[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, guys, I might, maybe, start a romhack on this idea surfaced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 2

File: XY_Monsieur.png (56KB, 178x348px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Monsieur.png
56KB, 178x348px
So, guys, I might, maybe, start a romhack on this idea surfaced on another thread.
>old man starting his journey too late in life as a mid-life crisis, getting laughed at and bullied by kids but still hanging in there because its all he has on his bucket list

Now, the anons there came up with ideas I'm going to add in the next post, but what I'm asking here is for your input. Story, new or recyled region, pokemon selection, etc.
I'm not gonna do fakemon because fuck that shit.
>>
fpbp
>>
> Work really hard to become a champion despite Everything.
>By this point, evil teams are so used to getting fucked over by kids or accomplished trainers that they don't see you as a threat.
>Kick evil team's ass, with support from E4 or a couple friendly gym leaders because as an adult you are mature enough to just give them a fucking phone call.

>loving wife doesnt really care much for it but thinks its fun and kind of joins in, checking up on you via phone, asking for tips, and occasionaly catching cute ones in her own time
>daughter is best the out of you three. a prodigy. proud of you for trying and wants to show you off to her friends even though they think youre lame
>wife relays actual tips she got from the town locals. daughter will occasionally run in to you on her journey and kick your ass
> Daughter as a rival
> One of the E4 is your old classmate, he gets really happy to see you finally give it a go.
>You enter the champion's chamber just as your daughter was beaten by the champ. This motivates you further to win in her name.
>>
I'm bumping for imput. Ideas on starters?
>>
yes, i want to roleplay as a daddy!
>>
>>31408055
>>31408222
>>31408233
>>
>>31408222
snivy, rowlet and piplup. they seem to be the most classy.
>>
>>31408271
Oh, I goofed with the image then. the idea is that It's just a regular 40 something, not a gentleman.
>>
>>31408295
it has to be a silver daddy, come on! to hell with generation y-ers
>>
I think maybe skip the "box legendary" all together. Focus on difficult battles. I would assume that Gym leaders go easier on kids than adults.
>>
>>31408271
>two grass types
If you're sticking to traditional starters, I think piplup is a must for the water starter, while either snivy OR rowlet can be the grass starter. For the fire starter, Fennekin could probably work? I guess it depends on how old you are. Are you old like the old man in the OP? Or just middle-aged?

Also, make it so you can only save inside Pokemon Centers. You aren't young, so you don't have the endurance to camp out too long in the wilderness.
>>
Should I map a new region, or just, you know, use Unova or Jhoto maybe?
>>
>>31408233
wanna be my daddy? :3c
>>
>>31408338
I really don't mind having non-conventional starters. I suppose you're 40-something because the midlife crisis and all.

>>31408332
The difficult battles were a given. I think it would be fun to see how gym leaders react to an older man challenging them.
>>
>>31408338
Considering a middle aged man probably won't get a Pokémon from a professor (An old man won't really be considered as a candidate for completing the pokedex), you could have the starters be non-starter Pokemon.
>>
>>31408338
grass types are for men
>>
>>31408347
I would do an updated version of Unova (After BW2 even). It seems like a more adult oriented region.
>>
>>31408347
>>31408557
I would definitely go with Unova, you could definitely update it again and give us the BW3 that we'll never get, in a way.

And I know you said no fakemon, but you could totally do regional forms of non-Unovan Pokémon. They seem to be simpler anyway, so it would be pretty easy, and still great for prospective players.
>>
I like the idea, OP. If there was a kickstarter or something I'd be down to contribute.
Unova and Sinnoh would both be good regions to set it in. Unova because your in game child could be off having adventures with N and the bw/bw2 protags while you're just strutting along. Sinnoh because Proffesor Rown is about the age you're aiming the protag to be, and having Rowan and the protag be like childhood friends would be really cool to see. An excuse to get a starter, also.
>>
>>31408064
>You enter the champion's chamber just as your daughter was beaten by the champ. This motivates you further to win in her name.
How about the daughter becoming the champ and you needing to fight her almost immediately?
>now need to choose between the title and your daughter
Kinda like how in RGBY when your rival loses and talks about how short his reign as champion was but with more weight this time
>>
For starters i think they shouldnt be a normal starter nor something utterly amazing, I put Numel, Tentacool, Deerling
>>
>>31408767
>Daughter has been on her own journey before you decided to do the same
>you meet each other a few times
>even fight together against evil team
>as the average prodigy protagonist her team is really damn strong
>she keeps talking about how much fun her journey is being, all the friends she is making etc
>meanwhile, as her father, you are having a hard time because of your age and overall skills as a trainer
>things just don't flow as naturally
>by the end of the game turns out your daughter became the champion before you and now you must choose between breaking her heart or throwing all your work away and failing to prove yourself
>>
starter should be a fossil.
>>
>>31408792
This, i would love if the daughter was the true protagonist and you just watched from the sidelines, the mother would work kinda like the mom from gen 2 while mentioning how your daughter is going in your conversations
>>
>>31408557
I'm the same person here

You could start it out as your daughter/son is getting her/his first starter and as they arrive they ask which one you would pick so they pick the one stronger to it. The professor then after your child leaves gives you the one you wouldve chosen.

Then throughout the game your always behind your daughter/son and finally come to fight the champion to end up fighting your own child
>>
File: [000063].jpg (68KB, 550x785px) Image search: [Google]
[000063].jpg
68KB, 550x785px
antagonists should be his ex wives
>>
>>31408842 same fag here again now with name
HAVE A SON AND DAUGHTER AND THEY EACH PICK A STARTER ONE STRONGER AND ONE WEAKER TO YOURS
>>
>>31408051
The rival should totally be your own kid. Crush his/her dreams.
>>
>>31408823
This would be nice, you having a 'old' pokemon and your daughter/son having a starter it would be a nice contrast
>>
>>31408064
These ideas sound cool and all but have absolutely nothing to do with catching and raising Pokémon.

Might be a cool hack though.
>>
Okay not to be that faggot but could there be a secondary option to play as a younger character who fights the old guys daughter/son? I prefer to play as a normal character.
>>
>>31408978
no. fuck off.
>>
>>31408988
But why not?
It would allow everyone to have "daddy simulator" and a normal game.
>>
>>31408978
Then play a normal game you fuck, this isn't so hard find a pokemon game with young character
>>
>>31409004
that's literally the entire point of the game
>>
>>31408858
>>31408978
>namefagging for no reason
>>
So, OP did you already nailed the characterization? I was thinking about this concept for a moment and i came up with some stuff of my own

Father would be your average middle class family man, he would have given up on whatever dreams he had when he was younger so he could focus on taking care of his family, to explain the age difference between him and his daughter it could be because his first wife died and he married again (having children from the first marriage is open for debate), them having a baby girl, he was always too busy working far away from home to have time for his family (following the fact that your father figure is never around in almost every single pokémon game)

After hearing about his little girl going in her journey from his wife he realizes how much time has passed and this is when the midlife crises kicks in, he them decides to go in his own journey being too blind to realize how crazy this idea sounds, his wife seems okay with this though and is willing to support both of them
>>
>>31408806
>Both winning and (purposely) losing the final battle are separate, viable endings.
>>
>>31408051
Let's decide what region it's based on

http://www.strawpoll.me/12125173

Sorry for all the shit for the title popping up
>>
>>31409276
>Sinnoh
Oh boy can't wait for towns with no grass
>>
>>31409353
Just doing what people in the thread were requesting
>>
>>31408370
If you don't want to try to balance unconventional starters/just want normal starters, you could have it that Dad started his journey, but chickened out before/at the first gym leader or something. Then when you actually start the game, you start with a level 10-15-20 normal starter, but a lower exp curve. This could also be a good game where a PMD-style questionnaire makes sense (maybe a bartender is asking you or something).

That would actually work incredibly well for naming your character, your SO, and picking your starter (picking the drink = your starter).
>>
nanu: the game?
>>
>>31409411
This idea is brilliant, even if it might be a bit hard to port it into the game. Id say that you could even throw some non-starter mons into the mix, like the PMD games do. Just use pokemon that are close enough in potential power. Give the child definetly a conventional starter though.
>>
>>31410286
Thank you. I'd imagine it that your daughter has just been born, and after everything is all set and done you stumble over to the bar. The bartender greets you, asks you if you're new, etc. Then segue into the questions from there, and imply that your answers to the questions are why you have the pokemon you do. Maybe color-code the answers for people who don't want to roleplay. You could even set up the kid's starter that way ("Do you think your little girl will grow up more like you, your wife, or be her own person?")
>>
>>31408051
I'd be interested in this as long as it wasn't too depressing. If it's just an old guy trying to slog his way through a bunch of kids trying to bully him, it doesn't seem very fun or interesting.
>>
what legendaries might this older protag encounter... I'd recommend regigigas since its ancient yet looked down upon due to its ability... maybe its started constructing more regi's or large numbers of pokemon like golurk and claydol for some purpose (its pokedex says it made the regi's so making lesser pokes should be no problem) or maybe the evil team wants it to tow a fucking continent(another dex entry) into another continent because fuck the people living there
>>
>>31411725
well people bullying and teasing him for his age sounds pretty believable for the pokémon world, journeys are more common amongst 10 year olds because its the legal age to become an official trainer who is allowed to run for badges and shit, a 50 year old man with a job shouldn't worry about this shit
>>
would i be able to play as a sweet old lady too
>>
>>31408051
I like this concept
>>
>>31408222
>Nidoran male and Nidoran female
OR
>family pet dog pokemon like Growlithe/Snubbull/Lillipup
OR
>Fossil pokemon
OR
>Fully evolved pokemon still on Lv5

OR

OR

OR

A Gastly that is the spirit of his dead wife.
>>
Put ghastly abra and machop as starter's with an npc later in the game who evolvesbit for you
>>
I'm writing down everything on this thread guys, really good work. I think I'll go with a non conventional starter, supposing the dad had a pokemon companion but was never a trainer. Maybe a dogmon or catmon like this anon says >>31412413?

Let's get a working title going for subsequent threads
>>
>>31412608
Pokémon Grey
because you're an old man with (probably) grey hair
>>
>>31408222
A Gentleman always has a Growlithe.
>>
Give us the chance to cheat on our wife.
>>
>>31412413
Growlithe/Snubbull/Lillipup would be a nice trio to pick from imo, even if you didn't mean it that way. I also like the Fossilmon idea.

>>31412608
If anyone has that "GRAMPS" logo with all the evil team emblems, we could use that imo. Pokémon GRAMPS version.
>>
Make it so at the end, everyone that made fun of the main character ends up respecting him.

This sweet little thing gives a delicious sence of accomplishment and helps with closure.
>>
>>31412608
Depending on the region you want to go with, I'd love to see him use his pet dog as a starter. Maybe pick from a trio?

>>31412665
Sounds good! Or, if you wanted variety, you could have Growlithe/Snubbull/Meowth as pet pokemon.
>>
>>31412665
The bad guys should be a mishmash of all the bad guy teams called Team GRAMPS.

Since GRAMPS = Galactic/Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Plasma/Skull
>>
>>31412884
>Since GRAMPS = Galactic/Rocket/Aqua/Magma/Plasma/Skull
Consider my mind blown anon
>>
>>31412884
The Team Rocket grunt that spoke with a broken accent should be the team leader, especially if it's in Unova.
>>
>>31412712
I think it would be better if he encountered trainers and proved them wrong, like youngsters teasing him for his age, aces underestimating him, maybe even a young gym leader refusing to give him the badge

Of course mature NPCs would be cooler, maybe a little weirded out at first but would support his decision after he proving himself
>>
>>31412953
"Eeew... our eyes met. Do we HAVE to battle?"

"Yo old man, watch me beat your crappy old pokemon!"

"Aren't you a little old to be a trainer?"

"Who let you outta the old folk's home, grandpa?"
>>
>>31413000
>>31412953

Hold your horses. You must remember that old trainers are a thing since the very first game. Hell most champions are adults already.
>>
>>31413026
Ah, but the veterans and gentlemen aren't doing the badge challenge!
>>
>>31413026
Being a pokémon trainer requires approval of the pokémon league and a license which can only by those who are 10 or older, i don't know if its illegal for an adult to use this license but it surely doesn't seem to be the social norm

Its also important to remember that grown ups in the game are either gym leaders or people doing other shit while occasionally doing casual battles, they aren't aiming for the pokémon league or earning badges
>>
>>31413042

Indeed, but most trainers that we usually encounter do not know that or even care.

>>31413077

Dude, we have been battling old farst since forever and not a single NPC have said that one needs a license of any kind.
>>
>>31413106
The manga is my main source here so there is room for doubt, but it does make a hell lot of sense considering the license you carry around in the games and the fact that you never see gentlemen or any other adult classes who specialize in battles ala Ace trainers or Gym Leaders, plus the manga has been very consistent with how the Pokémon League is organized (being very faithful to the games) so i want to think its a trustable source in this case
>>
>>31412648
This
>>
What's your experience in hacking OP? If you ain't got the skills you're dreams will be dreams
>>
>>31412648
Grey also works really well as a name if the game takes place in Unova.
>>
>>31413106
What? What about the Trainer's License? We get one in every game.
>>
>>31413184

I do agree with you in the sense that, in order to participate in the Pokémon League one needs a license and those who knows and care about it should be the ones to make the most comments about the age of your beloved MC.

The rest, however, should see you like your regular Veteran Trainer and "them" get dissapointed about your actual expertice.

>>31413349

Yes, to tackle the Pokémon League, but not once it has been said that in order to use pokémons at all you need some sort of license. I mean, do you think that all of the Skull gang has a license?
>>
>>31413392
>The rest, however, should see you like your regular Veteran Trainer and "them" get dissapointed about your actual expertice.
That could work if the protag had no previous trainer class description (like a job that hasn't been introduced in the games like a lawyer) and went with pokémon trainer, people would think he is something else them be shocked when he reveals he is actually in a journey
>Not many people come here, you must be a very rich man traveling around the world with your pokémon right?
>>
>>31413392
Oh, misunderstood. My bad.
>>
fuck i have an idea
>you are bullied by some teenagers (13-19 years old) but they have a leader, a fucking annoying kid. you kick every kid ass exept for their leader
>enter pokemon league
>tfw the champion is that dumb kid
>kick his ass
>>
>>31413290
op dont listen to this lil fucker, we loved your idea and /vp/ will help you in anything
>>
>>31413562
How about
>gang of punks doing dumb shit teenagers do, maybe stealing shit or vandalizing public property
>you go to their hanging spot to give them a lesson
>they laugh at you
>you give them the asskicking of two generations
>they think you're a cool geezer now
>>
>>31408823
Fucking genius
>>
>>31413704

How about
>Gang of punk girls bully you
>Then they rape you
>Then your pokemon rapes you
>Then the gang leader rapes you
>Then you go back to that gang hideout and beats everyone inside but you let them rape you anyway because you like that kind of stuff.
>>
>>31411725
I think it would be fine if it's played for laughs.
>>
>>31411725

This, my life is garbage already I dont need a cool hack to depress me.
>>
>>31412527
don't forget golem, he's part of the gen 1 trade evolution squad
>>
Late idea for starters--you could get to choose your occupation, maybe out of more than three, and the Pokemon you get is dependent on that. Machop for construction worker, Elekid for electrician, Growlithe for cop, Aron for Army, etc.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.