[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nuzgen/ - Nuzlocke General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19

File: Capture.jpg (28KB, 770x526px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
28KB, 770x526px
where are the nuzgen threads fuckers edition

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed
>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges

>nuzgen discord chat
https://discord.gg/WPDUYd8
>>
File: 19-002.jpg (1MB, 2450x2000px) Image search: [Google]
19-002.jpg
1MB, 2450x2000px
>>31397078
also fucking finally its time to move on from gen II

goodbye gb color
hello gameboy advance
its a new world full of new opportunities

stalling shuckle is OP pls nerf
red got fugged
>>
File: 1480699044583.png (53KB, 202x245px) Image search: [Google]
1480699044583.png
53KB, 202x245px
Nuzlogg
>>
I am depressed right now.

Nuzlocking Blue, just got to last rival fight before victory road.

>Made a bad call, and lost my badass Sandslash, Ronin, to his Gyarados.
Figured, 'oh, Gyarados has a bad Special stat this generation', and not remembering 'Slash has an equally bad Special stat as well.

>Lost my amazing Victreebel, Snapple, to his Alakazam
My Jolteon, Finnick, managed to get a sand attack off, so Alakazam kept missing a lot. Switched to Snapple, praying on my good luck with lowered accuracy to try and get Wrap shenanigans going. Psybeam connects, critical hit to boot, and kills Snapple at full health.

R.I.P
Ronin and Snapple
Two best bros, their blood forever on my hands
>>
>>31397596
I never managed to keep a victreebel alive for long enough in any nuzlocke

So many weaknesses, so squishy and eager to die
>>
I'm running Soul Silver for the first time in a long time. I'm four badges in, had two deaths, and have cleared out the routes towards Olivine and up to the Lake of Rage, including catching the Red Gyarados.

My team is Quilava/Golem/Politoed/Aipom/Heracross. My 6th is basically a HM slot. Fighting and Water are big issues, but I have an Exeggcute in the daycare as his movepool is fucking ass, too much so to use and his exp gain is painful in Johto. At least Heracross starts out great, you know. Exeggute gets Confusion at the high 27 and Psychic is at 47 if I don't want to burn the TM post E4, while for Grass it has Bullet Seed and Solarbeam until after the Elite Four. There's also the matter of hoping for a Leaf Stone.

It's also really tempting to add my Impish Zubat to the team, but I've used Crobat in like 4 Nuzlockes now.

Chuck really bothers me, I don't have a good counter on my team whatsoever. Every other Gym Leader in Johto seems to feel like a boss that appears too early in the game, even the later ones because everything is so gimped here.
>>
>try nuzlocking moon for the first time
>pick Popplio since I've used the other two starters in previous playthroughs
>my only capture was Pikipek
>Hau's Pichu sweeps me

This is the fastest I've ever lost a nuzlocke.
>>
>>31397950
chuck was a bastard on my silver run

all my burds and bugs died before him and he dynamic punched everything else with 100% accuracy

are you using the water HMs on your politoed?
>>
File: Red's Brilliant Blue Nuzlocke 3.jpg (401KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Red's Brilliant Blue Nuzlocke 3.jpg
401KB, 1552x1015px
Started nuzlocking Blue, it's going well so far.

>>31397596
>tfw Colorado and Chef are my MVPs so far

Shit man. That sucks.
>>
>>31398884
>evolving nidoqueen that early

why?
>>
Randomized Platinum. Random encounters, TM/compatibility, map items and abilities

>starter: Heracross
>first encounter: Parasect
>first item found: Claw Fossil

...fuck this, I'm making it a mono bug type 'locke. Changing first encounter to first three so I'm not stuck with a party of 3 throughout the game.

>three routes later: a random shiny Corsola appeared.

Fuck RNG. ToxapexFud boxed for bragging rights.

Currently entering Hearthome with Parasect (motherfucking Solid Rock, holy shit /vp/, I fixed it), Heracross (Unburden), Masquerain (Swarm), Skorupi (Tinted Lens) and Anorith (Sheer Force..? Don't remember). Already lost a female Burmy, Cascoon and Volbeat. Fucking Roark naturally randomed a fire type, so did Mars. Luckily water Gardenia was a bit easier and fighting Jupiter was a piece of cake.

Do you think I should evolve Skorupi? I'm really looking forward to that Drapion but I'm aware it loses bug type... Kinda a dilemma.
>>
>>31399139
Nidoqueen gets Body Slam at Lv. 23 nigga
And the only worthwhile move Nidorina gets through level up is Double Kick at Lv. 50

Christ Gen 1 movesets were such trash
>>
File: Screenshot_20170115-145204.png (388KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170115-145204.png
388KB, 1440x2560px
Here's my stunning steel progress so far. I'm about to battle trainers on route 3. Should I box my dead teammates or release them?
>>
>>31399511
>Should I box my dead teammates or release them?

I box them so i can make logs later on because no way in hell i remember all the pokemon that die in my runs

But you do you
Just don't carry bodies around man that's gross
>>
>>31399217
If it's good enough for Aaron, it's good enough for you
>>
>>31399217
wait is parassect a bug? i thought it was a mushroom
>>
>>31399983
Bug type.
And, speaking of which, one of two Pokemon families based on insects belonging to true bugs, the other being Nincada's.

Try harder.
>>
File: 1475710047174.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1475710047174.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
>first pokemon i catch is zigzagoon
>it proceeds to crit every pokemon i try to catch before roxanne
>now i'm facing her with a lvl 13 torchic and zigzagoon
>win
>catch a zubat
>finally i will have ano-
>brawly crit knock off kills it
>still solo combusken now

for fucks sake

fuck my life
>>
File: 1429037277480.png (159KB, 303x325px) Image search: [Google]
1429037277480.png
159KB, 303x325px
Let me tell you my only nuzlocke story.
>Decide to nuzlocke Sapphire version some time ago
>To add up to the challenge, I play with battle style set and forbid myself from using items during battles
>Smooth sailing, much easier than I thought.
>When I reach Victory Road I've only experienced one major loss due to a dumb play that I could have avoided
>Super confident, thinking that I'm going to make it
>Reach Wally
>Easily destroy his first four Pokemon
>Switch out against Gardevoir because I had a bad matchup
>Gardevoir uses Double Team on the switch
>"Please no"
>Proceed to miss every single attack while Gardevoir sets up with Double Team and Calm Mind
>Gardevoir sweeps my entire team with Psychic
>mfw

I had never before lost to Wally in my life. I didn't even know his Gardevoir has Double Team. I don't think I can ever try a nuzlocke again after this experience.
>>
>>31397863
The only grass Pokemon I've successfully run are Leafeon and Sceptile. I always have trouble with grass, ice and regional birds. Although my Fearow, Reggie, has been kicking ass the entire time.

>>31398884
Take good care of yours. Ronin kept up well and took on many of the gyms with ease, so your Colorado should be excellent the rest of the way through your nuzlocke.
>>
>>31399217
God yes evolve into Drapion asap. One major weakness, neutralizes Fairy at least, and Tinted Lens will be extremely good to you.

My Yanmega from HG had Tinted Lens and got many kills with ineffective moves throughout the journey.
>>
>>31400453
>not having a mightyena
>>
File: 1475608310289.jpg (95KB, 405x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475608310289.jpg
95KB, 405x540px
which 3DS game is the best to nuzlocke?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170115-204233.png (391KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170115-204233.png
391KB, 1440x2560px
>>31399511
Just came out of cerulean cave and luckily nobody died. However, I killed my first encounter but it was a zubat so I didn't care
Gonna stop for tonight and continue tomorrow
>>
>>31400931
X/Y
>>
Not making a cute graph or anything yet since I'm not even at route 2, but holy fuck early game SM nuzlocke is kind of stressful when dealing with Yungoose. Knowing that there's a chance switching will just lead to a Stakeout-induced death makes me hesitate.
>>
File: 21-001.jpg (1MB, 2450x2000px) Image search: [Google]
21-001.jpg
1MB, 2450x2000px
A David Lynch nuzlocke, Misfortune Walk With Me

or gen 3 just had those bullshit crits out of nowhere stopping you from capturing pokemon and i didn't remember? dear fucking god, it's so fucking hard to capture ANYTHING. stop dying you little shits

first run went to the gutter, guess i'm picking meme mudfish now for a change of pace
>>
>>31401307
Ain't Stakeout only for the totem?
>>
roll for monotype transgeneration nuzlocke run
>>
>>31401648
I dont think so, it's one of the standard abilities. Also they learn Pursuit pretty early on so that makes it even more annoying.

<- Current run, Haven't done a themed run in some time. So this is the Punk girl run: >Fire,Poison and Fighting types only.
>Can take pokemon that will evolve into pokemon of the selected typings.
>Only capture the first pokemon of the chosen types on each route.
>Perma-death is in place, lost pokemon are boxed for posterity.
>Max of 5 items on myself at all times.
>Nicknaming mandatory, for this run I chose to go for punk/rock etc. band names or singers.
>>
File: punkgirlrun.png (493KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
punkgirlrun.png
493KB, 750x500px
>>31402622
Forgot image
>>
reroll>>31402610
>>
>>31402610
>transgender nuzlocke

how progressive, how does it work?
>>
>>31397116
>>31401371
I did this challenge in about 2014 or so, good luck, it becomes really fun towards the end.

Debating in creating a tier-list for Pokemon for Nuzlockes.
>>
>>31402708
>Debating in creating a tier-list for Pokemon for Nuzlockes.

It's a cool idea
Slowbro is absolutely top tier, most of fire and grass pokemon are crap that you spend more time trying to keep them alive than anything else
>>
>>31402762
It would have to have a set of factors in play and it would also be dependent on generation as well. Even Pokemon from remakes could change tiers due to the introduction of abilities and such.

Just not really sure what traits I want to judge the Pokemon by. I know the ability to successfully wall and sweep are probably the biggest two but availability and location can also play a big factor in it.
>>
>doing randomized BW2
>catch lvl15 scizor
>nice!
>put scizor up front for leveling
>run into magnezone
>Scizor only knows pursuit, leer, quick attack, and focus energy (plus it's not even technician)
>don't have any other mons to switch into to kill this thing quickly either
>let's run
>magnet pull
>fuck
>Magnezone used Sonicboom!
>FUCK
>Magnezone used Supersonic!
>Scizor hurt itself in confusion! x9
>FUCK FUCK FUCK

Scizor survived with 3hp after burning through 8 potions
>>
File: 20170116_002352.jpg (480KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_002352.jpg
480KB, 2896x2896px
>>31400946
Well, I had some free time to play right before bed and I fucking lost my mankey which was doing fucking amazing and my jigglypuff who had both mega punch and kick. Lost both to the rival battle in cerulean city. RIP
>>
>>31403275
So after posting this, I just felt like leveling a bit

>Scizor at level 19, but he's got Shadow Claw now from randomized TM and False Swipe from level up
>Encounter wobbuffet
>Give me a fucking break?!?
>Shadow Claw, trying to one-shot it
>Wobbuffet somehow out-speeds and uses Destiny Bond
>FUUUCK
>Wobbuffet lives the Shadow Claw (thank god)
>Use False Swipe so I don't kill it
>Wobbuffet spams Destiny Bond twice
>Wobbuffet uses Counter! (Does nothing since I'm False Swiping at 1hp)
>Use Quick Attack to kill it before it can do anything else
>Wobbuffet's Quick Claw let it go first!
>FUUUUUUCK
>Scizor used Quick Attack
>Wobbuffet fainted!

I guess it used a negative priority move like Counter or something, but this Scizor is giving me a heart attack. I can't believe it's survived this shit.
>>
File: Red's Brilliant Blue Nuzlocke 4.jpg (465KB, 1552x1216px) Image search: [Google]
Red's Brilliant Blue Nuzlocke 4.jpg
465KB, 1552x1216px
Update.
Things are getting trickier now, since evolved Pokemon are common enemies now, but the team is still holding out.
>>
File: white2nuzlocke0115.png (174KB, 1031x1244px) Image search: [Google]
white2nuzlocke0115.png
174KB, 1031x1244px
>>31403275
>>31403512
Crumbs was carrying my team and just got one-shot by a Lucario... I know he's frail but I thought he'd live one hit. I'm honestly so sad...

On the bright side my first encounter on route 4 was Kyurem... lol. I've seen Virizion, Mew, Ho-Oh and Jirachi in the wild so far.

Tynamo was the shittiest starter option, but Eelektross is my fave pokemon, so I had to take him.
>>
>>31400539
>neutralizes Fairy
>Platinum
>>
>>31402861
availability is certainly important. i mean, no matter how good the pokemon is, if it is hidden inside the third floor of some cave, barely anyone is ever going to get it unless they "cheat" for it

survivability is certainly important too. no one not capable of eating a self-destruct/explosion should figure out on the list. pokemon with utility abilities like Pickup can also be run savers in most restricted ones (like having a pickup zigzagoon finding you stuff for "no buying items" runs)
>>
>>31405308
Yeah, right now I'm thinking of dividing a Pokemon's viability by there four factors then.

Offensive Capabilities
How well the Pokemon can deal with threats and how likely they are to sweep gyms.

Defensive Capabilities
How well the Pokemon can take hits and survive critical attacks such explosion.

Utility
How well the Pokemon offers support for other team members. Basically what can it do to allow better survival and offensive capabilities for other members?.

Availability
The chances of getting this Pokemon in a nuzlocke in the first place, assuming first catch in area rules.
>>
>>31405342
>How well the Pokemon offers support for other team members

Ehhhh support skills are overrated for nuzlockes. Raw damage all the way or the highway.

I mean, does anyone ever bother training a Ledian in gen II if you get screwed with a Ledyba during the beginning just because of the support skills? Doubt it
>>
I'm doing a Wonderlocke of Sun (my first playthrough of the game) and I got to the Totem Wishiwashi which I keep hearing is supposed to be super hard, but I beat it in only 3 turns with my lv 26 Hariyama. I also one-shotted Totem Gumshoos. Am I overleveled? Should I restart and just do a nuzlocke or a normal playthrough?
>>
>>31405735
>keep hearing is supposed to be super hard, but I beat it in only 3 turns with my lv 26 Hariyama

Totem wishiwashi isn't really hard at all (the damn thing soaks you to make its moves even less effective for fucks sake) but yeah lvl26 by then is a tad overleveled

If you need to restart? Not really, if its bothering you just use other mons. By the time you reach the 4th island the levels will be around your party or even higher
>>
File: 1229617933696.jpg (61KB, 454x317px) Image search: [Google]
1229617933696.jpg
61KB, 454x317px
whats the point of wonderlocking instead of just randomizing
>>
>>31405510
The thing is that access to certain status effects can be really helpful for a Nuzlocke. Sleep is invaluable and paralyze can be as well. Screens, baton passing, etc are all useful things that a Pokemon can do that isn't just direct offensive power.

I don't think anyone would raise a Ledian unless they wanted to or had to in a Nuzlocke because everything about it is trash. It's a pretty extreme example in comparison to something like Whimsicott.
>>
>>31405876
I'm a pleb who doesn't own a computer to randomize my games on so I wonderlocke to get as close as I can. Also the feeling of getting something good or cool from one is very satisfying.
>>
>>31405998
What, you play on your cellphone or original hardware? Not a pc at all? weird. i guess you could still download randomized roms/hacks if you had a homebrew but more power to ya anyway
>>
File: 1456691152944.png (245KB, 900x827px) Image search: [Google]
1456691152944.png
245KB, 900x827px
>no buying items ruby nuzlocke
>found three zigzagoons in the first routes
>they keep finding good shit like ultra balls, nuggets and pp up

Not even mad
I fucking love Pickup
>>
What are some good nuzlocke videos on Youtube?

I like GameXplain guy but the updates are too slow. I despise KingNappy, Shady something and those popular nuzlockers that scream every three seconds trying to hype everything regardless of how stupid or inconsequential it is
>>
>>31401099
Not anon but are you not even memeing? Base or Eternal/Wilting?
>>
>>31406325
Base XY with EXP Share off is a very hard nuzlocke. Probably only 2nd to BW2 Challenge mode.
>>
File: 1414683869804.png (341KB, 471x361px) Image search: [Google]
1414683869804.png
341KB, 471x361px
>>31406391
>Base XY with EXP Share off is a very hard nuzlocke
hahah hell no
exp share isn't the only casualization brought by XY you know
>>
>>31406325
eternal/wilitng are amateur tier broken hacks which shouldnt be played by anyone
>>
>>31402637
Only with Azurils
>>
>>31406086
>Not a pc at all? weird
What's weird about it?
>>
File: Capture.png (141KB, 596x447px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
141KB, 596x447px
Been a while since there's been a Nuzgen.

I beat Sun last month, now I'm back to trying to beat Bullshit Platinum. This was the last wild encounter that happened to me, so things aren't looking good. I'll probably stream in not too long.
>>
>>31407985
Alright, I died already to a random trainer
time to restart for an all day nuz marathon

jollynuzcrew.com
>>
>>31398781

Just Surf right now. He's pretty boss. I have Red Gyarados, he's basically my Whirlpool slave in every game.

Chuck was easy as well, turns out Aerial Ace Heracross and a Sharp Beak do good damage. I even threw the Red Gyarados on my team for Intimidate shenanigans if things looked bad, but never needed him.

If I don't get a Leaf Stone from Gina soon, I'll probably just trade one from Platinum before the Elite Four. I mean it's technically possible but such a faff to get one, it's just tedium. Exeggcute is very ass, he needs the Exp Share on him now. The typing is reasonable for my team but he gets no good moves at all for years.

Goldenrod Team Rocket shit is up next, and an assload of grinding. Clair is going to be my next big issue. Johto is mostly easy, but some bosses are ass. I'm slightly overlevelled, but I'll probably keep it that way, just so I have an easier time and that I don't have losses that I have to regrind. Grinding in Johto is bad as it is.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170116-133904.png (354KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170116-133904.png
354KB, 1440x2560px
dubs decides?
>>
>>31408562
Thunder
>>
>>31408562
None
>>
>>31408562
Fire
>>
>>31408562
dusk
>>
>>31408562
Dawn Stone
>>
>>31408663
I just went with is one since I'll be battling misty soon
>>
>>31397078
>http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed
>January 28th 2013

Almost 4 years old
>>
>>31405876
Wonderlocking is a pretty different experience from randomizing. Yeah, you'll probably get a lot of shitmons, but you'll also get a lot of breedjects. They'll probs be level 1 and a pain to train, but they might have hidden abilities, egg moves, and perfect IVs. You might also get some mons that are a lot higher leveled than you/the area you're in.
>>
>>31402632
Annnnd Morty wiped the floor with me. Shadowball hits like a truck and crit suspiciously often.

Oh well, rest well my little punk dudes.
>>
Gonna start heartgold for the first time. Which starter should I take?
>>
>>31411835
Fuck I meant sacred gold
>>
>>31411835
Cydaquil due to the lack of other decent fire types
>>
>>31405735
Wonderlockes are generally easier than nuzlockes because you are normally getting a breeding reject with much better IVs than you'd normally encounter
>>
>>31408562
Just Dusk your shit up.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.