[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it really deserve the hate that it gets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
Does it really deserve the hate that it gets?
>>
>>31394242
does it get hate?
>>
What hate?
>>
>>31394242
>does it deserve the non-existent hate it gets?
guess not
>>
>>31394242
>best remake
>remake of worst game
This gets hate?
>>
>>31394242
It's more overlooked than hated. There pretty decent remakes desu. I quite liked them.
>>
People forget about it from time to time but I never see hate for it.
>>
I've never seen any notable amount of hate on it. It's just gen 1 not a broken mess of code edition.
>>
>>31394242
Kanto really doesn't deserve the hate. It was great for its time. But /vp/ hates everything, and it's been around the longest, so naturally, it gets the most hate.
>>
Most people hate it because it locked out most of the Gen 2/3 Evos/Preevos to post game, and not even all of them were there.
>>
If cross gen evos weren't locked behind Natdex it would've been much better desu
>>
>>31394249
>>31394254
>>31394260
It's usually ranked not that highly among /vp/'s favourite Pokemon game, so I assumed not many people liked it here.

Would you rate FRLG as top 3 best Pokemon games?
>>
>>31394296
Top 5 probably
>>
>>31394266
two (2)

>>31394290
only flaw
>>
>>31394296
FRLG is my #1 favorite tbqh
>>
>gen 3 games
>hated

First day on /vp/?
>>
>>31394242
What hate?
>>
>>31394242
Yes.
>>
>>31394329
Let's not get crazy here. RS are still bad.
>>
>>31394329
I'm told that Emerald was much worse than FRLG
>>
>>31394266
Isn't it cool every Pokemon game has two versions? It's equal to the amount of genders.
>>
>>31394329
Is this your first day anon? RS like most first instalments weren't exactly the best compared to their third versions
>>
>>31394354
>>31394316
What is this meme I keep reading about?
>>
>>31394296
Never listen to /vp/
>>
>>31394296
>Would you rate FRLG as top 3 best Pokemon games?
The level curve is absolute garbage and the post-game content is near non-existent even though they shoved an entirely new region into it. So no, it is objectively not among the Top 3 best games. And I literally just finished a playthrough of it a week ago, so I'm not even talking from childhood memory or anything.
>>
>>31394390
You mean people who played it when it came out would have a worse opinion of it?

You drunk?
>>
>>31394290
The point was to remake RGB with updated mechanics. Johto mons such as Crobat are not part of the kanto experience. It was indeed stupid how a dex upgrade was necessary for a pokemon to evolve when the game even told you it was capable of evolving further tho
>>
>>31394390
>The level curve is absolute garbage
Which part of the game?

>the post-game content is near non-existent
Most people just play Pokemon games up to the Pokemon League and quit.
>>
>>31394266
We'll never forget how much of a try hard white knight you tried to be haha
I'm glad you get all the hate you get stupid faggot
>>
>>31394346
Let's not get crazy here, anything beyond male or female is still bad
>>
>>31394390
>the post-game content is near non-existent even though they shoved an entirely new region into it
What did he mean by this?
>>
FRLG is the game with the best replayability value. Prove me wrong
>>
>>31394473
FRLG only have replay value because of the countless romhacks.

Prove me wrong.
>>
They're dicks for completely blocking the nat dex to the point of not even allowing trading with RS until a tedious quest was completed and blocking evolutions.

A pokemon game where you can't even evolve your bros to their fullest potential is shit.
>>
File: 1483599346609.png (92KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1483599346609.png
92KB, 625x626px
>>31394368
I am a newfag, and i understand this meme

First day on /vp/, i suppose?
>>
>>31394329
is this yours?
>>
>>31394567
Tbf it was their first remake and they probably weren't sure how they should incorporate newer evolutions
>>
>>31394567
Alakazam is too overpowered for its own good. Kadabra is perfect as an in-game psychic pokemon.
>>
>>31394697
do you know how many pokemon Silver has in his final HGSS team that could evolve in gen 4 but didnt because of muh remake?
>>
>>31394242

why don't people like FRLG? I love them. they're like RBY except actually playable and fun.
>>
>>31394744
Because Kanto. That's really the only criticism I've read regarding FRLG.

In that case, why isn't this game rated higher on this board? I don't get it.
>>
>>31394242
A better question would be: does the soundtrack really deserve the hate that it gets? I personally liked it, it had character (Champion theme for example), unlike ORAS remixes.
>>
>>31394741
Shit forgot about that. Well I don't know, Game Freak can be dumb at times
>>
>>31394788
the answer was 2
>>
>>31394727
Kanto trade evos were allowed though.

Crobat, Kingdra, Steelix, Scizor and Slowking were blocked. You couldn't have a Crobat pre e4 no matter how much it loved you.
>>
>>31394727

Or Mr.Mime since the only one available is an ingame trade which gets boosted exp.
>>
>>31394809
>What? Golbat is evolving!
>???
I fucking hate this.
>>
>>31394497
>romhacks
That was easy
>>
>>31394809
Was trading blocked? Like can someone get a Slowking from a friend even if they had yet to face the e4?
>>
>>31394809
I think they were blocked because those pokemon weren't part of the regional dex
>>
>>31394774
>does the soundtrack really deserve the hate that it gets?
Does it get that? Why?
>>
>>31394900
This I'm not clear with. But they would have to be frlg with nat dex.

>>31394903
But every other game has the courtesy to leave a ??? in the dex number. hgss and oras expanded their dexes to accomplish.
>>
>>31394849
This is the only legitimate reason I can see for the sheer amount of rage I see on /vp/ about gen-locking the regional dex. I never even played the original RBY & fucking love Crobot, & even then I didn't go into FRLG expecting anything more than the original content - in fact I was fucking overjoyed when Johto mons started showing up in the postgame. But if I'd had to put up with GF's teasing every time a Golbat levelled up I'd have been pretty pissed too
>>
>>31395003
I never saw that hate that you are talking about.
I don't consider it to be top 3, but I don't consider to be bad games either.
>>
>>31394773

I like how Kanto is one of the least linear regions in the game. Unlike the newer gens, you can beat the gyms out of order and choose to go around the region for the first time in completely different directions/areas.

And there's less story shoved down your throat. There is a story but most of it has to be inferred from actual gameplay stuff. I think that kind of game design is something that has pretty much vanished from gaming these days.

Everyone is pushing video games as interactive movies and focusing so much on narratives and characters, which I don't oppose to, but I do miss when games put more of an emphasis on the actual gameplay.
>>
>>31395068
I probably exaggerated it, but there always seem to be at least two or three posters in any FRLG-related thread moaning about it. Could just be the same two guys though
>>
>>31394959
A LOT, especially here. Maybe people didn't like the guitars?
>>
>>31395144
This. So much this.

FRLG and HGSS are the only replayable games because they focus more on gameplay over story.
>>
>>31395242
>>31395144
this and this.
>>
>>31395144
Fucking this.

FRLG are the only games where I will find myself constantly replaying over and over. That entire quest after Blaine was amazing.

>>31394774
I love the soundtrack. Especially the Pokemon Tower and Island 4 and 7.
>>
>>31395242
>FRLG and HGSS are the only replayable games because they focus more on gameplay over story
The irony is that they have the least content of most modern games.
>>
>>31394741
>>do you know how many pokemon Silver has in his final HGSS team that could evolve in gen 4 but didnt because of muh remake?

I was more angry at his bitch mode levels his final and repeat battles had him at. Every gym and e4 got decent rematch levels, but all silver got was a 5 lvl increase from g/s/c for his daily battles. The fact that he is still randomly thrown into mt moon of all places instead of being incorporated into kanto organically really pissed me off too.
>>
>>31394455
He meant that the post-game content is near non-existent even though they shoved an entirely new region into it
>>
>>31395144
>I like how Kanto is one of the least linear regions in the game.
Holy shit, WHAT? Do you ACTUALLY believe this shlock?
>Unlike the newer gens, you can beat the gyms out of order
Oh wow, you can do one Gym before the other, ONE Gym!!!! SO NONLINEAR!!!
>choose to go around the region for the first time in completely different directions/areas.
What in the fuck are you talking about, dipshit? Kanto is ALWAYS the same fucking path. Proving this otherwise is impossible.

>And there's less story shoved down your throat. There is a story but most of it has to be inferred from actual gameplay stuff. I think that kind of game design is something that has pretty much vanished from gaming these days.
No, there is zero story. It's almost as bad as Gen 2. With no story, there's no fucking POINT to playing the games. Seriously, what the fuck motivates you? That's like living life without the Lord.

>Everyone is pushing video games as interactive movies and focusing so much on narratives and characters, which I don't oppose to, but I do miss when games put more of an emphasis on the actual gameplay.
(You)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
>>
>>31395734
Is another region not considered post-content? Did you want battle institutions which are dead and forgotten content after playing it the first time?
>>
>>31395760
underage detected
>>
>>31395760
get a better app for posting here anon. No one gives a shit about your HTC One.
>>
>>31395932
>Can't come up with a counterargument
>lololol underage alarms goin off!!!!!!xdXD

>>
>>31395944
>poorfag mad he can't afford my phone or earn as many figures as I do
Typical.

>>
>>31394266
2 genders
>>
>>31394296
Top 5, sure, but not top 3. I did really enjoy the Sevii Islands for the small story they had as well as the exploration.

>>31394260
>Worst game
R/S
>>
>>31394296
If they re-released all the pre-DP games with no change save for the physical/special split I'd only repurchase Gold, Colosseum, and LeafGreen.

Before the split you just have a lot of potentially cool Pokemon (think: Water types with a high attack stat) that don't have a lot going for them, even in regular runthroughs.
>>
>>31395954
You're obviously using a free app that automatically adds bullshit to your post.
Idgaf how many figures you make, you're the one looking like a poorfag.
>>
>>31394266
2 GENDERS!
>>
>>31394497
R/S has tons of romhacks yet that game is trash.
>>
>>31396007
Tapatalk lets me post efficiently and easily. Get a life.

>>
>>31394346
why do you still post with your trip if you know no one will ever take your opinion seriously if you keep it on?
>>
>>31394348
How haven't you played Emerald at this point?
>>
>>31396007
You're replying to bait.
>>
>>31396089
He's been posting total shit like this in a bunch of threads; these aren't serious opinions & you should probably stop giving him the attention he so clearly craves
>>
>>31396103
Well, is it better than FRLG or no?
>>
>>31394900

You can only trade with other copies of Fr/Lg prior to completing post game and shit like Slowpoke to Slowking would just auto cancel the evo.
>>
>>31396128
Why the Hell do you care about what I think? Go play it and make your own conclusions.
>>
>>31396133
And you couldn't trade one Slowking over to a game that hadn't yet faced the e4 right?
>>
>>31396146
I have. I personally think FRLG was better.
>>
>>31395932
>>31395944
>>31396007
Don't feed it replies, you idiots.
>>
>>31394266
Just kill yourself retard
>>
>>31394296
Do you have a poll for that?
>>
>>31396183
Then why did you imply the contrary to either? You're anonymous, just say what you think.
>>
>>31396255
Just look at the current poll going on right now

http://www.strawpoll.me/12115175/r
>>
>>31395570

>The irony is that they have the least content of most modern games.

not even true.

think about the modern games that have dominated the industry for the last decade: Call Of Duty, Halo, shit like that; all with single-player campaigns that are 4-8 hours at best and that's if you're playing on the higher difficulties.

now you could say "well Halo and CoD have multiplayer" but the quality of those game's MP has been shit for like five years now and I don't think it's fair to use that as an argument because obviously the early pokemon games are focused on single-player.

and a lot of gamers don't play games for the MP, plenty of people still want a good SP experience, and the early pokemon games deliver on that.

now obviously some of the later games definitely have more content (especially Platinum and B2W2) but it comes at the cost of a lot of negative factors such as casualization and shit like that. but that's not exclusive to the pokemon series, it's widespread in the whole industry now. even CoD fans are finally waking up and realizing that the new CoD games are shit.

I mean, FRLG didn't just remake RBY, they also added the Sevii Islands which was a pretty solid chunk of content, and they added a lot of the new features from gen 2 and gen 3 that improve the original Kanto experience.

and even if they aren't packed to the brim with content, I feel like the main game has a ton of replayability just because of the quality of it.
>>
>>31395760
>Seriously, what the fuck motivates you? That's like living life without the Lord.
Gotta say anon, you nearly fooled me. GG
>>
File: IMG_2319.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2319.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>31394266
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.