[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smogon is Stall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

File: Smogon.jpg (45KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
Smogon.jpg
45KB, 500x717px
Smogon is stall.

A simple phrase.

Smogon is stall.

Say it to yourself

Smogon is stall.

Once more.

Smogon is stall.

Repeat after me.

Smogon - Defined as the unofficial "authority on Pokemon".

is - The act of being.

Stall - Relying on defense and chip damage.

Smogon is stall. Some may call me crazy. Others will come to my side. In the end, only one can be right. And I know for a fact that Smogon is stall.

Do you have proof? Why yes. Yes I do. Smogon began gained popularity in Generation IV where Wi-Fi battles were introduced. You no longer had the ability to just fight with friends. You had the opportunity to battle with everyone around the world. With there not being an official tier list, Smogon stepped up to the plate.

At first, Smogon was great! Smogon was wonderful! OU was in fact... and you may be surprised to hear this... but... It was a balanced and healthy meta! Ubers was a ban list. BL didn't exist. All was great in the world of Pokemon.

However, as we all know... Smogon would come to favor stall.

The first instances of Smogon's favoritism toward stall can be seen from the very beginning. While Smogon was fair... they showed signs of turning as evidenced by
Issue #5 of "The Smog". In this webzine, Smogon had an article on "OU Laddering". To say the least... the article encouraged stall. While Smogon took no stall support actions in Gen IV, Gen V would prove to be a different story.

With Gen V, the meta was ruled by weather... which ironically, promoted the stall meta we know today. With stall becoming more popular due to offensive threats, the ban of drizzle threw off the balance of the meta game. The stall meta was born. Top players were stall, and this continued onto Generation VI where Smogon really started going full fucking retard.

Can you fucking believe that they didn't ban Mega Sableye? Those fucking autists. Who the hell do they think they are? They waited until the very last day to ban that fucker. Fuck Smogon. STALL.
>>
>>31403803
congratulations, you're the 50th tripfag I've put on my filter so far
>>
>>31403803
Are you a grill
>>
>>31403870
No. I'm a male.
>>
it would take months between drinks with that pic, so I'd rather just drink when I please, that's way faster
>>
>Smogon tells me I can't have Dragon Rage Magikarp in Gen I/II Little Cup
FUCK SMOGON THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO ADAPT
>>
Likewise, I love stall.

Celesteela and Toxapex are two of my favorites, and I even genned a Ferrothorn.
>>
>>31403803
1: Nigga no one cares about an article in a gen before there were any bans that could be considered to help Stall
2: perma weather was broken as fuck. Using weatherless teams meant you were going to get your ass eaten by drill. Weather setter and abusers were legal in gen 6 when that shit was actually fucking fine.
3. M-Sable was put up for suspect early in ORAS, and it failed. Now you're just outright lying.
I'm drunk af, but have a (u) tripfag scum.
Also, did it take you a whole 30 seconds to make that picture? You could have spent that time drinking bleach
>>
>>31404006
I didn't make it. It was the only relevant pic in my folder. Didn't feel like finding another.

1. And no. No one cares , but it shows that they had their minds on stall from the very beginning.

Yeah weather was fucked, but that was the only thing offense had that they gained from Gen IV. Meanwhile stall got all sorts of new toys. Once offense's only thing was gone, stall was the only thing left standing. They promoted stall because offense was too strong at this point.

3. The polls were rigged. Ask anyone. : ). There's evidence.
>>
these "I really hate smogon guys!!!!" threads are as annoying as the constant verlis threads. just stop. Also they did ban mega sableye, I mean it was the 2 days before they jumped to gen 7 but they banned him.
>>
>>31404041
It doesn't mean anything. No one gives a shit about the ORAS meta. It's Gen VII now and Mega Sableye is on the loose... again! Offensive Pokemon are getting banned left and right... and no stall Pokemon have been banned or been suspected!! No bias here!! The stall agenda is real. Stallgon is real. Open your eyes Mareeple!
>>
>>31404074
>Offensive Pokemon are getting banned left and right... and no stall Pokemon have been banned or been suspected!!

holy shit you are retarded

aegislash got fucking QUICKBANNED
>>
>>31404198
Thanks for supporting my argument, kiddo. Aegislash is an offense mon.
>>
>>31404206
>smugbonnie without posting Bonnies

You've changed man. You don't deserve your name
>>
>>31404222
I got banned for "Avatarfagging".

Looks like I gotta bend the knee. Fucking shitty ass mods with a fucking stick up their asses.
>>
File: 1484531240779.gif (85KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484531240779.gif
85KB, 480x270px
How about...
Ignore Smogon and do what you want!
>>
>>31404242
As if the alternative is any better. "JUST USE YOUR BRO" people are even worse than Stallgautists in my eyes.
>>
>>31404255
Jesus nobody is forcing you to adhere to their gay rules.
Eat some radium and jack off an urchin.
>>
>>31404236
So you're avoiding your ban? :^)
>>
>>31404263
Millions of people are choosing to jump to their deaths. Should I just ignore it? No. I want to save these people. I want to show them the light. I want to be the Ampharos that guides the Mareep.
>>
>>31404269
This ban happened a long time ago. I've stopped avatarfagging since then.
>>
>>31404206
Aegislash was more of a bulky check to the metagame due to 150 defenses and typing. It's offensives let it do good damage, but it's more bulky offense/balance than hard offense.
>>
>>31403803
>banning a steeltype with 150/150 defenses is being prostall

Typical tripfag
>>
>>31404279
And? Let them.
You can't force change.
If I choose to drink water, you have no right to make me do otherwise because you don't like to.
Fuck off and learn that your will isn't law.
>>
>>31404287
Aegislash is clearly an entirely different thing. He's both offense and defense. Smogon would rather just ban it because it's offensive. That's why it was banned anyway. Not because of its bulk, but because of its "unpredictability" in its moveset. It could be a special attacker and a physical attacker. The bulk just added onto its physical capabilities since it could use Weakness Policy well.
>>
>>31404294
except you're not drinking water, you're drinking poison.
>>
File: 1482873302095.png (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482873302095.png
55KB, 500x500px
>>
>>31404279
>wanting to stop mass abortions or trannies killing themselves with regret

Faggot

>>31404295
Do you even VGC either?
>>
BL has existed in every gen except 1.
>>
>>31404312
I don't VGC. That's basically the equivalent for North Korea.
>>
>>31404302
And why do you care?
The goodness of your heart?
Fuck off m8
>>
Wait why did they ban mega mawaile again?
>>
>>31404325
105 base attack and huge power
>>
>>31404319
>hates both fan battling systems and official systems

What are you even trying to argue. Democracy ain't perfect but it's much better than anything else that has existed

I really wish I wasn't this autistic but I can't stop
>>
>>31404323
The goodness of my heart... yes. Is that hard to believe?
>>31404323
No. Mega Mawile is unreleased. Smogon wouldn't hesitate to give it the banhammer though.
>>
>>31404325
>>31404335
Plus the best typing in the game
>>
File: 1483876354041.jpg (73KB, 708x645px) Image search: [Google]
1483876354041.jpg
73KB, 708x645px
>>31404342
>>
>>31404339
>implying Stallgon is democratic

Member the rigged poll? : )
>>
>>31404348
sounds a lot like current democracy if you ask me
>>
>>31404357
Well we need a Donald Trump to Make OU Great Again and drain the swamp!
>>
>>31403803
Didn't they ban the ultimate stall until rage quit scenario with block heal pulse Leppa Berry, Recycle, slack off Slowbro? And why is stall such a God damn boogeyman for you. It's easier to deal with than a an offense team that has won momentum.. Not to mention things like Stallbreaker Tapu Fini and offensive Z move users like SSSS Moxie Mence or Bloom Doom Tranent can easily blast through walls. And if you really are that triggered by Stallbreaker play VGC, in doubles stall is a completely unviable strategy because stuff like Chansey can be muscled out with a double target. And as for Mega Sableye is easier to deal with because there are more fairies running around and burns damage was nerfed
>>
>>31404379
Are we talking about the Agei vote or the Clinton democratic candidate vote/Russian shit
>>
>>31404387
They also banned Shadow Tag, a prominent force in stall.
>>
>>31404295
What about his sub toxic set that let it take out the majority of its checks
>>
>>31404387
That's not "Stall". That's just being a dick. And Fini's time in OU won't last much longer. She's going straight to Ubers soon.
Also. VGC doesn't have stall, but it's still pretty shit. Shitty rules is better than no rules.

>>31404389
I forgot which poll was rigged, but I remember some people talking about it on here... mods were deleting posts on Smogon.
>>
>>31404387
They also refuse to ban Stealth Rocks which punishes stall
>>
>>31404408
Yeah that was horseshit

But it's by far better than any other meta that has ever existed.

>>31404400
Shadowtag was just unhealthy on Gothitelli
>>
>>31404410
Of course they won't ban Rocks. Then it'd be obvious that they support stall. They'll never do that.
>>
>>31404424
Yes, goth stall ran the meta for months and they banned it. If they were promoting stall they wouldn't have done that.
>>
>>31404198
What would you ban? Chansey? Celesteela? Toxapex? You just seem to not want anyone to play an archetype you don't like. And what about offensive threats that offense can't handle without using itself? Like Mega Salamence. Or things like Evasion boosters where the only 100% stops like Roar and Haze are only really carried by stall.
>>
>>31404424
And Wob, and M-Gengar and it's still fucking dumb on Duggy (i know thats a different ability, but same shit.) Trapping is dumb
>>
>>31404430
They are also looking into banning Arena Trap which is also very much a stall staple in Gen 7.
>>
>>31404466
and the FBI is surely looking into those Clinton emails (they're not)
>>
>>31404408
Why Fini is like Landorus? It is a great mon but not outright broken.
>>
>>31404493
They banned Shadow Tag last gen. Why wouldn't they do the same thing to Arena Trap which works identically.
>>
>>31404532
Well Flying type Pokémon are immune too
>>
>>31404532
Because all Pokemon that have it can use it efficiently. If Huge Power were banned and a Caterpie got it... wouldn't mean that Caterpie should be banned. Plus, Dugtrio doesn't use it for stall purposes.
It wouldn't be a hit for stall, but for offense.
>>
>>31404408
>he seriously thinks they're going to ban Fini
As if it wasn't apparent enough already, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.
>>
>>31404557
>Plus, Dugtrio doesn't use it for stall purposes.
Duggy is a staple on stall teams you dumb fuck.
>>
>dfw someone assumes smogon rules are standard
>>
>>31404558
>he seriously thinks they're not going to ban fini
As if it wasn't apparent enough already, you clearly don't know Smogon. They're not really known for their decision making.
>>
>>31404557
It literally is a necessity on stall teams to remove their threats that they cannot chip down. Not every mon on stall is a bulky toxic user some are offensive mons to remove key threats or act as a win condition.
>>
>>31404577
Are you sure you are not confusing it with Tapu Lele? You know the one who can fuck over offense with shutting down their priority and thus letting Pherosma run wild as well as stall by blasting them with Specs and boosted Psyshocks
>>
>>31404621
You're right. I forgot my Tapus. To be fair, they all look the same.
>>
>>31403803
Hare krishna hare krishna
hare hare krishna krisna
smogon stall smogon stall
smogon smogon stall stall
hare rama hare rama
hare hare rama rama
>>
>>31404577
If you're really interested on what's probably on the radar to be banned anytime soon:

1. Tapu Lele. It's basically on the "too strong" basis like Lando-I is, it's not a complicated ban. It's a little slow, but Scarf still hits harder than most banded/specs users (thanks, Psyshock!). It warps the meta a bit, to the point that Pursuit Mega Metagross is showing up everywhere since so little else can nullify its presence. Even then, it can't really switch in reliably on Hidden Power Fires. It's not like it's unreasonable to deal with, like with Aegislash (it being everywhere warps the meta to deal with it), but its presence absolutely makes a big impact on the metagame, as anything it counters is practically unviable (same as aegis). It's not a guaranteed ban by any stretch, but it's almost certainly the next suspect.

2. Dugtrio/Mega Sableye. There's a lot of debate on this one, but Smogon REALLY hates it when stall gets a good trapper. We've seen through ORAS that trapping + mega sableye causes issues, but it's super dependent on who feels like pointing fingers to what. In ORAS it was abundantly obvious that it was Sableye's fault, but the blame was pawned off on Gothitelle because there was some reasonable doubt that Sableye could be broken without her presence. That theory ended up being wrong, which is why Sableye left the tier in round 2. The same thing is happening again: if you poll high level tournament players, their #1 thing they want to ban is Dugtrio, because it's the Pokemon with the single largest impact in high level tournament play. Liken this to the Gen 4 wobbuffet ban, where Wob wasn't as strong in ladder play, but ruined the tournament setting. Tapu Lele has better odds of hitting a suspect because how it effects more rungs of play, but tournament players are really pushing to make getting rid of Trap Stall a priority.

Out of characters, but hopefully you get the idea.
>>
>>31404627
Tapu Koko and Tapu Bull are pretty distinct. But if they banned Lele it would be a pretty egalitarian ban given that like I said Lele fuck over both offense and stall in different ways
>>
>>31404665
You know. It sucks you took the time to make that post. I'm mainly just acting retarded because I'm pretty much bored right now.. Fuck I feel bad. I'll read your post anon.

Yeah, I've heard about Lele. I honestly haven't played much on Showdown, but I've tried it out... and Lele is not fun. It's everywhere...
>>
>>31403803
>Do you have proof? Why yes. Yes I do
>proceeds not to produce a single shred of proof or source

>Can you fucking believe that they didn't ban Mega Sableye?
You do realise that Sableye is as much anti-stall as it is stall?
>>
>>31404665
Wob was banned because Wob vs Wob was a nightmare that nobody enjoyed, it was akin to facing Funbro.
Banning Dugtrio is downright idiotic and nowhere near comparable to ST Goth/Wobb.

Also reminder to ignore retarded tripfags, specially the ones that clearly know nothing about what they talk about and they just seek attention, they are mentally ill and ignoring them is the best way to make them move on.
>>
>>31404767
Hey man. I'm human too.
Plus. I admitted that I'm acting retarded. Not for attention. But out of boredom. It's fun watching /vp/ react to my shitty posts.
>>
>>31404775
>Not for attention
Sure boy. Here, have a (You)
>>
>>31403885
Na you're a faggot.
>>
>>31404799
Yeah. I'm gay irl. Nothing wrong with that.
>>31404791
Thanks man.
>>
>>31403803
>At first, Smogon was great! Smogon was wonderful! OU was in fact... and you may be surprised to hear this... but... It was a balanced and healthy meta! Ubers was a ban list. BL didn't exist. All was great in the world of Pokemon.
Yeah I don't remember that and I played GenIII in Netbattle
>>
>>31404775
>Boredom

Ha, is that what you tripkids are calling depression nowadays?
>>
>>31404822
wanna date? :3
>>
>>31404839
Hey dude. No need to be a jerk. I know we're on the 4chans and all, but come on.

>>31404833
yeah. did anyone care about comp in Gen III? It didn't really get going until Gen IV.
>>
File: yeah that's gonna be.jpg (44KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
yeah that's gonna be.jpg
44KB, 400x285px
>>31404841
>Dating anyone who browses /vp/
>>
>>31404847
>did anyone care about comp in Gen III?
Yeah, me and the million BRs infesting every Netbattle server
You can't nostalgiafag about the beginnings of Smogon without talking about Netbattle though.
>>
>>31404879
What's netbattle?

Sorry. It's just that I didn't really get into comp. until Gen IV.
>>
>>31404887
GenIII Showdown.
>>
>>31404893
What happened to it? I never really heard of an online sim until Showdown came about. Was it just outdated and no one got to updating it once Gen IV came around?
>>
>>31403803
>Actually thinking the bans of aegislash and Mega Salamence were bad things.

Bruh, at the start of Gen 7 OU, aegislash was almost the most used mon for the first month, even though it was banned during the second half of that month. Also, shouldn't you be celebrating the fact aegislash is banned, due to its popular set of sub toxic being the epitome of stall?

Mega Mence was banned because it was incredibly obvious that it was going to be ridiculous, and smogon had some sort of test ladder 2 weeks before ORAS release and it was proven there.

Greninja was banned for the same reason Genesect is banned right now. Genesect gets a free +1 on top of a huge movepool. In Gen 6, Greninja's protean effectively gave it +1 to all its moves that weren't STAB already. Gunk Shot gave it that one extra option that made its move pool too much to handle, in the context of the ORAS OU meta. It isn't banned now because the meta changed.

Also, one must keep in mind that these offensive threats screwed over balanced and offensive teams just as much if not more than stall teams.

Now are the more controversial ones. Mega Mawile and Blaziken. Mawile is banned because of it having the best typing in the game, the highest effective attack stat in the game, SD and sucker punch, which was easy to set up due to Mawile forcing so many switches, and a neat sub + focus punch set. Blaziken was banned because speed boost with great STAB coverage meant it couldn't be revenge killed, and if it SD'd up, sweep really easily. Baton pass was the cherry on top.

I'll say it again, these mons were just as if not more annoying and effective against offensive teams as they were against stall. You need to stop thinking that "banning offensive mons = increasing stall viability".
>>
>>31404899
Literally wiki it or something
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_NetBattle

>I never really heard of an online sim until Showdown came about
Pokemon Online? ShoddyBattle?
Basically you haven't been playing competitive online before 2012 or so?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472953075843.jpg (29KB, 540x485px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472953075843.jpg
29KB, 540x485px
>>31404847
Bro, that was mild. If you're going to knowingly act like a idiot because you're bored, you might want to get use to people intentionally hurting your feeling for similarly feeble reasons.

You puss.
>>
>>31404974
i do remember pokemon online. i forgot about it... too lazy to wiki net battle.
>>
>>31404974
I remember the days before we had actual programs and had to use an IRC bot to battle online.
>>
>>31405064
You're essentially still doing the same thing, just with sprites and animations.
>>
>Smogonfag false flagging as anti-Smogon retard

I have to admit, it's kinda clever.
>>
>>31405133
Did you even read the thread? OP is a retard that doesn't even play competitive and is just shitposting for attention.
>>
>>31405160

I did read it. No one can be this retarded naturally so it has to have been done on purpose.
>>
>>31405162
He's been at this shit for a month and a half. He's autistic as fuck, like all tripfags, but autistic enough to not even know what he's talking about.
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/tripcode/!K5OtBCIEPI/
Report, filter, and hide. Sage if you have to to stop the thread from being bumped.
>>
>>31405188
>implying that guy isn't OP without the trip trying to damage control.
>>
>>31404767
DP Wob ban, not RS Wob ban. DP was a high level play thing.
>>
Ash-Greninja is going ubers after Lele probably
>>
>>31404031
>3. The polls were rigged. Ask anyone. : ). There's evidence.

I want to see the evidence.
>>
>>31403954
Jump into a garbage fire.
>>
File: 1484535178395.png (27KB, 737x404px) Image search: [Google]
1484535178395.png
27KB, 737x404px
>>31403803
Stall or not, it's not like those Pokemon are banned to take away your fun. They have been known to break the meta and restrict teambuilding and generally make things not fun. I love Aegislash and Greninja, and I fully accept and understand their ban.

I wouldn't know though, because I play Doubles. A format where stall is practically impossible, though other types of defensive play can still work fine. All four of those Pokemon in your image are allowed. And it's still a frontier out there, there's much more room to invent your own movesets and teams (Shuckle, who is godly in Doubles and only a meme in Singles, doesn't even have a Doubles analysis) and you get to fight a much larger variety of enemy teams than in Singles, as far as I know. This is a meta where my bros like Mudsdale and Torkoal are easily viable and have been helping me yield tremendous results.

At any rate, the only reason at all Smogon makes rules is to make the game more fun. They don't love stall, they just want to be rid of things that can barely be countered at all, especially Mega Salamence. If you hate stall so much, why not try and tailor a team to beat it? Just Taunting already shuts down a load of em.

Git gud or play a different format, you big stupid cotton-headed ninnymuggins.
>>
>>31403803
What a shitty drinking game
>>
ITT:nosy tripfag with a messiah complex won't let people do what they want because mother knows best
>>
>>31404728
>i'm only pretending to be retarded
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.