[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen8 Starters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: topstatstarters.png (253KB, 1223x453px) Image search: [Google]
topstatstarters.png
253KB, 1223x453px
What are your hopes for gen 8 starters? More of the same but better? Something totally different to offset what we've had before? Stats and type combos and thematics, what're you hoping for most?
>>
>>31400522
I hope we get a reptile water starter
>>
Wer're gonna get an Ox/water buffalo/bovine for a fire starter.
>>
Fire/Ground Chinchilla (Rabbit zodiac slot)

Water/anything new for a starter. Water/Ice, Water/Dragon, Water/Electric, Water/Rock, doesn't matter to me. Or just a new combo for Water would work, too. I don't mind.

Grass mammoth would be perfect, Megatherium could be cool, Diatryma, etc. Basically any ancient creature could work. I also wouldn't mind a new type for this one.

One stipulation: Please stop with the Fighting and Dark-types. We have too many as starters and it's getting stale, imo. Dark less so than Fighting.
>>
water / fighting
fire / steel
grass / fairy
>>
File: 1483591109169.jpg (63KB, 878x814px) Image search: [Google]
1483591109169.jpg
63KB, 878x814px
>>31400600
>>31400658
>2017
>STILL believing the zodiac theory
>>
>>31400669
>he doesn't believe in facts
>>
i'd love for the starters to be a little more abstract, like a living flame fire starter, for example, or a more plant-like grass starters instead of "dinosaur with leaves"

>inb4 rowlet
>implying owls aren't dinosaurs
>>
>>31400696
>typhlosion is a rat
>fox = dog even though the zodiac HAS A CLEAR DISTINCTION SINCE BOTH ANIMALS HAVE THEIR FUNCTION THERE
>>
>>31400522
I just hope it comes fast because the stat of the starters in gen 7 stink.
>>
>>31400522
how the hell as grass managed to get away with being so low HP and Sp all these years? And why is Water so weirdly balanced overall?
>>
File: AThumbCut_170115-202103.png (370KB, 790x465px) Image search: [Google]
AThumbCut_170115-202103.png
370KB, 790x465px
>>31400522
Here's what I think it should be.
It should follow the waifu, nu-male, and barabait meme. Also the fighter, rogue and mage rpg theme.

>Faunaia The Deer/Faun/Waifu one
Grass/Fairy (Based on Fauns, mother deer, it possess a strong maternal instinct, and it considered an embodiment of "mother nature".)

Ability(s):
>Overgrow
Hidden Ability:
>Mother Nurture - Allies regain 20% of health back, if Faunaia has not fainted yet.
Stats:
HP: 103
Atk: 45
Def: 90
Sp. Atk: 122
Sp. Def: 90
Spd: 80

>Buckaboom The rabbit/outlaw/Nu-male one
Fire/Ghost (based on rabbits and outlaws which is a subsection on the rogue category in rpgs. It's fingers are similar to guns. It's also based on a native American tale about a rabbit who plays pranks but ends up constantly getting himself killed and reborn again and again.)

Ability(s):
>Balze
Hidden Ability:
>Quick Draw - "Ball, Pulse, and "Shot" moves become priority but receive a 30% drop in power.
Stats:
HP: 83
Atk: 90
Def: 64
Sp. Atk: 110
Sp. Def: 64
Spd: 119

>Conchampion The snail/barabait
Water/Fighting (it's based on a fighting conch, brawlers, and Greek champions.)

Ability(s):
>Torrent
Hidden Ability:
>Hydrous Muscles - All non-Water type attacks receive and added Water typing.
Stats:
HP: 78
Atk: 123
Def: 133
Sp. Atk: 80
Sp. Def: 65
Spd: 55
>>
>>31400717
>Cyndaquil is literally the Fire Mouse Pokemon.
Fox=Dog was worth bringing it into question.
Then we got Cat (the 13th member in mythology) into Tiger.
No fucking argument.
>>
>>31400698
>implying rowlet is an owl
>>
>>31400522
FIRE/ICE: IT'S A FLAMINGO. FINAL FORM IS CALLED FLAMINCOLD
GRASS/POISON: IT'S A MOULD. FINAL FORM IS CALLED BROBIOTIC
WATER/BUG: IT'S A VERY TINY CATERPILLAR.
>>
>>31400522
As much as I might get shit on for these.

Grass: Horse, kinda sawsbuck-like who becomes a part psychic type. Sagetarius
Fire: Cow that becomes a Fire/Steel Minotaur. Tauroast.
Water: Goat -> Capricorn -> More developped and gets wings, Water/Flying, basically having the concept of becoming an animal that traverses Land, Sea, and Sky equally. Caprisoarn.

Bonus points if Lesser Legendaries, Pseudos, or strong single-stage mon ala Kangaskhan or Mimikyu finish out the Zodiac.
>>
I just want a fast as fuck fire rabbit starter.
>>
>>31400996
In hindsight, it'd make more sense to get wings in the second stage and grow the giant fish tail in the last stage.
>>
>>31400943
>literally the Fire Mouse Pokemon.
we go over this shit like once a week: no it's not. it's a shitty translation. "rat" in english refers to a species of animal. "nezumi" in Japanese refers to a non taxonomic category of small burrowing mammals that happens to include rats, mice, shrews, voles, gerbils, etc... Same way Japanese use "mushi" to refer to small not furred dirt crawlers that includes both insects, some aracnids, and also worms and grubs, yet we translated "mushi" as "bug" or "insect" which is by all right not equivalent overall but can be under specific context. Calling an animal clearly based on something more akin to a shrew or echidna a "mouse" just because the word "nezumi" was used is a mistake attributable to what is functionally illiteracy.
>>
>>31400658
>2 dark starters out of 21
>WAAAAH STOP IT SO STALE
>>
>>31401060
Hinezumi is a mythical fire rat in japanese.

Hinezumi is Cyndaquil's japanese species.

Beyond that, it's very likely that they only use it as a guide. In fact, that's the arguement. They stretched it to be a shrew/porcupine/mouse hybrid because the quills make for a good fire element - speculation, of course, but it's a theory ninetheless.

Additionally - and this goes for >>31400717 too - Fox has appeared on the "Dog" spot on the zodiac before, in older times. And beyond that, little kids don't know the difference between foxes and dogs. In fact, they're really similar. Like... to the point where they might have chosen to go with a fox because it has more symbology in japan. You know?

And, finally... What happens in gen 12 when we have all but Cyndaquil and Fennekin "fitting in?" Will you say "ZODIACFAGS BTFO WE WERE RIGHT" or accept that they used it as a guide? Every gen it gets proven more and more. The prehistoric pattern for Grass starters is proven each gen as well. And yes, believe it or not, all Water starters are amphibious.

They need guidelines to make the starters on, otherwise they could go crazy and aimlessly in random directions.
>>
>>31401182
>Dark less so than Fighting
We got a Dark-type starter twice in a row. The OP asked what my hopes are for gen 8 starters, not what needs to happen for Pokémon to stay succesful, or anything as serious as that. Yes, I don't want another Dark-type starter for the third time in a row. I think it will become boring, at least to me. That's a valid opinion.
>>
>>31401251
The hinezumi is a mythical "Fire Vermin" it has multiple interpretations some of which are rats, none of which are mice, and some of which are fucking squirrels of all things. It's a broad category that does not single out a "mouse" which is the only tie anyone's got to the stupid zodiac theory. The point is that there's nothing that makes it a mouse, a rat, or a zodiac theme.
>>
>>31401479
"This fire-type Pokemon is based on a mythical fire vermin with a lot of interpretations, but you can't count this one as a type of vermin because I want to be right."
>>
>>31400522
Anything will be better than gen 7 starters.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.