the next XY in how people sucked its dick when it first came out and then started shitting on it when years passed.
>>
>>31417597
Like no one defended XY 2 months after it came out. SM is high mid tier imo when I think critically

XY is still bottom
>>
File: vp summarized.png (30KB, 657x363px) Image search: [Google]
vp summarized.png
30KB, 657x363px
>>31411478
Why do you care about what a bunch of autists who have shit taste according to you think?
>>
>>31417639
Fucking saved
>>
>>31417627
>thinks critically
>still thinks SM aren't below average at best

You're obviously not thinking critically enough.
>>
>>31417666
I'm not falling for your schemes tonight satan
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.