[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon GO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Pokémon-GO.png (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon-GO.png
386KB, 1920x1080px
Did the hype last year have a negative influence on the whole franchise?
>>
>>31406829
No?
It made Pokemon a bunch of money. Made XY and ORAS sell a lot more. That's about it.
>>
in what sense
>>
>>31406829
No, it just had a negative impact on Niantic as a company. They just failed to. Draw the full potential of the game out and are surprised when the game dropped in popularity like a sack of bricks.
>>
>>31406836
Some people also bought a 3DS and Sun/Moon because of this game
>>
>>31406850
Nothing could've kept the player base as big as it was.

>>31406860
This. me included
>>
It's like that one awkward zombie comic

Normies live off of like and subscribes and ad revenue

All the fall outs are the same exact people that stopped after gen 3
>>
>>31406867
Actually good gameplay would've attracted even more people. Right now, it was basically the same as running around in Tall Grass and throwing nothing but Poke Balls. It got boring fast. But it had huge potential. Had they followed the games, added a battle system and trading, a Pokemon League for each region with 8 Gyms and actually allowed you to train your Pokemon, it would've remained popular for a lot longer.
>>
it made pokémon 'cool' again

so now we have all these normies running around claiming to be huge fans of pokémon when they actually only know gen 1 and only play go

fucking pisses me off
>>
>>31406867
And yet that doesn't change the fact that the decision making of Niantic has been utterly suboptimal every step of the way.
>>
>>31406829

I think the positive reaction might have prompted a stronger focus on gen 1.

if so, the increased focus on less than 1/7th of the franchise at the expense of the rest is a bad thing.

otherwise, not really.
>>
>>31406989
>normies running around claiming to be huge fans of pokémon when they actually only know gen 1 and only play go
alola isn't hawaii.

alola is america after Pokemon GO and SM!
>>
>>31407021
Of course it doesn't, I'm not here to defend them.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.