[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix these games' story, characters, and region?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: Pokemon-X-Y-Box-Art.jpg (864KB, 3649x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-X-Y-Box-Art.jpg
864KB, 3649x1607px
How do we fix these games' story, characters, and region?
>>
Z
>>
>>31404293
Its good already
>>
Coming from a writer the answer, is to just restart from scratch. Call XY non cannon and redo the game's entire story in a Z game.
>>
File: 1418025031790.gif (746KB, 1244x896px) Image search: [Google]
1418025031790.gif
746KB, 1244x896px
>>31404673
haha.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
File: nill.png (7KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
nill.png
7KB, 120x120px
>>31404673
stop this
>>
File: 1461718563057.jpg (28KB, 375x375px)
1461718563057.jpg
28KB, 375x375px
>>31404673
>unironically liking any part of Gen VI
>>
File: psyduck.jpg (74KB, 512x512px)
psyduck.jpg
74KB, 512x512px
>>31404860
>>31404834
>>31404827
>blindly hating on XY
>>
>>31404293
It's more fun than SM for me, but god DAMN if the characters and story are some of the worst in the series, especially noticeable given how it's wedged in between BW/B2W2, ORAS and SM. In terms of the region, they really shouldn't have made it seem like Kalos was going to be expanded eventually with things like the Lumiose ghost, and the colouration's pretty dull as well.
>>
>>31404896
I never said I hated XY, I enjoyed them, but I felt that the story of XY was one of the weakest of the series
>>
>>31404896
>blindly

I played the games. They are underwhelming.
>>
File: 1483906863981.png (29KB, 122x131px)
1483906863981.png
29KB, 122x131px
>>31404925
It's better than gens 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7, which places it as the second best.

Speaking of Moon I was wondering what the fuck was that about. Instead of beating up a criminal who wanted the world for himself like Lysandre or Ghetsis, I ended beating an innocent woman who just wanted to chill with her UB.

Gen 6 did the "get the legendary to rule the world" better than any gen imo, that scene where Lysandre berates Yveltal because it wanted to be with you was just the perfect way to show how arrogant he is.
>>
Make the league harder for a fucking start, christ what was that shit?
>>
>>31404950
Undewhwleming/disappointing =/= bad

XY, if not casualized and it had a battle frontier, would objectively be among the top 3 pokemon games
>>
File: 1484287990434.png (373KB, 482x407px) Image search: [Google]
1484287990434.png
373KB, 482x407px
>>31404997
>It's better than gens 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7
I guess if you equate "complexity" to a good story. Just because XY had a more grandiose plot than any game prior doesn't mean it's instantly better. Because the characterization in it is horrible, I had no reason to care about any of these people. You bring up Lysandre, yet he's easily the biggest example of wasted potential in regards to the characters. Instead of having a backstory and motive like Cyrus or Guzma, we just get some generic doomsday villain who preaches about beauty and life and death and other such bullshit to make the story seem more meaningful than it really is.
>that scene where Lysandre berates Yveltal because it wanted to be with you was just the perfect way to show how arrogant he is.
Didn't really strike me as anything character-defining or unique, Silver did the same "pokemon are tools" deal years in advance, and had actually development as well.

>I ended beating an innocent woman who just wanted to chill with her UB.
Oh, nevermind, you're just baiting. Disregard all that then.
>>
>>31405044
>if
>>
>>31405053
>backstory and motive
>if you equate "complexity" to a good story
You're doing exactly what you accused me of doing. Personally I don't need "motives" and "backstories". Just because the game doesn't digests everything to you doesn't means it's bad, in fact, I'm getting really tired of those overly detailed plots that leaves nothing to imagination.

>Didn't really strike me as anything character-defining or unique, Silver did the same "pokemon are tools" deal years in advance, and had actually development as well.
Lysandre doesn't thinks that Pokemon are tools. Did you miss the scene where he even cries thinking about the Pokemon that would die if he accomplished his goals?

I don't know what's up with Lysandre. On one hand he seems like a psychopath who disregards life, on another, he shows to be very passionate about certain things, such as his business and society.

He's the only villain that I couldn't read at all and got me thinking for a while. Saying "this guy is evil because in the past he ____" doesn't makes a good villain imo.

>Oh, nevermind, you're just baiting. Disregard all that then.
Sorry for having a different reaction to SM's plot.
>>
>>31404293
The region is fine. Every part is fully recognizable even by someone who never went to France.
The story too: it's underage retards that can't read dialogues and go "Uh, why does Lysandre want to decimate the population? Because they're not stylish? Idk lol" when he always explained his reasons and provided examples.
It's the other characters who need to be fixed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.