[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Many people say that the new anime is not good enough as XYZ.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: asco.jpg (13KB, 320x157px) Image search: [Google]
asco.jpg
13KB, 320x157px
Many people say that the new anime is not good enough as XYZ. In terms of quality, we are gettimg less than we deserve. What do you think about?
>>
>>31403939
It looks so awful that I don't want to waste my time watching a single episode.
>>
>>31403939
the pokemon anime is a marketing strategy designed to get kids into the games. it has no substance, no creativity, no dramatic tension, and no well-develeoped characters.

it's always been shit.
>>
>>31403956
Feel the same.
>>
>>31403939
Go ask them in their general, you dingus. Most of us don't watch that show because it's marketing crap for little kiddies.
>>
People care even less after they shitty league loss
>>
>>31403939
I gave it a shot, but really it's just plain boring (and looks bad).
I don't know what's worse, trial captains not existing or Ash going to school instead of travelling.
Alola had great potential, but they really fucked it up.
>>
Ash swept Hala in the most recent episode. It's fine.
>>
>>31404026
Ash does literally nothing at the school, the school aspect was a marketing ploy to get viewers to watch. There hasn't been a single episode focused on school antics.
>>
Discuss this shit here instead of killing other threads for it:
>>31400067
>>31400067
>>31400067
>>
>>31404112
10 fucking episodes and I feel empty. Not even win his victory against hala.
>>
>>31404131
I take it you liked XY then? Not calling you out or anything as I like XY too but there is clearly a stigma towards Sun and Moon because it came after XY. I've watched the anime since I was a child and nothing really stands out as bad compared tot he other sagas. People went through XY acting like Serena or Greninja mattered when in the grand scheme of the show but we all knew they would be discarded at the end. Sun and Moon has far from the best first 10 episodes of the series but it certainly doesn't have the worst. I find the focus on Ash refreshing. His fun and wacky personality melded with his competence is what I've wanted for ages.
>>
>>31404174
So how do you explain the introduction, i mean how he got to the alola region. i thought people always wanted a more serious main character and not the 10-year-old child personality forever.
>>
>>31404211
>So how do you explain the introduction
I'm a bit confused by this. Is there something wrong with Ash getting to the Alola region due to Mr. Mime winning a contest? Ash never has gripping reasons for visiting a new regions.

>I thought people wanted a more serious main character
When people talk about this they mean battle competence. You'll see in the fandom there's a much larger outrage towards Ash fucking up in a battle than if Ash is just fucking around outside a battle. The battles in episode 1, 8, 9, and 10 show this Ash means business despite what his whacky expressions say.
>>
>>31404258
So people actually want serious battle performance and not a good background history where he develops himself as a trainer?
>>
>>31403939
People bitching about the visual change is just a mislead. The actual content of the show is really undramatic and slow, and that reasonably puts people off when compared to the drama that XYZ ended on.
>>
>>31404275
Yes, because battle competence is really all that matters in this show. The show hasn't changed in 20 years, the only hope is that Ash doesn't make a complete ass of himself in battle, which he hasn't in Sun and Moon yet.
>>
>>31403959
So much this
>>
>>31404318
Well, if you put it that way, idk what the hell happened in sinnoh then
>>
It seems like they blew their budget on xy&z and didn't make as much money as they were hoping for, and decided it wasn't worth it to keep the animation quality
>>
>>31403939
i think it's cute and i like it

it's a kids show to sell games and toys and trading cards so like, would you rather watch this or buddyfight vandcard?
>>
>>31403959
>>31404495
>implying you don't want children to have quality entertainment
>implying you wouldn't want a good pokemon show that could be enjoyed by people of all ages whilst being an ad for the games
>>
>>31404481
This budget myth has been disproven time and time again, how do comments like these continue to exist? Animation mainly depends on the people working on it, not how much money you throw at it. Sun and Moon has the same animators on it. Go watch the Totem fight that was clearly done by Iwane.
>>
>>31404559
>This budget myth has been disproven time and time again
Source
>Animation mainly depends on the people working on it, not how much money you throw at it
Someone never watched Evangelion's last episodes. NGE was fucked up in the end because they had no money.
>>
>>31404559
Actually, i remember a thread where someone said that OLM got new animators and director for SM. Part of the actual team is french. (rumor)
>>
>>31404519
it can be enjoyable for all ages and a commercial, and i think it is. the art is cute and fits the region and I like what i've seen of the story so far.

there's pokemon origins and maybe even the movies if you're looking for like, something more serious?

things can be stupid, fun, and quality all at once. sorry if you don't like this season, but i can guarantee you there will be more in the future and things will change. otherwise, you got like 20 years of backlog to rewatch if that's your thing.
>>
>>31404581
Check the credits. It's the same people. The director has been with the show since AG.
>>
>>31404612
source?
>>
File: sm.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sm.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>31403939
>>
>>31404703
I don't see what's wrong in it
>>
File: 1478230637173.jpg (74KB, 461x347px) Image search: [Google]
1478230637173.jpg
74KB, 461x347px
>>31404714
>>
>>31403939
it's true. it looks less beautiful.
but the good thing is that the narrative might become a bit better and less repetitive.

it's a less serious show now.
>>
>>31403959
that's complelely wrong though.

it just became a drag as the show went on and on so the characters became stuck in a rut.
>>
>thinking XYZ was quality animation and not a bunch of stillframes and ancient animation tricks.
>>
>>31404174
Ash looks and acts like he's completely retarded now
>>
>>31405445

Outside of battles. When he's battling or aiding someone in trouble he still shows his competence and awareness.

But yeah... outside of battles he's beyond autistic.
>>
I like it better than XY, it was nice seeing Hala getting his shit kicked in instead of Ash losing to most challenges like usual.
>>
>>31403939
>no Ilima
It's shit.
>>
>>31404275
Ash has been in the top eight on the last four areas that he's visited.

He's one of the best trainers in the world. He should NOT be losing to newbie trainers.
>>
>>31407654
He hasn't in SM, which is a step above BW.
so far he's lost 2 battles If I remember. one to a Grubbin because it was near his classmates and would have been too risky to attack. The other was against Lillie's butler, who was a well trained battler (and it was Rowlet's first battle in the show).
Other than that he's won against the Totem and Kahuna.
>>
HEY LOOK, KIDS! IT'S ANOTHER "ASHIME RETARDS DON'T KNOW WHAT GOOD ANIMATION LOOKS LIKE BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN WATCHING GARBAGE THEIR ENTIRE LIFE" THREAD!
>>
>>31408203
Quit bumping it then if you hate it that much
>>
>>31403939
XYZ was boring.
Sun/Moon is Ok.
>>
>>31403939

Would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable if Ash won the Kalos League, now there's really no point since we know he's gonna fail at whatever he aims to do this season.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.